|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
Heeeeyyy! Thats pretty good
Fishy Frank Boopkins (usually called Boopkins for short) is a major character in the SMG4 series, serving as the overarching protagonist of The Waluigi Arc, the main protagonist of The Rapper Bob Arc, one of the three deuteragonists (alongside Mario and Saiko Bichitaru) of The Anime Arc, a supporting character in The YouTube Arc and a major character in the Genesis Arc.
He is an amphibious Spike who is one of the last Boopkins, the other being his father and his younger brother. Fishy and his best friend, Bob Bobowski, have been hanging out with SMG4's Gang on multiple adventures. He is also one of the two biggest otakus (alongside Axol) of the gang, going so far as to hang out with dakimakura pillows. Due to the events of SMG4: Deleted, he met his past self and created a time paradox (in the form of a black hole), therefore he was sent to the Internet Graveyard, along with the rest of the gang (who did not meet their past selves) except for Mario. However, he and his friends were rescued by Mario in SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode.
In Season 11, like many other characters (i.e. majority of the Glitchy Gang except for SMG4, Meggy, Axol and Melony), he gains a huge decrease in appearances and is forced down to a minor character due to the prescense of new characters such as SMG0 and returning characters such as Axol and SMG3; because of this, majority of his appearances have been forced down to opening advertisements, just like Saiko Bichitaru and Bob.
Fishy Boopkins is naturally happy, optimistic, and friendly but rather unintelligent. He is shown to enjoy playing with his toys, which implies that he is somewhat childish.
However, like Bob Bobowski, he secretly craves attention and being noticed. This can be seen at the end of SM64: RETARDED RECAP 2016, where it does not explode any end to the name of its favorite brands, before being terminated by SMG4.
Boopkins is also a weeaboo because he keeps a huge collection of Dakimakuras and cardboard cutouts of anime girls, and considers them "waifus" (Japanese for wives), though most of these have since been burned by Saiko and the Anime Secret Service.
He also mentions that he watches school-themed anime in SMG4: High School Mario. He is also a terrible singer, and his skills are so bad to the point of him singing Bee Gee's "Staying Alive" caused the earth to explode, though this does not happen when he tries rapping in War Of The Fat Italians 2017.
He also eats rocks; it's implied that he does this because he can not get food the natural way, but he actually enjoys rocks as seen in SMG4: Mario University, as he eats all of the large rocks his teacher gives him. This trait is shown in SMG4: Stupid Mario Sports Mix, due to him eating bowling balls and his belief that the bowling place is a buffet, much to Bob's confusion. In SMG4: Stupid Mario Paint, he is shown to be an outstanding painter.
When he is bullied by others, he has a tendency to call upon his dad to punish those who are being mean to him. However, he chose to get even with Mario himself after he was launched by a slingshot, though his friends assisted him with doing so.
However, he is known to be somewhat stubborn and impulsive when he was eager to help Bob Bobowski during the latter's concert in SMG4: The Mario Concert, but it ended up ruining the concert and led Bob to betray him and end their friendship.
For much of The Rapper Bob Arc, Boopkins became depressed due to ruining Bob's concert, which follows his depression in SMG4: The Melancholy of Fishy Boopkins until Meggy and Tari bring him to the Maid Cafe. However, in SMG4: Mario and The Diss Track, Boopkins became traumatized over the events of the arc, until Saiko said that he was her "friend" (albeit reluctantly). Because of this, he ultimately turned back on Bob for betraying him by helping Saiko, though he was somewhat upset by shutting the door in front of his former best friend. In SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing, Bob realized the errors of his ways and became friends with Boopkins again.
Powers and Abilities
- Abnormal Mouth: Boopkins is somehow able to stretch his mouth for long, abnormally natural lengths, to the point of being longer than his entire body. This can be used in a beneficial way, such as when Boopkins consumed the Teletubby Wall of Admiral S. Swipe in SMG4 N' Pals: Seaside Stupidity Part 2.
- Horrible Singing: Since this is mostly due to his mouth, Fishy Boopkins is an absolutely horrible singer in every aspect. His singing is so bad that in DerpTV: Mushroom Kingdom's Got Talent, it can actually cause an apocalypse and destroy the world completely.
- Incredible Beatboxing: In sharp contrast, his beatboxing is incredibly good and when combined with Bob's rapping, was used to make the Mario Recolor zombies bow down before them.
- Breath Magic: Fishy Boopkins can also give humans the ability to breathe underwater in some way, and is distributed through his hands.
- Dad Call: Fishy Boopkins can summon his dad, Joe Boopkins, when he is being made fun of (or harmed) to throw or destroy the people making fun of (or harming) Fishy Boopkins. This has been seen in multiple videos. Other times, Joe may be nice, such as getting people to places like Didney Worl or giving ice cream to his son for finishing homework.
- Spiked Balls: Being a Spike, Fishy Boopkins is capable of extracting spiked balls from his mouth, though so far he only did this twice; once in a segment from SSENMODNAR 12 - STOLEN SPAGHETTI EDITION on accident after getting sick from eating too many rocks (and one Magic Rock), and the other in one scene of SMG4: Lord Of The Memes; in his corrupt state of mind, he had a pile of spiked balls next to him. He threw these off a cliff to kill Mario and Luigi as they napped. The problem with this ability is Boopkins's lack of accuracy; the spiked balls hits every character passing by, all while leaving the Mario Bros. completely unscathed. It is unknown if Boopkins actually regurgitated these spiked balls beforehand, so it is still currently up to speculation if he truly knows how to attack like a proper Spike.
- Sonic Waves: In SMG4: The Super Dudes. Fishy Boopkins has the ability to make soundwaves at Wario and his minions. His sound waves are powerful enough to destroy anything from helicopters to planets.
- Durability: Fishy Boopkins is able to survive having his kart launched into the sky when other racers were knocked out under similar assaults. He also survived hitting a plane at high velocity (Note that Mario has enough strength to blow up the Earth) in Mario's Jackass.
- Super Waifu Ultra Smash: In SMG4: Stupid Mario Tennis Aces, he is able to summon waifu pillows as weapons.
- Giant Waifu Summoning: In Stupid Mario Tennis Aces, he was also able to summon a giant Waifu Body Pillow. It was strong enough to send Waluigi flying throughout the entire planet.
- Excellent Artistry: While he usually drew low-grade drawings that were usually eye-searing, with huge motivation and dedication, as well as having a "crayon expansion pak", he could paint high-quality drawings, sometimes even perfect imitations of the real deal, such as the Mona Toadsworth painting. However, this also caused his arm to be set on fire.
- Alcohol Immunity: He was shown to be unaffected by being submerged in what would be a lethal amount of vodka, though he was not shown drinking it; rather, he was immersed in it.
- Self-Destruction: Boopkins' alternate self from SMG4: My Mario Academia has the ability to self-implode. As he states however, doing so would kill him.
Although Boopkins is a child, he has done a fair share of crimes over the years.
- Attempted theft of the American Declaration of Independence: In The Mario Channel: MARIOBUSTERS, Boopkins was challenged to steal the Declaration of Independence from a museum. Having no idea what he was doing though, Boopkins touched the glass dome, which caused security to try and arrest him. As a result, Boopkins ended up taking the Declaration and fled the museum, but while he was catching his breath, the police ran him over and arrested him.
- Shipping: Due to the existence of shipping police officers who believe shipping to be a crime against humanity, poor Boopkins was a target for them.
- Framing: When he was caught shipping himself with Hatsune Miku, he framed Meggy for writing fanfiction in an attempt to get away.
- Illegal Smuggling: During The Anime Arc, Boopkins, along with Mario, became the newest members of The Anime Cartel, a criminal organization that smuggles anime into the Mushroom Kingdom following its banning. The charge was probably dropped after anime was unbanned.
- On the Animal Channel of the Mushroom Kingdom, Fishy Boopkins was heavily mocked, being called "A Pathetic Piece of Aquatic S**t", a retard, and a "s**thead" by the narrator.
- The title "A Pathetic Piece of Aquatic S**t" is also used as his caption in SM64: RETARDED RECAP 2016 in his subtitle.
- In DerpTV: Mushroom Kingdom's Got Talent, Fishy Boopkins tied with Bob Bobowski in the poll and placed 6th overall.
- Unlike most characters in the series who usually speak with subtitles and sound effects, Fishy Boopkins has full voice acting in all his appearances. If he spoke with subtitles, they would be green.
- Fishy Boopkins's sonic screams are almost as strong as (or maybe even stronger than) the Marvel superhero Black Bolt, since at maximum power, both screams are strong enough to break planets.
- Fishy Boopkins is voiced by Kevin Lerdwichagul, Luke's brother.
- Despite being amphibious, he does not appear to be cold-blooded, as he celebrates Christmas with his friends outside of water.
- He was banned from YouTube twice: the first time for his videos being deemed "too cancerous", and the second for "attempted world domination".
- Kevin has confirmed in Hobo Bros that he doesn't like Fishy Boopkins, but does not loathe him. A later video where they react to this wiki page has him change his mind and states that he loved him.
- It was revealed in SSENMODNAR 12 - STOLEN SPAGHETTI EDITION that Fishy Boopkins can spit spiked balls out of his mouth like a normal Spike.
- In Hobo Bros, Kevin utilizes his Fishy Boopkins voice when a Spike is on the screen.
- In recent episodes, mostly on TheAwesomeMario, Fishy Boopkins has begun to team up with Bob Bobowski most prominently shown in Boopkins and Bob. However, Bob admitted that he used Fishy Boopkins in SMG4: The Mario Concert after he accidentally sabotaged his concert.
- Despite having a huge dislike for him, SMG4 gave Fishy Boopkins a thumbs-up in R64: Stupid Mario Kart (though this may be due to the presence of his dad, Joe Boopkins.). He also invited him to parties a couple of times but not Bob, possibly meaning SMG4 hates Fishy Boopkins much less than he does Bob.
- He almost succeeded in stealing the Declaration Of Independence. though it hadn't been his intention to steal it.
- Fishy Boopkins is apparently a grownup (debunked by himself in SMG4: Mario Preschool) as he said that he did not see land until he was a man. This could just have been a plan to sound like a badass, as he admitted as much.
- However, he later says that he is a child in SMG4: Mario Preschool. Keep in mind that this still within the same year. His Mario Kart happens to be a stroller.
- Despite being a child, Fishy Boopkins has used profanity, though this is rather rare.
- Luke said that Boopkins was 2 in "Boopkin years", or ~10 real years.
- Though he is normally friendly, stealing his Waifu body pillows or threatening his anime is basically a death wish.
- As of SMG4: Doki Doki Mario Club, Fishy Boopkins now has a Super Mario 64 Mario mod, which is used alongside his Garry's Mod ragdoll in SMG4's more current videos.
- It is shown in SMG4: Stupid Mario Tennis Aces that he has a home on the sea-floor of a lake. It has a light brown couch, a white crib (supposedly for him), a fridge filled with nothing but tubs of ice cream, and a wooden table with a TV on top.
- The TV in his house has the same television from the cartoon SpongeBob SquarePants.
- He has a Minecraft chest for his storage space.
- His voice sounded slightly different in his debut appearance.
- He has a plutonium rod in his toy box.
- Prior to Season 10, Fishy Boopkins was the only original character to be part of the main cast that doesn't wear clothes most of the time.
- He is unaware that Kevin voices him, as seen in SMG4: Super Challenge 64.
- He was the youngest member of the cast, prior to the debut of his brother JubJub.
- Although very hard, Boopkins can spend at least an hour without anime.
- He was called "green turd" by Bob in Mario and The Diss Track. Bob even stated Fishy Boopkins' love for anime let him wanna die. Actually, in SMG4: Freddy's Ultimate Custom Spaghetteria, Mario hates Fishy Boopkins watching the "new bear anime".
- He enjoyed playing Monopoly, although a unique version of the game.
- Fishy Boopkins was directly responsible for the conflicts in the first three arcs. In The Waluigi Arc, he convinced Waluigi to try his luck at a Smash audition, which led to Waluigi getting rejected again and discovering his powers in SMG4: Waluigi's Time. In the Rapper Bob Arc, he made Bob reveal his true nature before he decided to become a full-on jerk in SMG4: The Mario Concert. In the Anime Arc, he was involved in taking part in an anime contest which led to Bob using a Kamekameha at Peach's Castle, causing Peach Toadstool to ban anime through the Mushroom Kingdom in SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge, and in the second part, he lets Anime Cartel know how the Inkweaver worked exactly in SMG4: Mario Saves Anime, which eventually led to Meggy Spletzer's kidnapping and later transformation and the death of Desti. Such action of his lead to some of the series fans to start hating him, although he had unintentionally started those arcs while he wasn't realizing it due to him being a naive child.
- The YouTube Arc is the first arc in which neither he nor Bob are directly responsible for the conflict.
- In a Hobo Bros video in which they were reacting to Boopkins's wiki page, Luke and Kevin Lerdwichagul expressed shock upon seeing this, jokingly claiming that Boopkins was the true villain of the series.
- According to SMG4: The Mario Hustle, Boopkins may be homosexual or bisexual, since he was interested in getting SMG4's love. However, Kevin revealed this is not true.
- His name is misspelled as "Bopkins" on the poster for SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny, leading to Luke and Kevin to call out the poster designer because of the mistake.
- If one listens closely, he speaks in an Australian accent, making him one of the few characters to do so, along with Tari, Belle Fontiere, and recently, SMG4 and SMG3.
- Kevin originally envisioned Fishy Boopkins to look like a fish, specifically Magikarp.
- However, Luke chose a Spike because he couldn't find any good fish characters.
- The video file for Fishy Boopkins' debut episode was originally corrupted. However, Luke had made a backup of the video, allowing the video to be uploaded. If he had not done that, Fishy Boopkins would likely have not existed.
- He has an N64 model. Although it is rarely used.
- He uses Comic Sans as his font during Rap Battles. Oddly, he used the usual Super Mario 286 font in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020.
- His middle name "Frank" might be inspired by TvFilthyFrank.
- according to SMG4: Doki Doki Mario Club fishy boopkins owned exactly 5,372,227 dakimakura (body pillows) but they were destroyed by Saiko Bichitaru