SMG4: Food Wars is the thirty-fifth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and ninetieth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on September 12, 2020.
The SMG4 crew have a war of EPIC & TASTY proportions.
In SMG4's room, Mario and SMG4 were ordering pizza from Giovanni's, in which they later picked it up. Meanwhile, Tari showed a lollipop to Meggy she got from a Gnome, where Meggy initially did not want to eat it, but became excited upon trying it.
When SMG4 and Mario came back from Giovanni’s, Peach went off on another holiday, in which Mario and SMG4 high-fived each other. The excitement however was tipped off by Peach, warning them not to throw a party. As Peach left, the boys and the girls took the advantage of her absence to throw a party anyway.
At the food party, a dispute grows over Shroomy (on behalf of Mario) and Meggy, over what food should be put on the table. As the dispute gets more tension, more people rallied over to their preferred choice of food, eventually getting into a shouting match. As Mario saw what was going on, he attempted to solve the dispute, however in a biased way as he kicked away Meggy's candy.
This made Meggy very angry, attempting to kill Mario by cutting him with a chainsaw. Soon after, SMG4 declared a food war, with the candy faction eventually gaining control of the foyer with the table, with the pizza faction retreating to the clock room.
A day later, Team Pizza plans on getting the payload of pizza to the foyer, where they would eventually regain control. However, during the journey, they were ambushed by Team Candy at the second floor (as Meggy spied on them), who tried to hold them off, but eventually lost as Meggy knocked Whimpu and the payload to the foyer, knocking down the returning Peach covering her with pizza and candy.
Mario and Meggy head to the foyer and recoil as they notice Peach. The rest of the gang head downstairs and notice her too. There is silence in the foyer for a few seconds. Angry at the gang for throwing a party, Peach transformed into Saxton Hale and brutally attacks them so they can learn a "lesson". Mario (who thought of an opportunity to get revenge on her for what happened a week ago) and Meggy (who saw her as some sort of a crude and demanding boss) decided to take her down, with the help of their friends, who are now united. Peach is soon defeated and receives her comeuppance for her selfishness, and the gang celebrated their victory, with Mario and Meggy reconciling. However, as Bowser came running late with Chinese food, tension grows again as Mario and Meggy charge after him. The episode ends with Bowser screaming.
- SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys: The sequel to that previous episode, after Mario was punished off-screen by Peach for failing to get a new crown for her in that episode, he got his revenge with the help of his friends.
- SMG4: Boys vs Girls: As the two teams prepare to fight, Mario mentions that the scenario is just like this episode. However, Saiko and Belle then point out to him that while they’re girls, they're fighting alongside him.
- Easter 2016: The Explosive Easter Hunt.: Luigi's love for candy is brought up.
- This is a second blooper that Mario and Luigi Appear in separate Teams along with the SMG4's Gang, The first blooper is Mario's Hell Kitchen.
- This marks the first full episode with Meggy's new voice actor, Lizzie Freeman.
- Innuendo: In this blooper, the word "Get that motherf*cker" was uncensored.
- This is Bowser's first appearance in the flesh since SMG4: Deleted, and his first speaking role since S̶M̶G̶4̶: I Can't Believe It's Not SMG4!.
- By technicality, Tari is the catalyst for the entire plot, as had she not introduced Meggy, who would end up leading Team Candy, to the food category, she would not have ended up challenging Mario's idea of having pizza as the main food for the party.
- As revealed in this episode, Axol's scarred redesign from SMG4: The Internet Graveyard may be permanent, similar to Meggy's appearance and voice.
- This is also Axol's first major role since SMG4: The Internet Graveyard.
- Despite having a major role in the episode, he only has one line.
- This also marks his first appearance since SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, showing that he has finally recovered form his insanity, but with his Inkweaver still broken, he is now unable to bring anime to life.
- This is the fifth Season 10 episode to not have a variable opening, after SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny, SMG4: SSENMODNAR - 3,826,412 SUB SPECIAL, SMG4: Stupid Mario Arcade and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020.
- This episode was uploaded on the same day SML Movie: Cody Meets Harry! was released. Both videos consider people fighting to see who is better.
- This is the first full video to have Anti-Cast's members be protagonists, with the exception of JubJub Boopkins, Melony and Rob, who started off as protagonists.
- Team Fortress 2: The battle scene is reminiscent of the Payload and Control Point modes in the game.
- Bill & Ted: After Mario & SMG4 order pizza, the sound clip of Bill & Ted saying "Excellent!" is heard.
- When Rob the Scarecrow is humping Bob's candy corn, he says "demonitised" instead of "demonetized/demonetised".
- In YouTube, "demonetized" means when videos or channels lose their ability to earn advertising income. This is often due to changes in YouTube's advertising algorithm. It's a simple two-step process: YouTube updates its algorithm. Videos are removed from their Account Monetization program.