Mushrooms are arguably the most iconic items in the Mario games. In SMG4, they make frequent appearances in many of the series' videos both old and new, sometimes being used in place of real world drugs. Other times, they can cure people, such as how Mario was turned back to normal in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: 99.5% Crazy.
A mushroom with a colored cap, white spots, and eyes. They are recurring items in the Super Mario franchise. Their effects on the player's character varies from game to game. In both the Mario Kart and Mario Party series, the Mushrooms share an appearance with the Super Mushrooms from the Super Mario series.
In the Mario Kart games, a Mushroom is an item that grants the Kart a burst of speed and allows the player to drive through off-road surfaces without slowing down. Mushrooms can come in singles or triplets, the latter providing three Mushrooms to use in a row.
In SMG4 videos, some mushrooms are hallucinogenic drugs. In contrast, 1-Up Mushrooms cure these hallucinations.
These are the many Mushroom variations featured in the SMG4 series.
- Super Mushroom - a mushroom that allows the user to grow twice at height. They can also be used on other objects like weapons.
- 1-Up Mushroom - a rare mushroom frequently encountered in the Mario franchise that grants the user an additional life when collected. In SMG4 videos, they can revive anyone that is already dead, though many do not know about this; Mario knew this fact for quite a while, but due to his stupidity, he forgot about it before the Anime Arc even began. In addition, they were used to cure T-Pose Zombies until Waluigi got so powerful from the rejection that he accumulated from those who hated him that the 1-Up Mushrooms were rendered useless against the infection.
- Poison Mushroom - a hazardous mushroom which they have the opposite effects a Super Mushroom, which often varies from game to game. In some SMG4 videos, they power up villainous characters.
- Mini Mushroom - a mushroom that has the opposite effects of a Mega Mushroom, It shrinks the user down to a size ever smaller than normal Mario. This gives the player the ability to run on water, jump extra high, float at the air and travel down mini Warp Pipes. In the SMG4 videos, this mushroom first appeared in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Mini Italians.
- Propeller Mushroom - a mushroom introduced in the New Super Mario Bros. series. The user gains the Propeller power-up, which gives them the ability to hover in the air for a short time, before falling back down. In the SMG4 videos, this mushroom first appeared in SMG4: Nintendo Gets Deleted.
- Rock Mushroom - First appeared in Super Mario Galaxy 2, primarily found in the Boulder Bowl Galaxy. When obtained, it turns Mario into Rock Mario. Rock Mario can encase himself in a boulder, making him able to crush enemies.
- Golden Mushroom - a rare mushroom that appears in several Mario games. Its effects vary from granting the collector coins to offering a massive speed boost powerful enough for your skin to melt off. In the SMG4 videos, this mushroom first appeared in R64: Idiot karts 101.
- Mega Mushroom - a rare mushroom that temporarily grows the user to a giant's size. Allowing them to become unstoppable and could destroy almost anything, including Warp Pipes and enemies. In the SMG4 videos, this mushroom first appeared in SM64: A SM64 Fairytale Part 3.
- Mighty Mushroom Morphers - a set of five mushrooms seen in SMG4: Mighty Morphin' Mario Rangers, that turns Mario, Luigi and their friends into their Super forms.
- Mario's 1-up Mushroom Creation - a attempted 1-Up Mushroom being made by Mario and Bowser, for their cooking show, only seen in SM64: Cooking with Bowser and Mario!. Sure, it looks hideous and shoots out death rays, but it actually works.
- T-Pose Mushroom - created by Waluigi's rejection powers, these mushrooms transform the consumer into a T-Pose Zombie, who will turn anyone they cause to fall into more T-Pose Zombies. Eventually, Waluigi's power got so strong that he can make T-Pose Shrooms explode, infecting anyone within the blast radius. The T-Pose Virus was cured with 1-Up Mushrooms until Waluigi achieved his final form, rendering them useless, making the virus incurable until Waluigi's Staff of Rejection was destroyed.
- Apart from being consumed, mushrooms can also be smoked. Bowser mentioned that he smokes some in SM64: Like a bowser (like a boss parody).
|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|