|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|
|Not to be confused with SMG1 from Super Mario 64 Bloopers: S.M.G Club..|
|Not to be confused with SMG2 from Ssenmodnar 3.|
MY NAME IS SMG1!
|—SMG1 and SMG2 revealing their names, SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special|
They are a pair of meme guardians who lived in another dimension named Toytoy Kingdom, until they were attacked by Zero. Unlike SMG4 and SMG3, they are not recolors of Mario, but rather of Spudnick, their avatar. Introduced as two weirdos (known as Hobo 1 and Hobo 2 respectively) who worship the number four, it is later revealed that they were really calling out to SMG4 for help. They were sucked into a black hole after using SMG3's Guardian Pod to defeat Zero and save the Mario recolors, leaving their fate unknown until SMG4: MARIOS OKAY, which reveals they are alive.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 History
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Trivia
Both of them are recolors of Spudnick, having short, wide legs, long slender arms, antennas and thin black irises. They wear tawny brown caps with their respective SMG number.
Despite being a recolor of Spudnick, SMG1 is rectangular (with SMG4 describing his appearance as being another Spudnick recolor but "squished in an accident") and taller than his avatar and "sibling" SMG, with a cyan complexion with two antennas. He wears a red scarf and a gray trash can lid worn on his back with a brown belt. After Zero killed Spudnick, his right arm and leg are decayed with their textures being missing.
Unlike his partner, SMG2 is identical to Spudnick, albeit with a yellow complexion. Like Spudnick, he wears a sleeveless hooded onesie with a picture resembling Pepe the Frog with glasses, but it is jungle green instead of caribbean green. After Zero killed Spudnick, the upper-right side of his face and eye are decayed, with their textures being missing
He is the more serious of the two. Initially, he started out as the quiet one while SMG2 did all of the talking until SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special. He always seems to take the leadership role whenever things got hairy.
He is the more playful and energetic of the two. He was shown to have enjoyed playing with Spudnick as seen in SMG4: The Other Universe. Despite this, he can tell if situations are dire and will rarely hesitate to take action when needed.
Powers and Abilities
- Meme Manipulation: As with all SMGs, they can manipulate meme energy and transform them into different objects.
- Superhuman Strength: They may not look powerful at a first glance, but if they do manage to get their hits in, they're strong enough to prevent SMG0 from advancing forward.
Backstory: SMG4: The Other Universe
Before the events of Super Mario 64 Bloopers Short: The Cake Is a Lie!, they once lived in the Toytoy Kingdom with their avatar, Spudnick where they spent having their adventures until one day, Zero appeared and killed him, which marked the end of the universe. Upset about the death of Spudnick while listening to SMG1's advice, SMG2 gets into his truck and saved all of the Newgrounds characters, but after that, before they could even go into their USB stick, Zero appeared and attempts to kill SMG2, but SMG1 arrives using Zero's Guardian Pod to seal Zero away although Zero's hand was cut off but he was able to possess it to chase SMG1 and SMG2. Later, they were seen fighting each other in their pod, when they were being transferred as data from a laptop to a USB resembling their pod, where a man inserted the USB into a port, which they entered the Mushroom Kingdom, where they continued to fight, causing Zero to beam out its orbs into the portal leading to the Internet Graveyard, where it caused SMG3's teleportation to the overworld. They were last seen crashed landed at the footstep of the statue of Christ the Redeemer on top of Mount Brazil.
Meggy tries to take their order, but they end up annoying her so much that she burns down Saiko’s workplace. At the end of the episode, they foreshadowed the movie by saying "the day of reckoning is upon us! worship the almighty four and he shall save you!" not knowing that they just passed Four.
Saiko takes them to their "room", where they eat from the "buffet" which is really the dumpster behind Meggy's house but it doesn't bother them. Again, SMG4 is nearby, but they never realize it.
At the start of the movie, they finally noticed SMG4's presence when he drives by them and insanely follow him, trying to warn them about Zero's appearance, but ended up failing to get his attention. After SMG4 and his buddies get captured, SMG1 and SMG2 uses the car SMG4 and Mario used at the start to rescue rest of the crew and showing who Zero is. At the end, they reveal their names and trap SMG0 inside of SMG3's Guardian Pod to save Mario, SMG3, SMG4, and the Mario recolors, but they get trapped inside as well.
They were seen in a photo. Also, when Mario called himself number one, and Fishy Boopkins says that being number one was better than being number two, the cognitive SMG4s went crazy, due to the earlier reveal that there are more SMGs, and the names of the two that he met happened to be SMG1 and SMG2.
SMG4 created an animated presentation featuring them and showed it to Mario. Wanting to learn more about himself, SMG4 remembered their last request and decided to look for their Guardian Pod as it will explain his origins. He decided to start by finding his own Guardian Pod in the Dark Web, believing that it will give him the Guardian Pod's location, so he brought Mario, Bob Bobowski, Axol, and Melony along to help him. When he found his Guardian Pod and went inside, Mario accidentally activated the "Memory Playback" feature, which revealed what happened during the three Guardian Pods' descent and the location of SMG1 and SMG2's Guardian Pod.
It is revealed in this episode that the pair is alive, and they help SMG3, SMG4 and Mario through SMG0's torture, as well as helping them unlock their meme powers. Once out, the 5 break out of SMG3's Guardian Pod only to find SMG0 waiting for them with all the assembled Guardian Pods and Mario floating in the air along with Axol, who is possessed by Zero, on top of Peach's Castle.
They attempt to fight Zero-possessed Axol and get Zero out of Axol's body, but they failed to do so.
They get captured and almost crushed by Zero until SMG3 And SMG4 save them by using their meme guardian powers. They distract Zero while everyone else goes to the cannon and takes on the challenges. They don't appear again until the rap battle where they help fight Zero with the rest of the gang. Near the end they announce that SMG means Super Meme Guardian and that with The New Universe closed up, the transmuted memes restored, and Zero finally vanquished they have completed their mission and that all that is left for them is to hide the USB's in a place where evil can never find them again.
- SMG4: The Pursuit of Happiness
- SMG4: Mario's Bed and Breakfast
- SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special
- SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane
- SMG4: Into the Dark Web
- SMG4: The Other Universe
- SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms
- SMG4: MARIOS OKAY
- SMG4: The Final Piece
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021
- They have the least amount of appearances of any character on the 10th Anniversary Movie poster.
- As shown in SMG4: Mario's Bed and Breakfast, they eat from the dumpsters, apparently indicating that they have very low standards for food.
- Despite their avatar being dead, SMG1 and SMG2 were able to survive for years, meaning that SMGs can persist after their avatar's death, albeit in a corrupted state.
- It is unlikely that they have anything in common with the Mario recolors who called themselves SMG1 and SMG2.
- The first SMG1's name was actually SuperMegaGangsta1, while the real SMGs are referred to as "Super Meme Guardians", thus proving that there is no connection.
- The other SMG2 is unknown, but he doesn't have any roles aside from a background character.
- Unlike his partner, SMG1 is the only SMG that isn't an identical recolor of their avatar. As Spudnick and SMG2 are round-shaped while SMG1 is block-shaped.
- SMG4 believed that SMG1 looked like a blue Spudnick but he commented that "he looks like he got squished in an accident".
- SMG2's Guardian Pod is currently unseen and it's whereabouts are unknown, as the USB both of them travelled to the mushroom Kingdom in is SMG1's.
- It's possible they share a guardian pod.
- Their Garry's Mod ragdolls along with those of SMG0 and Spudnick were officially released on the Garry's Mod Workshop on September 16, 2021.
- SMG1 and SMG2 are the first surviving characters introduced in an arc to not be series mainstays.
- It's unknown whether they truly left the Mushroom Kingdom because they seemingly have nowhere else to go, it could be possible they are now living in another area in the Mario 64 Universe or somehow entered a different universe that we haven't seen.
- both of them have similar usbs with SMG4 and SMG3