|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
|—Mario's popular quote from the SMG4 series|
Mario Mario is one of the two main protagonists (alongside SMG4) of the SMG4 series, and the deuteragonist of SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny and SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special. He is also the Avatar of his universe.
He is an Italian plumber originating from Nintendo's Super Mario franchise, the older brother of Luigi, the designated hero (a loose term) of the Mushroom Kingdom, the former arch-enemy of Bowser, the on-and-off lover of Princess Peach, and the co-leader of SMG4's Gang. He is insanely overweight, as shown in SMG4: New Year, New Mario. He sometimes refers to himself as Mario the Sexy Plumber. He was also briefly the acting King of the Mushroom Kingdom, before changing the country into the Republic of Mario Land, making himself the Supreme Leader in SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader. As of Season 11, he is the co-manager of Bob and Breakfast 2 in Belmont, Mushroom City.
In SMG4's videos, as opposed to his selfless heroic portrayal from the Nintendo canon, Mario is portrayed as an immensely dumb, narcissistic, and troublemaking jerk befitting the comedic nature of the series. His annoying and stupid behavior often antagonizes and ruins people's lives. Yet when things are at their absolute worst, he's capable of even an ounce of selflessness and compassion, especially at Desti's funeral at the end of the Anime Arc. He cares very deeply about his friends as he was horrified when they got banished to the Internet Graveyard and was relieved when he realized they were alive.
There are many variations of Mario from various different dimensions and locations.
- 1 In the Nintendo canon
- 2 Biography
- 3 Appearance
- 4 Personality
- 5 Criminal Record
- 6 Antagonistic Roles
- 7 Powers and Abilities
- 8 List of Jobs
- 9 Roles in Arcs
- 10 Mario Facts from Super Mario 64 Bloopers: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 5 (WAT O O edition)
- 11 Pokémans
- 12 Trivia
In the Nintendo canon
Mario's debut in the Nintendo canon was on the 1981 arcade game Donkey Kong, where he (then known as Jumpman) had to rescue his girlfriend from the clutches of the titular ape. He next appeared in 1982's Donkey Kong Jr. as the main antagonist and 1983's Mario Bros., which introduced his little brother Luigi. Mario Bros. had the two siblings cleaning the sewers of New York from monsters, including Koopa Troopas.
In 1985's world-famous Super Mario Bros., set sometime after Mario Bros., Mario found himself in the bizarre land known as the Mushroom Kingdom (which he was revealed to been born in and lived on for a few years in the Yoshi series), where he was tasked with rescuing Princess Peach from the clutches of Bowser. The game was a strong critical and commercial success, granting worldwide fame to all characters who appeared in it, Mario himself included.
As the mascot of Nintendo, Mario is arguably the greatest video game character and overall one of the greatest characters in fiction.
Mario's origin in the SMG4 universe is convoluted and thus virtually unknown, due to contradictory information. However, SMG4: The Other Universe confirms that he started existing as soon as a man downloaded a "Super Mario 64 emulator".
According to how Mario was born, Mario was born out of a cosmic event and crashed in Nintendo's headquarters. While on a playground, he reproduced (due to a problem in his genetic makeup) and gave birth to Luigi (which would make him Luigi's birthparent). After taking refuge in a dumpster, SMG4 found the two brothers and offered them jobs. Mario himself debunked this story, as the book detailing this was written by some hobo.
In The (TOTALLY ACCURATE) Documentary of Mario, his origin was retconned, and it was revealed that he was born in 1928 in Italy (though this might be a joke since if Mario was born at that time, he would be 91 years old today). However, his unknown father was apparently disgusted at Mario's appearance and tried to kill him with a combat knife to "prevent it from laying eggs." This incident was accidentally photographed by either his mother or a doctor for his celebration card, where he was mistaken for a girl. Instead of being happy though, his parents abandoned him on an alley (it was possible that it was the father's idea and the mother was reluctant) and sped off, accidentally crashing and dying. As a result, Mario grew up without any parental love, resulting in his stupidity and selfishness.
2 years later, Mario was found and taken to an orphanage where he met Luigi and formed a bond with him (though Mario would occasionally mistreat him). When Mario and Luigi attended high school, Mario wasn't much of a great student but was nevertheless popular at the time. He, however, had a tendency to dance in the shower and it was also here where his spaghetti addiction started. At some point, he started taking drugs. These led to horrible consequences, however, and Mario started acting completely insane and weird, such as trashing an office and speaking in German despite being Italian, spooking his classmates on a pool, dancing on the roof, and finally burning the school down to the ground, much to the principal Larry Fattman's frustration and resulted in him hating the man forever. As a result, Mario's reputation hit rock bottom, and it would take 2 to 3 years before he recovered.
Afterward, Mario and Luigi searched for a job and joined The Plumber Academy for Idiots, and though Mario did not graduate (as he apparently must have missed 3 years of class), he still got the job. Some years later, he was called by Princess Peach Toadstool to help clean up her castle (or as she puts it, "clean her s***"). There he met Bowser for the first time and traumatized the Koopa King by making him drop his sandwich. Ever since then, Mario visited the castle more often (though his stupid antics resulted in Toad, who initially liked him, to hate him and everyone else in the castle, turning the once-happy mushroom into the grumpy midget he is today). At some point, he also became Nintendo's mascot, but due to rumors about him taking drugs again, he was fired but retained his mascot status.
In SMG4: Mario Babies, his past, exposure to spaghetti, and relationship with Bowser were yet again rewritten. It was shown that Mario was friends with Bowser in kindergarten, until they started fighting over a plate of spaghetti on a table. As they were too small to get to the table, they used numerous objects around to climb up to the table, (including a young Old Man Hobo, whose hair was accidentally burned out by Bowser) but upon Bowser noticing Princess Peach walking by, he became smitten with her and sabotaged the plan by taking one of the dolls Mario was using to climb to the table and giving it to her as a present. When Peach rejected the gift, an angered Bowser proceeded to grab her and hold her hostage. Mario, annoyed with Bowser, kicked away a Koopa Shell the future king of Koopas threw at him. The shell bounced back and hit the table with the spaghetti plate. Out of curiosity, Mario ate the spaghetti, finding it so tasty that he became obsessed with the food ever since.
The backstory revealed in SMG4: Mario Babies is almost completely contradicted by SMG4: SMG4's Origins. In this episode, it is revealed that Mario was once a normal intelligent man like his Nintendo counterpart until the SMG4 Flash Drive crash-landed in the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario and Princess Peach, who still loved each other at the moment, inspected the Flash Drive. Mario attempted to come closer to the Flash Drive until it zapped him, turning him into a retarded glitchy mess of man (oh, and make his mustache inflate plus making his eyes starting to cross outward ever since). Mario proceeded to get naked and throw the princess far into the sky, causing her to get furious with the plumber and thus becoming a naggy, bossy and selfish "friend" of his. SMG4, seeing this, proceeded to record Mario and post it online. This restored Mario’s sanity, but still left him quite stupid. SMG4 then realizes the potential he has by recording Mario’s antics and from then on they become the iconic duo we know.
What can be proven is that he's a native of the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi is his brother, and he was and still is the mascot of Nintendo, and more or less the kingdom's hero.
Mario wears a long-sleeved red shirt, blue overalls with yellow buttons, brown shoes, and gloves. He has a red cap, brown hair, a black mustache (that sometimes grows large), and blue eyes. He is shorter than his younger brother Luigi.
There are only three things that tub of flub cares about. One: Spaghetti. Two: himself. And three: being naked. See, he's over there doing it right now.
|—Toad's opinion on Mario, from SM64: Meet the Mario.|
Hey, I'm not retarded! I'm just dumb!
|—Mario admitting he is intellectually disabled, from If Mario was in... Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time|
When the moon hits your eye, like a big pizza pie, that's amore!
|—Mario singing, from SMG4: Mad Mario|
Let's get down to business, to cook up some food
|—-Mario singing, from SMG4: The Pursuit of Happiness|
Prior to getting zapped by SMG4's Guardian Pod, Mario was just like his game counterpart; a friendly plumber who helps anyone in need, devoting most of his time to rescuing the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, and participates in sports matches, kart races, and "parties" often.
However, in SMG4: SMG4's Origins, it was revealed that Mario carelessly approached SMG4's Guardian Pod and it changed his personality completely. This made him a lazy, mischievous, foul-mouthed, reckless, and occasionally selfish fool. While he truly cares for his friends, he seems to care more about only himself and his favorite dish spaghetti, which he is addicted to and refers to it as his girlfriend or wife, and would trade anything (including SMG4's YouTube Account) for it. This addiction went so far that he actually stole spaghetti from other people and almost never shares it with anyone (except for Meggy in a rare instance). In fact, the mere thought of losing spaghetti will either drive him insane, make him cry in frustration and even commit suicide (which fails due to him always having extra lives). Mario's extreme laziness has made him a hater of socialising (though it was temporary) and exercising. He also refuses to help his friends, family, other people, or possibly even the whole world, even in life-or-world-threatening situations, making him somewhat of a sociopath with little empathy and patience for others. Mario is also a rather cruel prankster, as shown in SMG4: The Demon Among Us where he ruthlessly pranked Shroomy in a flashback. He doesn't appear to be as brave as his Nintendo counterpart, sometimes trying to back down from fights.
Mario is also very disrespectful and disobedient. He constantly does things that other people tell him not to (such as touching the painting leading to the bootleg world in SM64: THE BOOTLEG DIMENSION) which often causes problems for his friends and sometimes the world, though this behaviour might be attributed to curiosity. According to a poster (fittingly called "Why Mario Sucks") in Mario and the SECRET CLUB, he always eats all the food in the castle and often never takes a bath when asked, further showing his disrespectful ways. He is also very short-tempered, capable of getting annoyed easily, and always lashes out at people (including his own brother Luigi) when he reaches his breaking point, which also leads to his infamous quote "MAMA F***ER!". Mario is also a sore loser, and can be very demanding and also spoiled.
His biggest flaw though is his IMMENSE stupidity and lack of common sense. Though not as dull-witted as the likes of Frankie, Mario apparently did not know what was 1+1 or any number past 10 (aside from 1 million) until Baldi taught him math and had also forgotten how to type or how to count despite having been able to do so in earlier episodes. This also leads to him having short-term memory loss, constantly forgetting vital information (which is best shown in the Genesis arc, which got in SMG4's nerves). This idiocy annoyed and even downright angered his friends (except for Meggy, who finds it incredibly hilarious), especially SMG4 and Toad, and they often mocked or berated him for his foolish decisions, as well as insulting him with surprisingly harsh and homophobic slurs (such as “moron”, “dumbass”, and “retard”). As a result, he ruined the Grand Mario Hotel’s quality, bankrupted Nintendo by using its money to buy food, unintentionally made Gabe Newell destroy his restaurant, created some of the gang's worst enemies, such as Roprinplup14, and even drove people to the edge of insanity (it is also shown in Plumber Academy for Idiots that he skipped 3 years of plumbing school and missed Kindergarten, forcing him to take them both all over again). Mario though refuses to admit being stupid and claimed to have an IQ of 200. On the contrary, he sometimes uses his to his advantage and there were moments where he was greatly intelligent and logical, the biggest example being in Stupid Mario Stupid Show, where he correctly theorized that SMG4 went insane to try and get millions of viewers.
The cruelest side of him is shown in SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】 when he acquires the YouTube Remote that Susan Wojcicki dropped. Mario completely abused the device on everyone; friends, family citizens, all without regretting what happened to them, (including getting an electric eel biting Luigi's crotch and sending Axol into another dimension which he then quipped that "nothing of value was lost"). Even after the remote breaks, causing time to stop, Mario continued to torture characters like they were playthings. Mario is also shown to go mad with power, as seen in SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader where he turned the Mushroom Kingdom Government into a fascist government, which cost the lives of many citizens.
It should be noted that he has a huge tendency to not take nearly anything seriously (unless it's something stupid). Even after learning that he is an avatar in SMG4: The Other Universe whose death would doom his entire universe, it seems that the only think that he cares about is that he's technically SMG4's "dad".
Due to all the negative traits listed above, he is often portrayed as a mostly horrible person, and sometimes an almost irredeemably malicious jerk in some older videos, and only a few rare times in more recent episodes. This led to SMG4 and friends briefly creating an entire club dedicated to hating and demonizing him.
Underneath his laziness and retardation though, Mario does indeed care about his friends and family. Despite his abuse and disapproval of his brother Luigi, he time-traveled to prevent himself from accidentally killing his Luigi during a kart race, comforted Meggy when she first lost the Splatfest and was in utter distress when both of them were turned into T-Pose Zombies during The Waluigi Arc. During the Anime Arc, he was extremely desperate to find and save Meggy when she was abducted by Mario's former Anime Cartel boss Francis to extract her ink. At the end of the arc, Mario reveals that he is self-aware that his life has spiraled out of control, but nonetheless, he still cares about his friends. In the YouTube Arc, his closest friends were erased by SMG3, leaving the red plumber horrified, distraught, and alone. He is shown to have a more kind side in both Super Mario 64 Bloopers: My Best Friend Slenderman and SMG4: Mario Vs Siren Head, where he was the only one to be nice to both the Slenderman and the Siren Head, and tried to make them fit in the world . In the former, Mario even scolded other people for being afraid of Slenderman. In Seasons 4 and 5, he was portrayed as far more competent and likable than his earlier and later appearances, but ever since the debut of Meggy, and to a lesser extent, Tari, his compassionate side became more prominent, and his sociopathic tendencies lowered down.
In Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Smart(ass) Mario and SMG4: Smart Mario, both of which had Mario becoming smart, he displayed a different personality. In the former, he unintentionally mistreated everyone in the castle due to him forgetting their identities, and even lost his love for spaghetti. In the latter, Mario used his intelligence to help his friends with their problems. However, his spaghetti addiction still remained, and eventually began to hate his friends for treating him like junk for his former idiocy, which resulted in him trying to steal all the spaghetti in the world. At the end of the episode, he begged the others not to turn him into his old dumb self, believing he would lose any meaning to life.
In SMG4 Christmas 2019: Mario Alone, he was shown to go through a deep depression whenever he feels lonely, to the point where he made crude dolls of his friends to feel better.
A more kind and, rather unexpected, loyal side of Mario is shown in SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys, when Mario beat Ernie to the crown and returned it to his brother Bert, the rightful ruler of the Fall Guys Kingdom, and hailed him as king, rather than giving it to Peach, who wanted the crown for her own selfish reasons. Mario could have easily used the crown for himself, as with it on, he was able to command many Fall Guys to attack Ernie but did the right thing in the end.
Throughout his misadventures, Mario has often broken the law in some episodes, either accidentally, out of sheer stupidity, or for a good reason. His latest criminal record is tax evasion. Click on "Show Criminal Record" to see a list of his crimes.
NOTE: Not necessarily in chronological order.
- Assault and Murder: Due to his short temper, Mario has assaulted and killed many people when they annoyed him, the most recent example being in SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, where he assaulted and threw an airline pilot out of a plane for insulting him. His stupidity can also cause him to kill, like at the end of SMG4: If Mario Was AMONG US..., is which he thought that Green Crewmate was his brother Luigi which caused him to think that the real Luigi was an imposter , leading to his death.
- Torture: In R64: We're going on a Luigi hunt, Mario tortured Luigi ruthlessly with a trash-talking parrot and a pole-dancing chicken due to the latter owing him money, but not paying it. He also forced his friends (including Toad, who wasn’t his friend) to participate in Jackass stunts in SMG4: The Mario Channel - Mario's Jackass.
- Animal Theft and Abuse: In SMG4: Mario Preschool, Mario stole animals from a farm to teach preschoolers about what sounds animals make, and kicked a cow. More recently, he is infamous for throwing baby penguins off cliffs and kicking JubJub Boopkins for nothing more than cruelty and amusement. He also killed Mufasa of The Lion King by pushing him out of a cliff with a Gust Bellow while promoting social distancing in SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader.
- Accidental Bank Robbery: In Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Party Rock Prisoners, a drunk Mario accidentally stole money from the bank.
- Using Confiscated Things and Hijacking: After spaghetti was banned from the Mushroom Kingdom in Spaghetti Law, Mario and SMG4 tried to bring it back by hijacking a truck filled with the dish. He also used anime paraphernalia to keep the A.S.S. Agents off of him in SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation.
- Destroying Companies: While showing a Big Chungus how to make good video games in SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt, Mario proceeded to dismantle Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, the three biggest video game companies, by killing Shigeru Miyamoto and Master Hand, shooting down Microsoft HQ, and slapping all of Sony's employees and security guards, all as an example.
- Public Nudity: Mario has stripped down in public many times. One such case was in Mario Simulator Interactive if the player chose to have him persuade the cop. It is also implied in R64: A Theatre Mario, that he is a prostitute, someone who engages in sexual activities for payment (yes, it's true, it's all said in his membership card).
- Framing: Mario constantly frames people (mainly Luigi) for things that he does just to save his own skin from a beatdown. An example was in a flashback to SMG4: Detective Mario & Pikachu, where he framed SMG4 for murder and made up a terrible excuse that he did it for winning a Super Smash Bros. match (he later used the same excuse at the end of the video when interrogated by Detective Pikachu as to why he stole Bowser's statue, causing the latter to throw him in lava and burn him alive in retribution).
- Reckless Driving: Mario sometimes is very bad at driving, which leads to him accidentally causing chaos and killing people. The most recent example was in SMG4: Mario's Prison Escape, where he ran over and possibly killed a citizen with his kart.
- Sexual Harassment: Mario sexually harassed everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom by touching their butts in The Mario Channel: MARIOBUSTERS. This aggravated SMG4 and many others to no end. He also threatened for Playtime, who is a minor, to "suck [his] pingas" in SMG4: If Mario was in... Baldi's Basics.
- Rampaging: In SMG4: Super Challenge 64, Mario had a challenge where he had to walk backward for 24 hours. While he did the challenge though, he unknowingly destroyed everything behind him and endangered people, which led to the police assuming him insane and trying to arrest him. In the end, the entire military is called to kill him, and they end up nuking Mushroom City.
- Kidnapping: In SMG4: The Mario Café, Mario stole Yoshi's daughter without a second thought. He also did this to SMG4 in SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation.
- Illegal Smuggling: In SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation, Mario, along with Fishy Boopkins, became the newest member of the Anime Cartel, a criminal organization that smuggles anime into the Mushroom Kingdom after its banning. After Peach lifted the ban, Mario's charges were probably dropped.
- Speeding: In Mario Simulator Interactive, Mario can choose to ride a kart in order to catch up to Bowser, but ends up going so fast that a cop pulled him over and prepared to arrest him. The player then can choose to have him continue driving, but if he/she ends up making him stop, the cop will arrest him. Mario has also done this in other episodes, causing the Police to chase after him.
- Threatening: On some occasions, Mario threatens to hurt people if they don't do what he says. The most infamous case was in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Youtube Mario? where he threatened to murder SMG4's family if the latter did not give him a shout-out on YouTube. The most recent example was in SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti where he threatened to blow up the Slowpoke in charge of bank withdrawal if the latter did not give him his spaghetti (the Slowpoke initially refused to give it when Mario gave him a fake card).
- Trespassing: In SMG4: Mario's Dangerous Delivery and SMG4: Mario School Club, Mario trespassed into a police station and a school respectively, to do a specific action (in the former, he attempted to break Frankie out of jail due to Frankie being accused of orchestrating a car crash, and in the latter, he and the gang attempted different clubs).
- Tax Fraud: In SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud, Mario, not knowing how to pay taxes, committed fraud by writing down in the tax paper that he and Luigi made one coin. This made Hal Monitor break into the Mario Bros.'s house and arrest him. His charges were dropped for helping Mr. Monitor taking down the Grand Council of Tax Fraud.
- Child Abuse: In SMG4: If Mario was in... Baldi's Basics, he threw Playtime at a trash can. There was also a running gag in SMG4: The E G G that involved Mario yelling the phrase "KICK THE BABY!" before kicking JubJub with extreme force.
- Arson: In the (TOTALLY ACCURATE) Documentary of Mario, he burned down the whole school to the ground due to how he was acting insane.
- Resisting Arrest: As seen in Mario Simulator Interactive! (500k Subscribers) and SMG4: Mario's Prison Escape, Mario has resisted arrest multiple times.
- Dentistry without a license: In SMG4: Mario goes to the Dentist..., he pretended to be a dentist after killing his old dentist.
Mario has done some villainous acts that affect one or more of everybody, including SMG4, mostly due to his stupidity and sometimes his malicious desires. This is a list of bloopers where he plays an antagonistic role:
- In R64: Mario for Hire., he was uncontrollably flying down the track when he accidentally hit a Guy who was warning Little Billy (Baby Mario) to not play in the street because it was dangerous. He also swerved and hit the old lady anyway. Then he crashed into Bowser's car and pinned the blame on Luigi. Later at night, Mario tried to hijack the car but was caught by a policeman. As he entered the mall, he humped the kart and later didn't have any money to pay for the kart. Later that day, Mario set up a stand that sold genuine princess-worn clothes but got caught by Peach. Mario then unclogged his toilet using a Bob-omb, causing the bomb to explodes, sending the trainer hurdling off the toilet. During his job at a cafe, he humped Samus for some money, but got caught. Later when he worked at a business, he stole Heavy Weapons Guy's sandwich and pinned the blame on Luigi again. During jail time, he sold Toad to a carnival and got his money. In the end, Luigi pinned the blame on Mario as an act of revenge.
- In SM64: Meet the Luigi, he mercilessly chased Luigi for saying his name. During Mario's interview about Luigi, he proclaimed Luigi's orientation was all there was to him. Mario was still unsympathetic towards Luigi, as the latter was being creepy a lot, as Mario might have attested. Mario then tried promoting Luigi's reliability only to get interrupted by Professor E. Gadd, who went on blabbing about Luigi's nose getting stuck in the Poltergust. Mario then whacked the Professor away.
- In R64: Revenge of Freddy's Spaghettria, he took Luigi to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza with him as a sacrifice, against his will. Luigi wanted no part of this but Mario revealed that he completely chained up his door, preventing him from escaping, much to his dismay. When they were at the Spaghetteria, Mario got a Bonnie Head and used it to scare Luigi for no reason. When Springtrap tried to catch Mario and Luigi, Mario tripped while Luigi left him behind, causing him to get caught by Springtrap. As Animatronic Mario, he tried to kill Luigi but was stopped by him after he managed to break down the spaghetti.exe program that Purple Man programmed into him, redeeming Mario back to normal.
- In R64: The Spaghettipocalypse, he created bankruptcy of all the spaghetti factory in the Mushroom Kingdom since he did not pay at all prior to the blooper. One week later, Mario threw a temper tantrum after he ran out of Spaghetti because of the previous event and blamed it on Luigi for what happened, which caused him to call the police to exterminate him. Later, Mario went on a rampage throughout the Mushroom Kingdom until he got to Professor E. Gadd's lab to terrorize Toadsworth, Luigi, and E. Gadd. After he got hit by Toadsworth with his crowbar, he poured the bottle of magic stuff into the last bit of his spaghetti, causing the spaghetti to grow into a Flying Spaghetti Monster. When the monster started to attack the Mushroom Kingdom, he didn't care if the monster was attacking the city and started eating the spaghetti. When Luigi thought about Mario ruling the world, Mario became a tyrant and summoned more spaghetti. After Luigi landed on the monster, he gave Mario a Power Star to get him to eat the monster rapidly, ending the disaster.
- In R64: We're going on a Luigi hunt, he tried to hunt for Luigi after he ran over his "girlfriend", Spaghetti, so he decided to get revenge on him by taking away his money, even though Luigi doesn't have the money yet. After Mario kidnapped Luigi, he tortured him by using a foul-mouthed parrot and a pole-dancing chicken instead of killing him. However, SMG4 brought new spaghetti for him to stop him from tormenting Luigi.
- In R64: Mario The Waiter, he stole a portion of food from Wario and pinned the blame on Luigi, which caused Gabe Newell to get Mario to fill in for him. First, he was being rude to Frankie. Second, he put a fake cutout form of him and placed it next to Big Smoke. Third, he destroyed the kitchen. Fourth, he served Squidward to Toad and Toadette. Then finally, he served Heavy Weapons Guy a vegan sandwich, which caused chaos in the restaurant. When he threatened Mario to bring the Spaghetti to SMG4, he ate the food and knocked SMG4 over, causing Gabe to chase him. After the restaurant was destroyed, Gabe sent Mario and Luigi to the poster of his face.
- In SMG4: Super BACKWARDS Bros, he played a reversal role as Bowser and kidnapped Princess Bowser, who was played as Peach Toadstool, but his plan was foiled by Peach, whom she played as Mario, along with Toad, whom he played as Luigi.
- In SMG4: The Mario Channel - Mario's Jackass, he forced his friends (including his brother) to participate in crazy and dangerous stunts. For example, he sent Fishy Boopkins flying with a slingshot, which resulted in him crashing into a plane, which itself crashed into E. Gadd's workshop. Unfortunately for Mario, his friends would plot their revenge on him and succeed.
- In SMG4: Mario's Fancy Dinner, he arrived at the restaurant and wanted to order some spaghetti, but Jeeves tried to get rid of him and Mario refused. This caused Jeeves to chase Mario until he spilled the wine on Jeeves' waiter uniform. After he was appointed by Jeeves as his temporary replacement, Mario ruined the dinner between Donkey Kong and Pauline, but Jeeves did his best to save the date.
- In SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt, he hunts down the Big Chungus for stealing his Spaghetti. After he was confronted by the other Chunguses, Judge Chungus sentenced him by getting Grand Chungus to execute him. Meggy then saves Mario by appealing to the Chunguses that Mario can benefit them by making a game about them, which will provide them with large-scale financial income. Mario destroyed the Nintendo, Microsoft, and finally Sony HQ to make all of the Chungus game. At the end of the episode, the game got published and made Mario rich like a king. But then in a karma-like fashion, the Grand Chungus thanked Mario for his deeds and kicked him out of the Chungus' company, bringing him back to where he started before he began building the Chungus Species's game company.
- In SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, he was harassing the pilot of the Ryanair flight he was on that he was hungry, but the pilot did not care at all. Angry, the plumber proceeded to throw him out the cockpit window and walked away as the plane crashed, presumably killing all the passengers. In the end, Mario asked the pilot when was the next meal, but the pilot told him instead to shut up, and thus, Mario got angry and presumably ended up repeating the loop by throwing away the pilot offscreen.
- SMG4: Smart Mario has Professor E. Gadd give him intelligence upon his friends' insistence. However, the intelligence causes Mario to act much more selfish than before, and he creates a machine to steal all the spaghetti in the kingdom with his recently-gifted intelligence. He then attacked the kingdom with a robot until Bob was given intelligence by the same machine and put an end to Mario's rampage.
- In SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader, he became king of the Mushroom Kingdom and he is able to solve many problems. The Toads saluted him, which then leads to Mario being more power-hungry than ever before. In one incident, the villagers went to the castle to protest about the rising taxes. King Mario then suggested to crackdown on the protestors, in which his Toad servants reluctantly had to carry out. Later, the Royal Guards came out of the castle, and against their will, shot at the innocent protestors and chased them away. A few weeks later, he turned the Mushroom Kingdom into a socialist constitutional monarchy. He was finally stopped when Peach returned from her vacation and removed his power back to her.
Powers and Abilities
Like his mainstream counterpart, Mario has a multitude of strengths and powers. Click on "Show Power and Abilities" to see his list of Power and Abilities.
Although Mario's abilities and physical strength throughout SMG4's episodes greatly vary and are inconsistent (primarily depicting him as one of the strongest characters in the older videos but often potrays him as almost useless in the newer videos) , this is a list of abilities he has shown.
- Superhuman strength: Mario is one of, if not the physically strongest SMG4 character in existence. Mario has been strong enough to punch and throw people from several feet away to miles away in the sky. This also includes striking people through doors, concrete walls, or other sorts of barriers or objects. He once, with a single punch, shattered a large window made of wire mesh glass in SM64 Bloopers: Luigi Labyrinth. He is able to casually lift and throw Bowser, who weighs over 1.428 tons. He casually uprooted the tree Meggy was building a treehouse on in SMG4: There's Something Up With Meggy... He also punched a pilot straight through the window and down to the ground in Super Happy Magical Fun Fun Island, and is even able to lift King Bob-omb (calculated to weigh 30 tons). He can also rip out a control panel of a train and even throw a weight-lift into the sky, taking out a commercial passenger-jet. After launching Fishy Boopkins in the sky, he ended up making a plane crash into E. Gadd's workshop. He's also supposed to have the same strength as his video game counterpart, who can lift and punt entire castles that weights at least 61 million tons (meaning that his foot alone is 231 times more powerful than the atomic bomb that dropped on Hiroshima), break thousands of bricks with his bare hands, throw a baseball so fast it ignites the air, lift a neutron star worth 750 septillion tons and break asteroids easily. In Super Challenge 64, once his path of backward sprinting started, he could not be stopped. He rammed & destroyed oncoming vehicles, went straight through concrete walls, heavily destroying small buildings, and managed to easily trample Son Goku and Shaggy two of whom are presumably very powerful characters. He once defeated the Mario Head with a single jumping upwards fist strike, sending it into the clouds.
- Superhuman Speed: Mario is usually very slow, but there are instances where he shows he had the capability of superhuman speed. There are many instances throughout the series where Mario manages to run fast enough to keep up with or escape moving vehicles, such as in SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt, where he was outrunning a Tank before the tank's operator stopped him by firing an armor-piercing shell directly at him. Mario was able to outrun many police cruisers in a high-speed chase running backward in SMG4: Super Challenge 64. Mario's top speed is extremely vague and varies a lot from episode to another, but scaling him to the official Nintendo canon portrayal of him would make him just as fast, if not faster, than his rival Sonic the Hedgehog, as he's shown to be massively faster than light at many occasions, and broke several times the barrier of time and speed itself, his Backwards Long Jump technique increases his speed drastically.
- Superhuman Reflexes: There were many instances throughout the SMG4 series where he was able to dodge bullets. He once casually dodged shotgun rounds the instant they were inches away from landing on him. Scaling him to his video game counterpart makes him faster than any other character in the SMG4 Universe, as shown many times, including dodging lasers, piloting MFTL objects, and reacting faster than time itself.
- Superhuman Durability: Over the years, Mario has survived nearly everything thrown at him, from falling from great heights, falling from orbit, gunfire, explosions (greatly ranging in magnitude), getting attacked by Bowser, getting crushed, physical blows from SMG4 (about as strong as him), to car & plane crashes, all barely fazed. He even survived being utterly beaten by a Super Saiyan 3 Steve and taking a direct hit from his Kamehameha. In SMG4: Mario and the Experiment, Mario was clinging to the face of Godzilla when Joe Boopkins threw a Jotaro-style flurry of punches onto Godzilla; Mario survived the pummeling while Godzilla was sent flying and dissipated from damage. It should be noted that Joe Boopkins is strong enough to obliterate a large pirate ship with one swing of his giant tentacle. In SMG4: Super Challenge 64 Mario is seemingly unhurt, and even unbothered after The Mushroom Kingdom Army/National Guard dropped a nuclear weapon right on top of him from a Stealth Bomber. He didn't seem to take notice that he was hit by a nuke point-blank, neither the destruction of the city around him after it; he was too busy celebrating winning a bet made by Meggy (He was challenged to run backward for a whole day). He has survived shots from miniguns, AK-47s, and .50 caliber sniper rifles with no visible injuries. It is unknown if his endurance is based on his canonical counterpart, as video game Mario survived the resetting and pressure of the entire universe at once, survived hits from multiversal beings and even tanked hits from Dreamy Bowser, who has theoretically unlimited power. Mario also has been shown to resist the lack of any potential dimension including time and space without being affected in any way (SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】), making him superior (faster, more durable and in a higher existence plane) than them, meaning he is potentially over the concepts of life and death, which could explain his absurd levels of durability. In S̶M̶G̶4̶: I Can't Believe It's Not SMG4!, Mario gets stabbed to the head by two swords and at the end of the episode he separated his head from his body without any kind of visible handicap. He has also survived decapitation multiple times. And even being burned alive by characters like Cringe or Bowser.
- Pyrokinesis: Much like his own games, he has shown the ability to manipulate fire.
- Anaerobic Functioning: Mario is often seen in space or underwater without showing signs of needing oxygen. This trait is often shared with the older, retarded SMG4 characters. (While others haven't proven they can.)
- Hand-to-hand skill: Although most of the time he is depicted as a coward, there are times he has displayed his true skill has proven himself to be a master at unarmed combat. Over the years he has been in many battles, winning most of them. He has his own unique style, with very fast and powerful punches and kicks and tackles. One of the best examples of this is his final fight with SMG4 at the end of Mario Battle Royale. These skills might be a reference to the many martial arts Mario demonstrated in many games, the most famous example being in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- Agility: Despite his weight and shape, he has a great acrobatic capability. He also can greatly apply this to combat, as he can be very skillful when it comes to rapid, high jumps, flips, and tackles. A great example of this was the time he got locked into combat with Sans.
- Giant-Size and Strength: In Ssenmodnar 10, Mario used a Mega Mushroom to grow into Mega Mario, a power-up form which is bigger, stronger and tougher than the base Mario.
- Sub-Zero Temperature Tolerance: During SnowTrapped, in a few clips, Mario is seen naked in the freezing cold a few times, without any adverse effects. He is also occasionally seen in space, which has a fatal temperature of -454.81, dressed casually in no protective garments, and still is not bothered by it.
- Bilingualism: Mario is shown to be bilingual, speaking in fluent English and Italian (his mother tongue). His skill is displayed in SMG4: High School Mario, where he and Luigi were given an A+ grade by their Italian teacher. He can also apparently communicate by screaming as shown in SMG4: Mario VS Siren Head. According to SMG4: Mario goes to the Dentist..., he is apparently fluent in Spanish, as he was able to successfully pass off as a Mexican dentist.
- Rapping Skills: In the War of the Fat Italians series since 2015, as well as Supah Star Rap Battles of Epicness, Mario has demonstrated great rapping skills.
- H4ck1ng Sk1llz: Despite normally being unintelligent, Mario was shown to be perfectly capable of hacking into computers in MarioTube 2. However, he needed to break into YouTube™ Headquarters in order to do so. In Portal M4R10 - If Mario was in... Portal, he managed to hack one of GLaDOS's security cameras, using a nearby computer, so that it would show Teletubbies instead of the camera's live feed.
- Head Removal: Thanks to the humorous laws of Cartoon Physics, Mario will sometimes lose his head and be totally fine in the next scene. On rare occasions, his body can function without his head attached. In SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge, Mario can be seen attempting to reattach it after it came off, possibly implying that his head is detachable like a LEGO® Minifigure.
- Dancing: Mario is known to be skilled at dancing as shown in Stupid Mario Party as he can perform continuously at a quickened pace that Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi are unable to memorize his movements and catch up with him. However, he does have a limit to the duration of his dancing, as SMG4: Steve VS Smash Bros showed him about to run out of new dancing moves while facing off a Fortnite character. Once, dancing with his past self actually stopped a time paradox in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: P-O-I-S-O-N-E-D Computer.
- Fat Powers: In SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus, Mario could make himself even fatter at will. This made him even stronger, allowing him to break down doors and other furniture.
- Nude Bomb: In SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, Mario was able to gather the nudes from not just himself but from "all the hoes and the b*tches" into a Spirit Bomb type ball that was powerful enough to turn a pig to ashes.
- CAPturing: Using Cappy, Mario can take control of other people, enemies or inanimate objects.
- Master Sword Removal: Despite his negative traits and not proving his power, wisdom, and courage, Mario in If Mario was in... Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time proved worthy of drawing Master Sword from its pedestal. This impressive feat, however, might be just attributed to his already absurd superhuman strength, the seal being near-impossible to remove would make Mario technically infinitely strong.
- Clone Jutsu: In SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge, Mario has shown being capable of copying the Clone technique from the Naruto series.
- Z Move: Italian ThunderFat: Mario is able to fly up to above the atmosphere, charge up his Z-Power, and deliver a ground smash powerful enough to leave the entire planet in ruins.
- Architect: In the episode Super Mario 64 Bloopers: World of Craftmine Mario claims to be an architect but he can't build a thing. He gets better at building later on, but as seen in SMG4: The Bed., he usually ends up making things that are far from the intended result, initially leading him to creating a reclining beach chair out of logs before he changes it into a fully functioning robot after he realized that he was reading "the wrong side" of the instructions.
- Coin Absorption: In SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud, when the Yoshis attempt to kill Mario by shooting him with golden coins, he absorbs them instead (and possibly gained a few extra lives in the process). This references how most video game characters can pick up currency by simply coming in contact with them.
- Business Planning: Mario has some knowledge at running a good business, making a B&B serve with quality as shown in SMG4: Mario's Amazing Bed and Breakfast.
- BLJ: The famous speedrun move from Super Mario 64 when Mario gains momentum by a Thwomp in SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti, in the episode SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys, Mario can do it without using an obstacle. And in the episode SMG4: Mario's Mask Of Madness he makes a BLJ in the first floor of Peach's Castle with a possesed Luigi. And in SMG4: If Mario Was In.... Friday Night Funkin he's doing one at the beginning when he's going to the theatre.
- Post Explosion Regeneration: Especially in the classic bloopers, Mario has been shown to explode several times in the series, turning into a coin in the process. He can then revert back to human form from that coin.
- Mind Control Resistance: Mario can resist being mind controlled as seen in R64: Stupid Smash Bros where Master Hand tried to mind control him but he was "too stupid" to be mind controlled.
Of course, Mario has weaknesses (though comparatively few compared with many characters):
- Slow speed: Due to his high weight (at least 12,000 pounds which equals 6 tons), he is slow on his feet, as shown in 101 Ways for Mario to Die, The 1337 Police, and several other bloopers, though this isn't much of a flaw. However, he was recently shown to have superhuman speed.
- Lack of common sense: Mario is one of the most stupid characters (if not the most stupid character) in the series, not even knowing what 1+1 is until Baldi taught him math. It is so far his biggest weakness, as it cost him quite a few battles, despite his strength. However, Mario sometimes does shows signs of intelligence in some episodes, with the biggest example being The Super Mario Stupid Show, which brings up the question if Mario pretends to be stupid and/or has an intelligent side. Despite Mario having insane abilities, including his ridiculous level of strength, he seems to never actually use it when circumstances require it, such as facing enemies/foes or getting out of a certain situation. This can also be tied to his cowardice.
- Impulsiveness: Mario has a tendency to run into danger without a strategy. This caused him to lose several lives in SM64 Bloopers: Can Ganondorf come out to play?, get bombed several times by SMG3's Painting in SMG3's Gauntlet of Gloom, and almost got him turned into a T-Pose Zombie in Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse. This is a character trait not unique to him in terms of combat impulsiveness: Luigi on occasions runs into combat extremely recklessly when forced out of fear, or Meggy, who often overestimates her capability, as it once got her turned into a T-Pose Zombie.
- Poor Cooking Skills: Like Meggy, Mario has downright awful cooking skills, and whenever he turned an oven on, the oven would destroy the castle. In SMG4: Mario's Hell Kitchen, SMG4 deemed him useless and didn't allow him to help because of it. Sometimes the occurrence of him failing to use an oven or machines is attributed to bad luck. Unlike Meggy, however, his cooking results aren't quite as bad and he sometimes even manages to succeed (though it's usually done with stolen ingredients).
Super Saiyan Form
List of abilities Mario has whilst a Super Saiyan.
- God-like Strength: While Mario is already on very vast levels of superhuman strength as a normal person, is can be assumed that his physical capability is massively amplified in Super Saiyan form. And in the events of SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2019, during an arm-wrestling challenge with SMG4, he would turn into a Super Saiyan 3, further enhancing his physical strength. Note that Mario's Super Sayan form abilities are scaled much more accurately with Mario's canon powers.
- God-like Speed: While in the state of Super Saiyan, Mario is able to fly at incomprehensible speeds. In R64: Mario Simulator, he was able to fly from the Earth to the Sun in ~3 seconds. This means he clocked in the speed of around 111,552,000,000 mph (30,986,667 mi/second), approximately 170 times the speed of light. (The calculation of exact speed is an observation and should not be considered official by any means.)
- God-Like Endurance: Mario has already survived many things that would be absolutely impossible for a normal person to survive without an invincibility star, so going Super Saiyan would make him even more indestructible than he already is.
- Devastating Slash Attack: While Mario wasn't shown to have any unique skills throughout the video, near the end of the video, when the altar the team was using to ressurect Greg started killing Bob, Mario used a boost from Meggy's rocket launcher to gain momentum before activating his power (indicated by his red glowing eyes), a powerful slash strong enough to take down the entire altar.
List of Jobs
- Plumber (Formerly?)
- Waiter (Formerly)
- Police Officer (Formerly)
- Lawyer (Formerly)
- Spaghetti delivery boy (Formerly)
- Tech support (Formerly)
- Starbucks employee (Formerly)
- Officer Employee (Formerly)
- Nightguard (Formerly)
- Drug dealer
- Myth Buster
- Power Ranger
- Hotel Manager (Formerly)
- Game Show Host
- Boss of Nintendo (Formerly)
- Mafia Boss
- Scam Artist (Formerly)
- Manager (Formerly)
- Anime Smuggler
- Mail Man (Formerly)
- Lifeguard (Formerly)
- Bowser's Minion (Formerly)
- King of the Mushroom Kingdom (Formerly)
- Co-Manager of Bob and Breakfast 2
- Dentist (Unlicensed)
- The SMG4 Universe’s Avatar.
Roles in Arcs
Rapper Bob Arc
Mario Facts from Super Mario 64 Bloopers: ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 5 (WAT O O edition)
These "facts" are displayed between skits in ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 5, according to SMG4. Many of them were made as jokes, as the "facts" are quite exaggerated for Mario's character.
- Mario eats around 640,000 bowls of spaghetti each hour. (then he would eat over 177 bowls of spaghetti every second)
- Mario had his first kiss with a blonde looking hobo.
- Mario hit puberty when he was 30.
- Mario can fly with his magical cap. (like the original Super Mario 64 game, when Mario gets a Wing Cap)
- Mario farted over 13456 times in the Castle.
- Mario hasn't proved left or right-handed, meaning he's probably ambidextrous.
- Mario makes 1 coin per pipe he blows up or destroys.
- Luigi is actually Mario's sister. (This is just a joke)
- Mario is actually Chinese but changed to Italian.
- Mario's last name is "The Plumber".
- Princess Peach is Mario WAAAAAAAAHHH?!?!
- Mario's favorite color is Boobies...
- Mario's birthday is on 13/31/1942 or sumthin'. (This is just a joke)
- Mario's middle name is "Sexy".
- Mario has children and their names are Toad.
- Mario has no teeth.
- Mario's overalls were created from dirt.
- Mario was going to star in Justin Bieber's music video but got kicked due to destroying everything.
- Mario has no fingers.
- Everyone's eyes are blue. (This refers to the characters who are "re-colored Marios" which has the same eye textures as the original character)
- Everyone stole Mario's mustache style.
- Bowser hates Mario because he made him drop his sandwich! (Reference to The (TOTALLY ACCURATE) Documentary of Mario)
- Mario wears contact lenses and panties.
- Mario's nose originally was a genetic mutation.
- Mario rates this Video 0/10
- Main article: Pokemans
- Mario has appeared in almost every blooper, with notable exceptions being The BattleToads Justice Crew, The Wacky Wario Bros.: Waluigi Origins, SMG4: The Japan Trip, SMG4: The Weegee Uprising, and most of the Guards N' Retards videos.
- Mario is one of the four characters to appear in the very first video by SMG4 (The Cake is a Lie). The others are Peach, Lakitu, and Toad.
- Mario has been shown to occasionally eat food from the dumpster.
- According to Mario Kart 64 Bloopers: An Adventurous Drive, Mario met Adolf Hitler once.
- Mario behaved much less spoonily in SMG4's 2011 bloopers. He was however shown to be far more retarded back then since according to SMG4, he didn't know any number past 10.
- Mario thinks that the elderly are useless. For instance, in Who let the Chomp out?, Mario asks Toadsworth if the latter is going to throw his walking stick at the Chain Chomp to defeat it.
- Mario has a YouTube channel called TheAwesomeMario, which currently has over 238K subscribers. From February 2018 onward, it is currently inactive.
- Mario likes to jump off the castle roof.
- When acting insane, Mario is able to fly without a Wing Cap.
- Mario has had three heart attacks from eating Spaghetti. He has also had a heart attack from eating hot dogs, requiring him to go to the hospital in SMG4: Luigi's Lesson.
- According to Super Mario 64 Shorts - Bob-omache, Mario was once abducted by Bob-omb Buddies but was regarded as a failed experiment and was dropped in front of Peach's Castle.
- Mario is a border-line idiot at the idiot test.
- Mario (outside of the SMG4 universe) is classified as homo nintendonus. This is a fact that was revealed in 2014.
- In Dreams, it is revealed Mario has a phobia of old people after his second dream.
- The reason Luke Lerdwichagul made Mario a mentally retarded character like Homer Simpson from The Simpsons or Peter Griffin from Family Guy was that he felt that using a "normal" or "heroic" personality would be boring. Incidentally, SMG4, his author avatar, has that personality.
- As revealed in The (TOTALLY ACCURATE) Documentary of Mario, the reason for his stupidity is because he took drugs. This is probably a false recollection.
- Mario is a tiny bit transparent when the SM64 model is used, this can be found in Mario the Waiter after Luigi goes to cook Mario's burrito with spaghetti in it, with the Pyro from TF2 being slightly distinguishable.
- Mario is confirmed to be heterosexual.
- According to The (TOTALLY ACCURATE) Documentary of Mario, Mario was apparently born in 1928. Though this might not be true (since if Mario really was born at that time, he would be 92 years old), it might be a reference to how some fans theorize that Mario is older than how he looks like, or if he ages slower than normal human beings, despite official (non-SMG4) material stating he is 24 years old.
- Additionally, in SSENMODNAR DELUXE - 1 MILLION SUB SPECIAL, his age was listed as "6,345".
- Mario seems to enjoy playing Dark Souls 3.
- As revealed in SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti, Mario has a bank account for spaghetti.
- As revealed in SMG4: Mario vs IT 🤡, (one of) his worst nightmare(s) is broccoli.
- However, in SMG4: Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL, his worst nightmare is Luigi throwing spaghetti away.
- In most episodes, Mario seems to own an iPhone, based on the iPhone 8.
- Mario's ID number, #8052011, is a reference to the first SMG4 blooper, Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie!, which was uploaded on May 7, 2011.
- In SMG4: Mario's Mask Of Madness, it is revealed that he likes Luigi only if he acted just like him, therefore explaining why he usually doesn't like him and abused him whenever Luigi annoyed him back in previous episodes.
- Mario was the third character to appear in SMG4 videos. The first being Peach, and the second being Lakitu.
- Mario was the first character to be added in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- As shown in SMG4: The Other Universe, Mario dying would lead to the universe being destroyed, due to being its avatar. However, Mario was shown dying quite a few times in previous episodes prior to 2017, having crashed an elevator with him and Luigi still inside (in The Elevator), was blown up from the inside after accidentally eating a Bob-Omb (in Bob-Omache), fell off the castle’s roof (in Spaghetti Law), got pranked by SMG4 into falling on lava (in Boil the Big Bully), accidentally got his past self blown up, which forced him to save himself (in Ssenmodnar 9), and got thrown into a giant toaster (in Mario Joins the Circus). These deaths likely did not count as an absolute death due to Mario’s use of “extra lives” (or continues). It is possible that SMG0’s attempt to kill Mario by sucking out his life force in SMG4 Movie: Ten Year Anniversary Special completely bypasses his extra lives.