|Not to be confused with the series and the channel of the same name, Beeg SMG4, Long SMG4, or his real life self as a character.|
|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
C'mon daddy, give me a new pair of memes!
|—SMG4, SMG4: The Grand Festival|
SuperMarioGlitchy4 (SMG4 for short, or Glitchy in Mario in Real Life!? and the rap battle in War of the Fat Italians 2017, real name Luke Lerdwichagul) (born May 24, 1999) is one of the two main protagonists (alongside Mario) of the SMG4 series.
He is predominantly a Super Mario 64 machinimist, Mario's closest ally (rival in the War of the Fat Italians series), the de facto of his gang, and the arch-enemy of SMG3. He also uses material from Minecraft, Garry's Mod, and other media. SMG4 devotes a lot of his time to making these videos, usually uploading a new video every weekend, and sometimes accepts works such as fanart from his channel's viewers and subscribers. In his videos, he often uses quotes, music, and other stuff from other famous YouTubers like PewDiePie and Smosh as well as from movies, video games, memes, or TV shows. He is also the oldest original character in the series.
SMG4 heavily practices self-insertion, as he usually appears as a blue and white lookalike of Mario. From his debut, SMG4's character has been passionate and protective of his work; that aside, he seems to play the sane man who is often annoyed or shocked by Mario's crazy, flamboyant idiocy. Despite this, they are friends in most videos, especially in the recent ones.
After The YouTube Arc, SMG4 saw notable decrease in appearances alongside Meggy Spletzer (although her appearances skyrocketed later on), Tari, and Shroomy which demoted him a bit to a supporting character. He completely disappeared from SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND to SMG4: If Mario Was In... Cyberpunk 2077, where he only made a small cameo. At this point in time, his only major appearances are usually in the episodes where all the SMG4's Gang members are present.
Overview of SMG4
As years of adventures went by, SMG4 was friends with various Youtubers and fellow SM64 machinimists such as Starman3 and Nintendofan997, however he started growing distant from them ever since the mid seasons. More characters join the main cast and his Gang, namely Fishy Boopkins, Bob Bobowski, Meggy Spletzer, and Tari, thus the classic members of the roster (generally the more regular characters originally from Nintendo's "Super Mario" franchise) have decreased in appearances.
As one of the three main protagonists of the Waluigi Arc, he and Mario fought through both T-Pose Outbreaks orchestrated by the rejection-powered Waluigi. After being forced to play challenges in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2018, Tari sets them and the rest of the T-Pose Zombies free from the tyrant's wrath, initiating a rap battle. To conclude the arc, Wario reconciled with Waluigi with SMG3's aid. Shortly afterwards, he and the rest of the gang were betrayed and humiliated by Bob when he pursued his rapping career in the Rapper Bob Arc. Saiko Bichitaru succours them by defeating Bob with a disclosing diss track. During SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing, Bob redeems himself and makes harmony with the group.
From SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation onwards, he is given original voice lines by Luke Lerdwichagul, being his counterpart in real life. When the Anime Crisis arose in the Anime Arc, SMG4 joins the Anime Secret Service in disposing anime across the Mushroom Kingdom, only to realise that it's banishing Saiko. He and his friends associate themselves with the manga artist Axol, and together they convince Princess Peach Toadstool to lift the oppression against anime. In an immediate aftermath, Meggy and her fellow inklings are kidnapped by Francis and the Anime Cartel. SMG4's Gang join in on the Battle of Anime Island, losing a short-term yet pivotal ally Desti in the process. From the arc onwards, Axol remains as a member of the cast.
With his role as the deuteragonist of the YouTube Arc, with Mario, SMG4 gets into a clash with SMG3, destroying his Snitch Productions studio. The latter then formed an Anti-Cast, being a parallel to SMG4's Gang. SMG4 was sent to the Internet Graveyard in SMG4: Deleted due to SMG3 altering the events of his debut in Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Account Loss, having Mario kick him out. However, he and his friends were rescued by Mario in SMG4: A Totally Normal S̷͍͖͉̙͚͎̑̃̿͑̆̇̚͠M̸͇͇̦̮̌̿Ğ̴̫̗̖͎͔̳4̶̞͇̰̎̀́̚ Episode. By the end of SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, he and his friends defeated SMG3, and have Youtube CEO Susan Wojcicki banish him to the Internet Graveyard as punishment. Hereinafter, the former Anti-Cast are allies of the gang.
SMG4, much like any SM64 machinimist, is pretty much identical to Mario, including attire, albeit he differentiates this by wearing a blue shirt and hat, and white overalls, but keeps white gloves and brown boots. He, however, has been noted to have different hair, which either differs between silver anime girl hair in pigtails or slick spiky black hair (in reference to his hair in real life).
Well? Didn't l tell ya? Isn't it great?
|—SMG4 asking Mario about the collab, only to get punched by the annoyed plumber, SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!|
Goddamn it, Mario!
|—SMG4 reacting angrily to Mario's foolish decisions.|
SMG4 acts as the only sane man at the castle in the earlier episodes, constantly having to bear the burden of having many friends with petty and idiotic activities. He dislikes Mario’s stupidity, Luigi childishness, Toad’s grumpy behavior, Peach’s bossiness, Fishy Boopkins’ naivety, and Bob’s selfishness. However, he himself is occasionally no better than his friends in terms of actions, as he somehow idiotically fell for one of Wario's and Waluigi's scams (they tricked him into buying one million rocks with the promise of making his videos funnier) and even asked for pineapple on a pizza, to which Bowser claimed he has a mental disability to the pizzeria, much to his sadness. He is very protective of his work, constantly refusing to play games with his friends to make bloopers. In fact, he goes so far to the point of beating his friends up should they touch his things, making him a completely anti-social and lazy person.
He also tricks his friends to go through weird situations, either to teach them life lessons and make them smarter, (High School Mario, Mario University) or for his own benefit (The Mario Hustle). SMG4 is also boastful and stubborn, such as mocking Mario for losing for the 20th time in a row in Super Smash each other in the ass Brothers, claiming he is horrible at gaming, showing him to be a sore loser. Despite his flaws, he nevertheless has friendly moments and will sometimes do actions for benevolent purposes.
However, his appearances in earlier episodes up until Season 2 are nothing like his modern days. He had a massive dislike of Mario, was somewhat racist (as shown in his first appearance), and was just as immature as Mario. After Season 2, he became more mature but also quite vain. In Spaghetti Law., he lied to the judge about what caused a man to eat poisoned spaghetti (SMG4 put the poison into the spaghetti to prank Mario) out of fear of being arrested, was a meme dealer, and did other morally questionable choices.
- Meme Dealing: In MarioTube 2, it was revealed that SMG4 was an illegal meme dealer, discovered by Luigi. He, however, was not arrested until Mario Preschool.
- Using Confiscated Things and Hijacking: In Spaghetti Law., when spaghetti, Mario's favorite food was banned from the Mushroom Kingdom, both SMG4 and Mario tried to bring it back by hijacking a truck filled with the dish.
- Stealing and Murder: In 0% of Spaghetti, Mario and SMG4 stole spaghetti from a man and blew his house up, taking the man with it.
- Home invasion: In the same episode, he along with Mario, broke into the man's house.
- Assault: In Mario's Late!, he attacked SMG3 for getting awarded and also for taunting him.
- Illegal Operations: In the Anime Arc, SMG4 defected from the Anime Secret Service and became part of the Anime Cartel, a criminal organization that illegally smuggled anime into the Mushroom Kingdom following its banning. After Peach lifted the ban, SMG4's charges were dropped.
- Stealing Money: He was willing to help Mario steal money to fix Peach's castle in SM64 Guides: How to Get dem Coins., under the guise "the Wallet Inspector".
- Attempted Internet Takeover/Attempted Murder: This is, by far, SMG4's most severe crime to date. In SMG4: Lord Of The Memes, he created the Ultimate Meme, and whoever has it can control the Internet. When Bob, Mario, Luigi, and Fishy Boopkins went to go destroy the USB drive containing the Ultimate Meme, SMG4 attempted to kill them and reclaim it.
- Superhuman Strength: SMG4 is almost as strong as Mario, being able to punch and throw people very far away, an example of which being at the end of the rap battle in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, where he kicked SMG3 into the street below so hard, it resulted in a crater. However, he cannot physically lift as many things as Mario can.
- Meme Bomb: In 2 MILLION FAN COLLABERATION SPECIAL! (SSENMODNAR), SMG4 created a gigantic ball of energy by gathering energy from internet memes (similar in concept to the Spirit Bomb technique from Dragon Ball). It has enough power to destroy the entire surrounding area of Peach's Castle, turning it into a charred wreck.
- Superhuman Durability: Like his friends, he has survived almost all of the abuse his enemies inflict him with. An example of this being in War of the Fat Italians, which had one the challenges being to pronounce Susan’s last name. With each failure, SMG4 was horribly tortured, including being set on fire, crushed, beaten up, and blown to smithereens.
- Sub-Zero Temperature Tolerance: At the end of 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION! and War On Beeg SMG4, SMG4 appeared in space (which has a fatal temperature) without any protective garments.
- Vaccuum Adaption: As shown above, SMG4 shows no signs of pressure when in Outer Space.
I LIVE IN A WORLD OF MULTICOLORED MARIOS ._.
|—SMG4's original YouTube Channel slogan|
My YouTube animation channel is what you get when you cross Nintendo with stupid ass memes.
|—SMG4's second YouTube Channel slogan|
WHAT IS UP! My channel is what you get when you cross Nintendo and stupid ass memes.
|—SMG4's third YouTube Channel slogan|
I make stupid Mario animations.
|—SMG4's fourth YouTube Channel slogan|
SMG4 is an animated show by Glitch Productions following Mario going on stupid adventures!
|—SMG4’s fifth YouTube Channel slogan|
Want to watch a light-hearted meme-filled story about Mario going on dumb adventures? Go checkout SMG4.
|—SMG4's sixth YouTube Channel slogan|
I make animated videos of Mario and random losers going on dumb adventures 🍝
|—SMG4's current YouTube Channel slogan|
- SMG4 joined YouTube on February 13, 2009, although he didn't post a video until May 7, 2011. Most likely due to only being 9–10 years old at the time, hence not having any idea of how to make videos.
- However in a hobo bros video, Luke (A.K.A SMG4) said that there where some videos he uploaded before May 7, 2011. but he deleted them.
- In-universe, SMG4 hates spaghetti, which is referenced in Super Mario University. However, he likes spaghetti in real life.
- He was 21 years old (at the time).
- His favorite game was Super Mario 64.
- His favorite non-Mario game was Team Fortress 2.
- His favorite food is spicy rice and chicken.
- The bloopers he had the most fun making were the Ssenmodnar series.
- The song that best described him the most is Justin Bieber's "Baby".
- SMG4 would live underwater in a magical place full of ponies and Teletubbies. This was strange because he said he doesn't like Teletubbies in 0% of Spaghetti, and he is often scared of them in his bloopers.
- In-universe, SMG4 didn't like school.
- SMG4 was pretty "demented" as a child, just playing games.
- SMG4 has a look-alike character alongside Wario and Waluigi in The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! episode, Plumber's Academy.
- His video Who Let The Chomp Out? accumulated more than 10 million views in just 7 months. It still remains as his most popular video today with over 54 million views.
- Said video also got a sequel called Who let the chomp out...AGAIN!?.
- It is implied in several bloopers that SMG4 might actually be gay, or at least bisexual. This is most strongly evidenced by a major scene in Mushroom Wars: That Space Part 2, where SMG4 (playing Obi-Wan Kenobi) not only takes Mario (playing Luke Skywalker), Luigi (playing C3PO), and R2-D2 to a gay bar, but he is approached by a naked man saying that his "butt had gotten bigger since the last time he was there". However, in Ssenmodnar 6.64 (100k Special QnA Edition), he stated he was not gay.
- SMG4 was originally a major character in Seasons 1 and 2 before becoming a main character.
- According to Mario goes to DIDNEY WORL, SMG4 hates his first blooper.
- SMG4's color code may be based on the color skin for Player 4 in the minigame Mario Bros. Battle in the Super Mario Advance series. But he recently stated in his second channel Hobo Bros that it's actually just random colors he chose.
- In Ssenmodnar 6.64 (100k special QnA Edition), SMG4 stated that MegaMan765's SM64 Bloopers were (probably) what inspired him to start making bloopers himself.
- SMG4 has watched some YouTube Poops of his bloopers, most of them were by nationoforanges696, and liked and commented on them.
- SMG4's birthday is on May 24 and is 21 years old; meaning he was born on May 24, 1999.
- He's the most subscribed SM64 Machinimist/blooper maker on YouTube.
- He appears in the fan-made game Super Smash Bros. Lawl as a playable character.
- MarioMario54321 made him a protagonist in his new movie Back to the Fourth Dimension (The Rainbow Colonies).
- When SMG4 first made his channel, he named it "supermarioglitchy4" before eventually shortening the name in 2014.
- SMG4 supposedly has some alt accounts, although he never actually reveals them, although one is TheAwesomeMario.
- SMG4 finally showed his Real-Life Appearance in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and Mario in Real Life?!?!, proving he is indeed the man from the end of Da Glitch.
- SMG4 has never drank beer in his life, except for on his 21st.
- SMG4's favorite Mario game other than SM64 is Super Fat Mario as stated in his Q&A video.
- In Prisoners, one of the drinks in the video is Solo, an Australian drink, referencing the country he lives in.
- His archenemy is SMG3, similar to Bowser (formerly) being Mario's archenemy.
- According to SMG4 at E3 2017, he doesn't like to play the XBOX 360.
- SMG4 has been featured multiple times in the VS show Cartoon Fight Club. Some of his opponents have been SML Mario, Jeffy, ExplodingTNT, and TheOdd1sOut, and he has won against all of them effortlessly.
- Starting in Mario's Illegal Operation, SMG4 now has his own voice clips, done by Luke Lerdwichagul (voice actor of SMG4).
- His color code is extremely similar to Stanley, the protagonist of Donkey Kong Land III.
- Although not shown, SMG4 seems to own an in-universe version of his production company, shown in him trying to come up with ideas during New Year and him making memes.
- Judging by the War Of The Fat Italians series' titles, this version of SMG4 might be of Australian-Italian nationality.
- He has 2 Yoshi forms in super mario 64 bloopers: race for golden overalls (green and pink).
- He has a degree in memes, starting from SMG4: Mario University.
If you want to learn more about or talk to SMG4, you can use the following links to view his accounts/pages on other wikis:
- SMG4's YouTube channel
- SMG4 on Twitter
- SMG4's official Facebook page (aka Supermarioglitchy4's magical land of hobos)
- SMG4 on the MarioMario54321 Wiki
- SMG4 on the Official YouTube Rangers Wiki
- SMG4's WikiTubia Page
- SMG4 on the Super Smash Bros. Lawl Wiki
- SMG4's Famous Birthdays page
- SMG4's Soundboard on 101 Soundboards dot com
- SMG4 on reddit