SMG4: Mario Is Cancelled. is the fifteenth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and sixty-ninth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on April 25, 2020.
Uh oh. looks like somebody did a big no no.
Mario is at a theater, welcoming the audience, and declaring that he is going to say the N-word. However, before he can fully say it, Susan Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube, proceeded to "cancel" him using the YouTube Remote, refusing to allow him to say something which she deemed vulgar and racist. She then tells the audience to instead watch family-friendly videos.
As a result of being canceled, Mario is sent to a white void with a sentient roller coaster cart (voiced by Robyn Barry-Cotter) welcoming him and telling him that he is in the "Canceled Dimension". It takes him on a tour of the dimension, taking him to one of the "sectors" which has a guy with a Twitter head killing three other guys for different reasons (saying a bad word, stating an opinion, and wearing a Simp hat respectively). The cart states that said people being killed had committed crimes against humanity and are being punished via Twitter, saying that Mario will be next. After a tour of the "clown sector", Mario ends up in the "hurtful memes" sector, where many well-known internet memes yell hurtful insults at him.
After exiting the sector, he finds SMG4 pointing at him. The camera then zooms out to reveal some of Mario's friends, including other residents of the Mushroom Kingdom, laughing at him and mocking him, much to Mario's sadness.
The tour finally ends with the cart throwing Mario into a room representing the like/dislike counter on YouTube. A pointer then repeatedly presses the dislike button, causing a giant red bar to appear which will crush Mario against a wall. Not wanting to die, Mario pulls out his laptop and proceeds to rapidly press the like button, causing the red bar to disappear. Afterward, a vent pops up and Mario jumps in, landing in a surreal forest at nighttime. There he finds the forgotten video game character Bubsy the Bobcat, who was sent to the canceled dimension due to his series' decline in quality.
Bubsy then states he has collected seven receipts and after he finds the eighth one, he'll be able to post an apology video on YouTube for his horrible games and be able to leave the canceled dimension. He is, however, caught and killed by one of many clowns that inhabit the forest, and his receipts teleport to Mario. Mario sees the last receipt on a tree some distance away. Mario, realizing the last receipt is his only means of escaping the dimension and that the forest is dangerous, manages to get the last receipt before the clowns kill him. The receipts teleport him to a recording booth with a laptop. He knocks out Lakitu and takes the camera. Using it, he is able to post the apology video, allowing him to leave and go back to the theater.
At the theater, Mario seemingly doesn't learn from his mistake, but he then reveals that the thing he was actually going to say was not the offensive N-word, but rather, "NIIIIINTENDO!" The episode then ends with curtains falling and closing in front of the plumber.
- Clown Emojis
- Pepe The Frog
- Donkey Kong
- Carl Wheezer
- Mecha Koopa
- Mr. Blizzard
- Meggy Spletzer
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Monty Mole
- Koopa Troopa
- Bullet Bill
- Cheep Cheep
- King Bob-omb
- Mr. Wuggle
- Joker/Arthur Fleck
- Clone Trooper
- This marks the return of Susan Wojcicki, after SMG4: The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe.
- This video focuses on the theme of increasing censorship on the Internet, including content that violates YouTube's Terms and Services.
- This also includes the oppression of the free speech of Mushroom Kingdom citizens, including cracking down those who dared criticize Peach, showing that the kingdom has lèse-majesté laws and not very democratic.
- This theme would later on be used in the next episode, SMG4: The Totally Legit Learning Show With SMG4, but focuses on SMG4's view instead.
- The bumper car announcer is voiced by Robyn Barry-Cotter, the voice of Theo in Meta Runner and SMG2 in the series, making her the second voice actor from the show other than Celeste Notley-Smith to appear in SMG4.
- Bubsy's appearance might be a reference to his series' decline in quality and absence for 20 years until 2017.
- An inverse of a similar error from SMG4: Little Penguin Lost, while the Season 10 and Season 9 logo appears in the video, the Season 8 logo is on the thumbnail.
- Fishy Boopkins and Bob Bobowski are the only current members in SMG4's Gang to be absent in the Cancelled Dimension.
- This is Meggy's fourth non-speaking appearance, after SMG4: Stupid Mario Tennis Aces, SMG4: Untitled Mario Video, and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2019.
- In this video, both Mario and Susan were at fault, as while Mario claimed that he was saying the N-word, Susan did not attempt to warn Mario against the behavior beforehand, which could have led to him telling what the N-word was.
- Also, since the SMG4 series was intended for mature audiences, it wouldn't be fair for Susan to cancel it and replace it with family-friendly content, which could be viewed on YouTube Kids, a platform already available with content for kids to watch.
- This video introduces the YouTube Remote, which will later have a deadly turn of events for the YouTube Arc.
- This blooper is based on the concept of "cancel culture", where a person who says or does something deemed unacceptable is shunned by others and made an object of mockery/derision, even if their infraction is fairly insignificant or is an innocent gesture taken out of context to make them look bad.
- COVID-19 pandemic: The blooper's name may also be based on the delaying and cancellations of multiple events in 2020 due to the ongoing pandemic.
- Slender: The Eight Pages: Mario searching for the eighth receipt in a creepy forest is a reference to the aforementioned video game. Additionally, at one point, the screen starts to glitch and Slenderman's ambiance can be heard.
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones: One of the Clowns in the Clown sector is a Clonetrooper.
- Joker: Mario finds Arthur Fleck as one of the clowns in the Slender-esque forest.