SMG4: SMG4 Runs Out of Memes is the forty-third episode of Season 9 and the five hundred and forty-first overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on November 23, 2019.
After realizing that his memes are not succeeding, SMG4 realizes that he has lost his touch on memes, so he asks his friends to search memes that are funny for everyone.
Maybe... I'm just not fit to do this anymore...
|—SMG4 about to give up on memes forever|
SMG4 uses his Twitter account on his computer. He has just posted a meme that consists of Fishy Boopkins' eyes in his lips but said meme only got two likes and somehow three negative retweets. As SMG4 raged, he discovered Bowser Jr. had posted a comment about how he was running out on memes. Outraged, he barged into Bowser's castle and was about to smack Bowser Jr. with a baseball bat when Bowser arrived and asked what was going on. Thinking quickly, SMG4 lied to him that they were playing baseball. After giving the YouTuber a speech about how new generation memes were better, Bowser Jr. kicked SMG4 out of the castle. The YouTuber then decided to get help in spicing up his memes.
Mario was giving a comedy class to SMG4 and Greg The Alien (only Greg clapped) where he suggested YTPs to make the audience cry in sadness but after SMG4 confirmed it quickly corrected himself to laughter. SMG4 then decided to remake a YTP using Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and King Harkinian but after making the video, Mario commented that it was a load of sh*t, causing SMG4 to swear.
In her home, Meggy recommended short music and random videos for SMG4 to use. Intrigued, he tried to make one with Meggy (after commenting that despite it being Tik Tok, it resembled Vine which Meggy denied). SMG4 first tried singing but couldn't. Next, she told him to try dancing but although in his head he danced well, in the video he looked like he was suffering a stroke. He then declared his secret weapon, which was to do the Hit or Miss cringe meme. Knowing what happened the last time that happened, Meggy just left her house, leaving behind his phone.
At Peach's Castle, Luigi was telling SMG4 to use the four-panel troll meme as a way to get some love. He made an example and showed it to a red Toad, who proceeded to jump off the bridge committing suicide upon seeing such an outdated meme. Luigi commented that he jumped off in joy, causing SMG4 to use the plan by wearing a troll mask. Later in a bus ride, Isabelle was rightfully worried about being near SMG4 due to his mask and was calling the police on him.
At an unknown area, Fishy Boopkins was telling SMG4 about using the 10-hour long anime memes followed by pun memes, and then Minions memes. However, SMG4 knew using such ideas would be terrible.
Soon after, Bob shows up and steals his phone. Bob headed to a McDonald's restaurant, and made the memes deep-fried in visuals. SMG4 however also hated that idea when Bob suggested making the video also be deep-fried in visual, breaking the fourth wall. Just then, Boopkins entered, saying his face didn't feel right. Having enough, SMG4 punched Bob into the deep-fryer, returning the video back to normal except for Bob.
Back in Peach's Castle, Tari was watching some cute kittens compilation video which SMG4 said was not a meme. However, she was soon lost in said video and SMG4 decided that although it was not a meme, it could still work. He later tried to do so with a dog (which just left the room), Bob from Animal Crossing (who got triggered), a bear (which made it cry and run away, causing its parent to come out and shoot at SMG4), and finally, some Rocks. Mario and Tari saw what SMG4 was doing and were shocked, with Mario commenting that SMG4 had become insane.
Dejected, SMG4 decided to give up his meme life by throwing away his cap when suddenly, the Meme Man appeared from the trash can and gave him encouragement. Convinced, SMG4 wore back his cap and proceeded to make a meme that earned him many retweets and likes on Twitter, a meme where it has Mario let go of Cappy and fall onto JonTron's shoulder, causing him to yell in pain.
- Greg The Alien
- King Harkinian
- Dr. Eggman
- Bear Father
- Tito Jimenez
Opening advertistement only
- SMG4: The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe: SMG4 still remembers his "secret weapon", which is to sing the cringe song, Hit or Miss.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 2:13 - Woody Woods, Mario Party 3
- 3:27 - Mini-Game Park, Mario Party 3
- 3:39 - Studiopolis Zone Act 1, Sonic Mania
- 4:37 - Emotional Prism, BIGWAVE
- 5:01 - Good Luck!, Mario Party 3
- 5:28 - File Select, Mario Party 3
- 9:10 - Hopes & Dreams, Undertale
- Excluding Little Penguin Lost, this was the final blooper to use the Season 8 SMG4 logo, but in 2021 they started to use the Season 8 logo again, but only on the thumbnails.
- This episode serves as a follow-up to The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe, which features SMG4 and the internet again as the main topic, which it serves as a satire on internet culture.
- The thumbnail of this episode is a reference to the 'stonks' meme.
- Excluding The Day SMG4 Posted Cringe since he appeared in a flashback, this is Greg The Alien's first appearance in the flesh since If Mario Was in... Minecraft.
- This is Dr. Eggman's first appearance since A Day In The Life Of Everyone.
- This is Frankie's first appearance since Mario's Lemonade Stand almost 8 months prior.
- This is Bowser Jr.'s first major role since War On Smash Bros Ultimate almost 1 year prior to this episode.