SMG4: If Mario Was Smart is the thirty-fifth episode of Season 9 and the five hundred and twenty-eighth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on September 21, 2019.
(This episode was formerly known as SMG4: Smart Mario)
What would happen if Mario was actually smart?
Mario being tied up to an operating table. Shocked, he saw that Professor E. Gadd tied him up. As he was about to rat him out to his friends, a light came on revealing that they actually had him tied up to make him smart. Turned out that the previous day, Mario decided to rip out a heater and put it in his bathwater thinking it was too cold. Somehow, that caused the entire castle to burn down. Mario pleaded with everyone to not kill him but they reassured him that they would only make him smart (even though Mario claimed he had an IQ of 10000) via E. Gadd's new machine.
One treatment later, the machine worked and after a few questions where Mario gave smart answers, they all headed back to the castle where it was still burning. Mario decided to fix the issue by building M4R10. He then went to help his friends, including unlocking Widnows 64 from SMG3 and returning the favor by banning him (causing him to commit suicide by jump off a building), fixing Meggy's Splat Roller, and helping Tari beat her opponent Bubble Bass at knocking the sandbag out by a huge margin in distance by typing in codes that would aid her.
Later on, after helping out, Mario felt hungry and decided to eat spaghetti for lunch. However, he still felt hungry and wanted more. He then looked at Luigi's spaghetti and wanted it for himself despite Luigi reasonably objecting to it.
Unfortunately, though the machine increased Mario's intelligence, it still allowed him to act selfishly. Mario then decided he would build a machine that would allow him to steal all the spaghetti in the Mushroom Kingdom, the Spaghetti Succer 3000. The machine did its job well, even removing an Italian Restaurant that Bob Bobowski was planning to have his meal at.
As Luigi held onto the table, he was flown to where Mario was. With the angry mobs outside wanting their lunch back, Luigi pleaded with his brother to return the lunches but Mario said it was revenge for all the times he was treated like an idiot, saying that the old Mario was no more. Meggy missed the old Mario, as he was never able to throw tantrums at that scale. Just as Bob and SMG4 attacked him, Mario went in and unleashed a giant version of M4R10 to swipe away the crowd. His friends then decided they needed someone as dumb as Mario to become the next subject of E. Gadd's machine. Bob asked where they were going to find someone that stupid, then wondered why they were staring at him, not realizing that HE was the stupid one.
In the Mushroom City, Mario was sucking in more spaghetti and was at 97% when suddenly, Bob's giant robot Metal Garo came up to challenge him. Mario accepted the challenge. At first, giant M4R10 fired its punch but Metal Garo evaded it and attacked giant M4R10 with a gun. The damage caused Mario to panic and shoot him but it shot to the building with a television, causing corruption and changing into a TUBBIEtinder commercial instead. Bob seemed to enjoy it, calling it intelligent, giving giant M4R10 a chance to kick Bob to the ground. However, a Koopa Troopa, a Monty Mole, and Toadsworth were horrified at this. Metal Garo then jumped and threw them at Robo Mario, causing Mario into a panic again and trying to take the three out via a screen wiper. Metal Garo used this chance to decapitate Robo Mario's head with its sword.
Crawling out of the machine, Mario pleaded with his friends to not turn him back into his old stupid self, claiming he would lose his purpose in life, but they did not care and E. Gadd turned him back to his old self, and everyone was excited. Now knowing no one could stop him, Bob declared he was the best just to be also turned back to normal. The video ends with the camera rising into Bob after he made some dumb sounds, ending the episode.
- Squidward Tentacles
- Amy Rose
- Ganondorf (Bubble Bass's Smash character)
- Princess Daisy (Tari's Smash character)
- Mr. Blizzard
- Unknown Mario recolor
- Koopa Troopa
- Monty Mole
- SMG3 jumps out of a building in frustration after Mario banned him in Club Penguin.
- A similar looking recolor of GageDawg getting beheaded by Spaghetti that sucked by giant M4R10.
- SMG4: The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe: SMG3 makes a cameo in this video by attempting to hack SMG4 by locking out his computer as revenge but was banned in Club Penguin by Smart Mario, thus causing him to jump out of a building in frustration.
- SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti: A sequel of the video.
- SMG4: Mario And... The Well: When the castle is on fire, Meggy says she will get the firetruck, similar to the events of that blooper.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 2:11 - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors OST - Morphogenetic Sorrow
Super Mario is DED!
Pee pee poo poo!
|—Bob Bobowski, after being turned stupid again.|
- While Bob is smart, he uses a different voice until he is turned stupid again. Also, he wears orange shades.
- The two bloopers, Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Smart(ass) Mario, and SMG4: If Mario Was Smart, have the same plot, consisting of Mario becoming smart, while the latter consists of his friends initially wishing for him to be smart, and still retains his love of spaghetti, while the former consists of his friends NOT wishing him to be smart, and doesn't have his love of spaghetti.
- Though Mario claims to have invented Robo-Mario, the original was actually invented by Professor E. Gadd in SMG4: New Year, New Mario.
- Bob is being portrayed as being stupid in this episode, though it is shown in the Rapper Bob Arc he's good at manipulating others. It is possible that the gang just found him to be the closest one to being as dumb as Mario.
- It could also be seen as a reference to Purple Shep, a character in ExplodingTNT's videos who uses the same voice as Bob.
- This is Bob Bobowski's first appearance since SMG4: Mario and The Lost City... over a month prior.
- This is Tari's first major role since SMG4: The Tari Abnormality, over 2 months prior.
- This is one of the few episodes where Mario is the villain, though he's not quite himself in this episode.
- This marks Professor E. Gadd's first appearance since SMG4: Mario Works at McDonald's.
- Not counting SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!, this is the first time since SMG4: Super Challenge 64 that an SM64 map is used, but it's only for 3 seconds.
- The episode was originally titled Smart Mario. It was retitled in around August 2021, almost 2 years after this video was released.