SMG4: If Mario Was In.... Friday Night Funkin is the twelfth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and eighteenth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the twentieth episode of the If Mario was in... series and the episode related to Genesis Arc. As the title suggests, the video is based on the 2020 rap game Friday Night Funkin by Newgrounds. It was aired on April 10, 2021.
Mario raps for his life.
Mario goes to a theater to attend his Spaghetti Lovers Club. However, all he could find was the Boyfriend engaged in a rap battle with Daddy Dearest in an attempt to woo his daughter, the Girlfriend. When he lost after Mario falls into him, the Boyfriend decided to teach Mario on rapping, upon realizing the Girlfriend was the president of that club.
With his new skills, he faced off Daddy Dearest, in which he won. As Daddy Dearest refused to lose to him, he decided to call his gang over, prompting Mario to call his own too. The gangs then later engaged themselves in a rap battle, in which:
- Luigi manages to defeat Mom in MILF. After Luigi defeats her, Mom gets ran over by a truck.
- Chris rants over Swagmaster's lyrics, making Skid and Pump forfeit the battle.
- Bob roasts Monster after he taunted them.
- SMG4 and Mr. Krabs has a rap battle, killing Krabs somehow.
- Mario beating Ballistic, overpowering Whitty.
After that, he battle was over, and Daddy Dearest, overpowered, passed out, in which the spirit of PaRappa the Rapper was freed. SMG4 was confused, badly. With that over, Mario could now enjoy his Spaghetti Lovers Club with the Girlfriend. But SMG4 was still confused about what was going on.
- Moe Szyslak
- Stanley S. SquarePants
- Old Man Hobo
- Luigi Dolls
- Yellow Crewmate
- Beeg SMG4
- PaRappa the Rapper
Opening advertisement only
- SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2: The sequel to this blooper.
- Mom got ran over by a truck.
- Mr. Krabs got killed by SMG4's rap song.
- Whitty fricking exploded.
- 2:31 - Friday Night Funkin' - Fresh
- 4:04 - Friday Night Funkin' - Tutorial
- 4:25 - Friday Night Funkin' - Madness [Tricky Mod]
- 7:58 - Friday Night Funkin' - M.I.L.F
- 8:58 - Friday Night Funkin' - Spookeez
- 9:38 - Friday Night Funkin' - Winter Horrorland
- 10:55 - washy - Krabbattle
- 11:51 - Friday Night Funkin' - Ballistic [Whitty Mod]
- 13:37 - Pizza And Pasta song (Funiculì, Funiculà)
- On the thumbnail, it has three dots after the word "in" but in the video title, it has four.
- This is Chris Gordman and Swagmaster6969696969's first appearances since SMG4: Stupid Bowser's Fury.
- Out of the bosses shown in the episode, only four (five if either Skid or Pump is counted as separate) are actual bosses.
- Pico, Senpai (or Spirit in the song Thorns), and Tankman are the only bosses who don't appear in the episode. However, some of Pico’s songs can be heard in the background of the video. Also, Senpai's transformation into Spirit is referenced by Daddy Dearest.
- Tankman was not in the actual game at the time of this episode's release.
- However, Pico, Senpai and Tankman appeared in SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2
- Whitty is actually from a popular fan mod made by KadeDev.
- The Monster in the episode is voiced by Luke Lerdwichagul, with his voice's pitch digitally lowered.
- This episode was used to make the mod with Mario inserted in the game, giving footage for the rap battles. It's the first episode of If Mario was in... that uses footage of the original game since SMG4: If Mario was in... Deltarune.
- FM confirmed on his Twitter that the SMG4 FNF mod will be released publicly, with Weegeepie's help in fixing minor bugs.
- Excluding the opening advertisement, this is the first video since SMG4: Perfectly Balanced. to not feature Meggy Spletzer or allude to Sunset Paradise in some way.
- In the opening advertisement, we see SMG4’s new room setup.
- This was the fastest SMG4 episode to exceed 10 million views, doing so in 13 days.
- On SMG4's Discord server, FM said that Swagmaster's rap, being a huge "ur mom" joke, was his idea.
- There are hints that Daddy Dearest gets his singing skills by absorbing PaRappa's spirit.
- In the opening, PaRappa is heard. While one can believe it's a couch gag, it hints that PaRappa indeed has a role in the episode.
- Daddy Dearest's singing skills when he's performing to Lo-Fight is rather laughable, implying he's not talented in the first place.
- Before Luigi and Mommy Mearest square off, she crushes her microphone with her high heel boots, however in the next shot it's back in her hand.
- Friday Night Funkin: The entire episode is based around on the 2020 rhythm game from Newgrounds, which grew popular around the internet.
- PaRappa the Rapper: The opening in the SMG4 intro is the character PaRappa the Rapper (from the titular game) saying his catchphrase "I gotta believe!", likely referencing that the protagonists Boyfriend and PaRappa are rappers in rhythm games (Friday Night Funkin' and PaRappa The Rapper respectively). In addition to that, PaRappa appears as a cameo in this video.