- For other subjects on the wiki with SMG4 as its name, please see SMG4 (disambiguation).
YES!! YES!! ASS!!!
Luke Lerdwichagul (born May 24, 1999), also known as SMG4, is an Australian YouTuber, director, animator, producer, and voice actor. He is the founder of the SMG4 channel, the co-founder and chief content officer of the animation studio Glitch Productions and the co-creator of the web series Meta Runner and Sunset Paradise. He is represented in videos as the aforementioned SMG4, a blue-and-white Mario recolor and one of the two main protagonists of the bloopers, while Luke himself serves as one of the overarching protagonists. He is the younger brother of Kevin Lerdwichagul.
He has been the series director of the SMG4 series since its first episode on May 7, 2011. He was the inaugural chief writer of the series until June 22, 2016, when his brother replaces him, and inaugural chief video editor until July 13, 2019 when he was succeeded by James Bailey and Paul (MediExcalibur2012). He would later go on to be the chief editor of the Mario Does Things series.
As the creator of the series Luke has provides the voices for many characters in the SMG4 series, additional voices for Meta Runner, and Mash for Sunset Paradise.
- Peach Toadstool (SMG4: MarioTube 2)
- Wario (SMG4: Stupid Mario Rabbids, SMG4: MarioTube, SMG4: MarioTube 2)
- Old Man Hobo (Christmas 2013: The 12 Idiots of Christmas, SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021)
- SMG3 (Mario's EXTRAS: MarioTube 2)
- Bowser's interviewer in SM64: Like a bowser (like a boss parody)
- Cave Riddler
- Ben's Mother
- Santa Claus (Super Mario Christmas 2016: Naughty or Nice)
- Pizza Hut guy in SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island
- Gary Smith and a Squirrel Soldier in SMG4: AREA 64
- Weegee Doll (In SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020 Rap Battle)
- The Geology teacher in SMG4: Mario University
- A yellow and a green Shy Guy in SMG4: Officer Meggy
- Weegee (SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020)
- Green Crewmate
- Medic (SMG4: If Mario Moves, He Dies)
- King Chonk
Presence in Bloopers
At the end of the blooper Super Mario 64 Bloopers: ÐД gℓî†¢ђ, after the Virus is destroyed, Toad is warped to SMG4's room in the real world. His identity as of then, was, unclear – SMG4 teased the community about this with the Facebook message "It probably could be me"; although it was finally revealed to be him in SMG4 VS ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
In SMG4's deleted prank video, he was ostensibly revealed to have the first name Ryan; however, in SM64: Mario In Real Life!? (200 Vid Special), he is referred to as Luke, confirming that his real name is really Luke Lerdwichagul, as pathboyjosh found earlier. There's a screenshot from this deleted episode if you scroll down.
In SM64: Mario In Real Life!? (200 Vid Special), the real-life SMG4 made his first main role in his blooper series. The special involves Mario and several other major characters getting warped to his house, making it necessary for him to get them back to their world before anyone finds out.
In SMG4 Plays Merio Nernterndos 2, just as he was playing Wario Dates, Luke freaks out upon seeing text showing how Wario and Bowser were making out, to the point of dying on his table from shock.
In SMG4: Stupid Paper Mario, because he as SMG4 managed to spend his money carelessly on a crane game he kept failing at, the SMG4 world deteriorated until it became real life with him at the end using a fake computer. Fortunately, Mario (as a plush) managed to give him real money, causing the world to be returned back to normal.
In recent videos, he has been advertising several company sponsors/his limited merchandises on his shop to the viewers before the start of each video alongside his brother Kevin.
In SMG4 Movie: REVELATIONS he appears to be much larger than the main characters than before, he walks up to the God Box (which looks like a regular box to him) and asks Kevin Lerdwichagul why its glowing, he thought it doesnt matter and goes to another room.
Evidence of his identity prior to the A.L.S Video
- On the (now deleted) video of some of SMG4's friends playing a prank on him, the real SMG4 resembled the person, though his face is never seen.
- In the "Supah SMG4 Pack" on Google+, a picture states that he looks Chinese, in the many pictures on this page and in the video, he may look Chinese to some.
- SMG4 lives in Australia in the Southern Hemisphere, and the blooper where the person appeared (Da glitch) is made near June, since Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere where June–August is Winter and December–February is Summer, the time in Australia near June becomes cold due to the coming winter, the person is wearing jeans probably due to the cold.
- Also in the end of Da Glitch, the guy's computer shows Sony Vegas Pro that is open along with Starman3 with golden glowing text in the preview box. This may have been SMG4 in the process of making the blooper before it was uploaded.
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: §§ënmØÐnÅr 3 (10,000 subs :D) (first video you can hear his voice)
- Super Mario 64 Bloopers: ÐД gℓî†¢ђ
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 6 (New years edition)
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 6.64(100k special Qna Edition)
- SM64: Mario In Real Life!? (200 Vid Special) (first major role)
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 10 (350k apocalypse special)
- Mario In Real Life: Mario Monster Mash (700k Special!) (second major role)
- SM64: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 11 (800K Special)
- Super Mario 64 Shorts: Toad has a secret
- SSENMODNAR DELUXE - 1 MILLION SUB SPECIAL
- SM64 Bloopers: Super Cavemen Bros.
- SSENMODNAR 12 - STOLEN SPAGHETTI EDITION
- SMG4: Stupid Paper Mario
- SMG4: Mario SAW
- SMG4: Mario's Magical TV
- SMG4: The Intruder...
- SMG4: The Other Universe /
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021
- Streaming Until I Hit 5̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶ 5,100,000 Subscribers
- SMG4 Movie: REVELATIONS
- ...and many more (opening advertisement, voice of SMG4, and etc.)
- He made an old channel long time ago that he can no longer access, seen in a Hobo Pod episode.
- Luke doesn't actually hate spaghetti, that was just a bluff he made for the series.
- He is scared of Teletubbies.
- He apparently hates Five Nights at Freddy's due to its in-game jumpscares.
- He spends most of his life indoors to avoid danger or rain and to make more bloopers.
- He has an older brother named Kevin, a younger brother named Max, and a younger sister named Tish.
- According to the video Super Mario 64 Bloopers: How Mario was Born, he is ostensibly gay.
- It's possible that Luke may be of Indonesian descent. In the video Super Caveman Bros., the Barney video has Indonesian subtitles and the footage probably comes from a DVD Luke bought from Indonesia. However, that was proven false to him according to a Hobo Bros episode.
- Although it was never specified, his surname Lerdwichagul is most likely Southeast Asian, presumably Thai. Because in Thailand, there is a phonetically similar surname called “Lertwechakul” according to this.
- It was finally confirmed in Streaming Until I Hit 5̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶ 5,100,000 Subscribers he is of Thai descent as well his brother.
- In a Hobo Bros video called "Sans in smash memes that will give you a bad time", Kevin stated that Luke is actually color blind, probably to too much green screen SMG4 video editing. The pair proceeded to take a color blindness test which confirmed that Luke is red-green colorblind. This is also confirmed in the video Reacting To The First Ever SMG4 Episode.
- He also stated in Streaming Until I Hit 5̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶ 5,100,000 Subscribers that he is colorblind.
- He mains Jigglypuff, Peach, Little Mac, and King Dedede in Super Smash Bros.
- He might be a Studio Ghibli fan considering the announcement video "A genuine message to our fans" has a shirt that resembles Studio Ghibli's Japanese Blu-Ray covers as well as Studio Ghibli music in the background.
- He had a Wikia/Fandom account, which can be found here, but he is not active here.
- According to a Hobo Bros episode, Kevin stated that his height is around 6 feet, although that remains unknown.
- He edited his videos less frequently around the episode SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud. From there, the episodes are primarily edited by James Bailey and MediExcalibur2012. This is probably due to his increased involvement in helping with his animated shows. He would later become the chief editor of the Mario Does Things series.
- This may be the main reason that the main series saw a decrease in SM64 footage.
- He was especially involved with helping animate Sunset Paradise.
|Director of SMG4|
May 8th, 2011–present
|Chief Writer of SMG4|
May 8th, 2011–June 22nd, 2016
|Chief Editor of SMG4|
May 8th, 2011 - July 13th, 2019