SMG4: If Mario Was In... Cyberpunk 2077 is the forty-eighth episode of Season 10 and the six-hundred and third overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on December 12, 2020.
Mario and Keanu Reeves go on a Cyberpunk adventure 😎
As Mario's Uber accidentally took him to Night City in northern California, Mario wandered around a crime-ridden area, until he met Johnny with his pet, Eggdog. Suddenly, Arasaka Corporation mercenaries and its CEO Hideo showed up, kidnapping Eggdog because Hideo wanted to make a game based on it, called Nintendogs 2077. Angered, Johnny teams up with Mario to find and defeat Hideo at Arasaka Tower.
As preparation, Johnny had his gang the Cybertubbies perform surgery on Mario, giving him a metal moustache. As Johnny tried to convince the Cybertubbies, the Night City Police Department, led by Hal, calls an arrest on the gang for embezzlement and illegal Tubby Custard dealings, in which Mario created Ms. Monitor to distract Hal while allowing him, Johnny and the Cybertubbies to escape.
Retreating to a nightclub, the authorities managed to track them down, but not before Mario uses his new ability, hacking, to take down the police robots with horrible music. As Hal was about to kill Johnny for shooting Ms. Monitor, Mario was able to hack Hal into taking down those who does legal things. The incident was convincing enough for the Cybertubbies to join Johnny and Mario to take down Hideo.
Arriving at the lobby of Arasaka Tower, they were confronted by the elite guards, The Animals, who they killed the Cybertubbies. However, with Mario's hacking abilities and Johnny's combat skills, they were killed. Meeting Hideo at his office, Hideo transformed into Steven Armstrong, overpowering Johnny. However, Mario's hacking managed to turn Johnny into a deformed version of John Wick, who instantly defeated Armstrong, with Mario helping by playing a Poké Flute (that Hideo dropped) which causes Eggdog's head to elongate, hitting Armstrong in the head. With Armstrong defeated, Armstrong turns back into original Hideo, Johnny turns back into his regular self, promising Mario to take him back to Mushroom City, driving him in a Tesla Cybertruck. Seeing the cybertruck driving off, Hideo was forced to delay Nintendogs 2077.
- Hatsune Miku
- PaRappa the Rapper
- Daft Punk
- Thomas the Weed Engine
- Koopa Troopa
- Monty Mole
- Bullet Bill
- Chris Gordman
- Two of Hal's RoboCops burn to death after Mario plays the "Take Me Home" song.
- The remainder of the RoboCops are gunned down by a hacked Hal Monitor.
- Cybertubbies got killed by The Animals.
- Saxton Hale is beheaded by Johnny.
- Kermit gets electrocuted by an electrical crowbar used by Johnny.
- SpongeBob explodes after he sees SMG4's Big Brain Throughts.
- This is the first video since SMG4: War of the Simps where Meggy Spletzer is not present.
- This episode marks the first appearances of:
- SMG4 since SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND, although not in the flesh.
- Swagmaster6969696969 since SMG4: The Fan Written Episode (4 Mill Sub Special).
- Chris Gordman since SMG4: Stupid Mario 3D All-Stars.
- Hatsune Miku since SMG4: Mario and the Experiment, excluding her appearance as a toy in SMG4: The E G G.
- Yoda and Lakitu since SMG4: The Corn Trip.
- Hal Monitor since SMG4: Cooking with Mario & Bowser: World Tour and his first major role outside of fan-submitted episodes since SMG4: Officer Meggy.
- Hideo Kojima since SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys, in addition to being his first non-cameo role.
- Noo-Noo since SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020.
- Eggdog since SMG4: Mario's Spicy Day 🔥.
- Saxton Hale since SMG4: Food Wars.
- Johnny Silverhand since SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying, in addition to being his first major role.
- Hal Monitor is the only modern character to appear in this video.
- Cyberpunk 2077: This blooper is parody to this video game.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Steven Armstrong is Hideo Kojima's alter-ego in this blooper.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: When Swagmaster sees one of the Cybertubbies on the ceiling after Pooh animal superflux's the Cybertubby into the ground from the top floor, Swagmaster has the intention that the roof is having a baby; referencing the episode Shanghaied when a giant anchor crashes right into SpongeBob's house, him & Patrick have the intention that the sky had a baby.
- Johnny Silverhand's moves are references from films starring Keanu Reeves.