|—JubJub Boopkins, on various occasions.|
JubJub Boopkins is a modern recurring character in the SMG4 series.
He is the younger brother of Fishy Boopkins and the second son of Joe Boopkins. Although Fishy Boopkins and Tari both treated him with love, Mario abused and treated him like a football, frequently kicking him around.
Ever since he was born, he hung around with SMG4's Gang and became friends with the main cast but later joined the Anti-Cast during The YouTube Arc. He was assigned to prevent Fishy Boopkins from meeting Mario and SMG4 and succeeded, though he didn't seem to know what he was doing.
He was upset about Fishy Boopkins being sucked into a black hole and was sent to the Internet Graveyard: he was seen sulkily looking at a picture of him and his brother during SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode. Later, he was possessed by the YouTube Remote and made both gangs do challenges, which he ironically participated in himself. When he spat the YouTube Remote out for the love of his brother, he stood up to SMG3 with the rest of his friends and defeated him, becoming friends with SMG4's Gang once again.
Like many other characters, he gains a huge decrease in appearances in Season 11, albeit appearing slightly more often in the first few bloopers.
He bears some resemblance to Fishy Boopkins, with a similarly squat body with stumpy limbs and protruding lips but his eyes are much further apart and his head is visually distinct from his body. Instead of a tuft of hair, he has a small plant sprout on his head.
Though he did not immediately know that Fishy Boopkins was his brother, he quickly grew attached to him. He is also attached to his father. Shortly after he was hatched, he wondered where he was. Despite being innocent, he ended up becoming a member of the Anti-Cast.
SMG3 chose him to represent Fishy Boopkins, as he was his brother. Presumably, he didn’t know that SMG3 was plagiarizing SMG4, as he was born after the events of the Anime Arc. He has been possessed by the spirit of the YouTube Remote, which showed its cruel personality through him.
Despite his young age, he is smart enough to know how to operate a computer, as he was one of the donators to Melony.
Unlike his brother, he is not afraid of heights.
Contrary to the belief of most characters, JubJub actually likes being kicked around.
Powers and Abilities
- Sonic Screaming:Like his brother, JubJub can scream extremely loud. However, he can still hear his brother while he is doing this, and will cease to do so if Boopkins requests him to stop.
- Summoning:Like his brother, he can summon his dad by being in contact with water, though it was likely that his father had been looking for him at that point.
- Life Resilience:Like his brother, JubJub seems to be rather resilient, as he manages to withstand being kicked by Mario multiple times without being injured. He also survived a massive explosion that was supposed to destroy Beeg SMG4.
- Enhanced Jaw strength:He has large jaw strength, like his brother. Though he does not chew on rocks.
- Music manipulation:He can play music from his mouth if he puts his hand on a record player.
- Wheel Mimicry:JubJub can also be used as a spare tire but JubJub has also the right to reject this ability too.
- Invulnerabillity:When kicked, JubJub can be used as an indestructible projectile that can smash through virtually anything he collides with, including a barrage of deadly security lasers. However, he can be harmed otherwise, as Saiko Bichitaru easily squashes him with her KFC hammer.
- Meat Generation:He can make chicken by rolling into an oven with candy in his mouth without cooking himself.
- Swimming Intuition:He knows how to swim, though his older brother initially thought otherwise.
- Arm Expansion:When threatened by a Chain-Chomp in SMG4: Stupid Mario Golf JubJub demonstrated the power to make his left arm massive and caved it's head inwards, stunning his brother.
- Artistic Intuition:As shown in SMG4: If Mario Was In.... SQUID GAME, JubJub is shown to be a very talented drawer despite his young age.
- Levitation: JubJub is given the ability to float.
- Electrokinesis: JubJub can now control electricity, evident by when he shot electricity before starting the challenges.
Being a foil to Fishy Boopkins and working for SMG3 for a temporary time, JubJub has done some crimes
- Cyber law breaking - He tries to play Club Penguin, but JubJub was underaged and Hal Monitor saw and then threatens to arrest him.
- Theft - he assisted in the theft of the remote, though in his defense, Susan had a habit of demonetizing SMG4's videos, and he did not know what SMG3 planned to use it for.
- Deletion - He assisted in the Glitchy Massacre
- Joe Boopkins punishing Mario for bullying JubJub is similar to him punishing people for abusing Fishy Boopkins.
- He was not named by his brother or his father. Instead, he came up with his name himself.
- Though he did not see his dad upon first being born, JubJub seemed to know to some degree who his father was.
- Mario kicking him around like a football is a reference to Kyle Broflovski's behavior in earlier seasons of South Park, in which he kicks his brother around like a football despite his brother's protests. However, Fishy Boopkins does not engage in this behavior himself.
- He makes a similar noise when he eats that his brother Fishy Boopkins does.
- He can be considered a foil to Fishy Boopkins in some ways, as he is much more mischievous.
- Like his brother, he does not speak in subtitles, though he speaks less often.
- Though he is technically a fish, he happens to resemble a rubber duck. This is most likely why Tari adores him.
- His body is completely original, like Saiko Bichitaru and Tari.
- JubJub is more often referred to by his first name, unlike Fishy Boopkins, who usually just goes by Boopkins.
- He has some similarities to Luigi. Both are younger brothers and are associated with the color green. And they both have similar powers to their siblings.
- Coincidentally, he is voiced by Luke, while his brother Kevin voices his sibling, Fishy Boopkins.
- Additionally, in real life, Luke is the younger of the two brothers, just like JubJub.
- He is the third protagonist to play an antagonistic role in an arc for more than one episode. However, he was not the main antagonist.
- In SMG4: Food Wars, he was the only member of the Anti-Cast to join Team Candy.
- In SMG4: War of the Simps, it is shown that JubJub has college funds, although Fishy Boopkins presumably spent it all on simping.
- In SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job, he was taught by Anti-Shroomy to use a gun.
- Though he usually says his own name, he does say words like "Boopkins" and "Meggy".
- By time of SMG4 Christmas Special 2021, he has shown to be able to speak in full sentences despite his young age.