SMG4: SMG4 Goes Insane is the eighteenth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and twenty-forth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
I dont f̶͖͠ȅ̶̡̯̮e̵̥͚̬̅̅l̷͖̘͆́̓ ̷̧͖̍͆ͅs̷̻͉̈́́ọ̷͖̏͛́͜ ̵͎̄̌ͅg̴̩͕̙͆o̵̼͘͝ō̷͈͔͊d̸͓̺̉
Mario was tasked by Peach to look at SMG4, who has reportedly gone insane for 2 weeks. As Mario went in to investigate, he discovered SMG4, who had gone insane during his research of Zero, his avatar, SMG1 and SMG2. SMG4 went on to attack Mario, but was later quickly subdued as Mario hit his head with a baseball bat. Placing him on a stretcher, Mario had an idea to use the magic mushroom powder he stole from E. Gadd's laboratory to explore SMG4's mind.
Mario travels within his mind, discovering that SMG4's mind was filled with dead memes. On the way, he gets distracted by playing with the dead memes (and steals Doge's Dogecoin) until they suddenly started dissolving from a "Zero-like" glitch effect and are soon replaced with thinking emojis before it's revealed that Doge is the only meme who survived, thus allowing him to enact revenge on Mario by throwing him through the ceiling. Above the ceiling, Mario meets the manifestation of SMG4's creativity, who explained that SMG4's creativity was being muddled by SMG4's new thoughts. He begged Mario to find the source of these thoughts and sent him to his studio. At a filming of a Hobo Bros episode (with Boopkins standing in for Kevin), Mario was caught by the SMG4s who worked there, who asked him to do something funny, in which he did a Club Penguin dance. The SMG4s started cheering, causing Mario to say "Mario number ONE!". Upon hearing the word "one", the SMG4s froze, and Mario realized what he just said. Boopkins ended up making things worse by saying that being number one was better than being number two, causing the SMG4s to panic and turn into 1s and 2s.
Mario was then dropped into a void, where another SMG4's innermost spirit is seen trying to make his audience laugh with memes that he had prepared earlier, but they found them to be cringey and booed him. To make things worse, shadow versions of Saiko, Boopkins, Tari, and Axol representing SMG4's worst fears appeared to tell SMG4 that they never liked him, causing SMG4 to lose the will to live as Zero's eye appeared as SMG4's mind started to dissolve into 1s and 0s. Mario walked up to SMG4's spirit and slapped SMG4's spirit, telling him to stop being sad. SMG4's spirit told Mario that he believed that no one liked SMG4 anymore, but Mario told the spirit that he should love himself and that "dying is gay", giving SMG4's spirit the encouragement to discard his negative feelings, purifying the shadow versions of his friends and restoring the memes. Together, Mario, the memes, and SMG4's innermost spirit destroyed Zero's eye, saving SMG4's mind from destruction.
Mario wakes SMG4 up after his exit. Although SMG4 was cured of his insanity, he was still pondering over the questions that still lingered around him, and that he'll find answers some day in which Mario told him that nobody cares, making the meme lord hit Mario off the screen with the baseball bat that Mario used to knock him out earlier for not being supportive of SMG4's theories, ending the episode.
- A Toad
- Mr. Krabs
- Lou Albano
- SMG1 and SMG2
- Professor E. Gadd
- Pink Yoshi
- Wallace and Gromit
- Dr. Eggman
- Jon Arbuckle
- Kermit the Frog
- Chica the Chicken
- Pepe the Frog
- Elmer Fudd
- Bugs Bunny
- Old Man Hobo
- Meggy Spletzer
- Koopa Troopas
- Cheep Cheeps
- Bullet Bills
- Mr. Blizzards
- Monty Moles
- Cube the Penguin
- Heavy Weapons Guy
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 3:06 Flower Garden - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- 3:18 Into The Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
- 3:30 Play a Mini-Game - Mario Party 1
- 3:40 Coconut Mall - Mario Kart Wii
- 3:44 Super pingas land
- 3:59 Nook's Cranny - Animal Crossing
- 4:59 Title Theme - Mario Kart Wii
- 5:32 Ending Theme - Super Mario World
- 6:12 Nintendo Wii - Mii Channel Theme
- 8:09 Sonic R - Can you feel the sunshine
- 9:31 Persona 4 - Who's there?
- 10:56 SAVE The World - Undertale
- Gromit died from unknown reasons.
- Wallace got crushed by Robotnik the Pingas Engine.
- SMG0's eye got destroyed by SMG4's innermost spirit.
- SMG4: Mario goes to the dentist and SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2: SMG4's absences in the previous 2 episodes is finally revealed.
- SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special: SMG4 has gone insane from his obsession with the mysteries about Zero, his avatar, SMG1 and SMG2 after the events from this movie.
- SMG4: Marioception: Mario travels to SMG4's mind for the second time.
- SMG4: Mario's Internet Safety: This video also appears on pre-SMG4: Into the Dark Web version of the SMG4's YouTube website. At the earlier of that video, Bob, as a hacker, replaces the video with a fake video named "SMG4 EXPOSED?! I'M ACTUALLY A MONKEY", which turns SMG4 into Donkey Kong.
- This is the first episode to be written by Aaron Rogers, better known as Nintendofan997 (or simply X), since SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2019, and the first non-WOTFI episode since Super Mario 64 Bloopers: Orbical Adventures, over 9 years prior.
- Peach exclusively uses her mainline Mario model for the first time since SMG4: The E G G.
- SMG4's mind contains references to older content, including the Ssenmodnar music, Robotnik the Pingas Engine, dead memes, and Hobo Bros.
- Doge is the only meme that survived SMG4's "theory crisis", possibly due to the anger of having his Dogecoin being stolen by Mario. If he was eventually deleted, he was the last one standing.
- Although, it could be referring to the fact that Doge always comes back from the dead.
- Shadow versions of SMG4's friends appear. Similar to Shadow Meggy and Mari0, their job is to make SMG4 lose the will to live, but they are different in which they represent characters that SMG4 cared about, and while Shadow Meggy is brutally honest with Meggy, the shadow versions of SMG4's friends tell SMG4 outright lies. It doesn't help that there's Persona 4 music playing in the background.
- This episode was originally an episode of the Genesis Arc but was later removed from the playlist for a currently unknown reason, despite being significant to the arc.
- The map used near the beginning of the video is the same one used in the video SMG4: Marioception.
- Coincidentally, the main idea of the videos are both about dreaming and about Mario enter SMG4's mind.
- This episode is rated TV-PG on IMDB.
- The ending announcement of the video shows the script that SMG4 is reading from. SMG4 plainly reads the line "LUKE DOES A MEME AND JAMES GOTTA MAKE THE FUNNY", then he just cuts to "BYE" and Kevin's voice can be heard.
- Right before SMG4 was knocked out by Mario again, he shouts that Zero might actually be SMG0, only to be cut off as he is knocked out again. SMG0's true name was finally confirmed by Mario in SMG4: The Other Universe and by SMG2 in SMG4: MARIOS OKAY.
- Avengers: Infinity War: The short description of this blooper is the reference to the Thanos Snap.
- The Matrix: This blooper is an obvious parody of this film directed by The Wachowskis and starring Keanu Reeves.
- Hobo Bros: The studio segment references Luke and Kevin's show, but with SMG4 and Fishy Boopkins, referencing the characters they voiced.
- Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf: The part where SMG4 getting hit by objects thrown by an angry audience while dancing is somehow a little similar to the intro of the first season of the Chinese animated series, where one of the main characters of the show, Wolffy, disguised as a goat while holding a sign that says he's a goat, before being hit by the objects (including a frog) thrown at him. This is most likely a coincidence.
- Persona: While SMG4 is struggling to make his audience laugh, "Who's There" from Persona 4 plays. Cognitive replicas of his friends in shadow forms appear to tell SMG4 that he's not funny and that they don't like him, nearly driving SMG4 to suicide. On top of that, everything here is taking place within SMG4's mind, meaning everything here represents SMG4's worst fears. It takes Mario to enter SMG4's mind to convince SMG4 not to die.
- STBlackST: The famous line "Always remember. Dying is gay" comes from the SFM / Gmod TF2 video "Endless Unusual Troubles" by STBlackST. This replica has since remained known in memory of the late Rick May, the voice of Soldier.
- Shadow Tari says "We don't like you" in the subtitles, but she never actually say it, instead she says that SMG4 is boring.