SMG4: If Mario Was In Meta Runner is the fortieth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and ninety-fifth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the third episode related to If Mario was in series. It was aired on October 17th, 2020.
We get a look at what Meta Runner would be like if it was completely SMG4-ified 🤡
The episode is a complete retelling of Meta Runner season 1 from META RUNNER - Season 1 Episode 1: Wrong Warp to META RUNNER - Season 1 Episode 10: Shutdown but it's in the SMG4 world style. Tari and Belle reprises their roles while the other important characters are played by various SMG4 characters such as:
- Peter Griffin
- Bender Bending Rodríguez
- Rubeus Hagrid
- Barack Obama
- Jesus Christ
- Monty Mole
- Mr. Blizzard
- Hatsune Miku
- Harry Potter
- Homer Simpson
- Hank Hill
- Bart Simpson
- Carl Wheezer
- The YouTube Arc: This episode (end of Tari's dream) takes place after the YouTube Arc.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 3:34 -
- 3:44 - Super Mario 3D World - Snowball Park
- 4:00 - Bob-Omb Megalovania
- This episode is a self-parody of Meta Runner Season 1, to commemorate Season 2 being uploaded the previous day. However, there are several differences from the actual story:
- The episode just summarized the events from all ten episodes.
- Belle was attempting a speedrun of Super Mario 64 whereas she was speed running Ultra Jump Mania originally.
- Tari knows who the other characters are whereas in the original version, she was completely amnesiac.
- Bob (as Lucks) mentions doing collateral damage when destroying the cartridge that holds Mario's memory and personality. In the original, Lucks only said collateral.
- Lucinia is not mentioned whereas in the original version, she was a close friend of Belle and "died" in a accident with Dr. Sheridan on Project Blue.
- It's an SMG4 episode, so everything is generally more chaotic (e.g. Tari crashing through everything)
- The thumbnail resembles the "Meta Runner Season 1 Animated Movie Cut's" trailer thumbnail, except with SMG4's Tari and Mario replacing Meta Runner Tari and Theo respectively.
- Though this was a dream, this marks the first appearance of:
- This is one of the few episode of Season 10 that is non-canonical to the SMG4 Series (along with SMG4 Christmas Special 2020 and the SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL), mainly because it was only a dream of Tari.
- This is the first SMG4 episode where Tari is the primary protagonist and the consistent pivotal point of the episode's events, though this is only due to the episode parodying the series where she already plays that role at lightning-fast pacing.
- This is Tari's first appearence since SMG4: Stupid Mario 3D All-Stars and her first main role since SMG4: The Tari Abnormality, as well as Meggy's first major role since SMG4: Food Wars, though Meggy only appears in a dream.
- Despite being an If Mario was in... episode, Tari has a larger role than Mario.
- Because of this it some fans retitled it as “Meta Runner in a Nutshell.”
- This is the second If Mario was in... video to not be attributed to a video game, the first being SMG4: If Mario was in The Sonic Movie.
- This is the first video since SMG4: If Mario was in... Deltarune to have Mario appear in his Super Mario 64 form in the YouTube thumbnail almost 2 years prior.
- This is the first video since SMG4: Deleted where a SM64 map is used in the background.
- Lucks' death was actually foreshadowed in this video when Shroomy (Masa) shot Bob's (Lucks) picture.
- Meta Runner: The whole video is a parody of Meta Runner's first season.
- Among Us: When Fishy Boopkins dies in the game, Tari and Shroomy look at Po who killed him, as the sound of what role you are plays.
- Looney Tunes : When Tari holding up a sign saying help she fell down to the gravity.