|Not to be confused with Mr. Bob, Bobby, Bob from Animal Crossing, Bob the Builder, Bob the Tomato, or Rob the Scarecrow.|
|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
"oW mY oVaRiEs!"
|—Bob Bobowski, repeated quote when he's hurt|
Bob Bobowski, also simply known as Bob, is a modern major character in the SMG4 series, originating from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask. He is the secondary antagonist of Season 8, serving as the titular main antagonist of the Rapper Bob Arc.
He is a homeless and idiotic Garo who used to live in the sewers under Ganondorf's castle for over 500 years (may be false, according to SMG4: Mario Babies), until he became a member of SMG4's Gang. He is the best friend of Fishy Boopkins. In his early days, Bob was selfish and secretly aimed to be famous, acted like a showoff, and mentally looked down at his friends. He also acts antagonistic at times, such as in SMG4: Mario's Train Trip.
In Season 8, his selfish dreams of fame eventually drove him to become a successful but betraying rapper, orchestrating events that would make him the greatest rapper in the world. However, his old friends managed to steal his popularity and thus abandoned him for some time. Thanks to Waluigi (the previous arc villain), he redeems himself and reconciles with his friends, joining them on many adventures. He was also the overall tritagonist of Season 10 and the deuteragonist of Season 11, appearing in every episode of the latter season thus far in some capacity until SMG4: Perfectly Balanced..
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Criminal Record
- 4 Powers and abilities
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
Not much was known about Bob, as he is very old. However, he did spent his childhood in Canada, where he was picked on by bullies Wario and Waluigi for being weak, until his friend Small Smoke taught him to be tough, and gave him his blade hands that scared Wario and Waluigi away.
After his time in Canada, he moved to the Mushroom Kingdom as a tramp; in vagrancy until he settled himself in the dungeons of Bowser's Castle.
In this episode, he tells horrible jokes. Naturally and not surprisingly, he does not win.
In this episode, he helps Mario do his work at the Circus, though it ends up badly for him. He then saves Mario from Waluigi, but after he accidentally shoots a baby doll at Donkey Kong, the Garo ends up getting mauled.
He, alongside Fishy Boopkins, has appeared in many of SMG4's newer videos, and both have a lot of trouble finding friends. They also starred in their own mini-series although it ended with Boopkins and Bob: The New Years Resolution.
Bob displays his selfishness by choosing to abandon Mario and Luigi to the horde of T-Posers, which eventually resulted in Luigi infected by the T-Pose Zombies. As retribution, Mario threw him off the roof. As Bob clings onto the edge of the roof with Mario standing over him, Bob claims he was joking and that "it was just a prank bro". Extremely angry, Mario flips him off and kicks him off the roof and into the swarm of T-Pose Zombies, presumably getting infected.
In the YouTube Arc, Bob was sent to the Internet Graveyard in SMG4: Deleted due to Rob the Scarecrow (on behalf of SMG3) altering the events of his debut in SM64 Bloopers: Can Ganondorf come out to play?, having the sewers clogged with corn and scaring Mario and Luigi. However, he and his friends were rescued by Mario (who stole SMG3's phone to re-upload everyone's debut video) in A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode.
One day, the Earth was blessed with the sexiest man on Earth. Upon seeing him, they could not bear his sexiness and exploded. Bob then went on to save the world and get all the bitches.
|—Bob describing himself with the "Book of Bob", SMG4: Mario Preschool|
Bob is a selfish, attention-hogging, foul-mouthed, and sometimes cruel Garo. He loves himself more than anyone and believes he is far more important in the world than anyone else. In fact, he made himself a really long fake autobiography, where he defeats SMG4 (who was apparently the book's main antagonist) and replaced him as the new main character "forever and ever". In both the same book and his Soundcloud account, he believes to be "the sexiest man in the world", and this led to SMG4 to brand him as an "asshole". He also sometimes leaves his friends to die in certain situations (such as The First T-Pose Outbreak) despite their begging, which infuriated Mario, since this led to Luigi becoming into a T-Pose Zombie. This trait can also be his downfall as seen in the Rapper Bob Arc; his inability to be satisfied resulted in him creating the Ultimate Diss Track, which lead to his friends making their own diss track that resulted in him losing his ill-obtained fame.
Despite that though, Bob did genuinely care for his friends until the Rapper Bob Arc, considering the fact he hasn't seen anyone for 500 years and called Boopkins his best friend during the Purge. However, sometime after The Waluigi Arc, he started seeing his friends as morons who only made his life "devastating" and used them to selfishly gain fame. Upon Boopkins accidentally ruining his concert, Bob snapped and angrily revealed that he never truly considered Boopkins nor anyone else his friend, and upon rebuilding his career, he proceeded to humiliate not only Boopkins but all of his friends on Live TV. He also became somewhat petty, as he only made his diss track against his friends simply because he wanted the whole world to know his name. However, after his career was ruined by his former friends, Bob tried and failed to make amends with them, until someone made him realize that his friends were The Most Important Thing To Him. He eventually decided to stop being a selfish narcissist and became friends with Boopkins and the others again, supposedly.
Like Luigi and Tari, Bob is an immense coward who is terrified of death, often begging or bargaining for his life. This trait is shown strongly in SMG4: The Mario Purge; he tried exaggerating his bravery to the Teletubbies who captured him and later his friends to get them to free him, but to no avail.
As revealed in Mario's Challenge and basically every episode he appears in, he has a bad sense of humor that only annoys people, which led to a gargoyle crushing him. The only time people laugh at him is when he is in pain.
SMG4: Smart Mario indicates that Bob is an idiot (being nearly as dumb as, if not dumber than, Mario), even though he is good at scheming.
According to SMG4: Mario Babies, he used to be sociable and was presumably a good student, but after being bullied by Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi, he met Big Smoke (known as Little Smoke back then) who influenced him, causing him to start swearing, take drugs, and ultimately, turned him into the jerk that we all love (and hate) today.
- Attempted Bank Robbery: In The Smash 5 Trials, Bob was seen robbing a bank until he was teleported away by Master Hand.
- Assault: Bob occasionally assaulted people, the most recent example being Mario in The Mario Concert.
- Holding Hostages: In Trick Or Treat Wars, Bob, fed up with not getting any candy, proceeded to grab a gun and held people hostage, threatening to kill them if they didn't give him any candy. This led to the police arresting him.
- Threatening: In The Mario Concert, he told Mario and Luigi to be in his luggage but they refused. He then holds a gun, threatening to kill them if they didn't get in.
- Anime smuggling: He has gotten involved with the smuggling of anime with the Anime Cartel, a criminal organization that smuggles anime into the Mushroom Kingdom following the Anime Crisis, in Mario's Illegal Operation. The charge was likely dropped when Peach lifted the anime ban.
- Murder: In Mario Preschool, Bob mentions to have murdered someone. (As proved by the quote, “Except for the murders.”) He also killed Goose in Untitled Mario Video.
- Framing: When a gang of Goombas threatened to shoot Bob for selling rap CDs on their turf, he blamed Melony, who thought their guns were toys, but she was fine in the end thanks to Axol anonymously shooting them from the background.
Powers and abilities
Bob has claimed to have many abilities, but several have been proven to be false. However, he's been shown to know a few skills.
- Skillful Blade Weilding: As someone with blades for "hands", Bob has been shown to be an expert at fighting with his blades, despite his idiotic nature.
- Various Anime Abilities: Exclusively in SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge, Bob, Fishy Boopkins, and Mario gained anime powers in a few of the challenges. At the end of the episode in the final challenge, Bob uses the Kamehameha from Dragon Ball on Mario, but ends up destroying the upper-half of Peach's Castle, leading Princess Peach to ban anime.
- Metal Bob: When Mario tried to contain Bob in SMG4: Mario Scratches His Ass by surrounding him with metal boxes in order to claim the legendary ass scratcher for himself, Bob unexpectedly absorbs the metal boxes, turning him into Metal Bob, making him invulnerable to normal attacks.
- GUN: as shown in SMG4 Movie: 10 Years Anniversary Special, Bob can replace his blade arm with guns
In an attempt to resurrect Greg The Alien in SMG4: The Resurrection, Greg's species turned Bob and his team into Immortals, although it seems that Bob lost those powers after the incident at the altar.
- Magic: As an Immortal, Bob was turned into an actual wizard, giving him several odd offensive abilities.
- "Ressurection"(failed): When Bob attempted to bring back Greg by becoming "god-like", it caused a devastating side effect that caused Greg's corpse to go rogue and slowly caused Bob's body to degenerate. After his friends destroyed the altar, he reverted back to his non-Immortal form.
- Bob is an expert on garbage, as he has a degree in garbology (the study of garbage), mostly because Bob is a professional piece of garbage.
- According to If Mario was in... Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Bob knows that he's a Zelda character. You probably missed that part because he appears right after the credits.
- In his first appearances (mostly in 2017), Bob's singing talents were downright awful, to the point where there was a whole challenge dedicated to it in War of the Fat Italians 2017, probably due to his text-to-speech voice. In 2018, however, Bob's talents have apparently improved, as people no longer cringe and get mad while hearing it.
- He likely swears more than any other character considering he had a challenge where he had to not swear for 10 minutes. Obviously, Bob failed.
- From The Smash 5 Trials, Bob had not showered in 24 years. However, people do not complain that he smells bad.
- Bob's model is a Garo from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Apparently, Garos are spirits of ninjas who usually spy on the Ikana Kingdom, which according to a ghost, only the dead roam.
- This is just speculation, but perhaps this is why Bob is at least 500 years old.
- And due to Garos being ninjas, he is usually seen wearing a Ninja Kirby hat when he's acting like a weeaboo.
- Bob's voice comes from the free online text to speech service AcapelaGroup, where his voice is labeled as WillFromAfar.
- This voice is most well known for the phrase "We are in the beam!" which was said in the Update: Invasion in Team Fortress 2.
- This voice is also the voice for Purple Shep, another character from a well-known Minecraft machinimist ExplodingTNT.
- Bob's girlfriend, Bobella-Chan is a trash bag. After claiming she was a better girlfriend than Saiko Bichitaru in Doki Doki Mario Club, the latter furiously kicked her away although she reappeared in Mario's Fancy Dinner.
- In his first appearances, everyone other than Fishy Boopkins and Tari (from The Most Important Thing) seems to hate Bob, including non-human things. For example, at the end of SSENMODNAR DELUXE, a tumbleweed refuses to be his friend.
- However, as of recent videos, people have started to become more accepting of him.
- There are several trivia related to Hobo Theatre: THE ORIGINS OF BOB:
- When Bob's stolen computer breaks, Luke Lerdwichagul makes a side comment, "At least I learned Russian." as Bob's persona, suggested that Bob learned Russian from playing Counter-Strike: Global Offense (or CS: GO).
- Bob is supposed to have originated as a trash bag that was accidentally put in a toxic waste field by Wario. However, this makes no sense unless Wario was taking out the garbage and that he had time traveled due to Bob being over 500 years old.
- Bob appears to be a replacement for SMG69. They both are fans of SMG4 and frequently ask him to be in his bloopers, yet SMG4 keeps refusing, although SMG69 only once appeared outside of videos involving blooper production. He appeared in Ssenmodnar 8, where SMG69 asks SMG4 to be in a video before SMG4 throws him into the sun, killing him off. This may be the reason Bob replaced him.
- According to (fan-contributed) closed captions, Bob's speaking subtitles use alternate typesetting of uppercase and lowercase text that represents a mocking tone.
- In Mario's Train Trip, he serves as the main antagonist, which is the first time he appears as an antagonist, with the second time being from The Mario Concert to Mario and The Diss Track.
- As of Mario Battle Royale, Bob now has an SM64 Mario model like Fishy Boopkins.
- In The Mario Mafia, Bob said he survived the Vietnam War although he could have just been exaggerating his bravery. However, considering he is 500 years old, he could be telling the truth.
- Bob‘s voice is sped up slightly in newer videos.
- According to Bob in Stupid Mario Paint, his father used to call him "a happy little accident", suggesting that his dad hated his son and regretted having him born.
- According to Mario The Ultimate Gamer, Bob is a sore loser.
- In The Mario Carnival, he is revealed to have hair that is the size of a giant.
- However, the viewer cannot see it, as it is only visible as a shadow. However, Mario and SMG4 can see it.
- In the same episode, it is revealed that Bob can teleport, and is omnipresent.
- He is one of the few recurring characters who did not attend Glitchcon 2018.
- He has been a T-Pose Zombie, but only for two episodes.
- In Mario's Train Trip, he claims that he has a final form, but when pulling the lever to activate it, he just disconnects the train car at the back of the train so that he may have been lying.
- However, Mario and the Anime Challenge suggests that Bob may be more powerful than we think, as in the Goku Scream challenge, he becomes a Super Saiyan 3 (and claimed he was stronger than Shaggy), and during the final anime battle, Bob uses a Kamehameha attack from Dragon Ball, which he states is only 2% of his power.
- Starting with War Of The Fat Italians 2018, Bob's eyes are now more expressive but they started having expressions back in SMG4: Mario University where in a picture, he had angry eyes.
- In The Mario Purge, Bob claims that he knows Jiu-Jitsu in the military although once again, he could just be exaggerating.
- In Mad Mario Bob is angry at the internet drought because he needs his daily dose of dummy thicc memes.
- Unlike most characters on the show, Bob possesses his own theme song. It is a SiIvaGunner's high-quality rip of the song "Potion Shop" from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- It is possible that Bob is immune to heat since he was the only one not bothered when his mansion was on fire, although as shown in The Mario Concert he had planned it out.
- SMG4: Mario And... The Well has Bob presenting his SoundCloud. The SoundCloud channel, titled BOB THE SEXIEST MAN IN THE WORLD, is indeed a real channel. This makes it a second time that a fictional character of SMG4 has a real-life channel, the first being Mario and his channel.
- There are three songs posted: "ITS YA BOI", "Bobs No Thot", and "Booty".
- ITS YA BOI has yet to appear in an episode.
- Bobs No Thot can be listened to in War Against Smash Ultimate.
- Booty is sung live in The Mario Concert.
- In The Melancholy of Fishy Boopkins, Bob sings a song about Nachos, but the name and the full version of this song have yet to be revealed.
- In The Most Important Thing Bob sings an unnamed Christmas Rap before announcing that he is stepping down.
- There are three songs posted: "ITS YA BOI", "Bobs No Thot", and "Booty".
- In Mario and the Bob Mansion..., it is revealed Bob refers to Thanksgiving as "Bobsgiving" and Christmas as "Bobmas". This is apparent due to his selfish demeanor and in that instance, as a way to scam as well.
- He is the second SMG4 character to get their own arc, the first being Waluigi.
- Coincidentally, both of them were antagonists of their respective arcs.
- In Mario The Ultimate Gamer and War Of The Fat Italians 2018, Bob refers to Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of the Super Smash Bros. series as his father, although Bob is a Garo, a character from The Legend of Zelda franchise, which was created by Shigeru Miyamoto, which would technically make Miyamoto Bob's father, not Sakurai.
- However, Bob could just be referring to Sakurai as his father because that is what the fans call him.
- Bob had never been seen without his hood.
- Even in the episode The Mario Carnival, when he takes his hood off, the audience cannot see his head.
- However it was later revealed in SMG4: SSENMODNAR - 3,826,412 SUB SPECIAL that he is made of extreme light that can cause the whole world to go blind or get their faces burnt due to Bob's brightness explaining why he wears a cloak/hood.
- Bob contrasts the previous arc villain Waluigi in several ways.
- While Waluigi is one of the most frightening villains on the show, Bob is not particularly scary or terrifying.
- However, while Waluigi is sympathetic, Bob is not sympathetic and is rather unlikable.
- While Waluigi was a threat to the Mushroom Kingdom, Bob wasn't actually a threat to anyone but was a bully to the people that used to be his friends.
- Both Bob and Waluigi redeemed themselves, however. Incidentally, Waluigi played a role in Bob's redemption.
- While Waluigi is one of the most frightening villains on the show, Bob is not particularly scary or terrifying.
- He and Fishy Boopkins started both The Rapper Bob Arc and The Anime Arc, as he kicked Boopkins into the well in SMG4: Mario And... The Well and destroyed Peach's Castle causing Peach to ban anime in SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge, with Boopkins starting the second part.
- In every WOTFI Rap Battle he sings in, he uses the Papyrus font, as opposed to the usual SMG4 font.
- As of SMG4: SMG4 🅴🆇🅿🅰🅽🅳🆂 His Brain, He and Tari are the most frequent members of SMG4's Gang aside from Mario, Luigi, and SMG4 to appear in Season 10.
- Bob is the second member to be part of the modern version of SMG4's Gang, first modern member being Fishy Boopkins.
- Being over 500 years old, he is the oldest member of SMG4's Gang.
- In SMG4: The Intruder..., he is supposedly attracted to Watermelon-Kun in Axol's Two Piece, as evidenced by the quote "That watermelon guy gives me a huge boner."
- In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, he states that nobody knows what he watches because he clears his internet history.
- In SUNSET PARADISE (Pilot Episode) he is referenced in the tourist commercial for Port Aurora, where he is credited for creating the music.
- This is also the first time where his last name is used in an official episode created by Glitch Productions.
- Bob is somewhat similar to SuperMarioLogan's character, Jeffy. Both of them have experience as famous rappers, both of them swear a lot, both are trying to get the "hoes", both being retarded comic relief characters, both annoy the living hell out of a few characters (mainly Mario (SML)), both of them made their debuts in 2016, both of them have obnoxious voices, and both of them are overall retarded. As of 2021, SML has made Jeffy family-friendly to avoid being demonetized, meanwhile Bob can still be able to do all of the inappropriate things.
- In SMG4: Mario Babies, Bob’s blade hands aren’t actually attached to his body but were given to him by Big Smoke when he was little.
- Bob's spine, according to himself, has been broken many times. However, it has only been seen broken twice, once in SMG4: Mario VS Siren Head and once in SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader.
- Bob's personality is quite similar to Bender from Futurama.
- https://youtu.be/VntxYBhuvDE?t=504 (was made canon by Luke, was proposed to be "Smith" by Kevin)