|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
|STOP IT. THIS IS NOT OKIE-DOKIE.|
|⚠ Warning! Axol is a highly controversial character among the fanbase and is one of the leading causes of flame and flame edit wars! Please edit and comment with extreme caution! |
Reason: Divisive and controversial death among the series.
This article may also contain inaccurate, misleading, or shocking content, so please take it all with a grain of salt. If there is any biased information present in this article, please edit it out or ask other editors to do it for you!
Thank you for the adventure.
|—Axol's last words before his death to Melony, War Of The Fat Italians 2021|
Axol was a modern main character in the SMG4 series.
He was a humanoid axolotl-creature and was the world's greatest manga artist, born in Inkopolis where he was bullied for his passion for anime, so he moved into Japan where he rose to fame. He was armed with a magic pen called the Inkweaver, that he used to bring drawings to life for a temporary amount of time. He eventually met SMG4 and his friends, and joined them to convince Peach Toadstool to lift the anime ban and later defeat Francis on Anime Island.
He then moved into the Mushroom Kingdom where he joined his friends in multiple adventures.
Like Saiko Bichitaru, Toad, Wario, Waluigi, and Bowser, he hasn't made many appearances in Season 10 and was demoted to a recurring character due to the presence of new characters like Hal Monitor and returning characters like Swagmaster6969696969, Chris Gordman, Dr. Eggman, Sonic the Hedgehog and SMG3. He, Toad and Bowser also were demoted to occasional members of SMG4's Gang due to the former Anti-Cast members as his defacto replacements until he got promoted again back to being an active member in Season 11 until his death.
From SMG4: Deleted to SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode, he, along with Toad, Bowser and Shroomy, were the remaining surviving members of SMG4's Gang, as others (apart from Mario) were sent to the Internet Graveyard until they were rescued by Mario. As of SMG4: The Internet Graveyard, the lack of a proper time perspective in the Internet Graveyard, the length of time spent in it, and his Inkweaver being broken has caused him to be mentally insane. Not only that, but he had also got himself a scar. However, since SMG4: Food Wars, he has recovered from his insanity, but was still unable to use the broken pen and became a washed up artist, having lost the power of the Inkweaver as well as the quality of his anime until he fixed it with Mario's help in SMG4: If Mario Was In... Anime.
In SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms, Axol was possessed by Zero, resulting in him becoming corrupted and a virus, ultimately becoming the secondary antagonist of the Genesis Arc which resulted in his death.
He would return in SMG4 Movie: REVELATIONS in a Limbo helping out Melony save her friends.
He first appeared in SMG4: The Japan Trip. He was a famous manga artist living in Japan. He wielded a magic pen called Inkweaver which can animate the things he draws to life. He used it to amuse fans and stated he will use it to defeat the Anime Secret Service in the end of SMG4: The Japan Trip.
In SMG4: The Splatfest Incident, Axol was accused of abducting numerous Inklings so that he could continue bringing his anime characters to life, but in SMG4: The Inkling Disappearances, he was revealed to be innocent and also kidnapped.
It is revealed that Francis had stolen the Inkweaver and was having his followers torment Axol, who tried to explain that Francis was using them. Presumably, Francis had gone mad with power, though he still expressed the desire to have waifus, more specifically an entire island of them.
After the events of the Anime Arc, he has become part of the main cast, since he would fill the gap since Desti's death in SMG4: World War Mario and was featured on the new channel banner on the channel.
Axol was born and hailed in Inkopolis. During his childhood, Axol can be seen drawing some anime characters. The present Axol stated that Inkopolis was a harsh place for anime lovers as two Inklings can be seen laughing at young Axol for drawing anime as for the fact that they hated anime.
After he grew up and became a manga artist, he moved to Akihabara and become a popular celebrity across Japan.
When a Monty Mole confused Saiko for one of Axol's creations, he explained that Axol is a manga artist and showed him to her. Fishy Boopkins seemed to recognize Axol and wanted to talk to him. When he, along with Saiko, SMG4 and Bob finally reached him, they explained to him that anime was banned in the Mushroom Kingdom, to which Axol replied that he would make anime legal again.
Axol leaves Japan, with Saiko, SMG4, Bob, and Boopkins, but the airport of the Mushroom Kingdom doesn't allow entry, because Saiko appears to be an anime girl, but Axol creates some anime girls and the guards chase them.
Meanwhile, the group can return to the Mushroom Kingdom, and they came to a hiding place to make a plan.
Axol and the others finally reach Peach and present her a show with Fishy Boopkins singing about how great anime is. Peach declares anime awesome and proceeds to lift the anime ban. Axol then leaves the heroes and heads back to Japan.
While Axol doesn't physically appear, he is mentioned by the characters and there are even flashbacks of him. Due to the claw marks and an anime DVD in Meggy's house, Mario, Luigi, Tari and Desti suspect Axol of being responsible for Meggy's disappearance.
Mario, Luigi, Tari, and Desti still suspect Axol for Meggy's disappearance, and when they hear the news of more Inklings disappearance, they believe Axol may have kidnapped them as well. However, the end of the episode reveals that Axol is not the one who has kidnapped the Inklings but was abducted as well and his Inkweaver is in the hands of the Mastermind.
It is revealed that Francis of the Anime Cartel is the true culprit responsible for the abductions, as well as stealing Axol's trusty Inkweaver to make his very own island of waifus. Axol tries to tell Francis to reconsider his actions but gets choked by Francis' "Mewtwo" before Francis and his anime minions leave. Later that episode, Axol is seen being spanked by two Anime Cartel members but is then saved by Meggy and Desti and explains to them that he would never do such a thing as kidnapping his own friends. Shortly before the end of the episode, Axol finds out that Francis has already gotten the Inkweaver to 70% to summon Super Saiyan Goku. He tries to fight them, but gets taken out by Francis' Goku in one punch and then captured again.
As Mario, Luigi, SMG4, Tari and Saiko come to save Meggy, Desti and Axol, Axol and Desti are still chained and see Meggy in the Ink Zuccer 2K. Francis gets excited about finally pushing her in the Zuccer to extract her ink and then pushes the lever from 50% to 100%. Fortunately, Francis is distracted by Mario's team finally approaching his base and leaves the room, and Axol manages to free himself by taunting Mewtwo by saying that he would rather choose Magikarp. Mewtwo gets infuriated, grabs him and throws him towards the Zuccer's control panel, occasionally breaking the chains which Axol takes advantage of. Mewtwo attempts to attack Axol who continues to taunt him, but Axol dodges him and makes him break right into the control panel, which then explodes and kills the Pokémon. The Ink Zuccer 2K then stops extracting Meggy's ink, saving her life. Axol proceeds to free Desti as well with the key that Mewtwo had just dropped. Later, Axol succeeds to take his Inkweaver back from Francis, which, however, Francis manages to steal again.
Axol doesn’t do much during the beginning of the episode. After Francis creates 100 False Sepiroths, Axol tries using paper shurikens to fight them, but he fails to hit them. He then gets hit into another room. While Francis is trying to use the Inkweaver without ink, Axol tells him that it’s out of ink. He then chases him around a bit. However, after a bunch of people attacking Francis, the Ink Zuccer dumps an immense amount of ink onto Francis, charging Inkweaver to 100%, which Axol immediately realizes. He’s next seen (aside from some shots which have him not doing anything) attacking Francis. He grabs the Inkweaver. However, it’s out of ink. Mario tells him to draw the characters already, but he tells him that there isn’t any more ink. Meggy tells him to use the Ink Zuccer to charge it. Axol is reluctant at first, but Meggy tells him that if it isn’t done, everyone dies. Axol turns it up to an unknown amount, probably above 100%. After the Ink Zuccer has been destroyed, with above 100% zuccing power, it has more than enough ink to charge Inkweaver by 100%. Axol uses Inkweaver to summon Shaggy. As Goku is about to self destruct, Axol realizes what’s happening. After Shaggy gets the Inklings, everyone realizes that he forgot Meggy, and Axol tells him to get Meggy. He succeeds and Axol among the others are shocked to see Meggy's new look. He is last seen counseling Meggy at Desti's funeral.
Axol reappears near the end of the video where he is enjoying his meal, only to be interrupted three times by Mario's screaming while Ronald McDonald attacks him. He uses his InkWeaver to summon Colonel Sanders and have a battle with Ronald McDonald, only to kick him in the Pingas and causing him to scream in pain. Afterward, Mario thanks Axol for helping him and asks if Mario wants to dine in with him and he agrees. Then Colonel Sanders vanishes after his victory much like how Axol temporarily draws anime characters.
Axol is revealed to have left Akihabara and is struggling to find a house in the Mushroom Kingdom. He finds a house rented out by the Heavy Weapons Guy, but is rejected from living there due to his excess anime replicas. The house is set on fire and Axol is still struggling to find a place to live. It also turns out he's burned down every other house he's been to.
Axol allows Mario, Fishy Boopkins, and Bob to accompany him on his treasure hunt to the Lost City of Gold, where his Inkweaver is stolen by a tribe of Teletubbies, who are revealed to use it to make their own golden creations.
Axol appeared in Round 10 and started by creating Ryu. SMG4 countered with Kermit The Frog. Ryu, however, beat him down. Mario then tried his creation but it naturally failed. As Axol celebrated, suddenly, Kermit defeated him, shocking Axol and letting SMG4 take the round. He later sings along with the rest of the characters in the rap battle.
He competed in a war alongside Mario and Bowser against Meggy, Saiko, and Tari at Shroomy's summer camp.
He, alongside Mario's other friends, left him alone after he overslept due to not wanting to miss their trip to Miami. Desperate, later on, from being alone, Mario used an actual salamander as Axol's replacement. He later returns to beat up Wario and Waluigi for being home invaders, in this case by summoning Ryu with his inkweaver.
He alongside his friends were in an Asian-themed location enjoying the New Year. He was part of the group that took part in a carnival game hosted by Swagmaster6969696969 and Chris Gordman, whom both needed the cash to go on vacation. He later wins a stuffed toy that Tari unintentionally stole from him. The episode ends with him and his friends along with the guards enjoying the view of the fireworks.
He appears trying to suggest a school club upon finding out that Mario trespassed a school just to find fellow club members. He was the only person in the group to not have a club shown in the video and although he suggested a volleyball club, Bob rejected it because if he had to do another physical sports club, he would scream.
He witnessed Meggy's grand attempt to take part and win in the final Splatfest. At the lowest point of her when she believed that her pride was her downfall, Axol encouraged her to relax and let go.
He is first seen as part of the Mushroom Kingdom Royal Marching Band announcing the arrival of Mario, who was a tyrannical king of Mario Land, to the tune of Astromania. He later was part of a successful coup that took down Mario's guards and was prepared to fight the civilians when Peach Toadstool appeared to restore things back to normal. He then collapses with the rest of the SMG4 gang when he just approached them like nothing bad happened.
Axol played a much smaller role in the YouTube Arc compared to the Anime Arc. He is first seen drawing anime in SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】 when Mario sends him away using an Oof Button summoned from the YouTube Remote, claiming "nothing of value was lost". SMG4: The Internet Graveyard reveals that he was sucked into the Internet Graveyard with his Inkweaver being destroyed. He tried to get to the Starbucks in the dimension but the guardians denied him entry. With no way of knowing how much time has passed, he became insane.
Three weeks later, he came across Mario and Luigi. In his insane state, he attacked them but was slapped out of it when an army of Ugandan Knuckles appeared and he repelled them with Tide Pods. He explained his situation to the brothers and they helped each other get back to the Starbucks.
When they returned to the guardians just to be told he was denied entry, Mario fixed their toilet, allowing them entry. However, the fix was undone and the guardians tried seizing them. Fortunately, Mario managed to contact SMG4 to save them in time via making Harambe a relevant meme again. He is last seen on the roof of Peach's Castle, talking to Luigi and SMG4 about Harambe.
In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, Luigi and Melony are challenged to survive watching through his Two Piece anime for as long as possible. Eventually, Luigi gave in due to the extreme romance of the show, causing the Anti-Cast to win that challenge.
The events that happen in this episode show how Melony became human and how Axol had a crush on her.
He goes shopping with Melony to find a new bed for her. At the end, he gives her a new hedge for her Christmas present, with the latter hugging him as a way of thanking him.
He is one of the two main protagonists of this video, the other being Melony.
Axol awaits Meggy's return in the harbour with everyone else, hoping she found what she was looking for. Later, he has a conversation with Meggy in an Ikea, where the topic of his relationship with Melony is eventually brought up. He is visually embarrassed but the conversation is abruptly interrupted by Melony's new bed blasting out of the store before he could pay for it.
Axol installs a device in inkweaver to find its missing piece in order to fix it due to losing his title as best anime artist, causing inkweaver to travel away towards the other piece, taking Mario with it. At the end of the episode, Mario finds the missing piece in the internet graveyard and Axol fixes inkweaver.
Axol plays a large role in the Genesis Arc, a much larger upgrade from the YouTube Arc. Axol helps SMG4 and the others travel through the dark web in SMG4: Into The Dark Web in order to find SMG4's USB by helping to protect Melony. In SMG4: The Day HE Arrived, Axol along with SMG4 went to rescue Mario from the Shrek clones. He got trapped in SMG0's USB with Zero, the combined form of Niles and SMG0 but with the former in control. Zero stretched his finger out and touched Axol on the head, causing him to be rendered unconscious before he was dropped out of Zero's USB. He regained consciousness later on, but was secretly possessed by Zero/Niles.
Later, Axol discovered Zero's plan and that he was possessed by Zero, so he tried to warn Mario, SMG4, and SMG3 in SMG4: Mario and the Backrooms through implicit means like the Goomba and the words in the birthday room. However, Zero (Niles) eventually managed to lead SMG3, SMG4 and their avatar, Mario, to SMG3's Guardian Pod in the Dark Web. When the three characters found Axol at the USB, he was acting very weirdly and switching personalities. After Axol's good side told them to leave the area immediately, SMG4 realised that they were in danger. However, he realised their mistake too late. Zero gained full control over Axol, turning him into a manifestation of the antagonist called Ax0l. With a firm grip on SMG4, the possessed Ax0l (Zero) threw him at the USB, which opened and sucked in SMG3, SMG4 and Mario.
In SMG4: MARIOS OKAY, he appears in a flashback to the previous blooper. At the end of the episode, he physically shows up at Peach's Castle, where he waits for the SMGs with a evil grin on his face. He has captured Mario, who was unconscious and floating in front of the castle. In the WOTFI 2021 Trailer, after the reanimated scene from SMG4: MARIOS OKAY, Ax0l further transforms to resemble Niles and SMG0's merged form.
After capturing Mario, Ax0l uses the Guardian Pods and Mario to try to create a new universe and avatar for himself, only to be briefly halted by the SMGs and their allies in SMG4: The Final Piece. While he managed to fight back, he was tricked before being seemingly stopped by the SMGs. When they tried using the Guardian Pods to seal Zero away and free Axol from his possession, the latter dragged Melony into the mindscape where she found the real Axol, where he showed her his manga and confession while chain bound. Unfortunately, after Axol thanked Melony, he was dragged away from her as it's revealed that Zero had resisted the SMGs' attempts to lock him up, tying them up with chains so they could no longer interfere with his plans. With the Guardian Pods, Ax0l started a portal with the meme energy of the SMG4 universe to begin making a new universe for Niles, touching the crystal that he used to seal off Mario. As the two fell into the moat of Peach's Castle, Ax0l emerged as his final possessed form, floating above the ground and ready to witness the birth of the new universe.
In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021, Axol's body was completely controlled by "SMG0" (aka Niles) and Axol was trapped in a unbreakable prison. When Melony got to him, any attempts to break the flesh chains were futile and seemingly impossible and they were low on time with Zero breaking free of Mario's grip so Axol decided that the only way to defeat Zero is to sacrifice himself. Melony aimlessly pleads to Axol constantly telling him there’s got to be another way, and constantly tried to find another way to free him. But seeing there was no other way and realising that Axol’s time was truly up, Melony gave Axol his manga back and revealed that she finished it where she admitted that she liked him back and he receives a kiss from her. Axol thanked Melony for the adventure before Melony killed him with her sword which seemingly put an end to Zero.
However, it was later revealed that Melony killing Axol only managed to split Zero back into his two original forms: the true SMG0 who represented by a white light and Niles, the mind behind Zero, who was represented by a black mass. SMG0 flew off and landed in a remnant of his old universe with no memory of what happened while he was merged with Niles into Zero. As for Niles, he refused to give up on his plans and attached himself to Melony to plan for his return and "finish what he started".
Axol would sometimes be mentioned and referenced a few times throughout the series even after the Genesis Arc, such as him being acknowledged by Melony in SMG4: Mario has a BBQ but he's not invited, saying he would have been happy if he was still here. Another is where a drawing of him and Melony can be seen during the beginning and was even mentioned by Niles as "Fish Boyfriend" later on in SMG4: Mario and The God Box.
He returns as a spirit in SMG4 Movie: REVELATIONS helping Melony save her friends from Niles and was proud of her improving art and said hopefully they can meet again and show him an even better drawing.
The events of SMG4: My Mario Academia were revealed to be an anime created by him, much to everyone's disgust. In Season 10, he appeared to help Mario fight Papa John in SMG4: Mario Runs Out Of Toilet Paper and again at Meggy's housewarming party in SMG4: Meggy Moves In.
Additionally, he made a cameo appearance in the opening advertisement for the Japanese media company, Crunchyroll, in SMG4: The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe.
Axol appeared to be an anthropomorphic axolotl, an aquatic salamander. He wore a blue long-sleeved shirt, navy blue pants, and a belt that carried ink grenades. His weapon of choice was an Inkweaver, a large pen with a red claw on top. During his time in the Internet Graveyard, he became more disheveled as his clothes became darker, ragged and torn and he gained a red scar over his right eye.
The left half of his face was covered with purple spots. His right eye became larger than the left, and his mouth became significantly wider and had more twisted and pointed teeth. In addition, he had intercepting horns that resembled the number 0 to show his possession. In addition, he no longer had the scar in his right eye.
Ax0l (first stage)
In the climax of the Genesis Arc, SMG0 mutates Axol into a far more horrific and twisted form. The right side of his head became blue like his shirt, with the right part of his face missing textures around his left eye, where the schlera had become red with a white 0-shaped iris, resembling SMG0's eye. In addition, his lower torso begun to disintegrate and consisted of exposed ribs and missing textures, and bones can be seen poking from his flesh to further resemble SMG0, and cracking has become visible on his skin, making it look much paler than before. In addition, the Inkweaver has been fused to his right arm, but further resembles SMG0's iconic arm.
Ax0l (second stage)
The final possessed form of Axol was much larger than his second possessed form, while more closely resembling the true form of SMG0. First, the character's lower torso had disintegrated completely, to the point where he no longer has legs and instead levitates above the ground. Moreover, spokes had appeared in the space surrounded by his ring-shaped horn, resembling a 0.
With the release of his 3 possessed molds it turned out that the third mold was only that big because of the ragdoll resizer. In reality, the Third Form is just as big as Axol's actual upper body.
Axol was a famous manga artist. Despite being popular, he was not highly prideful, but he was very friendly and helpful towards others, including SMG4 and friends, whom he helped in making anime and manga legalized again in the Mushroom Kingdom.
When being kidnapped by Francis, he became very "remorseful" for what he did, by saying that he was responsible for Francis stealing his magic pen.
SMG4: Mario Works at Mcdonalds shows that he hated being interrupted when he is eating, being annoyed at Ronald McDonald attacking Mario causing him to create a replica of Colonel Sanders to fight Ronald off.
After going insane in SMG4: The Internet Graveyard, he became obsessed with his new show "Two Piece" which apparently nobody aside from Luigi (he was forced to) and Melony (was also forced to but liked it later on) watched because it was so bad.
He became attracted to Melony in her human form. This obsession had been proved to be unhealthy, as shown in SMG4: The Intruder..., where he was willing to risk going back into the room with a bee in it to save Melony from the "danger". However, after "saving" her, it's revealed that Melony had taken the bee with her when she woke up, much to Axol and Bob's horror.
His obsession for Melony went too far in SMG4: The Melony Felony when he thought that Melony liked his character (Watermelon-Kun) more than him, causing him to create a fake episode where Watermelon-Kun got ran over by a truck and died, hoping that Melony would pay more attention to him. Obviously, this ended up doing the opposite, with Melony deciding that Axol wouldn't be her friend anymore.
When Melony decided that she would be friends with Bob instead, Axol showed visible concern for Melony's innocence, knowing that Bob would try to pull Melony into drugs and profanity. In the end, he swallowed his pride and convinced Melony to be his friend again, telling her that her favorite character would be fine.
In general, Axol had currently become more desperate opposed to his initial eccentric yet confident personality, however he was still loyal to his friends.
Being the most generous member of the SMG4 Gang, Axol has done the least amount of crimes in the series.
- Murder: In SMG4: The Melony Felony, he killed a Goomba with a sniper rifle to protect Melony from harm, but got caught by Hal Monitor only a few seconds later.
- Kidnapping: While possessed by SMG0, he kidnapped SMG4, SMG3, and Mario in the Backrooms, and eventually trapped them in SMG3's Guardian Pod in SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms. He eventually used Mario to try and make a new universe in SMG4: The Final Piece.
- Attempted murder: In the climax of the Genesis Arc, Axol (under SMG0's complete control as a form known as Ax0l) attempted to kill Mario to serve SMG0 and create his new universe. This is thwarted when Axol sacrificed his life with Melony's help to destroy his outer beast.
Powers and Abilities
- Inkweaver Mastery: He created Inkweaver for the sole purpose of bringing anime characters to life. Thus, he is highly skilled with it and was the only one to create Ultra Instinct Shaggy. However, after Inkweaver broke from falling into the Internet Graveyard with Axol, he lost his sanity and lost most of his skill with drawing anime. He was unable to repair Inkweaver until Mario located the missing piece in the Internet Graveyard. He was then able to repair Inkweaver and use its powers again.
- Chonku no Jiutsu: At some point in time, he acquired the ability to transform anyone into a Lil' Chonk with this technique. He first used it on Melony to carry her around with ease in the Dark Web and later on himself in order to snap Melony out of her trauma from seeing a disturbing Teletubby.
- Staff combat: Without its full powers, Axol is still able to wield Inkweaver as a blunt weapon.
- Axol is the first original character introduced in 2019. The second is Greg The Alien and the third is Melony.
- Axol is the second new original character introduced during an arc (The Anime Arc), the first being Tari in The Waluigi Arc.
- Axol is the second character to be given a permanent appearance change, after Meggy Spletzer.
- In the Anime Arc, Axol using non-violence to persuade Princess Peach to lift the anime ban mirrors how Mahatma Gandhi used non-violence to get independence from the British in 1947. However, Axol had to do so by sneaking around the A.S.S. agents, while Mario, the Anime Cartel and the others were forced to silence them.
- Like Meggy, he originated from Inkopolis.
- Despite not being an Inkling himself, it actually make sense because Inkopolis does not only have Inkling residents. It also has other aquatic creatures such as jellyfish and crustaceans, who appear there considering axolotls are aquatic creatures.
- As Axol used to live in Japan, he is implied to be capable of speaking Japanese, thus making him one of the few characters to be bilingual, as with Mario and Luigi (as they can speak Italian).
- Axol's name is derived from the axolotl, a species of an aquatic salamander native to Mexico, known for their regenerative abilities (they are capable of regrowing multiple body parts throughout their lives, even parts like the brain).
- Axol is not a vegetarian, as he is seen eating a hamburger at McDonalds.
- This does make sense because in real life, axolotls can be omnivores.
- Axol makes a cameo appearance as a virtual mirror avatar in the first episode of Meta Runner, META RUNNER - Season 1 Episode 1: Wrong Warp
- He has a knack for nicknames. When he first met the crew, he referred to Meggy and Desti as "Fish Girls" (Beanie Human Girl after Meggy transformed into a human), Mario as "Red Tomato", Luigi as "Pickle", Tari as "Duck Nerd", Bob as "Trash Bag-san", and Fishy Boopkins as "Green Frog".
- This is most likely because Axol just met them, and didn't get to know their real names yet.
- It was revealed by SMG4 that Axol was supposed to be the main villain of the Anime Arc, that he was supposed to unban anime to finally take over the world with his anime army, but him and Kevin decide that Francis will be the main villain instead of Axol.
- Axol would later become an antagonist in the Genesis Arc, although it was against his will since SMG0 possessed him and used his body.
- As of SMG4: Mario School Club, he developed a fear of Shroomy due to the latter's hunting habits.
- If you listen closely, Axol speaks with an Australian accent, despite living in Japan for ages. This is due to him being voiced by Kevin Lerdwichagul, who is of Australian decent.
- In Season 10, he appears much less than he did the prior season, with only seven speaking roles.
- His memories showed that he wore eyeglasses as a child.
- Since SMG4: The Internet Graveyard, inside the mouth on his model is light blue in his current design.
- Axol's scarred eye looks visually similar to that of the scarred eyes of Kratos from the God of War franchise and Weiss Schnee from the American webseries, RWBY.
- Although this is not confirmed, he could be SMG4's interpretation of Rohan Kishibe from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.
- In one of their Q&As however, it was revealed that Axol was inspired by Eiji Niizuma, from the anime Bakuman.
- In SMG4: Mario's Mask Of Madness, Axol seemingly has an attraction to Melony's human form, which explains him staring at Melony with the heart effects around her. This is later confirmed when he wants Melony to be his valentine in SMG4: The Melony Felony, and later during the Genesis Arc, he admits to wanting to ask her out. This all culminates during the penultimate episode of the Genesis Arc, where he confesses his feelings to her by having her read a manga he drew of them both where he confesses to her, before having his consciousness completely taken over by SMG0.
- Currently, there is no known ragdoll model of Axol's scarred eye and washed up appearance. While his original appearance is still released, it is unknown if Glitch Production's staff will be releasing the model of said appearance.
- There is a fanmade version of Axol's post-Internet Graveyard appearance, which can be founded here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2415618482
- Axol is the seventh member to join the modern version of SMG4's Gang, following after Fishy Boopkins, Bob Bobowski, Meggy Spletzer, Shroomy, Saiko Bichitaru, & Tari.
- Axol is the second character to sport a facial scar, preceded by Chris.
- Axol's Lil' Chonk variant curiously lacks his eye scar.
- Axol's Corrupted possessed form in its first stage is reminiscent of an EXE. Horror figure. It has also become a meme.
- The third stage of Axol's possession by SMG0 is the largest model ever created for SMG4, at least until we see SMG0's full body completely which is likely larger.
- Axol's SMG0 Form is now officially on Steam. [LINK]
- The description officially says "Ax0l", which means "Ax0l" is no longer a fan name but an official name now.
- Under the assumption that SMG0 is unlikely to possess Axol twice, this makes this the only instance where a "one time model" is released to the public, alongside Spudnick if his death is permanent.
- Axol is the tenth character who’s death was taken seriously, after King Bob-omb, his son, Pete, Clone Mario, Desti, Francis, New Super Duper Mario Plus Ultra, Greg The Alien and Spudnick.
- He is the fourth character to die in an arc, after Desti, Francis, and Greg The Alien.
- Axol is the first member of the main cast to permanently die, having been killed by Melony in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021, as well as the only character introduced in a story arc to die in another one.
- Axol is the first character for whom a ragdoll was published and later died. This created a metaphoric gap in the Steam workshop.
- Due to the high rise in petitions and begging to bring Axol back, FM (FightingMario54321) confirmed on Twitter, Reddit and Discord that Axol will not be brought back in any form, and that his death is permanent and that no petitions, campaigning or begging on the internet will change that.
- After SMG4: Absolute Betrayal, many fans were upset due to the fact Zero came back to life and believed that Axol's death was pointless, But however, FM Did also mention in his statement moments after his death that the death was NOT in vain.