SMG4: Mario Goes To The Zoo is the fifteenth episode of Season 12 and the sixth hundred and eighty-ninth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode is originally titled World War Monke. It was aired on April 30, 2022.
Mario goes to the zoo and finds out the animals have been plotting something..
Mario, Tari, Boopkins, Bob and Melony went to the Mushroom City Zoo. While everyone was with their animal of choice (Boopkins was taken in by monkeys, Tari went to see the ducks, Melony went into the sloth cage and Mario provoked a sleeping lion which got him attacked), Mario and Bob were having fun with pigs. They released the pigs for fun, and all of the sudden, the pigs started to stand up. One of the pigs offered Bob to start a war to take over the zoo, and Bob stupidly accepts the offer, with the pigs crowning him king. The pigs began their attack, assaulting and imprisoning the zoo-goers. As Bob was enjoying the assault from a treetop, Mario climbed up and attempted to reason with him, saying that he had gone too far, but Bob, who fell on deaf ears and wanted to continue the war, pushed Mario off the tree.
With the pigs becoming more violent and resisting law enforcement, Mario, desperate to stop the war, he went to Boopkins in the monkey compound, who had became the leader of the monkeys after being with them for 5 minutes. When he heard of the pigs' attack on the zoo, he knew of the pigs' plan as he assembled the army of monkeys to stop the war. In response, Bob summoned his army of pigs, outnumbering the monkeys. Suddenly, Tari, who had become the leader of the ducks, came in to bring backup, and the war became much intense, with heavy fighting from both sides. With the monkey and duck armies starting to gain the upper hand, Bob and the pigs, in a last ditch effort summoned a giant Peppa Pig from Hell to defeat the monkey and duck army.
Mario, who was later knocked away by the giant Peppa, needed to find help to save the monkey and duck armies and stop the war, and head over to Melony in the sloth compound, who was busy meditating with the sloths. When Mario showed Peppa attacking everyone, Melony at first went into her Fierce Deity mode to try to stop her, but one of the sloths advised her that there is another solution to stop the war without using force. When both sides were fighting, they stopped to see Melony playing Hindustani music with a lute, and a sloth floating around, spreading the power of peace to the belligerents. Bob was furious and wanted to continue the fight, but the sloth managed to open his mind and made Bob to believe in peace, thereby ending the war. As everyone celebrated, Mario wondered about the dead animals lying around the zoo while telling the viewers to say no to drugs.
- Pigs (secondary antagonists)
- Mr. Blizzard
- Monty Mole
- Mario Head
- Will Smith
- Koopa Troopa
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Kylo Ren
- Hal Monitor
- Gourmet Guy
- JubJub Boopkins
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- Dob Bobowski
- Grandmaster Oogway
- Butter Birdo
- SMG4: If Mario Was In... Nickelodeon: Steve is still in the rebellion against pigs ever since he met the Pig family.
- SMG4: SMG4's Origins: Mario repeats the same line of "Don't do drugs kids" at the end of the blooper, but this time with his Uberduck.AI voice.
- SMG4: The Floor is Lava: Similar to this episode, just after going through a grueling experience caused by Mario, Boopkins becomes a leader over his short absence in the blooper.
- SMG4: Stupid Paper Mario: Goombario returns from this episode.
- Revelations Arc: Melony is wearing her college uniform in this episode.
- SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special: Butter Birdo returns in this episode, albeit seen in Bob's mind.
- Numerous dead animals litter the area after the rebellion.
- Monty got shot by a duck.
- Goombario got shot by Minecraft Pig.
- The episode was teased in a tweet and YouTube community post posted by Luke, featuring a behind the scenes screenshot of Tari riding on a rubber duck-horse hybrid with the caption "fear her".
- This is the second time Boopkins was seen in a leadership role, the first was in SMG4: The Floor is Lava. However, he is not a antagonist, but a supporter protagonist as Bob took the role in this episode.
- One of the pigs jumped so high after Mario put a jet pack on it, it got sucked up into a jet engine of a plane, and it became a Minecraft pig. The plane featured in the video is a Boeing 747, operated by a pre-merger United Airlines.
- The fourth wall is broken four times:
- Mario breaks it when he asks how Boopkins became the leader of the monkeys in the span of 5 minutes, which is when the blooper started.
- He breaks it again later the same way when Boopkins states that he knows the pigs have been planning to take over the zoo for a long time.
- Swag acknowledges being in Bob's mind, and asks why he's in his friend's mind.
- Finally, at the end, while everybody is ignorantly celebrating, Mario tells the viewers to not do drugs.
- Though the episodes original title refers to monkeys by use of the "monke" meme, the monkeys do not serve as the trigger for the conflict, as it is instead the pigs. Additionally, the episode's original thumbnail depicted Mario being picked up by a monkey in the process of being thrown, an event that never happens in the episode.
- This explains the reason for the blooper's title change, in addition to another thumbnail change.
- This is the second time Melony wears her college outfit outside of an episode of the Revelations Arc. The first time was in SMG4: If Mario Was Spiderman.
- This is the twenty-fifth episode to turn a simple task into chaos. The first twenty-four are SMG4: Mario waits for pizza, SMG4: Mario Goes to the Fridge to Get a Glass Of Milk, SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island, SMG4: Mario Does The Chores, SMG4: Mario Waits in Line For Some Spaghetti, SMG4: Mario Gets His PINGAS Stuck In The Door, SMG4: Bowser Loses Custody Of His Children, SMG4: Mario Commits Tax Fraud, SMG4: Mario Runs Out Of Toilet Paper, SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying, SMG4: Mario Scratches His Ass, SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job, SMG4: Mario goes to subway and purchases 1 tuna sub with extra mayo, SMG4: Mario goes to the dentist, SMG4: The Bed., SMG4: Mario has a BBQ but he's not invited, SMG4: If Mario Moves, He Dies, SMG4: Studying for Exams...But you're friends with Mario, SMG4: Mario Does Literally Anything For Views, SMG4: Mario Goes To College, SMG4: Mario Suffers Infinite Detention, SMG4: Mario Waits For The Bus, SMG4: Mario's Bus Trip and SMG4: Welcome To Mario Mart™.
- The episode's original name and theme is the same to that of SMG4: World War Mario, albeit the nature of the episode is light-hearted compared to the serious tone in the other.
- This episode finally marks the debut of Bob's father, Dob.
- Mario is revealed to have a conscious, consisting of the Mario head from Mario teaches typing, and various Will Smiths beating it up.
- When Bob is influenced by the Sloth to believe in peace, his voice becomes higher pitched, similar to his child voice in SMG4: Mario Babies.
- This is first episode since SMG4: The Day HE Arrived. where the thumbnail and title is changed
- Over a week after release, this episode was age restricted, due to nudity according to James Bailey in a livestream. A reupload can be found here: https://youtu.be/r5swXieXOyo
- 00:02 - 4 P.M.; Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- 11:35 - Thrills at Night; Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Battle for the Planet of the Apes: The thumbnail is a reference to the poster for the 1973 film directed by J. Lee Thompson.
- Shrek: The ending references the Dance Party cliché in 3D animated films thanks to this film.
- Animal Farm: The way that the pigs enforce their rule in the zoo is a reference to George Orwell's 1945 novel, in which Napoleon, the leader of the revolution, establishes a despotic regime around the farm.
- Animal Crossing: Numerous zoo animals in the video are from the Animal Crossing franchise.