SMG4: Little Penguin Lost is the forty-sixth episode of Season 9 and the five hundred and forty-eighth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on December 14, 2019.
Mario drops a baby penguin off a cliff for the 10th time
The episode starts with Mario and Meggy going to GameStop to buy Super Woomy Adventures, but due to the holiday season, the store was closed. Mario attempted to break in but failed. When Meggy told him to leave, Mario agreed, on the condition that Meggy dragged him home, which Meggy teased him about it and said if she'd see Mario next year and led to her abandoning him. Mario ran to Meggy but ended up tripping on a baby penguin named Tuxie. Upon seeing it, Meggy suggested they brought it back, but Mario, who dislikes Tuxie, knocked it off a cliff, much to Meggy's dismay. Mario however, told her that he did it numerous times in the past and that Tuxie always came back for some undisclosed reason. A Mother Penguin saw this, but instead of attacking, took Meggy away, mistaking her for her child, as well as knocking Mario off the cliff after he made fun of the penguin.
Meggy was stuffed in a Penguin Suit, and began to like the penguin experience after being offered McDonald's food, but became horrified upon learning she had to eat it like a bird. Mario attempted to get Meggy back by throwing Tuxie in the house and telling the mother that Tuxie was her real son, but the mother threw Tuxie back out the window, stupidly believing that "Tuxie" was an impostor. Then, Mario knocked on the door, to which, when opened, casually asked to steal the mother's child. The mother realized that he was not the usual guy who steals her child but Mario rushed in to escape with Meggy. The two came across a giant slope, which Mario rode, using Meggy as a snowboard. They used a Mr. Blizzard to make a huge snowball, which flew into the air via a ramp, thereby finally getting away from the mother.
Upon landing, Meggy was released from the Penguin Suit, only for her and Mario to end up on a lake, complete with thin ice. Among the failed attempts by Mario to just go for it, Meggy found that the solution was sliding to land. Meggy and Mario then found Tuxie, only for the penguin to be revealed as an antagonist, as he stranded the two on a piece of ice with a tiny tip of a hammer. Meggy found that Mario's phone still had a signal, but had only 1% left. However, instead of calling for help, Mario ordered pizza so that way, they would have something to eat. Meggy, furious at Mario's stupidity, just sat in a fetal position, while Mario, realizing his stupidity screwed both him and Meggy over, simply sat with her.
Later that night, an exhausted Mario and Meggy laid down on the iceberg, believing that the pizza would not arrive and that they would die. Just then, the delivery guy, Spider-Man, was seen on a jet ski, delivering the long-awaited pizza. Spider-Man then noticed Tuxie (claiming it to be a murderer) and called the cops on him, to which the penguin jumped into the water. Mario launched Meggy on her command into the water, to which the icy perimeter launched Tuxie straight at the cops. At this point, he was arrested. Spider-Man explained that Tuxie was the subject of several disappearances and that he was grateful for their help.
When Spider-Man left, Meggy realized that she and Mario were still stranded, to which Mario eased the mood with the pizza Spider-Man brought, concluding the episode on a somewhat happy note.
Opening advertisement only
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 0:05 - Toy Day; Animal Crossing: City Folk
- 0:45 - Poshley Heights; Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- 1:48 - Prologue 3; Mario Party 3
- 2:20 - Entrance to the Dark World (Round 1B); Monster Party
- 3:25 - Slider, Super Mario 64
- 3:43 - Dyna Blade Overworld, Kirby Super Star
- 4:46 - Dating Start!, Undertale OST
- 5:28 - Luigi/Mario Raceway; Mario Kart 64
- 6:27 - Scary-Go-Round; Paper Mario
- 7:52 - Spider-Man 2: The Game Pizza Theme
- 8:03 - The Axem Rangers Drop In; Super Mario RPG
- 8:36 - Game Over, Super Mario World
- SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt: Mario and Meggy shaking their heads in worry at the nodding Tuxie mirrors a similar exchange with Mario and Big Chungus from this blooper.
- This blooper is similar to the fourth world of the second mission from Super Mario 64's Cool Cool Mountain: Li'l Penguin Lost.
- Coincidentally, the premise involves the infamous way players throw the little penguin off the mountain. Mario not worrying about is a reference to how the penguin respawns afterward.
- This is the Ice Climbers' first appearance since SMG4: Sans's First Day In Smash Bros.
- Excluding the thumbnail, this is the first time Meggy is seen without any headgear.
- For unknown reasons, the intro of this blooper uses the Season 8 SMG4 logo instead of the Season 9 logo.
- However, the Season 9 logo is still present on the thumbnail.
- This happened again on SMG4: Mario Is Cancelled but this time it's inverse.
- This is the fifth episode to only focus on Mario, SMG4 (who doesn’t appear in the video), and the modern characters, but not the classic characters. The first being SMG4: If Mario Was In... Splatoon 2, the second being SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt, the third being SMG4: Mario's Lemonade Stand and the fourth being SMG4: The Japan Trip.
- With this video, Meggy has made more appearances in Season 9 than Luigi.
- Spider-Man 2: Spider-Man being the pizza delivery boy is a reference to the infamous line "Pizza Time!".
- The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!: The whole concept of Meggy getting captured by the Mother Penguin is reference to the first episode "The Bird! The Bird!" when Toad gets captured by Birdo.