SMG4: Mario VS Youtubers is the sixth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and eleventh overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on February 27, 2021.
Mario fights Content Creators because why not 🥊
Susan Wojcicki announced a fighting tournament among YouTubers, and would delete those who goes against her as punishment, particularly she held this for her sadistic amusement. The winner would face the previous tournament champion, PewDiePie. Upon hearing this, SMG4 went and pleaded to Mario to take his place. As Meggy eavesdropped on their competition, she offered Mario training. Mario, however, declined upon reminiscing her intense training two years ago.
Determined to help Mario, she sneakfully helped Mario by improving his training, although Mario did not budge to see her. At the tournament, Mario easily defeated Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Keemstar, and Dream, and was chosen to face PewDiePie. In a last effort, he made PewDiePie break a rule in YouTube's Terms and Services, forcing Susan to banish him to the Internet Graveyard. Mario is declared the winner and Susan decides to give the other Youtubers copyright strikes instead of deleting them. Mario was then paraded to SMG4's for a party.
Meggy, seeing the action from the grandstand, left for home, disheartened. Apparently, she is in the middle of an existential crisis and personal moral crossroads because she could not find any passion she is good with. Looking at her Splatfest trophy she noticed, she hoped that she would move on, but still finds it difficult. As she was about to take a nap, a black entity appeared near her door, but was slammed by Bob, who brought the after-party to her house with Mario, scaring her.
- Inugami Korone
- Arin Hanson
- Daniel Avidan
- Little Mac
- Oof Button
- Nostalgia Critic
- Kermit the Frog
- Shadow Meggy
- SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny: Meggy's trophy that she won from the final Splatfest appeared in this episode, albeit slightly small.
- SMG4: Mario And... The Well, SMG4: Officer Meggy and SMG4: Meggy's Part-Time Job: Meggy became a fire fighter, a policeman and a babysitter in these episodes, she has left all of these jobs as seen on her job ideas blackboard (babysitter isn't on the board but it's presumed she left that as well from the potential chaos that happened with the demon eye), (cooking/chef and lawyer is shown in many episodes).
- The Anime Arc: Mario still has a phobia of Meggy's intense training back then, showing flashbacks from SMG4: Meggy's Bootcamp and SMG4: Mario's Lemonade Stand.
- SMG4: The Pursuit of Happiness: Takes place after the events of the video.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 0:00 - Nostalgia Critic's intro theme
- 3:59 - Race Fanfare - Super Mario 64
- 4:01 - Main Menu - Punch-Out!!
- 8:37 - (Dream Manhunt Music) Trance Music for Racing Game - Bobby Cole - Orchestral Remix by Tytolis
- 9:48 - Menu Theme - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 10:29 - Victory Dance - Kirby's Dream Land
- 12:14 - Bumpsy Plains - Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
- 12:39 - Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy
- This episode marks the first appearance of Susan Wojcicki and the YouTube Remote since SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020.
- This episode has a noticeably similar title to SMG4: Mario VS Youtube.
- This episode confirms that Meggy has left being a police officer, hence why there is never a follow-up from SMG4: Officer Meggy due to criticism.
- In the cold opening, the man sitting right next to Luke Lerdwichagul is MediExcalibur2012, who edits the series.
- Inugami Korone appears as a YouTuber despite not being a actual person.
- Along with the announcement made at the beginning of the video, the side story revealing that Meggy isn't sure what to do with her life may hint towards the main conflict that she will face in her upcoming series.
- The thumbnail of the video was slightly altered on March 1, replacing the boxing ring background with a green screen background. It is speculated that it was likely so Mario and Pewdiepie could stand out more.
- This blooper confirms the Woomy Brigade from SMG4: Mario And... The Well is no longer active.
- James Bailey's Twitter icon can be seen on the YouTube channel Meggy and Mario were watching.
- Doc Louis's name is misspelled as "Doc Luis".
- Sunset Paradise: This video reveals that Meggy can't find a purpose in life since Mario didn't need her to be his Trainer for the Youtuber battle Tournament. Meggy is seen watching a video called "Top 10 Vacation Spots" (right before Mario changed it to a guy spilling a plate of Chicken Parmesan), referencing that she wants to go on vacation. After Mario won the tournament, Meggy goes home & realizes she can't think of anymore jobs to try out, making her feel useless in life. A black portal with evil Yellow eyes appears right by Meggy's front door, but before whatever darkness can get through, Bob opens the Front Door unexpectedly, making the portal close up.
- Animaniacs: Susan Wojcicki's surname changes to Wakko, Yakko and Dot, a reference to the three characters of same respective names.
- Five Nights at Freddy's: After Mario bit Markiplier, Mark says "Was that the Bite of '87?", a reference to an event in the game series. It is actually the Bite of '83, however, as revealed in the fourth game, which takes place in 1983.