R64: A Theatre Mario. is the ninth episode of Season 6 and the two hundred and sixty-seventh overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the seventeenth episode of the Retarded64 series. It was aired on March 14, 2016.
Mario is dragged along by Peach to drive her to the theater to see Super Mario Twilight 6.
You're not going to ruin this nice evening, are you?!
|—Peach Toadstool, to Mario|
At Peach's Castle, Mario is seen eating spaghetti as usual, until the TV tunes to the Super Mario Aerobics program. Excited, Mario strips down and starts performing the moves done on the TV, much to the shock and confusion of Toad who is asking what is going on. Peach Toadstool then shows up and interrupts Mario on his dancing. She then reveals that the sixth and final installment in the LGBT-related romance movie series Super Mario Twilight just came out and wants Mario to watch it with her. Having a strong dislike for the series, Mario initially refuses. But Peach threatens to shoot his spaghetti if he doesn't comply, much to his horror.
Later, Mario is seen driving Peach and Toad to the movie theater. Unfortunately, Mario gets stuck in traffic, and his mood gets worse when Peach impatiently tells him to hurry up. Mario spots a nearby cliff and seeing it as his only chance to not go to the theater, drives over it and wrecks the car. Mario believes they can't go to the movies like this, but discovers much to his frustration that there's a movie theater named Meme Cinema right next to them. Peach is overjoyed, whereas Mario is furious and even explodes. Inside the theater, Mario discovers a poster for the Italian comedy film Spaghetti a mezzanotte and excited, interrupts Peach while she is making her order. Being the bossy woman she is, Peach stops Mario with his order by summoning a Dodongo from The Legend of Zelda which runs him over and injures him, forcing him to watch Super Mario Twilight 6 with her.
When ordering their food, Toad asks the clerk Donkey Kong for his hottest, spiciest chicken. Taking the order literally, DK pulls out a flaming Chica who burns Toad with a flamethrower. Mario laughs at Toad, only to be burned too. Inside the theater room where Super Mario Twilight is playing, Toad sarcastically commented that the 3D looked great, and said he couldn't see anything. Before the movie starts, an old 1999 commercial for Super Smash Bros. plays (although it has been repurposed to sell friendship candy). While Mario likes the commercial due to its violence, Peach is angry that the movie hasn't started yet. After another commercial (this time about toast and Toast Guy) plays, Peach is already at her limit. Mario eventually panics and decides that he needs to get out as he can no longer stand watching these movies. A flashback then plays showing Mario watching the last installment in which he was deeply horrified and disgusted at a scene involving the movie incarnations of himself and Bowser making love, whereas Peach enjoyed it. Just thinking about it causes him to vomit into SMG4's popcorn, causing the latter to cry.
Peach then asks Mario if this is still romantic as always, only to turn and discover much to her anger that Mario had fled from the room and replaced himself with his hobo clone. After getting rid of the clone, she angrily searches the theater for Mario, telling him this was supposed to be a special time between them. Fortunately for the fat plumber, he knocks out Donkey Kong and replaces him as the clerk, thus Peach doesn't notice him. Frankie then appears and asks for a toy to watch a movie (Super Pony Adventures) with him. Due to theaters obviously not having toys, Mario instead gives Frankie the unconscious DK, who then accidentally goes to a theater playing Fifty Shades of Grey.
As Mario is boasting about how "smart" he is, Peach notices him and angrily confronts him for ruining the evening. Mario doesn't care, so Peach takes a Waluigi Launcher Cannon and fires at him. Mario manages to escape, and flees to a private theater where Steve is watching (and laughing at) nothing but static. Mario begs Steve for a way to stop Peach, but all Steve says is his name. Mario nevertheless takes it as a genius idea and then dresses Steve in his clothes (leaving Mario himself naked) in order to fool Peach so he won't have to watch the movie. As Steve screams in terror at his predicament, Mario mocks him.
Toadsworth then appears and being as paranoid as usual, asks Mario where Peach was. Mario instead points to a random direction and runs to a nearby elevator. Toadsworth then notices Luigi wearing Peach's dress and scolds him for it, causing Luigi to bawl. In the elevator, Mario is once again boasting about how "smart" he is, while Bot, TheBrandonMaster, and a Goomba inside move away from him. Upon exiting, a Whomp tells him he needs a V.I.P pass to get in, but Mario instead gives him his old Spaghetti Strip Club Membership Card (which apparently expired in 1985) to get past. Mario sees Bowser watching a movie (which has him dancing on Mario) and greets him, but Bowser panics upon seeing him naked, to the point where he attacks and chases him.
Mario stumbles upon a projection booth that just so happens to be for the same theater where Super Mario Twilight 6 is playing. With Peach crying tears of joy and Steve, hating the movie, begging someone to kill him. Bowser finds Mario and lunges towards the plumber, only to accidentally knock the projector out of the booth and onto the theater floor breaking it. Peach explodes with rage over the movie abruptly ending and starts trashing the room while Mario berates Bowser for his mistake. As Peach continues to destroy the room, Bowser finds another projector and orders Mario to find the movie. Mario tries to, only to cycle through reels of many other random ones. Bowser gives up and uses his camera to record himself and Mario and they manage to fool Peach and calm her down. When Peach asks them to kiss, Bowser obliges, but Mario instead punches him and sends him flying out of the projection booth and onto Peach, knocking her out cold. Steve compliments Mario for taking the princess out, whereas the plumber wonders why he didn't think of it earlier.
Later, Mario puts his clothes on and starts heading home while carrying an unconscious Peach (fooling Toadsworth into thinking Peach is fine by imitating her voice). However, as he is about to get out, the plumber stops and wonders if he forgot something. The video ends with a scene showing that Toad is still in the theater room, completely unaware of what happened. Along with a crying SMG4, an unconscious Bowser, and Steve.
- Chica the Chicken
- Toast Guy
- Hobo Mario
- Waluigi clones
- Donkey Kong
- Nyan Cat
- Christian Grey
- Anastasia "Ana" Steele
- Morgan Freeman
- Wario falls to the ground and explodes.
- Hobo Mario is killed by Princess Peach.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 1:52 - Pink Guy: RICE BALLS
- 3:45 - Game Won - Dr. Luigi.
- Guards N' Retards: The Butt Ninja: The footage of Morgan Freeman from this video is shown on screen when Mario tries to select the films.
- This is Starman3's first 2016 appearance, although only a cameo. However, after this episode, his character was retired by Luke Lerdwichagul in regular bloopers, due to controversies during the last few years, making him the first character on the show to be fully retired, thus making this episode as his final official appearance. However, he did make cameo appearances, albeit stock footage in SMG4 MEGA COMPILATION - 5 years of retardedness, as well as an actual cameo appearance in SSENMODNAR DELUXE - 1 MILLION SUB SPECIAL later in this year. Afterwards, his only appearances would only be in the Ssenmodnar series through unofficial fan cameos.
- When Mario said that he couldn't survive the last five times, this could probably mean a reference from the scenes of R64: Son of a bowser., where Mario and Bowser watched the first Super Mario Twilight movie with Bowser Jr. and were disgusted.
- It was revealed that Peach and Toad are huge fans of Super Mario Twilight.
- The Mario Aerobics Program is actually the routine for Just Mario in the Wii version of Just Dance 3 as an exclusive DLC for said console.
- Mario's Spaghetti Strip Club Membership Card apparently expired in 1985, the same year that Super Mario Bros. was released.
- Steve's scream came from the Loud Nigra, a popular internet meme.
- This episode reveals that Peach has a Waluigi Launcher Cannon that shoots multiple Waluigi clones.
- SMG4 might be a fan of LGBT-related movies since he was watching Super Mario Twilight 6.
- EpicYoshiFan color code was slightly changed here, where the blue overalls is darker. This color code was reused in the SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special.