SMG4: If Mario Was AMONG US... is the thirty-seventh episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and ninety-second overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the eighteenth episode of the If Mario was in series. It was aired on September 26, 2020.
As the castle was going under repairs, a group of five Crewmates came along to help (with one Impostor trying to kill the others, for a total of six). However, Mario was forgotten and trapped inside. Mario then met Green Crewmate, who Mario thought he resembled his brother Luigi. After some talking, Mario went out to discover the corpse of the Purple Crewmate, prompting a meeting to decide who was the impostor among them. As they were arguing about who killed Purple, Brown noticed that the Blue Crewmate wasn’t saying anything during the meeting, so he pointed it out. Blue now was trying to give his opinion. However, Mario thought he was the imposter and forced the Blue Crewmate out to space, but he was not the imposter.
Mario and the Crewmates continue their work, with Mario protecting Green at all costs, even ignoring the ghost of Purple Crewmate who tried to tell him who the impostor was. Mario then later met a baby Purple Crewmate (who witnessed his owner, Purple, dying with him trying to comfort him saying that it was ok), but Mario though he was another imposter and shot him into space. Later, Mario suspected Red Crewmate to be the impostor due to him eating breakfast and called an emergency meeting. Due to the lack of evidence though, it was just a waste of time.
After the meeting, Mario was still with the Green Crewmate but noticed that there was an opened vent in the room and asked Green if Princess Peach installed vents in the castle but Green did not know as Barack Obama jumped out of the water and bit into his head.
Mario and Green next move to a different room to wipe the mirror walls, but electricity was cut off, forcing Mario to head over to the basement, and when he turned it back on, he found the Yellow Crewmate decapitated. Suspecting the Red Crewmate again (this time due to the fake blood on his suit), he later managed to kick him out, but he was not the imposter. He then later suspected the remaining Crewmates, in which the Brown Crewmate tries to convince Mario to vote for Green, reminding him that Green was standing on the body when it was discovered and that he was also the one in the room with the open vent. Mario then points a gun at Green and almost shoots him. But then, Mario found a hole in Brown's logic: how could he have known that Green was in the room with the vent unless he was in the ventilation shafts? The Brown Crewmate then had a violent flashback of killing and deceiving the other Crewmates. He kicked Mario's gun away and grabs it, saying he didn't want to kill them, exposing himself as the Impostor. He then began a chase against Green and Mario.
Mario and Green ran into a room and barricaded the door so Brown wouldn’t get in. Unfortunately, there was a vent in the room they were in and Brown used it to get in the room and slammed into Mario, Mario really loved that and wanted Brown to do it again, but as soon as the imposter pulled out a knife, Green pushed him away but Brown came back up and chased Mario into a different room.
Mario reached into the open vent room as was Brown who was in the same room. Mario tried to run but Brown was mirroring his movements, however, Brown pulls up Mario's gun and tries to shoot him causing Mario to go into the vent that was open as he escapes to the front room of the castle. Mario then tries to be sneaky but gets scared by the Green Crewmate who comes out a room, Mario is overjoyed to see him and tells him a plan to stop the imposter.
Brown finally comes to the front room as Mario is setting up a shop where one would stab green people, the three people that are in the shop are Dipsy (the green Teletubby), a green Fall Guy, and a man who was wearing a green bodysuit. Brown then kills all three of these people in various ways and as soon as he was done killing the trio, he stares at Mario who runs up the stairs into the clock room.
The chase carried on to the room with the clock, where Mario and the Green Crewmate tricked him by using a couch cushion that was painted green as a decoy, and slapping him into a wall after disarming him. However, the imposter's true form was also exposed, revealing to be a Xenomorph. As the Xenomorph tried to eat Mario, he was later finished by the Green Crewmate as he performed the American Cup Song and has him get shot, then he gets shot out of space as he is the imposter.
After sending the Xenomorph out to space, they celebrated, until Luigi shows up. As Mario thought Green Crewmate was his brother Luigi, he sends the real Luigi to outer space, thinking him as another impostor, ending the blooper.
- Among Us Crewmates
- Purple Crewmate, Yellow Crewmate, Green Bodysuit, Green Fall Guy, and Dipsy were all killed by the Xenomorph Impostor.
- Blue, Red, and Baby Purple (because of Mario solely) Crewmates are launched into space via false accusations.
- Xenomorph (Brown Crewmate imposter) was shot by the Green Crewmate and launched into space.
- Luigi is also launched into space after Mario and Green think he is another imposter.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 1:35 - Piranha Plant Lullaby, Super Mario 64
- 1:40 - ???
- 2:04 - ???
- 2:21 - ???
- 2:37 - ???
- 2:51 - Dead Body Reported, Among Us
- 2:54 - ???
- 3:30 - ???
- 4:20 - Dire Dire Docks, Super Mario 64
- 4:32 - Touch, Mattia Cupelli
- 4:50 - ???
- 4:58 - ???
- 5:17 - ???
- 5:40 - ???
- 6:34 - Dead Body Found A - Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
- 6:43 - ???
- 7:12 - ???
- 8:11 - ???
- 9:09 - ???
- 9:20 - ???
- 9:39 - ???
- 9:47 - ???
- 10:13 - ???
- 10:29 - ???
- 11:06 - ???
- 11:08 - ???
- 11:08 - Victory,Among Us
- This is the first If Mario Was In... episode not to take place at the game's location. Instead, events unfold at Peach's Castle.
- This is also the first episode to not include "In" on the title. This was done to create the joke that there is a Mario among us (the crewmates).
- The synopsis where it states that Mario is "sus" is a reference that in the actual game, players often call a person "sus" as a short for suspect and suspicious which by the game community, is often used as a meme to eject the person in question.
- Despite being dumb, Mario was able to figure out who the imposter was, instead of Green.
- The Crewmates' voice actors consist of the crew working for the SMG4 series, including Luke Lerdwichagul (Green), Kevin Lerdwichagul (Red), James Bailey (Brown), and Jasmine Yang (Yellow).
- Brown is Voiced by James Bailey, who also voices SMG3.
- Toad uses one of his renders from his wiki page.
- This is the fifth video of Season 10 to be devoid of modern major characters. The first four are SMG4: Bowser Loses Custody Of His Children, SMG4: If Mario Was In Animal Crossing, SMG4: Mario's Spicy Day 🔥, and SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys.
- There are many foreshadows to Brown being the imposter.
- Brown being the imposter is foreshadowed by him accusing Blue and Red of being the imposter, as well as his unnatural nonchalance to the situation.
- Brown can be spotted at 2:49 behind Mario despite not being here in a normal way.
- This is the sixth blooper of Season 10 to lack a variable opening, after SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny, SMG4: SSENMODNAR - 3,826,412 SUB SPECIAL, SMG4: Stupid Mario Arcade, SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, and SMG4: Food Wars.
- Mario saying red is a stupid color is ironic, as he wears red himself.
- The Among Us Crewmate models were all from Lenoax Among Us: Suit P.M. and Ragdoll
- The choice of Brown being a Xenomorph is an allusion to the fact that in the actual description of the game, the impostor is supposed to be an alien "parasitic shapeshifter".
- Both Luke Lerdwichagul and Kevin Lerdwichagul have released a director's commentary for this episode on the Hobo Bros channel. It can be viewed here. According to them:
- When Mario first noticed the Green Crewmate and thought he was Luigi, Luigi's face was supposed to be derped.
- Brown being in the room at 2:49 was supposed to happen after Brown walked into the room but the scene was cut.
- A scene where Mario realized Red was behind him and quickly leaped towards the other two Crewmembers's direction. Due to Luke accidentally deleting the audio cues, he had no idea of what the scene was supposed to convey and hence, cut it out of the video.
- Crewmates cannot go through vents, meaning that in Among Us, only impostors can. However, Mario isn't supposed to be part of the game, so he's perfectly capable of traveling through the vents and he and Green still wins when the impostor was ejected.
- The music used during Purple Baby's flashback was muted likely to avoid a copyright strike.
- Among Us: Parody of this game where at least one player (two or three) becomes an imposter and their goal is to kill all crewmates without being identified and lie that they're not the impostor while other players as crewmates do tasks, report dead bodies and look for the Imposter and eliminate them.
- Alien: Near the end of the blooper, Brown crewmate imposter transforms into a Xenomorph alien.
- Danganronpa: When Yellow's body was found it played the same music & visuals as all the body discoveries in the series.