SMG4: Mario Goes To College is the forty-fifth episode of Season 11 and the six-hundred-and-sixty-fourth video overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
The Box Club Leader makes his debut in this episode. It was aired on December 4th, 2021.
Mario and friends go to college only to find that the 'classes' are very special.
Meggy and Melony enrolled themselves to Omnia Academy, where they could further their studies in their preferred skills. While exploring the campus, the two girls were surprised to see Luigi, Fishy Boopkins and Bob, who also enrolled. Mario is also enrolled and he joined the Cooking Club, only to be kicked out due to eating all of the ingredients. Meanwhile, the rest of the gang went their separate ways to their clubs.
Meggy enrolled herself in the sports club to further her skills as a sports teacher. Melony joined the power club to strengthen her fighting skills. Bob joined the customer service club to better his management (but in reality to scam more people better) of his hotel. Boopkins joined the human resources club to improve human capital while Luigi joined the meditation club. Mario, meanwhile, enrolled himself in the box club, where its leader let him join on the condition that he recruit some more members to prevent the club from being shut down.
During lunch time, as the gang talked about their experiences at the clubs, they found Mario advertising the box club. As Meggy hoped that Mario would not disturb them, she spoke too soon as Mario began provoking them into joining the club, interrupting their clubs and going as far as to undo Ganondorf's character development which Boopkins helped him with. As the rest finished their day in college, Meggy asked a slightly despondent Melony how her first day at college was like when suddenly, Mario and the other club members sang a musical number to recruit members with the leader jabbing in their ultimate purpose, (which distrubs everyone including briefly Mario). Not wanting to deal with the club's begging any longer, the gang reluctantly agrees, the episode ending with everyone but Mario looking irritated, sitting in a circle with boxes on their heads.
- Monty Mole
- Koopa Troopas
- Dr. Eggman
- Hank Hill
- Falco Lombardi
- Nikocado Avocado
- Ian Hecox
- Anthony Padilla
- Winnie the Pooh
- Penguin Coach
- Sandbag's family
- Patrick Star
- Dr. Pootis
- Morgan Freeman
- Cube the Penguin
- Joseph Joestar
- Mafia Goons
- Lanky Kong
Opening Advertising only
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 7:23 - The Aquatos - Psychonauts 2
- SMG4: Studying for Exams...But you're friends with Mario: Meggy and Melony attend as students after passing the entrance exams taken in this episode and this is also a sequel of the said episode.
- Luigi also mentions that he's also training his meditation powers, and that he technically took the college exam.
- SMG4: If Mario Was Spiderman: The episode marks as a sequel to this episode.
- This is the 20th blooper to turn a simple task into chaos. The first eighteen were SMG4: Mario waits for pizza, SMG4: Mario Goes to the Fridge to Get a Glass Of Milk, SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, SMG4: Mario Does The Chores, SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti, SMG4: Mario Gets His PINGAS Stuck In The Door, SMG4: Bowser Loses Custody Of His Children, SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud, SMG4: Mario Runs Out Of Toilet Paper, SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying, SMG4: Mario Scratches His Ass, SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job, SMG4: Mario goes to subway and purchases 1 tuna sub with extra mayo, SMG4: Mario goes to the dentist, SMG4: The Bed., SMG4: Mario has a BBQ but he's not invited, SMG4: If Mario Moves, He Dies, SMG4: Studying for Exams...But you're friends with Mario and SMG4: Mario Does Literally Anything For Views.
- This is also the third type of video to have Meggy as a main character, following SMG4: Mario waits for pizza, SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job (where she replaces Mario as the main character), and SMG4: Studying for Exams...But you're friends with Mario.
- This is also the second type to focus on Melony.
- This is also the 1st type of episode to introduce a new character.
- Ironically, what Mario said about going to college at the end of SMG4: Studying for Exams...But you're friends with Mario became true, despite the other characters' looks of disbelief and confusion in the latter.
- In this episode, Melony wears her college outfit for the first time.
- This is the second time Meggy wears a college outfit, as she wore one in Mario Reacts To Nintendo Memes 2.
- The gang (minus Melony) previously went to college in SMG4: Mario University.
- Ramensay is an obvious pun of Gordon Ramsay's last name, which coincidentally the character is a parody of the real-life celebrity chef.
- The thumbnail in the promotional tweet had the SMG4 logo down but the actual video has the logo up.
- The back of Meggy's t-shirt says Splatsquad 17, which is a reference to their debut episode. They also say the line related to the movie title SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny in the blooper.
- Just like SMG4: If Mario Was In... Poppy Playtime (the previous episode), almost every single line (except for ones from Mario and Luigi) of dialogue in this episode is voiced acted, most likely due to the fact that all of these characters are voiced on characters who work on the show.
- This blooper marks SMG4 and Fishy Boopkins' first physical appearances since SMG4: THE 5,000,000 SUB SPECIAL, since they were listed in the end credits for the previous episode, as well as the first appearances of Bob Bobowski, Melony since SMG4: THE 5,000,000 SUB SPECIAL.
- This is the 5th episode (third time in a row) where Melony speaks in full sentences. The first four times were in SMG4: The Final Piece, SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021, SMG4: To Become A God and SMG4: THE 5,000,000 SUB SPECIAL.
- Once again, like in these episodes, Meggy's texts are voice acted.
- The song that the Box Club Leader sings in an attempt to persuade Mario's friends into joining the club uses the "The Credits Roll" theme from Super Mario 3D World.
- Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life: This episode is a spoof of this family comedy film directed by Steve Carr and starring Griffin Gluck.
- My Hero Academia: The Omnia Academy is similar to the Hero School from this superhero manga. In addition, Melony, like Deku, has doubts whether she can control her powers well.