R64: Mario's Road Trip is the fourth blooper of Season 7, the 324th overall uploaded by SMG4 and the 22nd video in the Retarded64 series. Here, Mario, SMG4, and Toad take a road trip to try to reach Didney Worl (a parody of Disneyland), although the latter two are not excited about it.
This is the first of the three videos under the "Mario's Trip miniseries". It was aired on January 28th, 2017.
Mario gets SMG4 and Toad hopelessly lost on a road trip.
The episode begins in Smexy Town, where Mario, SMG4, and Toad are walking towards a Mario-themed car called the Mario-Mobile in the middle of a parking lot. Mario announces that he plans on taking the other two on a road trip to Didney Worl. Although SMG4 and Toad both show disinterest in the idea (with Toad even suggesting suicide), Mario refuses to take no for an answer and prepares to take off, getting into the driver's seat. This alarms Toad, considering how dangerous Mario can be even when he's not behind the wheel, but Mario insists that he has plenty of driving experience (although it is revealed in a cutaway that he's referring to his experience with riding a car-themed kiddy ride at the mall). SMG4 decides to drive instead for the sake of everyone's well-being in case Mario screws up, forcing Mario to get in the passenger's seat, and the trio take off on their road trip.
On the way out of Smexy Town, SMG4 asks Mario if he has a GPS that can give them directions to Didney Worl. Mario decides to use his new, rare GPS that he bought online; unfortunately, they find out that the GPS's AI is Fishy Boopkins, much to SMG4's annoyance. Fishy Boopkins proves to be no help in navigating the car, as he either keeps getting distracted with wanting to play games or second-guesses himself on directions. This goes on for some time, until he gets Mario, SMG4, and Toad lost in Francisco Fajardo. Boopkins then decides to get out his own GPS, which is revealed to be another Fishy Boopkinss GPS. As the two Boopkins get distracted with talking to each other, SMG4 finally has enough and throws the GPS out of the car.
SMG4 blames Mario for even buying the device in the first place (to which the latter reveals that the GPS was only worth a pack of peanuts), but Mario reveals that he also brought a map for backup. However, the map turns out to be just a play mat, and he points in a random direction. Toad questions if they're even going the right way, pointing out that the only thing in sight is Waluigi's Taco Stand. Excited, Mario forces SMG4 to drive near the stand, running over Waluigi in the process, although Mario still manages to get tacos for some inexplicable reason.
SMG4 decides to turn on some music to lighten the mood. However, nobody can agree on what to listen to as they flip through various channels, until they eventually start fighting over the radio. They finally calm down after the radio lands on "What is Love?"; but it changes to a song that none of them care for when the car hits a speed bump. SMG4 then throws the radio out as well, and the trio agree to forget that this never happened.
All of a sudden, the car's engine dies, and Mario, SMG4, and Toad end up getting stuck on the side of the road. Mario spots somebody in the distance and suggests that they ask the person for help. Unfortunately, the bystander turns out to be Bob, who immediately recognizes the trio. He eagerly runs towards them, claiming that he has been alone in the desert for days. Obviously not wanting to put up with the wizard, SMG4 frantically tries to start up the car again, while Mario urges him to hurry up and Toad utilising the power of Satan to try and slow Bob's approach. (It should be noted this does not work.) SMG4 luckily manages to get it working. Mario thinks that they were able to lose him, but Bob is revealed to be hanging on to the roof of the car. SMG4 tries to force him off by turning on the windshield wipers, and Toad finally gets Bob to let go by poking him with a stick. Mario, SMG4, and Toad all take a brief moment to celebrate, but in their distraction, they drive the car off-road and ram it into a telephone pole, busting the engine again. As the trio sit there in shock, Bob mocks them from behind, claiming that they deserve it for rejecting him.
Mario, SMG4, and Toad all get out of the car and try to figure out what to do about the busted engine. SMG4 checks the trunk for anything useful, only to find it filled with Mario's "luggage", which consists of nothing but several plates of spaghetti. Recalling his experience with kart races, Mario believes that he can use mushrooms to jumpstart the car and tries ramming Toad head-first into the engine. However, this only makes the situation worse, as it causes the engine to combust and the car to explode.
SMG4 suddenly spots an oncoming truck and tries to get the driver's attention in order to hitch-hike. The truck luckily stops, and the driver turns out to be Steve, who agrees to give the trio a ride in the back. When they eventually stop, Mario thinks that they made it to Didney Worl. It is revealed that they have stopped at Steve's Meme Farm. Unnerved by Steve's strange job and the reveal that his family consists of a pair of chickens, the trio decide to leave by stealing his truck.
As they continue to drive away, SMG4 suggests that they give up on finding Didney Worl, causing Mario to throw a tantrum and cry. Finally fed up, Toad stops the truck (accidentally knocking Mario out in the process) and gets out to ask for directions, but SMG4 doubts he'll find anything, causing the red plumber to start crying again. Toad then comes across a nearby Goomba, who reveals that the amusement park is right in front of them, much to Toad's fury. Mario cheers as they finally drive over, and the episode ends with a sequence of photographs with Mario, SMG4, and Toad enjoying their time at Didney Worl.
- Mickey Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Grand Dad
- Dr. Robotnik Head
- Pepe the Frog
- Pikachu Cage
- 0:04 - Montage; Team America
- 0:15 – Main Theme; Hotel Mario
- 0:34 – Green Garden; Bomberman 64
- 0:42 – Elevator; Mass Effect 2
- 0:46 – Super Mario Bros 2 – Overworld; WillRock07
- 1:04 – Greetings!; Rhythm Heaven Fever
- 1:40 - Sad Song; Super Mario RPG
- 1:46 – Megamix; Rhythm Heaven
- 1:59 - O Fortuna (Carmina Burana); Carl Orff
- 2:03 – Laboratory; Mario Party 2
- 2:43 - Wii Shop Bling; Toonlink
- 2:34 – Monstro Town (My Paradise); Super Mario RPG
- 2:43 - Wii Shop Bling; ToonLink
- 2:53 - Purin Purin Purin (SCENE11 エピローグにようこそ); NHK (posted by muffinstorm)
- 3:02 - Toad Sings Pokemon; Toad
- 3:10 - On The Floor; IceJJFish
- 3:13 - Chicken Nuggets Song; Nick Bean
- 3:14 - Toad Sings Ridin Dirty; Orca Whatever
- 3:19 - What is Love; Haddaway
- 3:28 – Pen Pineapple Apple Pen (PPAP) Christmas ver.; WHITE JAM
- 3:57 – Track 05; Alien Arena 2011
- 4:21 - Middle Boss Battle; Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
- 4:41 - Dream A Dream - Captain Jack
- 4:56 - Goomba Village; Paper Mario
- 5:24 – Circuit; Mario Kart 64
- 5:41 - Karma Charmeleon – Culture Club (8 - Bit); QuadFactor
- 6:02 – Koopa Village; Paper Mario
- 6:27 - Glitter Gulch Mine; Banjo Tooie
- 6:58 – Spongebob; Daytime Drama
- 7:09 – Eterna City (Daytime); Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
- 7:23 - Super Mario Land Remix (Level 1); Gaming Reinvented
- This reveals that Mario can't drive, though he has a car. However, he could drive perfectly back in the earlier bloopers and even had his driver's license, so it's possible he forgot how to do it.
- This was the first and only time that a GMod sprite was used when Mario cries, inside the car when SMG4 suggested that the group give up in finding Didney Worl. In other videos, an SM64 sprite of Mario with tears building up in his eyes was used when Mario was crying.
- According to The Waluigi Arc EXPLAINED, Luke and Kevin came up with the idea on a beach in Malaysia.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: It is referenced multiple times throughout this blooper:
- When SMG4 and Toad first react to Didney Worl before getting in the Mario-Mobile, Mario yells "YOU ARE GONNA LIKE IT!" to them; a quote that came from the episode "Dying for Pie".
- When Toad panics about Bob in the window, he screams, "Get it off, get if off!", a line from SpongeBob when he gets hit by a paper in "I Had an Accident".
- Bob quotes when he is in the car's window, "Senpai, i thought what we had was special!" is a reference to Patrick being abandoned by Gary and saying the same thing.
- Toad standing on a grave saying "Here Lies Toad's Hopes and Dreams" is a reference to a scene in the episode "One Krabs Trash", where Squidward puts flowers on a grave saying "Here Lies Squidward's Hopes and Dreams" due to the titular character constantly ruining his life.
- After crashing the Mario-Mobile, Mario, SMG4, and Toad make Patrick's face from a scene in The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie. This became a popular meme on the internet.