SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader is the eighteenth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and seventy-second overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on May 16th, 2020.
All hail Mario, our lord and saviour 👑
"I HAVE THE POWER!!!".
Princess Peach left Toadsworth in charge of the Kingdom with her crown signifying that people know who's in charge. Mario later came to the castle wanting to show Toadsworth his new pet rock which later opens a portal sucking Toadsworth in it. Seeing the crown he dropped off, he took it and wore it, proclaiming himself to be king, as Mario the first. As one of Toads servant rushes to find the princess, he spots Mario with the crown and drags him along to the throne room to decide if he were to punish Bob for ransacking the castle. Despite Bob appealing to being friends with Mario, Mario, despite his inexperience, rightfully decided that Bob's spine be broken, which made Chargin' Chuck break Bob's spine, causing Bob to shrink, and complain that his spine had been broken yet again.
Next, a Toad servant complained about polluted water in the lake, which was revealed to be caused by Donkey Kong defecating in the lake. Mario has him caught and executed via a guillotine. A montage is then shown of Mario's efficiency as a king, as he is able to solve many problems and crises that show up from the Toad servants and governors, including:
- Solving the black plague (by sending everyone to their homes with Gust Bellows in order to teach them social distancing)
- Solving a food crisis (Since the pest are animal villagers, Mario called Isabelle to deal with them)
- Solving a dispute between SMG4 and SMG3 over whether the Beeg SMG4 or Long SMG4 memes were the "one true God" (he suggested combining both into Bong SMG4).
Everything seems to be fine, as the Toads now salute him, which then leads to Mario being more power-hungry than ever before. From then onwards, he would now use his personal bodyguards to shoot his problems away.
In the first incident, bandits are invading the Mushroom Kingdom, involving the Goombas attacking the civilians with baseball bats, and with Monty Mole and a Boo demanding another Toad at his stand for food, while wielding swords. King Mario suggests to destroy all the bandits, as a way to get rid of them. His Toad servants agree without hesitation, shooting the bandits out of the kingdom, then cheering because they won.
In the next incident, King Mario goes onto the roof of the castle to find Bowser dressed in a Princess outfit, wanting to marry King Mario so he can become the "queen" of the Mushroom Kingdom. King Mario, not fooled by his disguise, immediately tells the servants to destroy him, with his Toad Servants arriving behind him, but questioning why he wants them to kill him (they are aware that Mario and Bowser were once friends). Mario then forces them to do it, and so they follow his orders, shooting Bowser off of the roof.
In the final incident, the villagers went to the castle to protest about the rising taxes. King Mario then suggested the very same thing, to destroy them all to be able to get rid of the demanding protesters. The toads look at each other and question King Mario, so he instead yells at them twice to do as he says. Then, the Royal Guards came out of the front of the castle, and shot the protesters away against their will. Seeing as King Mario rising with too much power, two of the Toads agree that he has gone mad with power, but they cannot question him because he is the king.
A few weeks later, Mario, now the Supreme Leader, had converted the monarchy from a constitutional one to that of absolute monarchy, renaming the Mushroom Kingdom to Mario Land. He treats the citizens and his friends poorly, threatening the citizens with death should they not obey him, forcing Meggy, Axol, Shroomy, Tari and Saiko to work for him, trapping Bob in a cage (which was actually unlocked), refusing to give his brother Luigi any food (causing Luigi to starve and become skinny to the point of anorexia), and banning memes, causing SMG4, who loves memes, to become an old man in response. He made his entrance in an impoverished part of Obey Square on a throne on a coffin, carried by some Royal Toad Guards wearing black, as Shroomy and Axol, now members of the Royal Guard Marching Band, announced his arrival playing Astronomia. Fed up with the continuous poverty that everyone had to go through and a new law (forcing everyone to play on his Minecraft server every day) that had gone too far, Meggy and her friends stood up against the dictatorial King, who became quickly agitated with this defiance, and sent the Royal Guards and the RMKP Toads after them, trying their best to quell the rebellion.
As the gang managed to defend themselves from the authorities, Mario became angrier and sent civilians to take them down (promising anyone who was successful ownership of Bob-omb Battlefield, much to King Bob-omb's ire). The gang then prepared themselves against this second wave, before being stopped by Peach who returned from her vacation and was angered at what was happening. She took back her crown from Mario and slapped him in anger for letting his newfound power go into his head, restoring the monarchy back to a constitutional one and making the civilians happy again, who carried her back to the castle. Mario, now no longer power-hungry, asked for his friends, who were frozen in shock, to come over to his house for some spaghetti, making all of them collapse to the ground, ending the episode.
- Peach Toadstool
- Bob Bobowski
- SMG4 (and briefly as Old Man Hobo)
- Meggy Spletzer
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Wizard Rock
- Chargin' Chuck
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- Barack Obama
- Mufasa /
- Fishy Boopkins
- Kermit the Frog
- Mr. Blizzard
- Koopa Troopas
- Monty Moles
- King Bob-omb
- Crash Bandicoot
- Toadsworth sucked by Mario into a black hole
- Donkey Kong was executed via guillotine
- Mufasa has been blown off a cliff
- Bowser fell off the roof of the castle after getting shot at by toads
- Chestburster-sized Xenomorph was thrown into the lake by Mario
- Hank Hillgot stabbed by Bob
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 1:33 - Peach's Castle, Super Mario 64
- 3:54 - Coconut Mall, Mario Kart Wii
- 7:20 - National Anthem of the Soviet Union
- 7:39 - Astronomia, Vicetone & Tony Igy
- 7:55 - Papers Please Theme Song
- 8:25 - Papers Please Death Theme
- 9:23 - Forest Maze (boss rmx) HQ - Super Mario RPG
- This is SMG3's first appearance in Season 10 and first appearance overall since War Of The Fat Italians 2019. This also marks his final appearance before the introduction of his new voice actor James Bailey (previously the voice actor of Fuego the Water Bottle) in SMG4: Mario's Spicy Day 🔥.
- This is the first time we see Bob with menacing red eyes.
- This is the first time an episode is centered around the Mushroom Kingdom government.
- It also reveals the type of government the kingdom has, which is a constitutional monarchy, where the monarch still has powers but is bound to constitutional limits.
- However, in If Mario was in The Sonic Movie, Chris Gordman mentioned an unknown President. It is unknown if it was just a plot point for the episode or the Mushroom Kingdom does have a president as well.
- Most likely it does, as President Toad Washington had an opening where the winner of a lottery could become president and run the Mushroom Kingdom.
- This is the second episode to acknowledge the "Beeg SMG4" and "Long SMG4" memes. The first was The Totally Legit Learning Show With SMG4.
- This is Peach's first major role since Bowser Loses Custody Of His Children.
- This is Toadsworth’s first speaking role of Season 10.
- This is Rob the Scarecrow's second appearance overall.
- This is one of Mario's few antagonistic roles, though he doesn't start off as one.
- Even though he was seen defending Long SMG4 with SMG3 in the video, Fishy Boopkins was the only modern SMG4 member not seen to try and foil Mario (and the toads) from his royal tyranny.
- This episode was themed as a cautionary tale warning about the effects of communism and letting power go to one's head. The episode is seen as a satire to former and current authoritarian regimes, especially to the Soviet Union, North Korea and China.
- When the Russian national anthem plays, it is sung using the present day lyrics, instead of the old Soviet lyrics. This was done to not let the episode condone actual communism.
- The Death of Stalin: This blooper is reference to this film.
- A Clockwork Orange: The intro of this blooper is a reference to the opening cutscene of this science fiction film directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- COVID-19 pandemic: A method of dealing with the pandemic is to enforce social distance, which is what Mario did in the video when dealing with the Black Plague.
- The Lion King: This video has 2 references from this film.
- Mario blows Mufasa off a cliff to his death is a reference to how Scar kills Mufasa from this film.
- Mario says "Long live the king", is a reference to a quote from Scar.
- Game of Thrones: Mario sits on the Iron Throne while also on a coffin.
- Communism in Russia: Meggy can be seen wearing a bearskin hat with a star on it when she still supported Mario's rule over the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Coffin Dance: The royal anthem for Mario Land and the entrance of Mario was the Coffin Dance meme.
- Manchester United: The crest used to represent "Mario Land" is clearly based on - and is maybe a parody of - the english football/soccer club Manchester United's official emblem.