R64: Son of a bowser. is the third episode of Season 5 and the two hundred and fourteenth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the tenth episode of the Retarded64 series. It was aired on January 25, 2015.
At Peach's Castle, Bowser declares his plan to kidnap Peach on TV until Mario found it boring and changed the channel. When Bowser Jr. popped up from his back and demanded his attention, going so far as to whack away the camera. As Bowser grumpily asked what he needed, Bowser Jr. wanted food. Bowser worried on what to do since he hated Koopalings despite having either five or seven children.
Apparently, two hours ago, Bowser's grandma called him asking if he could take care of Bowser Jr. for a while, much to his chagrin. Apparently, like him, she needed a break from Bowser Jr. which she put as a trip.
Bowser Jr. wanted to drink something. Bowser suggested milk but his son rejected that idea, causing him to freak out. He later crashed into Peach's Castle asking for Mario.
Bowser broke in but upon seeing SMG4 filming the video of Mario and Michael Jackson spaghetti, asked if he was disturbing. SMG4 replied no because the shot was a failure. Upon hearing that, he gave Mario Bowser Jr. and told him to not let him die for the next few hours when he would return to pick him up. Back to Bowser, now that his annoying son was gone from him and celebrates.
As he kept celebrating, he suddenly bumped into Granny Koopa. Shocked, he tried to act innocent but then revealed that he left Bowser Jr. with Mario after she asked what happened to him. As he hoped that Bowser Jr. was safe, he had a sudden realization that the whole castle and his son was on fire. He immediately burst into the castle just to see Mario carries Bowser Jr. like an airplane with the son enjoying it.
As Mario had enough of carrying Bowser Jr. around, he threw him at a wall, causing Bowser to roast Mario with his fire breath. Bowser Jr. was suddenly sad. Just then, Bowser gave in and let Mario come with him. Just then as he was about to go kidnap Peach now, Bowser Jr. asked if they could see a movie. Bowser agreed.
At the movie theater, Mario saw the Super Mario Bros. movie and was annoyed as to how people made a movie out of him and that it was horrible although Bowser disagreed. Suddenly, Bowser Jr. indicated that he wanted to watch Super Mario Twilight, much to both Mario and Bowser's horror.
As expected, Mario and Bowser could not take it and panicked (and vomit for Bowser's case too) while Bowser Jr. found it nice. In the bathroom, Mario and Bowser were still recovering from the movie when Bowser Jr. went in and stated he wanted to watch the sequel. Angered, Bowser said horrible things to him, causing Bowser Jr. to cry much to Mario's charging as now they had to check where did he go. Just as Bowser said he did not care, Mario reminded him about what would happen to him if Bowser Jr. was harmed, causing him to be worried.
As they searched the town, Mario eventually found Roy Koopa, much to Bowser's annoyance as that was the wrong child. He then told Roy to stop wearing those sunglasses but Roy danced off to show he did not care. Mario then told Bowser that he was the source of the sunglasses, causing Bowser to tell him to shut up.
Just then, Bowser Jr. called to them, showing Dr. Eggman as his new father. Dr. Eggman agreed, saying that he always wanted a son when he came along. As he was about to explain, Mario said no one cared while Bowser demanded that he returned his son to him or be ripped from limb to limb. Dr. Eggman responded by shooting a machine gun. To try to get around, Mario asked a nearby RMKP to help stop Dr. Eggman but that idea failed with RMKP running away from the gunfire.
Just then, Bowser's phone went off, revealing to be Granny Koopa calling, much to Bowser's shock. As Granny Koopa was about to pick up Bowser Jr. and wanted to know their location, she suddenly heard Dr. Eggman's screams and concluded that they were at Club Pingas. Determined to get his son back, Bowser launched him at Dr. Eggman through the club's walls, shocking two patrons. Dr. Eggman was naturally angry over his club being damaged.
Bowser then called for Mario's assistance due to being unable to quickly get up (he saw Toad pole dancing, causing him to quickly say that the princess was in another castle), where he tried to eat a mushroom to gain an advantage but ate a Poison Mushroom, causing him to faint. As Bowser was agitated over Mario's failure, Dr. Eggman had a gun aimed right at him. Just as Bowser thought he was done for, Dr. Eggman was knocked down with a smack from the back, who wanted Bowser back.
Outside the club, as it appeared to be a happy moment, Bowser revealed that what he wanted to give Bowser Jr. was a smack, just for Granny Koopa to knock him down before taking Bowser Jr. home. As Bowser got up, he realized he forgot about Mario. Just then, he wondered if Mario was still out cold, just to be revealed he still was. As SMG4 worried that Mario was unconscious and hence the episode could not end, Bowser Jr. suggested Super Mario Twilight 2. As expected, Bowser threw up while watching the movie.
- Koopa Troopas
- Michael Jackson
- Peach Toadstool
- Chain Chomp
- Wallace and Gromit /
- Justin Bieber
- Superstarxalien169 (appears while Mario is asking for Bowser Jr.)
- Toast Guy
- Old Man Hobo
- Hitkid96fan (Club Pingas patron)
- Jones (Club Pingas patron observing Toad pole dance)
- Mario got roasted by Bowser.
- Two days prior to the video being uploaded, Luke reached 300,000 subscribers. However, since he was already working on this video, there was no video celebrating that milestone. Nevertheless, he released one, SM64: Bad Star's Back! 300k Special the following week.
- This is the third R64 episode to not have Mario's name in its title, the first being R64: Idiot karts 101 and the second being R64: Freddy's spaghettiria.
- This is the first R64 episode to not have the usual R64 intro.
- To some fans offended by the new intro, SMG4 replaced the word "Retarded" with "Beautiful" (through annotation). This did not really work, though and as of January 15, 2019, it is gone due to YouTube removing annotations.
- This is the first time since R64: A Dose of Dr. Mario that Hitkid96fan has appeared in SMG4's bloopers.
- It is also his & SuperStarXAlien169's last appearances to date.
- Bowser mentions the Koopalings, and one of them, Roy, appears at one moment.
- This is the first time Bowser is seen with twitched eye textures.
- Bowser's phone incoming call tune changed when his grandmother called for the second time though it is possible he changed it.
- The party scene shows Peach Toadstool drinking a bottle of champagne from the Japanese version of Super Mario Kart. This sprite of Peach is removed in the Western version of SMK as it is considered to be too inappropriate for children.
- Several phrases can be heard in Super Mario Twilight:
- Mario saying "Gay Bowser", the infamous misheard phrase in Super Mario 64, "So long, King Bowser!" where it sounds like: "So Long, Gay Bowser" when throwing Bowser in the final boss fight.
- "I still love you" from Intervention Season 8 Episode 13.
- "Dude! Let's touch pingases!" from Sanity Not Included Season 1 - Girl On Xbox Live.
- While Bowser breaks the door and runs to see if Bowser Jr. is dead, the bombs from the Bowser levels in Super Mario 64 can be seen.
- Also, Bowser is notably in his Bowser in The Sky colors instead of his normal colors when he breaks into the castle.
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit: The Italian poster for the film is shown inside the movie theater.
- Super Mario Bros. (1993 film): Mario sees a poster for the 1993 live-action Super Mario Bros. movie inside the movie theater and complains about it.
- Twilight: Mario, Bowser and Bowser Jr. watch Super Mario: Twilight, a fictitious LGBT-related parody of the 2008 movie Twilight, as well as its 2005 novel it was adapted from of the same name by Stephenie Meyer.
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon: At the end of the video, Mario, Bowser and Bowser Jr. watch Super Mario: Twilight 2, a fictitious parody/sequel of The Twilight Saga: New Moon and Super Mario: Twilight respectively.