SM64 Bloopers: Super Cavemen Bros. is the fiftieth episode of Season 6 and the TBA overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
The episode begins with Mario, Luigi, SMG4, and Toad entering E. Gadd Laboratories after Mario mistook Toad for a ball during a game of basketball, which resulted in the latter getting his head stuck in the net. They tried to see if Professor E. Gadd could help them remove it, but were surprised to find the lab deserted. Mario proceeded to tear the lab upside down in search of the professor, while SMG4 spotted a travel magazine on E. Gadd's desk.
Realizing that E. Gadd was on vacation, the group looked around to see if they could use something in the lab to help Toad themselves. However, Mario preferred to watch TV and grabbed a remote that turned on a nearby monitor visibly set to "2000 BC." Thinking that "BC" meant "Booby Channels," Mario eagerly activated the device, causing lightning to come out of the monitor and strike SMG4 and Toad. The two of them suddenly vanished from thin air, and Luigi demanded to know what Mario did. Mario looked more closely at the remote and found a note stating that the remote was for a time machine, much to his dismay.
Meanwhile, SMG4 and Toad found themselves flying through a wormhole until they arrived at a portal and landed in the middle of a green landscape. While Toad was relieved to finally be free from the basketball net, SMG4 looked around and pointed out that they were now trapped in the Prehistoric Age, with multiple dinosaurs dancing around them.
Toad initially celebrated when he realized that he did not have to put up with Mario anymore, but SMG4 reminded him that they had no way of getting home. While the two of them tried to find a way out, they started to take in their surroundings and spotted a group of cavemen with some familiar faces (including the ancestors of Steve, Old Man Hobo, and Shy Guy).
Prehistoric Steve tried to eat Toad after mistaking his mushroom cap for a melon. However, they were all interrupted when a giant Yoshi came in from the distance. As everyone fled in terror, the Yoshi was suddenly confronted by the primitive ancestors of Mario and Luigi, Mariugh and Luigar. Mariugh managed to knock the Yoshi down in one punch. Afterward, SMG4 and Toad approached the Caveman Bros., surprised by their resemblance to Mario and Luigi. At first, the Caveman Bros acted hostile, but SMG4 tried to offer them spaghetti as a peace offering, which they eat after Toad told them how to. Mariugh and Luigar became so enticed with the taste that they quickly befriended the strangers. They then carried SMG4 back to their home, with Toad following behind them.
Back in the Present, Mario and Luigi frantically searched for a way to bring SMG4 and Toad back. Unfortunately, the remote to the time machine has stopped working all of a sudden, so they looked through E. Gadd's stash of secret projects for a solution. Luigi eventually came across a Star Rod and cast a spell to see what would happen. However, it caused a bolt of lightning to fire out of the wand and literally break the fabric of reality, creating a giant hole in the background. Mario then found one of Zenyatta's orbs (from Overwatch) and activated it, causing him and Luigi to temporarily "pass into the Iris." After they returned to reality, the Mario Brothers were left stumped on what to do next.
Back in the Prehistoric Era, Mariugh and Luigar have taken SMG4 and Toad to their cave and tried to make the strangers feel at home. However, it did not go as expected, as Mariugh made SMG4 uncomfortable when he tried to seduce him with a drawing of an LGBT-related show on the stone TV in the background, while Luigar forced Toad to eat a rock that he just cooked. SMG4 and Toad tried to come up with a plan on how to escape. The former decided to distract the Caveman Bros. by putting on a video of Barney the Dinosaur for them.
While they tried to attack the dinosaur on the TV, SMG4 and Toad ran deeper into the cave until they come across Mariugh and Luigar's bedroom. SMG4 came across a drawing that the brothers made of them, considering the strangers as their friends. Extremely touched, SMG4 realized that they were just trying to help; although Toad just seemed annoyed that they keep mistaking him for a melon, as seen in the drawing. Mariugh and Luigar suddenly find them and tell them that they were able to find someone that could help: E. Gadd's ancestor, Professor E. Gugh. At first, SMG4 was overjoyed to see a familiar face that might actually be able to fix the situation. However, E. Gugh's solution appeared to be to simply knock SMG4 out with a rock, which Toad assumed was to induce comas.
Cutting back to E. Gadd's lab in the present, Luigi has ran out of ideas on how to save their friends and has resorted to wallowing in despair while Mario, who also had no ideas, has turned to eating toxic waste. Suddenly, E. Gadd returned from his vacation and was furious to find his lab in disarray. After he calmed down, the Mario Bros. tried to explain what happened. E. Gadd was happy to know that his time machine actually worked. When Luigi brought up the subject of fixing it, the professor asked if they just tried replacing the batteries in the remote, leaving the brothers dumbfounded. Once the remote was recharged, E. Gadd was able to reopen the portal to the time period 2000 BC.
In the past, Mariugh and Luigar were watching E. Gugh break-dance as SMG4 started to regain consciousness. All of a sudden, the portal emerged in the cave, catching the entire group's attention.
SMG4 and Toad walked back through the portal and returned to the Present. SMG4 was happy to see his friends again, while Toad was pretty reluctant. To their surprise, Mariugh, Luigar, and E. Gugh followed them through the portal. The arrival shocked Mario, Luigi, and E. Gadd, who each tried to take a moment to get acquainted with their ancestors. Eventually, E. Gadd had to send them back through the portal to prevent a time paradox. After their primitive counterparts said goodbye and left, SMG4 broke down in tears, while Toad ranted once more time about them mistaking him for a melon.
Later on, E. Gadd decided to sell the time machine on eBay for $9.95 to make sure it did not cause any more trouble. However, he was confused as to why nobody was buying it.
- Professor E. Gugh (Prehistoric Professor E. Gadd)
- Screaming Sun
- Shy Guy Caveman
- Caveman Steve
- Caveman Old Man Hobo
- Yoshi (Giant)
- Voldemort (As Luigi's head when he uses spell of Star Rod)
- 00:03 – Koopa Village, Paper Mario
- 00:37 – Data Robot, Mario Paint
- 00:56 – Island (Day), Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 01:00 – Cool Guy has Chill Day, Lonely Boy Ind.
- 01:31 – Fight Against An Armed Boss, Super Mario RPG
- 01:57 – Time Travel To The Past, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
- 02:16 – Wiggle, Jason Derulo
- 02:32 – Jungle Adventure, Mario Party 1
- 03:28 – Title Screen, Punch-Out!! (Wii)
- 03:38 – Beedle’s Shop, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- 04:44 – Stage Theme, Bomberman (NES)
- 06:17 – Mystery Land, Mario Party 2
- 06:26 – Goron City, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 06:39 – Careless Whisper, George Michael
- 07:16 – Flowers By Irene, Simpsons Hit & Run
- 07:23 – I Love You, Barney & Friends
- 07:39 – Hit and Run, Ren & Stimpy
- 07:52 – Save Your Game, Animal Crossing GameCube
- 08:20 – Game Boy Horror, Luigi’s Mansion
- 08:32 – Mr Resetti, Animal Crossing
- 08:44 – All Alone, Blind Witness
- 08:49 – E. Gadd, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- 09:42 – Staff Roll, Super Mario 64
- 10:39 – Elevator (Sims 4), David O’Brien
- 10:48 – Super Mario Land Millenium, Deep Black Skys, on OC ReMix
- SM64 Bloopers: Where the Wild Teletubbies are: Mario's wish of having a talking sun for the earth from that episode was granted and can be seen at the start of this episode.
- The Barney video apparently has Indonesian subtitles due to words like "istimewa," "tentu," and "saja" in them.
- The part where SMG4 gives the prehistoric Mario bros the spaghetti can be compared to the SpongeBob episode "SB-129", where Squidward teaches SpongeBob and Patrick's ancestors the jellyfishing game, causing him to accidentally invent the game, while SMG4 started the Mario Bros' obsession of spaghetti by feeding them it.