SMG4: Mario's Bed and Breakfast is the tenth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and sixteenth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
It is an episode related to the Genesis Arc. It was aired on March 27, 2021.
(This episode was formerly known as SMG4: Mario's Amazing Bed and Breakfast.)
Mario decides to visit Meggy's house for some breakfast spaghetti, only to discover that he was apparently tasked to look over the house. Unfortunately, he found Bob, who turned the house into a terrible bed and breakfast. As Bob is overdue to repay his business loans from the bank, Mario, worrying about Meggy losing her home, decided to give a proper operation of the B&B. His business strategies proved to be a success, and soon the press caught attention of the new Belmont B&B.
The rest of the SMG4 gang agreed to help them expand the business, and turned the B&B into a hotel. However, the hotel's popularity also attracted the ire of Tom Nook, the president of the Hotel Owners Association trade union, believing Mario to be stealing their businesses. In a fit of jealousy, he sent an army of Nostalgia Critic clones to review-bomb the hotel to take back their position, prompting the hoteliers to fight them back.
However, as reinforcements were too strong, the hotel is starting to lose their stars. Fortunately, the hoteliers had came up with new strategies to provide better service, and this was admired by Tom Nook. Eventually, business was great again, until Mario got a phone call from Meggy in Port Aurora. Everything is fine, until Meggy asked Mario and Bob about her cat, bringing the two into a standstill, realizing that her cat was buried within the hotel walls (who somehow survived).
- Saiko Bichitaru (Receptionist)
- Axol (Bellboy)
- Melony (Bed Tester)
- Whimpu (Maid Café Waiter)
- Fishy Boopkins (Maid Café Waiter)
- Tari (Video Game Room Manager)
- Luigi (Spa Manager)
- SMG4 (Meet & Greet Convention Manager)
- Tom Nook
- Nostalgia Critics
- Fox McCloud
- Koopa Troopas
- Cooking Mama
- Kiddy Kong
- Hat Kid
- Hal Monitor
- Don Resetti
- Susan Wojcicki
- Shy Guy
- Peach Toadstool
- Kermit the Frog
- Bullet Bills
- Barack Obama
- Marge Simpson
- Lord Voldemort
- Doc Louis
- Donkey Kong
- Crash Bandicoot
- Cheep Cheep
- Mr. Blizzard
- Monty Mole
- Dr. Eggman
- Jeff Andonuts
- Duke Nukem
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Heavy Weapons Guys
- Tom Nook's mother
- Loaf (Meggy’s Cat)
- 1:10 - Earthbound - Battle Against a Weak Opponent
- Similarly to the previous episode, due to daylight savings in the US, this episode was aired an hour earlier than usual in UK and Australia time.
- The episode's concept is similar to SMG4: The Mario Café, where the main characters run a business.
- This blooper was uploaded on the 10th anniversary of the Nintendo 3DS in North America.
- This marks the first appearance of many of the modern original characters, such as:
- Tari, Saiko Bichitaru, Whimpu and Melony since SMG4: The Pursuit of Happiness (if My New Adventure. isn't counted).
- Axol since SMG4: The Melony Felony.
- While Meggy Spletzer doesn't physically appear in this episode (since she is in Port Aurora at the time, coinciding with the events of Sunset Paradise), she does appear in both an imagine spot by Mario, and in pictures of her as an inkling from her photo gallery. She is also heard by voice at the end of the episode.
- Hours after the episode went live, the thumbnail was changed from Mario being in bed with a lot of food, to Mario and Bob riding on a hotel cart with many things being thrown. Moments later, the word 'amazing' in the title was removed. This is also Bob's first appearance on a thumbnail since SMG4: Mario's Corn Trip.
- Also in its old thumbnail, the 2018-2019 SMG4 logo was used at the corner instead of the current one.
- Just like SMG4: Mario Is Cancelled., the Season 8 logo was in the original thumbnail, but this was also replaced in the second thumbnail.
- Meggy's pet cat is a reference to her voice actor Lizzie Freeman being a cat person. Also, it's confirmed that Meggy has a cat, despite not appearing on-screen
- Doug Walker, the actor who plays the Nostalgia Critic, has acknowledged his appearance in the video on a YouTube comment from Channel Awesome and in a short skit on Channel Awesome's social media.
- Running Gag: Mario's hand ending in pain after high fiving Bob's "hand-sword" (Twice)
- Ratatouille: The scene where Tom Nook is experiencing a flashback to his younger self sleeping in a similar bed is similar to the ending scene of the Pixar film Ratatouille, but instead of the health inspector Ego eating the titular food when he was a child, it is Nook who is relaxing on the bed while being called by his mother.
- When Bob throws the Karen Goomba into the Karen Room, Princess Peach is seen screaming like her fellow Karens, but a few seconds later she is seen waiting for the line along with the others during the news broadcast.
- On the changed thumbnail, it shows that Mario and Bob are bellhops; but in the video itself, they are the owners and Axol was the bellboy.