"Ẅ̴̨̛̦̪̲̲̖̺͖͙͖̞̹͔͎̜́̀̓̈̄̃̓̿͋͌͂͒͝ ̶̞͓́̇͆̍͑̄̌̑͐̈̋͊̚̚͝I̴̳̺͎̬͌ ̵̲̹̜̍̂T̴͇̱͖̃́͌̚͜ ̴̧̗̪̻͓̣̯͔̯͈̙̭̱̫̊͒̕N̸̗̭̳͎̬̈́̏́̿͐͂͑̽͛̍̓̔͋̂͝ ̵̢̦͖̿̒͋͋̔͆͊́̓ͅE̶͓̤̻̙̪͇̗̖̜̽ ̸̳͉͕̎̽́̍̕͝S̶̺̰̖̞̳̮̱̹͔̓ ̸̨̰̼̠̟̘͙͕͈̭̞͖̣̩̓̃Ş̴͍̈́̀͐̏̀́͗̀͘"
|—SMG0, SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special and SMG4: Into the Dark Web|
L̸͔͙͙̈̾e̵͚̞̊̅̕͜ã̸͚̓̍v̷̒ͅȩ̷̥͌̐ ̷̣͛̋m̴̯͙̙̕e̴͚̔̾ ̴̺͇͈̒A̶̩̼̓͌L̴̳̗͑Ō̶̢͙N̴̢͋̓́E̸̡̛̔̐!̴̻͐ ̷̩̮̚Į̶͎̄̈́ ̵̩̌̽͘J̵̡̯͑̽̚͜Ų̸̗͛Ṡ̶̨̠̲̇̚T̷̯̓̈́͝ ̶̠̮͋W̷̛̮̕͘Ḁ̵͎̖̽N̷̮̊T̷̬̱̲̊̑͊ ̵̻̳̭̊T̵̩̠̃̕͠Ơ̶̬̭͂͌͜ ̶̩͚̩̑L̷̛̛̻͕I̵̦͍̮͂V̷̤̻̒Ë̷͓͉͚̀!̴̺̆̈́͝.
|—SMG0 as Ax0l, stating his true intentions, SMG4: The Final Piece|
SuperMemeGuardian0, more commonly abbreviated as SMG0 or simply Zero, is the overarching antagonist of the SMG4 series.
He served as the unseen overarching antagonist of the first 10 seasons and The YouTube Arc, the main antagonist of Season 11, serving as the unseen overarching antagonist of the Genesis Arc Prelude and the main antagonist of the Genesis Arc and will likely be a posthumous antagonist for the rest of the series.
He was a malevolent virus from an alternate universe who traveled across the multiverse destroying different dimensions. He was the arch-nemesis of SMG1 and SMG2, of whose universe was a victim of his destroying spree.
After inhabiting an abandoned cathedral within the Dark Web on SMG4's planet, he kidnapped many recolored Marios and stripped them of their souls, reducing them to faceless husks, while trying to search for Mario. He was also implied to be responsible for the corruption of the Internet Graveyard memes.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special
- 1.3 SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane
- 1.4 SMG4: Into the Dark Web
- 1.5 SMG4: The Other Universe
- 1.6 SMG4: The Day HE Arrived.
- 1.7 SMG4: Doomsday but Mario is Okay
- 1.8 SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms
- 1.9 SMG4: MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY
- 1.10 SMG4: The Final Piece
- 1.11 War Of The Fat Italians 2021
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Background
- 4 Personality
- 5 Powers
- 6 Weaknesses
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 Navigation
Before the events of Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie!, he was known by both SMG1 and SMG2 but the true extent of their relationship is currently unknown. According to SMG4: The Final Piece, he had a relatively peaceful life, until a random event caused his universe to become corrupted, and in it his new abilities were profounded. After this incident, he began a universe-destroying spree to gather the resources and an avatar to build his new universe, eventually reaching Spudnick's universe, killing the universe's avatar in the process. As it caused further chaos in the Toytoy Kingdom, SMG1 activated the anti-virus program from SMG0's Guardian Pod and tried to destroy it, but Zero managed to escape with one arm and followed SMG1 & 2 into the new dimension.
What happened following this is unknown, but he managed to end up in a corrupted cathedral within the Dark Web in the Mushroom Kingdom, where he kidnapped and taken many of the Mario recolors's souls. He is also implied to be the one who both caused the corruption of Dead Memes, and the one who caused SMG3 to crash land in the Mushroom Kingdom.
Zero first impacts the plot at the party by locking SMG3 out of the Internet Graveyard, thus causing all the memes he took with him to the party to become corrupted, forcing the gang to fight them, where they lose inevitably. While most of the gang managed to escape after the fight, Mario, SMG4, SMG3, X and FM are abducted and taken to an abandoned cathedral.
At the cathedral, SMG4, SMG3 and Mario see FM and X being turned into lifeless husks by Zero, and found other lifeless Mario recolors on the cathedral floor. Desperate, they managed to escape from the cathedral, before Mario was then captured by Zero. Trying to find any form of communication, SMG4 and SMG3 ventured into the Dark Web valley, later stealing live-stream equipment for any contact.
Meanwhile, the rest of the gang managed to escape the castle with the help of SMG1 and SMG2, where they were trying to get SMG4's attention to warn them about Zero, and that they had escaped before Zero followed them. SMG1 and SMG2 proceeded to tell how the only way to defeat it is by using a Guardian Pod, the USB that both SMG4 and SMG3 used to arrive in the Mushroom Kingdom. SMG4 realized that he threw his away by mistake, so he claimed that he didn't know where it was. SMG3 then suggested that they use his Guardian Pod, which was still stuck in the field it landed in.
However, SMG4 and SMG3 were kidnapped again, and SMG2 advised them to keep their avatar safe. Back at the cathedral, Zero began to absorbed Mario's life energy, causing SMG4 and SMG3 to shriek in pain. Fortunately, the gang managed to rescue them and with their help, SMG1 and SMG2 contained Zero once and for all. Zero, being contained, produced a black hole sucking SMG1 and SMG2, and Mario, their avatar, was freed.
Soon, the Mario recolors are brought back to life, now living in the established township of Bloopersville. With peace returned, SMG4, along with help from FM and X, decides to form the "Meme Machine" (which is just the three stacked on top of each other, with FM holding a boom mic and SMG4 holding a camera) to cleanse the corrupt memes before giving them back to SMG3.
However, in the epilogue before the credits, the Guardian Pod containing Zero had its anti-virus subscription expired, causing a disturbance in the cathedral. This more likely than not implies that Zero will return.
Zero makes a short appearance (and a few mentions) in SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane, where it had been revealed by Princess Peach that for the past two episodes, SMG4 had not come out of the basement after the events occurring in the 10th year anniversary, most specifically implied to be Zero itself had driven SMG4 to insanity. Mario, after being asked by Peach, ventures down into the basement to see SMG4 making some sort of conspiracy about "the Avatar", and on one of the pictures, Zero is seen in the middle with writing engraved on the board.
Near the end of the episode, a gigantic eye (which is later revealed to be a form of Zero) appears behind the crowd and attempts to corrupt Mario & SMG4 using green binary. After Mario encourages SMG4 by saying "dying is gay", where Zero becomes immediately overpowered before being thrown out by SMG4's innermost spirit.
Zero makes another appearance at the very end of the video, where its eye drone appears right behind SMG3's guardian pod. When Bob Bobowski ignored the expired Anti-Virus Subscription, Zero follows Bob before ominously looking at the viewer before uttering the word Ẅ̴̨̛̦̪̲̲̖̺͖͙͖̞̹͔͎̜́̀̓̈̄̃̓̿͋͌͂͒͝ ̶̞͓́̇͆̍͑̄̌̑͐̈̋͊̚̚͝I̴̳̺͎̬͌ ̵̲̹̜̍̂T̴͇̱͖̃́͌̚͜ ̴̧̗̪̻͓̣̯͔̯͈̙̭̱̫̊͒̕N̸̗̭̳͎̬̈́̏́̿͐͂͑̽͛̍̓̔͋̂͝ ̵̢̦͖̿̒͋͋̔͆͊́̓ͅE̶͓̤̻̙̪͇̗̖̜̽ ̸̳͉͕̎̽́̍̕͝S̶̺̰̖̞̳̮̱̹͔̓ ̸̨̰̼̠̟̘͙͕͈̭̞͖̣̩̓̃Ş̴͍̈́̀͐̏̀́͗̀͘, hinting at Zero returning in another episode.
After SMG4 and Mario discovered the truth of what happened, at the end, Zero's eye can be seen controlling the USB's system into sending his USB, where his full body is kept, across the deserted world of the Toytoy Kingdom supposedly to the Mushroom Kingdom.
After the events of The Other Universe, SMG0's Guardian Pod enters into the Mushroom Kingdom, where it crash lands into a field. Zero's eye drone then forced Professor E. Gadd at knifepoint to build a cloning machine, which creates a mass-production of Shrek clones. After one of these clones kidnapped Mario, SMG4 and Axol gave chase. The Shrek clone was headed to Zero's Guardian Pod, and proceeded to use SMG4's body to gain access and open the door. After Professor E. Gadd screamed for help, Zero's eye drone began rushing into the Guardian Pod, before eventually getting crushed by Mario's foot.
However, since the Guardian Pod door was left open, SMG0 now had an opportunity to wreak havoc. SMG0 attempted to pull Mario into his Guardian Pod, but quick intervention from SMG4 and Axol prevented him from certain death. SMG4 debated with Mario and Axol about ways to get rid of the USB. However, Axol soon pointed out the Guardian Pod had to go berserk and charge towards Mario with Zero in tow. SMG4 luckily got Mario out of the way, but the same could not be said for Axol, who got trapped with Zero. Zero outstretched his finger and touched Axol on the head, causing the axolotl to whiteout and go unconscious.
Meanwhile on the outside, Mario and SMG4 were trying desperately to pry the Guardian Pod open, when all of a sudden it rose up into the air. The Guardian Pod then threw Axol out, and travelled to the top of Peach's Castle. Bob and Swagmaster threw things at it, but to no avail. However, that's not all that happened, as Axol made a speedy recovery. But not everything was as it seemed...
After the events of The Day HE Arrived, it's USB is still on top of the castle. Chris and Swagmaster proceed to try and destroy the USB with a nuke, but Princess Peach prevents them from doing so because this would also blow up her entire castle. Swagmaster manages to kick Peach into a cannon, where she was launched into the sky. When the nuke blew up, the castle was destroyed, but the USB wasn't apparently due to its immunity. Axol, and then Mario were also transported into a toilet with a green glow and binary coming out of it, hinting that SMG0 had used Axol to kidnap Mario.
Upon being transported through the toilet, Mario woke up to find himself inside a series of backrooms, set up by SMG0 to try to get him to the Dark Web. After the avatar encountered SMG4 and SMG3, who also ended up in the area after being sucked through some toilets, SMG0 presumably sent SCP-682 into the area to force the three into an elevator, taking them to the cathedral where they fought him in SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special.
Through his control of Axol, SMG0 welcomed the SMGs and Mario while letting them know that the backrooms were simply a way to get them to the "main event." Despite the axolotl's resistance, SMG0 was able to fully possess Axol and use him to throw SMG4 at SMG3's USB, located inside the cathedral at the time. Subsequently, SMG4 was sucked into the device alongside SMG3 and Mario as the SMG0-controlled Axol grinned maniacally.
SMG0's eyes tortures Mario, SMG4, SMG3 in a mind torture simulation and when they break free, SMG0 finally gets ahold of Mario.
SMG0 held Mario hostage against the guardians, whilst transforming deeper, until he was forced to face off against the force of the gang. Eventually, he managed to gather all of the meme energy to build his universe, and later transformed himself into a gigantic monster.
SMG0, still in Axol's body, brings Mario to the portal in the sky, and SMG1 and SMG2 keep Zero busy while SMG4, SMG3 and the rest of the gang go into the portal to save Mario. However, SMG4 falls into one of the portals, transporting him to a peaceful and calm universe that SMG0 talked about in the previous blooper. However, Zero has made a evil Mario clone to battle the SMG4 gang in many diverse challenges. However, when they come across Zero, the gang and Ax0l fight, with SMG4 and SMG3 using their meme powers to revive Mario and make him large just like they attempted to do while escaping SMG3's Guardian Pod. With this power, Mario is able to fight SMG0, but as soon as Melony comes across Axol in SMG0's dimension again, Melony decides to finally do the unspeakable, and single handedly kill her own boyfriend with the Fierce Deity's Sword, killing Axol, while also destroys SMG0.
Zero originally appeared hidden behind some kind of portal, with a glowing red eye and a blue alien arm. In SMG4: Into the Dark Web, due to the antivirus in SMG3's Guardian Pod, Zero was reduced to a floating eye with a blue and green iris, despite his main body being still trapped in his USB.
In a flashback and SMG4: The Other Universe, it's implied that he had a regular body, but was sealed inside his Guardian Pod when SMG1 used it on him.
More of his appearance is revealed in SMG4: The Day HE Arrived. and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021 revealing that he has a purplish, humanoid body with numerous spines, a mouth with rows of fanged teeth, circular, intercepting horns on top of his head, and a monocular facial appearance, with a giant eye with a crimson sclerae, and a 0-shaped pupil. In addition, he has an open thoracic cage where the lower ribs can be seen as if his lower torso and legs have disintegrated, and his skin is bluish-purplish with missing textures like SMG1 & SMG2. Its possible his body is so corroded because he was exposed to the antivirus program for so long, showing that 10 years of an antivirus on him was not enough to destroy him.
When possessing Axol, Zero initially kept Axol's normal appearance to fool the others. When he was about to capture Mario, SMG3, and SMG4 in SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms, he begins to transform Axol's appearance, giving him Zero’s intercepting horns, sharp interlocking teeth, and pulsing purple gashes surrounding his left eye. As seen in the trailer for WOTFI 2021, Ax0l further transforms into his second mutation to which more closely resembles Zero’s true form. Ax0l's neck caves into and fuses with his collar and gains spikes, textures become missing, and his scarred left eye becomes SMG0's eye. Ax0l's final transformation at the end of SMG4: The Final Piece leads to him growing much larger, losing his lower body and gaining a zero in-between his intercepting horns, very closely resembling SMG0's true form at this point.
Not much is known about SMG0’s past. He was likely one of the many SMGs out there in the multiverse, but as implied by him in SMG4: The Final Pieces, his avatar had died, leading to his universe being completely destroyed, and his body permanently damaged. Likely driven insane by this turn of events, Zero went on a multiversal spree to find a perfect Avatar in order to create a new universe.
|This article, transcript, or section is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
SMG0 is incredibly cataclysmic, incredibly heinous, completely serious and malevolent. For the majority of the Genesis Arc, little was known about SMG0 but he has shown to be patient, calculating and cruel in his plot to destroy the universe, having sent SMG3 to the Mushroom Kingdom instead of the Internet Graveyard to cause chaos and turned all of the Mario recolors into zombie minions.
His actions are heinous enough to heavily disgust Mario, who after seeing firsthand the destruction Zero single-handedly caused in the past, angrily swore to kill it if it showed up again; likely because he empathized with Spudnick, who like him, wasn't very smart but was joyful when going on adventures with his SMG1 and SMG2. Just how much intelligence he has is up to question though as while it is capable of long term planning, He was also unable to distinguish Mario from his many recolors until he finally met Mario in the cathedral along with SMG3 and SMG4. It is possible that his separated arm simply does not have the full intellect of his main body. SMG2's outburst when Spudnick was murdered implies that SMG0 was at least once capable of reason but it appears to no longer be the case.
As Eldritch Axol, more of his personality and motives are revealed. Rather than the completely mindless beast that he was depicted as so far, it seems that his main motivations for his actions are the will to live and to rebuild a universe of his own, and thus he plans to use the memes in Mario's universe to create a new "peaceful" one, with Mario as his new avatar. He isn't afraid to threaten the lives of others to ensure he gets what he wants but is also shown to be capable of getting distracted by weird memes. He also becomes far more talkative after possessing Axol, as while he used to speak very occasionally through single words, he begins speaking in full sentences and very often in SMG4: The Final Piece and sings in the rap battle in WOTFI 2021
- Zombification: Zero can turn Recolored Marios into zombies and control them.
- Flashbacks: Unlike SMG4 and SMG3, Zero does remember his past, and Zero can show Mario his backstory upon utterance of the word "witness".
- Limb control: Zero is able to control limbs in his body. They are able to act under Zero's control even when they are cut off, and retain Zero's abilities. For example, in SMG4: The Other Universe, when Zero was holding the door up to escape from its pod, its arm was cut off in the process and was able to act independent without the main body.
- Life-force absorption: Zero is able to absorb life-force from any being that can even kill the user that had its life-force drained away or control them.
- Possession: With a simple touch, SMG0 is able to take control over any being he desires. He took control of such beings like Axol in SMG4: The Day HE Arrived.
- Teleportation: Zero was able to take Mario, SMG4 and SMG3 back to Dark Web in SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms even though SMG3 was in a entirely different dimension.
- Mutation: Zero can mutate his host's body to resemble his true form. This ability was shown when Axol suddenly mutated infront of SMG4, Mario and SMG3 in SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms.
- It was first seen on Mario during the 10 year incident.
- Guardian Pod Expertise: He knows exactly how to use the Guardian Pods, likely because he was originally an SMG himself.
- Multiplication: As shown in SMG4: MARIOS OKAY, every time someone punches SMG0's eye, the eye multiplicates. A theory is that there can be infinitely many eyes if someone punches them enough times.
- Thought prison: He can mentally interfere people in a world of thoughts, but there is escape from this world with the power of memes.
- Telekinesis: Can levitate 1 or more objects and throw them away.
- Meme Manipulation: He can do this since he was once a normal SMG, except he doesn't need a partner to use this power. He also seems to have power over corrupted memes
- Guardian Pods: Zero has a special allergy to Guardian Pods (even with his own), as they all contain anti-viruses. Unfortunately, if the Guardian Pod has a limited subscription, he will eventually break free.
- Host dependence: If a host he's possessed is killed, Zero will be destroyed along with him/her. (although if James Bailey's comment is anything to go off of, this might not be the case)
- Meme Manipulation: At his full power, one of the few things that can harm him is the power of memes being channelled by two other SMGs. His own meme manipulation power seems to be weaker than the combined strength of two SMGs,
- SMG0 is the third villain whose goal involves trying to kill Mario, The first and second are Enzo and Villager.
- SMG0 has some similarities to Zero from the Kirby franchise' Dark Matter Trilogy:
- Both share the same name.
- Both can take on the form of an eye.
- Both have mysterious backgrounds and seem to live only to destroy.
- Both can possess others, warping their bodies while doing do, with special emphasis on unnatural eyes and teeth (King Dedede, Axol).
- SMG0 may have also been inspired by XANA, the main villain in the French cartoon Code Lyoko, Agent Smith from The Matrix trilogy, Invictus from Final Space and Starro from Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
- All five are viruses who aim to exterminate all life.
- All five are capable of possessing other living creatures.
- All five don’t seem to possess any redeeming qualities, and if they did, they essentially completely lost them in the end.
- Most importantly, all five seek to destroy a certain individual in order to achieve their goals (Mario and Spudnick for SMG0, Aelita for XANA, Neo for Smith, Gary Goodspeed for Invictus and B'wana Beast for Starro.)
- SMG0 may have also been inspired by the Ultra series kaiju Grimdo, as:
- Both were sealed away long ago.
- Both possess god-like powers.
- Both have one eye.
- Both require a host.
- Both have deformed torsos.
- For the first couple of episodes in the Genesis arc, SMG0 was referred to as Zero, with his true name being hinted at until it was practically confirmed in SMG4: The Day HE Arrived. due to multiple uses of his real name. These hints at his true name were:
- SMG1 and SMG2 calling SMG4 and SMG3 "Four" and "Three".
- Like SMG1, SMG2, SMG3, and SMG4, Zero also has a Guardian Pod.
- In the second Meggy stream, after she watched the movie, Meggy believed that Zero's real name is actually SMG0 and that he got corrupted by some kind of power.
- In SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane, an insane SMG4 was about to tell Mario his theory that Zero might actually be SMG0, but was knocked out before he could finish his sentence.
- In SMG4: The Other Universe, Mario just straight up referred to Zero as SMG0.
- Both SMG1 and SMG2 referred to SMG0 as a male, heavily implying SMG0 is a male, yet it hasn't been confirmed as male yet.
- Coincidentially, SMG0 draining the life out of Multi-colored Marios using his long arm is similar to Cursa from Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (announced June 12, 2021) draining the life out Sparks (Luma/Rabbid hybrids) using its long arm.
- The eye drone model is a 3D model of the Eye of Cthulhu from Terraria.
- After SMG0 killed Spudnick, he says "help" for some unknown reason. It is possible that this implies that something horrible happened to Zero in the past and that he is destroying universes for a reason, or he may have been taunting SMG1 & SMG2 over what he had just done.SMG2 says to SMG0 after killing Spudnick 'killing us won't fix what happened to you' suggesting SMG0 does have a motive for destroying universes, though it is unclear what happened to him.
- SMG0 is easily the darkest villain in the series, due to the fact that unlike other dark villains, Francis, he possesses very few comedic moments and also commits far more heinous crimes in multiple omnicides, a length which only Ztar managed to get even slightly close to and even then Ztar has comedic moments as well. He had his first comedic moment in SMG4: MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY MARIOS OKAY, where he first shared the comedic moment while the main characters are mind-controlled. He has another one in SMG4: The Final Piece where he was distracted by an axolotl vine, but it was only brief.
- SMG0 can be also be considered one of the most evil villains, along with Enzo, Francis and Ztar.
- SMG0 is the first arc villain to be an original character with an original model, which also makes SMG0 the first arc villain not to be related to Nintendo in anyway.
- SMG0 is interestingly enough the only SMG to not have a partner as SMG1 and SMG2 shared Spudnick as their avatar and had their appearances based off him, while SMG3 and SMG4 shared Mario as their avatar and had their appearances based off him. It's possible he was made as a prototype.
- SMG0 once had an avatar, but something happened to them. He was also once from a universe that was peaceful and is possibly trying to recreate that universe by turning Mario into his new avatar.
- In the first memories Mario receives from SMG0 in the 10th anniversary movie, SMG0 is seen roaming around an unknown area. It can be seen that this area is covered in fire and walls of binary code, perhaps meaning this world was in the process of being destroyed as it is similar to what happened to Spudnick's universe while it was being destroyed. This is very likely SMG0's universe of origin.
- The image where Axol stares at the screen while being possessed by SMG0 has become a meme.
- In the course of the Genesis Arc, SMG0 took many forms, but it was his hand form that he had made the least use of in this arc.
- According to SMG4: The Final Piece, his ultimate goal is to create a new universe and by extension, to live. This implies that he's been living in constant suffering for his whole existence as a virus.
- His behavior is similar to Giygas from Earthbound, who was not afraid of destroying the universe.
- SMG0's goal for a nice & peaceful life even if he has to destroy everything in his way could be a reference to Yoshikage Kira the main antagonist of Diamond is Unbreakable, although unlike Kira, Zero has no redeeming qualities.
- SMG0's true form is possibly the biggest model Luke & Kevin have ever created.
- SMG0's possessed Axol models are now available to the public on the GMod workshop. It is unknown whether the model of his true form will be available to the public.
- Among the arc antagonists, he is the third arc antagonist not to get redeemed at any point (with the second arc antagonist being SMG3 and the first arc antagonist being Francis) and is also the second arc antagonist to be killed in the end, with the first arc antagonist being Francis.
- SMG0 is the fourth major antagonist of the Glitch Productions brand to die at the end of the story, after Francis, Derek Lucks, and Sir Benedict Cumbersnatch.
- SMG0 is similar to Enrico Pucci the main antagonist of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean with their similar goals of creating a new universe. Though, unlike Pucci, SMG0 hasn't have any positive qualities.
- In a Deltarune Twitch Stream, James Bailey confirmed that "Zero is not done yet", hinting that he is still alive and the possibility that he can return.
- Considering that we have yet to learn his full backstory, it's not unlikely.