SMG4: Mario and the Anime Challenge is the nineth episode of Season 9 and the four hundred and eighty-five overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is the first episode of the The Anime Arc. It was aired on March 16, 2019.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 2.1 Challenge 1: Who can run like Naruto the fastest?
- 2.2 Challenge 2: Who can do the best anime love confession?
- 2.3 Challenge 3: Who can scream like Goku the best?
- 2.4 Challenge 4: Who can speak the best Japanese?
- 2.5 Challenge 5: Who can win in an anime argument?
- 2.6 Final Challenge: Who can win in an anime battle?
- 2.7 Scoreboard
- 3 Characters
- 4 Continuity
- 5 Music
- 6 Trivia
Mario and friends have a contest on who can be the most weeb. Who do you think won?
Um, Goku did it!
|—Bob Bobowski, at the end of the episode|
Mario, for some reason is sleeping in the gardens right outside the castle. Suddenly, Tari is running down the hill screaming at the top of her lungs; she is being chased by Meggy , who is shooting her down with a paint gun like a maniac. Tari attempts to save herself by hiding behind the over-sized plumber, which unsurprisingly doesn't work out. Meggy then jumps very high into the air to just shoot both of them. The ink explodes and leaves both of them injured.
Apparently, Meggy was going ballistic on Tari since she needed her Splatfest training, she couldn't get if she didn't fire back. Shocked, Tari suggested just shooting at in-game items such as Duck Hunt. However, Meggy reiterated that she needed the training. Giving in, Tari pulled out her own ink gun. Suddenly, Bob appeared out of nowhere, freaking her out into shooting him down. She and Fishy Boopkins asked if he was alright while Mario and Meggy congratulated her sharpshooting skills.
Just then, Meggy wondered if the two were here to help her train but Boopkins said no. However, before he could say the true reason, Bob jumped to the roof to announce the reason: Finding a judge for their anime contest for being the most weeb. Everyone except Meggy (understandably disgusted) became interested in being part of the contest with Tari as the judge and Mario as a contestant (the two wanted Meggy to be the judge but she declined after suffering from the events of SMG4: Mario waits for pizza for her training). Eventually, everyone left Meggy for their contest.
Challenge 1: Who can run like Naruto the fastest?
Tari gives them the signal to go, with the three running at superhuman speeds. Bob ends up tripping Fishy with his "super legjitsu skills", while he and Mario duel to see who would win. Mario, with his powers, splits into three clones of himself. Bob decides to counterattack Mario with his own clones but instead made four clones of Bob the Builder. Unfortunately, Mario's clones are superior to Bob and his duplicates, which results in the Bobs blasting off and Tari declaring Mario the winner.
Challenge 2: Who can do the best anime love confession?
The gang tries to confess their love anime-style, but it makes Tari uncomfortable and confused. Although Mario initially showed her hope by confessing it normally, she decided it was a tie after seeing that Mario had kidnapped Hideo Kojima to give to her as her present, due to knowing how much she loves video games.
Challenge 3: Who can scream like Goku the best?
The trio goes to a park and starts screaming like crazy, spooking out a Goomba mother and her children. Boopkins ends up losing first due to the shortage of breath, leaving only Bob and Mario. Unfortunately for the plumber, he couldn't take anymore and his head exploded, leaving Bob as the winner. Bob then transforms into a Super Saiyan 3 from Dragon Ball and claims himself to be unstoppable, but is intimidated by Shaggy from Scooby-Doo (as a reference to the Ultra Instinct Shaggy meme) into shutting up.
Challenge 4: Who can speak the best Japanese?
The challenge is to (as the title says) speak fluent Japanese to Saiko Bichitaru. Mario and Bob fail at this, due to Bob barely knowing a thing about the Japanese language and Mario only knowing "Italian", causing Saiko to slap Bob into the other side and violently smash Mario's head with her hammer due to the latter raising the middle finger. Boopkins then shows his abilities to speak Japanese (from watching a lot of anime), impressing Saiko and making him the winner.
Winner: Fishy Boopkins
Challenge 5: Who can win in an anime argument?
Fishy Boopkins and Bob get into an argument Phoenix Wright-style, but Tari was too confused so she declared Mario the winner despite him doing nothing (except for saying pingas).
Final Challenge: Who can win in an anime battle?
The trio is ready for battle. Boopkins is immediately defeated by Mario after letting his guard down while kicking Bob to a nearby mountain by being set on fire by the Mario Finale, leaving Bob and the plumber as the only ones left. Mario makes the mistake of taunting Bob, causing the latter to charge and fire a KAMEHAMEHA at him, destroying Peach's Castle's roof. Peach Toadstool then came out unaware of what happened until she turned around. Now mad, she stares angrily at the gang, especially at Bob for destroying her roof. The episode ends with Bob trying to put the blame on Goku from Dragon Ball since he regularly does the KAMEHAMEHA technique.
|1||Who can run like Naruto the fastest?||Mario|
|2||Who can do the best anime confession?||Draw|
|3||Who can scream like Goku the best?||Bob|
|4||Who can speak the best Japanese?||Fishy Boopkins|
|5||Who can win in an anime argument?||Mario|
|6||Who can win in an anime battle?||Bob|
- Bob the Builder
- Hideo Kojima
- Shaggy Rogers
- Old Man Hobo
- Micro Goomba
- Aku Aku
- Monty Mole
- Koopa Troopa
- Conker the Squirrel
- Barack Obama
- Mr. Blizzard
- Toadsworth (mentioned by Bob when deciding who to be the judge)
- Goku (mentioned by Bob on who destroyed the castle)
- SMG4: Mario waits for pizza: Meggy still had a phobia of watching anime with Boopkins and Bob when Fishy Boopkins mentioned the anime challenge.
- SMG4: Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse: Saiko's hammer reappears.
- SMG4: Mario The Boy Scout and SMG4: Mario waits for pizza - Bob's ninja hat reappears.
- The Anime Arc: First episode of the arc, kickstarting the events that play out.
- SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation: The sequel to this episode, when the government starts to ban anime after the damage it had caused in this episode.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 0:15 - Piranha Plant's Lullaby, Super Mario 64
- 1:05 - "The Time Machine, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
- 1:52 - Ema Skye ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2005, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 2:35 - Skilled In The Arts by Johannes Bornlöf
- 3:14 - Victory! Super Mario, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- 3:26 - "桜キッス(TVサイズ), 河辺千恵子"
- 4:04 - Godot ~ The Fragrance of Dark-Colored Coffee, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
- 4:24 - Dating Start!, Undertale
- 4:45 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Theme,The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
- 4:49 - Main Theme, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 5:38 - "Potion Shop, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time by SilvaGunner"
- 5:53 - "Shop, Super Mario Odyssey"
- 6:13 - "Climb the Peak (Pagoda Peak), Mario Party 7"
- 6:43 - Victory! Kirby, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- 6:58 - Steel Samurai, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 7:21 - Pursuit ~ Cornered, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 7:53 - "Game Won, Dr. Luigi"
- 9:28 - "Peach's Castle, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time"
- This is the first episode of The Anime Arc.
- This is Old Man Hobo's first appearance in the flesh since SMG4 Christmas 2018: The Most Important Thing. He previously appeared in a flashback in SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island.
- Saiko Bichitaru mentioning that she has to be in an anime-themed episode counts as a Fourth Wall break.
- Slayers: At the 4th challenge Bob did the same pose & laugh as Naga The Serpent.
- Pokémon (Anime): After Bob and his Bob the Builder clones were knocked into the sky, he said "Team Bob is blasting off again", a running gag in the anime whenever Team Rocket loses to the protagonists.