SMG4: Mario's Internet Safety is the twenty-second episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and twenty-eighth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
It is an episode related to the Genesis Arc.. It was aired on June 19, 2021.
Protecc yourself with the INTERNET SAFETY CHONKS
The video starts off with Melony enjoying a video of a melon spinning on a chair, until the melon got shot, horrifying her, and that was until the video was stopped, and the narrator (Aaron Rogers) introduced the audience to internet safety. The narrator goes off with the important rules of internet safety, in which was:
- Being safe from hackers, where the risks of being hacked is shown and the need of a secure password
- Having a secure password to protect sensitive information
- Protection from computer viruses, and the different types of viruses shown and the prevention of it using antivirus software
- The knowledge of unsafe websites
- An insight of how corporations protect child users
- Protection from dangerous strangers on the internet
- Internet piracy
It ended when the narrator congratulated Melony for following the rules of internet safety, while Mario, Bob and Frankie were sent to jail for breaking the rules, ending the episode.
- JubJub Boopkins
- Spy (as Spyware)
- Bonzi Buddy (as Malware)
- Trojan Horse
- Dobby (as Adware)
- Dr. Eggman
- Susan Wojcicki
- Eggbaby /
- Donkey Kong
- Cube the Penguin
- Professor E. Gadd
- John Wick
- Futaba Sakura
- Masahiro Sakurai
- Butter Birdo (on Bob's PC)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (as Ransomware)
- William Afton
- Robbie Rotten
- Mario got erased from existence after Bob changed Super Mario 64 to Super Bob 64.
- Bob got killed by John Wick.
- Mario got stabbed by Spy.
- Spy, Trojan Horse, BonziBuddy, Sonic and Dobby got killed by Hal Monitor.
- SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane: That video appears on pre-SMG4: Into the Dark Web version of the SMG4's YouTube website. At the earlier of that video, Bob, as a hacker, replaces the video with a fake video named "SMG4 EXPOSED?! I'M ACTUALLY A MONKEY", which turns SMG4 into Donkey Kong.
- This episode was created to promote the 'Internet Safety Chonks' collection, including Axol, Melony and Mr. Hal Monitor.
- It's the first time in a while where a narrator is used.
- Futaba's voice clips came from the line spoken by Hololive VTuber Hoshimachi Suisei, 'hi honey', where it became a meme among the Hololive community.
- The person who leaked Dr. Eggman's nudes was James Bailey, the current voice actor of SMG3.
- This marks the first canon appearance of Bob's surname "Bobowski".
- "Catfish" means fraud who disguise as a male or female to made relationship with the victim for his/her own gain, which refers to Wario in this video, where he disguised himself as Melony to scam Axol.
- Axol and Melony's Discord profile picture art are done by SMG4 fan, da.kim_26.
- The thumbnail might be a reference to the Captain Lou Albano "Just Say No" Drugs PSA.
- Yet again, they accidentally used the Season 9 logo on the thumbnail instead of the Season 10 logo.
- JubJub attempts to sign up on Club Penguin despite shutting down in 2017 three years before he was born but however it is possible the game never got shutdown in the World of SMG4.
- It is unclear whether this episode happens concurrently with the Genesis Arc.
- The audio clip used for Axol's reaction to the Reddit video shown to him by Bonzi Buddy, is from a YouTuber known as BlasthamousHD, best known for his reaction videos.
- Similarly, the young man who wasn’t being safe on the internet is Youtuber FlightReacts, who is also known for his reactions as well, the original video in question has since been deleted, but the scream has become iconic in meme culture.
- Unlike the bloopers that rated TV-MA, this blooper is the only blooper that rated TV-G by IMDb.
- COVID-19 pandemic: Mario wears an anti-covid mask when he mistakes the computer virus with the actual virus.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged: When Mario was warned that he don't click anything suspicious, he shouts the phrase "BITCH DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!", a quote said by the DBZA counterpart of Mr. Popo to Kami as Piccolo arrived at Kami's Lookout after drinking a milk jug full of LSD.
- YouTube Ads: The main video is a reference to multitude of ads on Youtube by the biggest and smallest Youtubers around, specifically about Antivirus programs.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy: When Melony smashes her face on the keyboard to create a password, the "SUBALAWA" sound effect from said show is used.
- YouTube Kids: The segment about how corporations protect child users is a reference to the controversial Youtube Kids feature, specifically the multitude of inappropriate videos involving Spider-Man from Marvel and Elsa from the movie series Frozen. This in turn references one of YouTube's most infamous scandals, Elsagate.
- Rule 34: During the unsafe websites section of the video Frankie was on a parody site called Rule 64 until Hal Monitor put him in jail. Also, the narrator tells female characters (using Melony as the example) to not Google their own names for their own safety.
- Rule 63: After Melony is told not to Google her own name, Bob Googles his own name, leading him to discover pictures of him, which were presumably of him being a female.