Super Mario Bloopers: SECRET LIFE OF GOOMBAS is the fourty-fourth episode of Season 6 and the three hundred and seventeenth episode overall by SMG4. It was aired on December 28th, 2016. This is the last video for 2016. It is about Goombas secretly forming a society to take revenge on Mario.
Mario is captured by Goombas and taken to a secret Goomba village, where the mayor of the village, Goombini, attempts to murder him for his crimes against Goomba kind. Thanks to the efforts of a few of his friends, even Bowser, he may escape alive, though, maybe.
The blooper begins with two Goombas sneaking into Mario's House while they're asleep. They stuff the sleeping Mario in a bag and take off, waking Luigi in the process. One of the Goombas leaves their phone in the house, however. While Luigi sets out to find Mario, the Goombas throw Mario in their secret village. Goombini declares Mario guilty of stomping 2 trillion Goombas, some of his surviving victims even being in the courthouse and saying how horrible he is.
Mario complains about a lack of a lawyer, and gets a pickle with Nicolas Cage's face as a lawyer, which doesn't do anything. Goombini sentences Mario to death and locks him up in a tower. Luigi is freaked out by the weird images on the phone he found, and finds a Google Maps-esque app that points to a mystery spot Goombas apparently have visited a lot of times. He gets briefly distracted by a game about crushing Mario with fat Goombas and goes to where the spot is.
Meanwhile, Mario is devastated about that he's going to die and the fact that he's hungry, but a mysterious figure contacts him. Mario thinks the figure is Jesus, The figure reveals itself to be Mario's old friend Goombs, however. Goombs has matured a bit, but Mario, in his usual stupor, doesn't remember him, and even after a flashback to him playing soccer with Goombs in SM64 Bloopers: Smexy Soccer, still appears to not remember him very well.
A guard comes in and Goombs breaks Mario out of the tower, setting off an alarm. The Goombas can't chase the duo very well due to their stubby legs. Meanwhile, Luigi has reached his destination: Bowser's castle. He enters, even though he is scared, and finds a crying Bowser. Luigi asks him why he is upset and Bowser replies by telling him all his Goombas have left him because his poor pay of one coin a year and Goombini telling them their job is too dangerous. He and Luigi decide to go to the Goomba village, Luigi to find Mario and Bowser to get the support of the Goombas back. With Mario and Goombs, Mario can only roll on the ground slowly due to being chained, but as soon as Goombs mentions food, he breaks out of them by somehow causing an explosion.
Goombs explains Goombini captured Mario because he is concerned by his safety, but Mario completely ignores his explanation. The duo reaches the exit and Mario questions why Goombs saved him even though he has stomped and presumably killed many of his brethren. Goombs replies by saying Mario's his friend, which Mario appreciates. Mario gives Goombs a hug, squashing him, but Goombs is completely fine and returns to normal, even laughing. The two get cornered by Goombini and a group of Goombas.
It then cuts to Bowser and Luigi being unable to find the entrance to the Goomba village. Luigi finds a hole and Bowser stomps him so he can fit in it. After pressing a button, the entrance is opened. Goombini questions why Goombs helped Mario, Goombs giving him the same answer when Mario asked and requests that Goombini doesn't hurt him. Goombini ignores his request and sends his Goombas out to kill Mario. Goombs request Mario to not stomp the Goombas, but Mario ignores his request also, possibly due to the fact Goombini ignored Goombs' request for a peaceful approach. Goombini traps Mario in a net, and Luigi tells him to not hurt his bro. Bowser is stuck in the entrance/exit pipe. Bowser jumps out of the pipe and convinces the Goombas to work for him again by promising them a higher loan (of 2 coins a year) and giving them free dental checks. The Goombas all agree and exit the village. Goombini reflects on his choices but gets stomped by Mario. The blooper ends by Mario and Goombs happily exiting the village.
- Fat Goomba
- This blooper marks the first time since Season 2's Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Befriend the End in which a season does not end with a New Year's-related blooper. Instead, the New Year's blooper is the first video of Season 7.
- The title is a reference to the 2016 film The Secret Life Of Pets, which also received a sequel in 2019 The Secret Life of Pets 2.
- The blooper serves as a follow up to SM64 Bloopers: Smexy Soccer, as it features the return of Goombs, who brings up the events of that episode.
- It's revealed in this blooper that the Goombas who were recruited by Bowser when he hung up an advertisement came from a secret village. It's also revealed that they love free dental.
- 00:13 – Doctor Frog; Theme Hospital
- 00:38 – Hit & Run; Simpson Hit and Run
- 01:12 – Cell-outs; Simpsons Hit and Run
- 01:32 – Main Theme; The People’s Court (1981)
- 01:51 – Trial; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 02:07 – Main Theme; Terminator 2
- 02:19 – Mr L, Green Thunder!; Super Paper Mario
- 02:41 – Overworld 2; Super Mario Bros. 3
- 02:49 – Eterna City (Daytime); Pokemon Diamond & Pearl
- 03:01 – Hallelujah; Jeff Buckley
- 03:11 – Toad’s Theme; Luigi’s Mansion
- 03:35 – Assault Theme; Metal Slug 3
- 03:47 – Uga Buga; Conker’s Bad Fur Day (CBFD)
- 03:56 – Here’s Some Weapons; Super Mario RPG
- 04:19 – Bowser’s Theme; Mario Party 1
- 04:45 – Good Luck!; Mario Party 3
- 05:06 – Goldenrod City; Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver
- 05:28 – File Select; Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 05:59 – Optimism; Chromo Cross
- 06:20 – Tennis – Position Select; Wii Sports
- 06:49 – Lord Crump’s Theme; Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- 07:11 – Fight Against An Armed Boss; Mario RPG
- 07:52 – Let’s Try; Super Mario RPG