|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
|This page contains information on a subject that does not yet have an official name. Once an official name is given to the subject or character, this template can be removed.|
|Why doesn't this tasty peanut-butter have a moniker?|
|The title of this article is conjectural; an official name for the article's subject has not been found, so it has been given a fitting title by editors. If an official name appears, it is requested that the article be moved to the correct name.|
Excuse me youngins... Have you seen uhh.... Peopled named uh... Mayonnaise and uh.. uh.. Terry? They're so good at hide and seek that they've envaded me for 84 YEARS. Maybe this wasn't a good idea after all...
|—Old Man Hobo, SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021|
Old Man Hobo (Usually referred to as the Old Man or Old Guy), is a classic recurring character in the SMG4 series.
He is a senile old man often gets into trouble. He's possibly a mascot of SMG4 because he is at the bottom right corner of his videos. There are in fact several Old Men.
Not all of the Old Men Hobos are actually hobos, as some are shown to be genies, wizards, princesses (surprisingly), killers, or rapists. He has appeared less often in later bloopers but still appears in non-speaking cameos similar to Hideo Kojima in The Anime Arc.
Old Man Hobo always has his classic appearance no matter what blooper he is in (except for when he is dressed in a costume or in the episode SMG4: Mario Babies) where he is an old man who has Caucasian skin white eyebrows and a white beard, along with a blue robe like outfit. He also appears to be tinier than the other characters.
- Fourth wall breaking and restoring (presumably): In "Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Breaking Walls" it's presumed that Old Man Hobo is able to break the fourth wall by being able to transfer SMG4 and Mario in and out of the blooper and he also can restore the fourth wall barrier as well.
- The sprite is from an old man in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Here is the link.
- SMG4 voiced Old Man Hobo on The 12 idiots of Christmas.
- In the blooper Two Great Friends!, it is revealed that the old man's name is Old Man Hobo.
- There are in fact several Old Men, as seen in the videos 101 Ways For Mario To Die (The Right Way) and SMG4 VS ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, which speculates that only the one seen in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Two Great Friends! is a hobo.
- He's a rapist as shown in the videos Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Two Great Friends! and Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Bad Stars.
- He likes being in bathtubs.
- In the blooper The Mystery of the Missing White and Blue he has a son named John DiMaggio who is Toad's father (as seen in ṩṩἔᾗмὄḋᾗᾄʀ 6 (New Year's Edition)) and maybe Stacy's husband. So, the Old Man is probably Toad's grandfather.
- He is possibly Mario's grandfather as shown in a flashback in SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island.
- In SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job, he is the neighbor of Meggy Spletzer.
- In SMG4: Mario Babies, it's revealed he used to have hair but was burnt by Baby Bowser.
- He makes a cameo in SUNSET PARADISE - EP 2: The Silence of the Yams as a 3D model.