This episode was aired on August 8th, 2019.
Continuing from the previous episode, Tari and Theo, now in the real world, are confronted by Lucks, who attempts to sweet-talk them into working for them. Tari refuses and, with a distraction from Theo, manage to escape the TAS Corp. building and heads into Silica City. Belle attempts to pursue, but Lucks holds her back to avoid arousing suspicion, instead securing what they have and telling her to leave the pursuit to him.
After running for a few minutes, Tari and Theo try to figure out a plan when Theo wanders off for a bit asking for hints to the "level". Tari pulls him into an alleyway and explains they're not in a game and in real danger without game powers. After a tense minute, the two duck into a nearby building called The Hive.
The Hive turns out to be a cybercafe where they find streamng pods, and they decide to get inside one to hide until things cool off. Tari then has a flashback of Dr. Sheridan and her memories all while Theo starts to stream, catching Belle's attention. Then Belle comes in to the building and attempts to capture them, but Theo and Tari manage to escape to two separate rooms.
In the room Tari’s in, she calls out for Theo until Belle finds Tari in the room and captures her. Meanwhile in the other room, Theo manages to fight off the TAS Corp. scientists and sees Tari get captured. Theo is feeling depressed and hopeless, until Lamar Williams comes up and promise to help Theo to rescue Tari from Belle and TAS Corp..
- This is the first episode where Tari does not appear in the thumbnail, and the only episode in Season 1 where this is the case.
- The opening has been updated to feature Theo sitting with Tari, as a result of him wrapping out of the game at the end of the previous episode.
- At around the 7:39 and 8:07 marks, you can see “Animeking20” among the list of users who commented on Tari’s and Theo’s unintentional stream, which is Lamar's username. This means that before he made his physical debut at the end of Episode 3 and onward, he was hinted at during the series trying to help Tari and Theo early on.
- This is the only episode in season 1 not to be named after a video game term.
- Various comments on Tari and Theo's stream are references:
- A comment says “Subscribe to SMG4!”
- A commenter is named Kevdevz. Kevin Lerdwichagul's Twitter name.
- A commenter is actually SMG4.
- A commenter name is Esh-Ketchup. A parody of Ash Ketchum the main protagonist of Pokémon.
- A commenter named Minus World says “Shoutout to Simple Chips". A parody of Simpleflip.
- A commenter name is HomelessBrothers. A parody of Hobo Bros.
- A commenter name is GrumpyBois. A parody of GameGrumps.