|Not to be confused with her Meta Runner counterpart.|
She makes her first appearance in the episode S̶M̶G̶4̶: I Can't Believe It's Not SMG4! who acts as a doppelganger counterpart to Tari. She is a cyborg gamer and aspiring stage actress, and a former member of the Anti-Cast, thus a former ally of SMG3's. Belle is one of the seven former secondary antagonists of the YouTube Arc. In the fourth quarter of the tenth season, Belle became allied with SMG4's Gang, along with Whimpu and Rob the Scarecrow.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 3.1 S̶M̶G̶4̶: I Can't Believe It's Not SMG4!
- 3.2 SMG4: Mario VS Youtube
- 3.3 SMG4: Deleted
- 3.4 SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode
- 3.5 SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020
- 3.6 SMG4: Food Wars
- 3.7 SMG4: If Mario Was In Meta Runner
- 3.8 SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND
- 3.9 SMG4 Christmas Special 2020
- 3.10 SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL
- 3.11 SMG4: Mario Babies
- 3.12 SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special
- 3.13 SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2
- 3.14 SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021
- 3.15 SMG4: If Mario Was In.... SQUID GAME
- 3.16 SMG4: THE 5,000,000 SUB SPECIAL
- 3.17 SMG4 Christmas Special 2021
- 4 Skills
- 5 Trivia
- 6 See Also
Belle Fontiere is a slim tall young woman who has bright red gradient colored hair with orange to yellow streaks in a messy ponytail and has orange eyes and pink cheeks. Like Tari, she has a cybernetic bionic arm, but it is on her right arm as opposed to Tari's left arm, which plays into her uncanny gaming skills, with red circuitry and light on the back of her hand, and a red-winged tattoo on the forearm. She wears a short-sleeved white jacket with blue threads and a black tank top, black pants with a white belt, and black boots.
In her FNF mod she takes on an appearance more similar to her Appearance in Meta Runner, including changes proportions to match that, along with being in the FNF style.
Like her Meta Runner counterpart, Belle is shown to be both laid-back yet immensely competitive. However, she is more irritable than the original while she still has her insane amount of sass.
She is the absolute opposite of Tari, as she acts more aggressively than she does and is much less friendly. In addition, she has a right metal arm instead of a left one and has red and orange hair. She's also taller than her.
She seems to show a little more empathy than her Meta Runner counterpart, as shown in SMG4 Christmas Special 2020 when Bob (dressed as Santa) tells Tari that he won't get her the limited edition duck themed PlayStation 5. As a result, Belle threatens Bob from a distance that she will shoot off Bob's balls if he doesn't give Tari what she wants.
However, she is also shown to be somewhat greedy, as she will work for anyone who pays her enough. In SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2, this is the reason that she works for Mommy Mearest to stop the SMG4 Gang from breaking their funkin' curse.
"I feel like I know that girl..."
Belle makes her debut as one of the contestants to play a part at the Gielgud Theatre in Aubergine. Telling Cromulus (later revealed to be SMG3) that her talent is playing video games fast, Cromulus implies that she's a drifter being desperate, and agrees to choose her due to her sass. During the play, Belle plays a similar role to Tari. After the play was over and SMG4 discovered that SMG3 ripped off his previous videos, SMG3 has his crew fight SMG4's crew.
She fights Tari due to being a member of the Anti-Cast. As opposed to physical combat, Belle and Tari play a fighting game. Belle manages to beat her by spamming moves, annoying Tari saying it isn't a skill. Mario managed to stop between SMG4 and SMG3's bickering, leading to a truce between two factions, and both went their separate ways.
While SMG3's gang plans to erase SMG4's crew from existence. Belle goes into the video SMG4: Mario The Ultimate Gamer to prevent Tari from meeting Mario. Tari jumps in after her. Belle initially prevents past Tari from meeting Mario, but when future Tari sees what Belle has done, she tries to get Mario to meet her.
Belle and future Tari get into a video game match to see prove to Mario who is better. Tari and Belle are doing fairly well, until Belle throws a duck in front of Tari, causing Tari to be so distracted by its cuteness that Belle wins the competition. Therefore erasing Tari from existence, specifically, as the next episode reveals, banished to the Internet Graveyard.
While SMG3 has his crew portrayed as their former SMG4 counterparts for an episode of his new channel, Belle is portraying as Tari. Belle is seen playing video games. When SMG3 walks up to her, Belle responds with the line "Something something... I like duckies."
When SMG3 complains that she and the other members of his gang could not hold a candle to the original cast, she rightfully points out that it is likely because he isn't SMG4. Angered at Belle's statement, SMG3 shocked her in response, upsetting the others.
When Mario manages to go after SMG3, leading to the cowardly latter to run away, as the former gave chase, while the anti-cast including Belle were not bothered to help their leader anyway as they were upset with him, and when Whimpu asks if they should help SMG3, Belle says she's too busy fighting with the final boss in the video game she was playing.
After SMG4's crew managed to return to stop SMG3, The spirit of the YouTube Remote spirit demands both sides to participate in challenges, demonstrating whether SMG4 or SMG3 is worthy of the channel. Belle was involved in a few of the challenges. Bob tries to date Belle, with Mario and Whimpu for assistance, and competing against Tari for stealing Heavy Weapons Guy's sandwich.
Belle Fontiere joins SMG3 in his rap battle against SMG4’s gang but joins SMG4 when she realizes that SMG3 is simply using her along with the other members of her gang. Once SMG3 is defeated and banished to the Internet Graveyard, Belle along with SMG3's former allies celebrate their victory and friendship with their SMG4 counterparts.
Both the SMG4 and former SMG3 crew were throwing a party at Peach's Castle during Princess Peach's absence. Belle was seen playing a party game "Pin the tail on Obama". A dispute grows over what food should be put on the table. As the dispute gets more tension, more people rallied over to their preferred choice of food, Soon after, SMG4 declared a food war.
Belle sides with Mario on Team Pizza when everyone chooses sides on pizza or candy on the main party table. She is seen using a Katana as her weapon. After Peach returned and angered at both sides for throwing the party, transforms into Saxton Hale and brutally attacks them. Both factions united and successfully took down Peach, and the gang celebrated their victory, with Mario and Meggy reconciling.
Belle appears in Tari's dream which is a retelling of Season 1 of Meta Runner in a SMG4 parody style. Belle reprises her role much the same as her Meta Runner counterpart.
She goes Christmas shopping with Tari and later threatens Bob to buy the PS5 for Tari.
Belle is seen in a few skits in the video.
She appears in Melony's flashback in the waiting room for SMG3's auditions.
Belle is seen watching a show by Axol with Melony, Belle later was invited to SMG4's 10th anniversary party. During the party, SMG4 thanks his friends as well as his fans for ten whole years. Then, everyone starts to sing the 10th anniversary song, where at which Belle briefly appears during the song. Belle is seen waving goodbye to SMG4 as she leaves the party alongside Whimpu, JubJub, and many other characters.
Belle teamed up with Mommy Mearest to fight Mario's team only because Mommy Mearest was paying good money. Her opponent is Tari, and they warp into a Friday Night Funkin' arcade to sing Always Running. Tari manages to beat her.
In front of an audience, Mario and Luigi are challenged to beat Belle in a speedrun. Since she knows how inexperienced they are, she allows them to decide the game they'll play together to decide if either of them can beat Belle in a speedrun.
Mario chooses to challenge her to Minecraft despite the omnipresent knowledge of how to beat the game. And, as expected, Belle killed the Ender Dragon quicker than Mario started to play the game, especially due to him not already having a speedrun strategy in mind.
Alternatively, Luigi picks a more casual game called Rock Simulator 2014, much to Belle's shock. In this game, the player must do absolutely nothing. While Luigi is completely impassive to the situation of not having to do anything, Belle becomes increasingly confused, vexed, and unsure about how she's supposed to speedrun a Rock Simulator, questioning why she's even "playing" it. Giving up on beating the challenge with Luigi due to having no idea what to do, she throws the console controller on the floor and leaves the room enraged, turning her back to her predicament as a gamer completely.
She only made a few cameos.
Belle betrays SMG3 after the former realized he is cringe.
- Meta Skill Improvement: Belle can increase her player skills with the insane Meta Runner Touchscream.
- Immerse yourself in games: Like Tari, Belle can immerse yourself in games and take part in the game up close.
- Unlike her Meta Runner counterpart, she has orange eyes instead of burgundy, speaks in an Australian-American accent as opposed to her thick Australian accent in the original series and she wears a different tank top and jacket. Also, her hair is bright red instead of maroon and has more orange in it.
- It's possible that her SMG4 design is based off of her Meta Runner Season 2 design, as opposed to Tari, whose design is based off of Season 1. However, her eyebrows are black similar to her Season 1 design.
- Similar to Tari (and later Meggy), Belle uses recycled voice clips similar to Mario and Luigi rather than constantly recording new ones. This is due to the fact that their voice actors are usually busy voicing their characters for the animated series, so it's more convenient for them to leave behind prerecorded voice lines for the SMG4 series to use.
- Tari notes Belle being familiar, as a nod to their rivalry in Meta Runner. It gives the impression they may have met each other or is simply a nod to the fact that they know each other in an alternate universe.
- It is unknown if Belle's cybernetic arm contains similar enhancements as Tari's cybernetic arm, such as game warping, as no one in the series has directly tampered with it, compared to Tari's arm of which has been tampered in every episode where it has been vulnerable.
- This is likely due to Belle being more capable of fending for herself, therefore forcing anyone who approaches her far out of reach.
- Unlike Meta Runner, Belle, while still a gamer, isn't employed by TAS Corp, nor is there any mention of Lucks, rather a volunteer actor for a play by Cromulus, and later lackey to SMG3. Due to Tari's backstory being entirely vague in Super Mario 64 Bloopers's continuity, the same may apply to Belle.
- Like Meta Runner, Belle is a competent lackey to the main antagonist who wears blue and is the head of a shady entertainment corporation (SMG3 and Snitch Productions in SMG4, Lucks and TAS Corp. for Meta Runner).
- Her GMOD model is similar to Meggy's human model rather than Tari's SMG4 model.
- Tari and Belle's respective debuts in the SMG4Verse and the Meta Runner Universe are reversed. Tari first appeared in SMG4 before appearing in Meta Runner, and is thus considered an SMG4 original character, but her inclusion was to foreshadow her role as the latter show's protagonist, whereas Belle first appeared in Meta Runner and her eventual appearance in SMG4 was completely unannounced and unexpected, and thus regarded as a canon immigrant to the bloopers continuity.
- Unlike her Meta Runner counterpart in the first season, she is a hero (she was used by SMG3).
- She will, however, work for the bad guys if they pay good money.
- Of the Anti-Cast, Belle is the one who appeared the least, with only nine appearances, all of them among the rest of the cast.
- This is most likely due to the second season of Meta Runner premiering, which was from late October to early-mid December. In this period, she and Tari only appeared in SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND, the annual Halloween special, and SMG4: If Mario Was In Meta Runner, a video to promote Meta Runner. This was most likely to prevent both herself and Tari from becoming stale. After the second season finale, she reappeared in the final two videos of Season 10 and so far only appears with 2 cameos and 1 major role in Season 11.
- Another reason could be because Belle isn't very popular and like the other Anti-Cast members aside from Melony, began to become less popular as time passed on.
- Belle is implied to be over 18 years of age, as she dated Bob Bobowski in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, who is over 500 years of age. Though Belle is 23 in Meta Runner but her age is unknown in the SMG4 Universe.
Belle - FNF Mods Wiki