SMG4: Nintendo Gets Deleted is the eighth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and fourteenth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on March 13, 2021.
What REALLY happens on March 31st...
On the night of March 31st, 2021, Sony Interactive Entertainment sent Solid Snake to conduct a dawn raid on Nintendo to monopolize the gaming market (by throwing away the stonks while Miyamoto was sleeping), effectively making Nintendo a subsidiary. With the takeover, Mario and the other Nintendo characters lost their independence, with Shigeru Miyamoto forced by Sony to assist them in cease-and-desist lawsuits against independent developers in their efforts of monopolization. Spyro, the mascot of Sony, forces the Nintendo characters in first-party PlayStation games.
The Nintendo characters were included in the PlayStation games, with:
- Mario in Crash Bandicoot (1996)
- Luigi in God of War (2018)
- Toad in Ape Escape (1999)
- Bowser in Metal Gear Solid (1998)
- Fishy Boopkins and Bob in Ratchet and Clank (2002)
- Wario and Waluigi in Final Fantasy VII.
The characters suffered from abuse in their new environment, with Mario getting crushed by numerous boxes after finishing a level, Luigi getting attacked by goblins as part of a training regimen with Kratos (though with the benefit of making him incredibly buff), Toad getting his skull crushed by a giant gorilla, Bowser hurting his leg after Snake used him to take down some enemies, Bob getting a propeller mushroom shoved up his butt by Fishy Boopkins while trying to mimic Ratchet and Clank’s flying abilities, and Wario and Waluigi getting shot at by a dinosaur (Barney) and a demon, no thanks to Wario’s useless limit break. The takeover also impacted SMG4, as Sony now steals his revenue and sues him for using the former Nintendo characters in his memes. Mario has had enough, and along with the rest of the Nintendo characters, organized a raid on Sony Interactive Entertainment, fighting for their independence. As the Mario Bros., Toad and Bowser approached Spyro's office, they were greeted by Crash, Snake, Sephiroth from Final Fantasy and Kratos from the “Greek Era”. Bowser, Luigi and Toad managed to defeat the former three (with Bowser, with Kirby's ability help, trapping Snake inside his own box with a bomb, Luigi punching Crash through “Quick-Time Events”, and Toad stabbing Sephiroth from behind) while Mario dealt with Kratos by launching a Bullet Bill at the Ghost of Sparta.
In the CEO's office, Spyro was about to finalize the takeover by burning the Nintendo stocks in front of Miyamoto, until the Bullet Bill flew into him, forcing him out of the building. As the four reached Miyamoto, they were too late to save the stocks, and Miyamoto was erased from existence. Feeling saddened, the Meme Man suddenly appeared to reimburse the stocks, making Miyamoto appear again. The Nintendo characters latter celebrated their spin-off and regained their position as one of the Big Three of Gaming, while Sony was left with none, until Electronic Arts came to offer them to sell themselves out.
- Peach Toadstool
- Samus Aran
- Princess Daisy
- Aku Aku
- Pipo Monkey
- Old Man Hobo
- Funky Kong
- King Dedede
- Mii Brawler
- King K. Rool
- King Harkinian
- Sly Cooper
- Donkey Kong
- Tom Nook
- Joel Miller
- Gex the Gecko
- Sir Daniel Fortesque
- Lanky Kong
- Hunter the Cheetah
- Doctor Neo Cortex
- Coco Bandicoot
- Dr. N. Gin
- Tiny Tiger
- Captain Falcon
- Kazuma Kiryu
- Bowser Jr.
- Mr. Cockington (summoned by Snake's chicken)
- Christiano Ronaldo (in a van owned by Electronic arts, unsuprisingly referencing the FIFA series)
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- Fishy Boopkins and Bob Bobowski are the only modern characters who appear in the blooper, as their models originate from Nintendo franchises (Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda, respectively). No original characters appear in this blooper due to clearly not being from any official video games.
- This episode's plot of Nintendo being deleted on March 31st, 2021 is a reference to a popular meme that Mario would die on that day, due to the fact that most of the games released during the Super Mario Bros. 35 Anniversary (such as Super Mario 3D All-Stars) were pulled from sale on that day.
- The way Toad kills Sephiroth is both the reference to the latter's killing of Aerith Gainsborough in Final Fantasy VII, and False Sephiroth's killing of Desti in SMG4: World War Mario.
- Sony being the antagonist could reference the company's increasing acquisitions of other companies such as Crunchyroll.
- It could also be a reference to their general friendly rivalry with Nintendo.
- This is the second episode to have a Splatoon reference but not feature Meggy, the first being SMG4: If Mario was in... Fall Guys.
- This is Toad's, Wario’s and Waluigi’s first major role since SMG4: SMG4 🅴🆇🅿🅰🅽🅳🆂 His Brain, and their first major roles of Season 11.
- This is Meme Man's first appearance since SMG4: SMG4 Runs Out of Memes and first appearance in Season 11.
- One of Wario's attacks is the Waluigi Launcher.
- Joel Miller getting wacked by Peach with a golf club could be a reference to how Joel died in the controversial PS4 video game The Last of Us Part II due to Abby Anderson killing Joel with a golf club because he killed her father in the first game, Jerry Anderson.
- This is the first episode since SMG4: Stupid Bowser's Fury to not feature Meggy Spletzer, as she left for Port Aurora in My New Adventure.
- Even though they have exclusives on a Sony PlayStation console, Snake, Crash, Spyro, Dante and Sephiroth are not owned by Sony (Crash & Spyro belong to Activision, Solid Snake belongs to Konami, Dante belongs to Capcom, & Sephiroth belongs to Square Enix).
- When Mario and Sypro was on the bullet bill when they went through the window AGK Scream Plays.
- At 4:54, Kratos' subtitles are briefly shown at the lower part of the video before being moved to the upper part.