SMG4: Mario VS Steve is the tenth episode of Season 8 and the 397th overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on March 10, 2018.
Prepare for one of the most epic battles you've ever witnessed...
Bleh, Minecraft sucks a**.
|—Mario and Steve|
Mario was walking down the city streets until he took a look outside of a video store, in which one of the TVs was displaying a commercial of Minecraft. Mario said it sucked right behind Steve, angering him. They both exchanged dirty looks before they engaged into a fight. Steve charged at Mario, breaking the window behind him. Mario countered it by kicking Steve back and throwing the broken TVs at him, dodging all but one. Steve then threw one back at Mario's crotch, stunning him for a few seconds. It also gave Steve a chance to spin around Mario and throw him into a street light. They later scrolling through the background as the two had their fistfight on each other when Steve ran into Waluigi selling his tacos.
Steve then used Waluigi as a sword, while Mario used his brother, Luigi. Going into a sword fight, Steve later knocks Luigi off Mario's hand and Steve hit a final blow with Waluigi, sending Mario down a red pipe. Steve followed him into the sewers but he landed into a tub of Spiky Shells Mario set up. Taunted, Steve charged again, but hit a wall, giving time for Mario to flee. Mario hid in one of the six pipes and began doing some tricks at Steve until Steve found a block containing a fire flower, and set flames to the pipes. Mario was set ablaze, having Steve taunt him back. Mario extinguished himself and sent both of them out of the sewers with some kicks.
After falling into a current, the two were subjected to rapid waters. Mario punched Steve into a big rock. Steve then appeared at a hill, and leaped at Mario into the bottom of the ocean. Mario threw a Cheep-Cheep at Steve, who came back armed with Enguarde The Swordfish. Mario brought out a Porcupuffer and landed a blow onto Steve's face. Steve fired back with an Unagi, taunting Mario yet again. A silhouette of Wailord appeared and ate the two.
Inside Wailord's mouth, the two continued the fight. Steve grabbed a hold of a bone, only for Mario to take cover behind Wailord's uvula. Steve struck it and sent Mario down its esophagus, but luckily, Wailord barfed out the two. Landing on a beach nearby, Steve woke up and found Mario to have run off from the beach. He then dressed up into a commando uniform and was ready to strike. Meanwhile, Mario was taking cover from Steve but heard strange noises coming from the coastal forest. Mario wanted to flee, but Steve caught up to him, ready to throw his spear, and spammed it all the way. Mario took cover again, and threw a rock at Steve, hitting him and giving Mario the chance to run and find a nearby spaceship. Mario was confronted by Steve again and decided to flee. Mario pushed a button to launch the spaceship. While both of them fought to ride it, Steve won the ship and took it off.
However, Steve saw Mario climbing a vent as the Mario left behind was actually a fake corpse. Mario then charged at Steve and turned off the artificial gravity without knowing. The two continued the fight, with no effect to anything because of the anti-gravity. The two bounced off the walls at each other and then Mario took down Steve by hitting him in the crotch like what Steve to him did earlier. Mario then used the unconscious Steve to get a few hits in for a short amount of time. About to be finished off by a fireplace, Steve pressed the emergency exit button, sending the two in great force out of the ship. While neither gave up, Kirby was flying in his star. Mario knocked him off and took his ride. Steve found and stole Slippy Toad’s ship. Both got into a dogfight. Steve activated the weaponry of his ship and Mario missed an attack. After coming across an asteroid belt, Mario got beheaded, neutralizing him. Steve did not take any notice of the belt and destroyed his ship. Mario regenerated his head and was ready to escape back to Earth until he was hit by the Angry Moon.
It then charged into the two and right into Earth, causing the destruction of the town. Mario was now exhausted, and Steve held him to surrender, so he surrendered, which makes Steve insanely happy, only for Mario to reveal that he lied, causing Steve to turn himself into Super Saiyan, and finished off Mario in several hits. This time, Mario told him that Minecraft is okay for real, causing Steve to be happy again and get the victory he deserved.
- Mario (possible antagonist, on Steve's perspective)
- Steve (possible antagonist, on Mario's perspective)
- 00:06 - (sounds like Super Pipe House)
- 00:28 - (ominous music when Steve is triggered)
- 00:35 - (pop music in b flat minor when fight begins; can’t hear lyrics)
- 01:01 - O.K. House, Jet Set Radio
- 01:50 - Swiggity Swooty, YaBoyJDub
- 01:52 - Let Mom Sleep, Jet Set Radio
- 02:32 - (remix of Mario’s main motif when Steve and Mario flat down)
- 03:56 - Main Theme, Jaws
- 04:09 - (electro version of Mario underground motif during whale)
- 05:01 - (jungle music during jungle scene)
- 05:31 - (comedic music in d b minor when Mario on the run)
- 06:01 - Oki Doki!!, Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story
- 06:32 - Guile’s Theme (Remix), R.A.H. (OverClocked ReMix)
- 06:48 - Battlefield (Fighting Polygon Team), Super Smash Bros. 64
- 07:09 - The Blue Danube, Johann Strauss II
- 07:41 - Green Greens, Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 07:50 - Karma Charmeleon – Culture Club (8 - Bit); QuadFactor
- 07:58 - Into The Cosmos, Metal Slug 3
- 08:43 - Escape, Metal Slug 3
- 08:52 - Link He Come To Town, Joe Pleiman
- 09:10 - Dreams of Cruelty, Team Fortress 2
- 09:30 - Imperial March, Star Wars (Empire Strikes Back)
- 09:48 - (rock music in a minor when Steve goes Saiyan)
- Steve can go Super Saiyan 3. In R64: Mario Simulator, Mario went Super Saiyan towards the end of it.
- This is the third time Mario and Steve fought each other. The first time was in SSENMODNAR DELUXE in a Smash Bros. like stage, where Steve easily won by surprising Mario with his dance moves. The second time was in Mario Gladiators, where Mario was the victor.
- This video was made during the "National Mario Holiday" (March 10) in which people celebrate by having a Mario-themed party or simply playing Mario games.
- When Link uses Waluigi as a sword after Steve dropped him off, the subtitle box refers Waluigi as "The legendary Wahster Sword".
- In the middle of the video, curse words are censored and are still censored to this day, probably because of Youtube's demonetization policy. However, they weren't censored in the beginning of the video.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - The Angry Moon from the game crashing into and destroying the city is a reference to the plot of the titular game, where it will crash into the alternate dimension of Termina in three days (54 minutes in real time).
- Family Guy - The scene where Mario and Steve fight each other around the world was similar to the Chicken fights from Family Guy where the protagonist Peter Griffin fights against his rival Ernie the chicken. Their fights usually cause destruction in the city, usually killing bystanders by accident.
- Johann Strauss - The song that plays when Mario is beating up Steve in space is the "Blue Danube Waltz" by Johann Strauss. (see Music Used)
- Dragon Ball Z - At the end of the fight, Steve went Super Saiyan 3 and defeated Mario easily. Also, the Dragon Ball Z English theme song plays in the background.