SMG4: Stupid Mario Sports Mix is the fourth episode of Season 8 and the three hundred ninety-second overall made by SMG4, it was uploaded on January 27, 2018.
Mario and friends all try out different sports. Most of them are pretty bad.
Everyone is doing their thing in Peach's Castle: Toad standing in his usual spot, Mario sleeping in spaghetti naked, SMG4 eating pizza and watching on TV, Bob Bobowski requesting to make "Bob the movie 3!", Fishy Boopkins and Luigi playing with dolls, Steve hanging around, Shroomy showing Meggy his badge collection, Wario and Waluigi with a stack of coins and Bowser dancing. Peach then burst through a door, complaining about the Toadstool Toads failing again in basketball. Wanting new players, Peach chooses Mario and his friends to see how good they can play sports. Mario has a question but Peach answers it saying that eating is not a sport, much to Mario's annoyance. The gang then starts playing.
This segment starts with Mario and Toad playing basketball against Bowser and Steve. Mario runs with the ball, while Steve tries to block him, only for him to fall. Mario shoots the ball but Bowser blocks it 4 times. Pissed, Mario calls Bowser a “flying fat man” and tackles him. While Bowser is pinned down by Mario, Toad gets the ball and Bowser knocks Mario off him. Bowser blocks Toad, in which Toad throws the ball at his face, only for the flying fat man to get hurt and cry. Toad then makes a slam dunk, Mario celebrates, and tells Bowser to suck his you-know-what.
The swimming segment starts with Shroomy, Toad, and SMG4 swimming. Peach then yells at Bowser to go in the pool. Bowser tells Peach that the pool is too deep and he doesn’t want to die, but Peach says to be more like Mario, who’s going fine. We see Mario swimming naked, drowning. Then, we see Luigi swimming freely, while Fishy Boopkins brags about his skills, telling him about his water-based upbringing, but only because he thought it was cool. Meggy then jumps to the water, but ends up dissolved as she's Inkling. After she respawns, Bowser then offers Meggy a floaty, much to her disappointment. Waluigi is seen riding on Wario and paddling like a canoe. Peach encourages them, wondering where Bob is, only to be shown that Bob is riding a jetski, saying he’ll be the best swimmer.
Link is seen to shoot an arrow, and hits a bullseye, encouraging the other to try. Mario then shoots an arrow up in the sky, which lands in his head a few seconds later. Luigi then shoots, but misses terribly. Wario then shoots, and it looks promising, but we then see that Waluigi is actually holding the arrow. Waluigi tries to hit it in the target, but just gives up and still celebrates. Wario celebrates too, but this just makes Link look at Wario annoyed. Meggy then shoots multiple arrows, and all hit the bullseye, making Link impressed. Bob then says that he’s better, being a Native American before. Bob shoots many arrows, terribly missing, but one arrow fortunately hit the edge of the target. Peach congratulated Bob, walking away with an arrow on her, making Bob worried.
This segment starts with Mario and SMG4 decently playing tennis. Except, they are unintentionally hurting each other with the tennis ball and making really loud and suggestive noises. Annoyed, Peach asks them to play quieter.
Mario is seen snow boarding. He’s doing okay, but when performing a trick, he failed landing on his face. Waluigi then does some tricks, which worked out well. Wario then does a trick, but he then fails terribly. Shroomy then brags saying that he’ll show them how it’s done. Shroomy does a great job doing a trick, but accidentally goes up a large ramp. This causes the mushroom to be in the sky. He got scared, but felt better because he thought he saw his house, then scared again as he fell.
We see people playing bowling, and Bowser hits a strike using his shell as a bowling ball. Peach feels uncomfortable seeing a nude Bowser, but Bowser is puzzled. Toad and Steve are then shown. Steve throws himself at the pins, knocking them down while Toad gets a gutter ball. Luigi then encourages Toad to pretend the pins to be someone he hates. That person is Toadette. This frightened Toad, unintentionally making him throw a strike, impressing Steve. Bob then throws a ball, but gets another gutter ball. He asks Boopkins how he’s doing, only to see that he’s eating a bowling ball (making him fat), thinking it's a buffet. Luigi has a split, and is worried. He asks Mario for help, but he is busy grinding his face with the ball returner, and calling himself a pizza pie. Angrily, Luigi threw the ball too hard, hitting every single pin in the entire room (and Steve) except for the 2 he needed to hit. Luigi quietly crawls away in embarrassment.
Shroomy is seen batting and Bowser is seen pitching. Bowser pitches the ball, causing it to ignite. Shroomy hits the ball, only for his bat to break and the catcher Charging Chuck’s hand to ignite and fall off. Luigi then pitches the ball, and SMG4 hits it strongly. Toad and Bob are fighting to get the ball. After it fell on the ground, Steve grabbed the ball and celebrated. This enraged Toad and Bob, attacking them. This caused them to fight over the ball once again. Mario is scared, because SMG4 was on his way to home. Mario gets the idea to distract SMG4 by taking off his clothes. This works, as SMG4 dies from Mario's ugliness.
Toad finally gets the ball and throws it home, getting SMG4 out. Mario then shows off to SMG4, but realizes that he’s dead. Waluigi is now pitching while Meggy is batting. Waluigi pitches the ball, and Meggy hits the ball even further, hitting a home run. Fishy Boopkins is about to get the ball, but he doesn’t because there’s a road and his dad told him it’s not safe. Wario and Mario are then angry, telling Boopkins to get the ball. Moonwalking to 3rd base due to her skills, Luigi gets scared about Meggy winning. Bob has then had enough of Boopkins being stupid and tries to get the ball, only to be run over by a car.
It’s a football game between Mario and Luigi vs Wario and Fishy Boopkins. Wario starts by trying to pass it under, but can't since he's too fat, so just turns around and throws it to Fishy. fishy gets tackled by Mario, but Mario then sees that he didn’t have the ball, and got Fishy instead. Luigi then gets the ball, celebrating. He then gets tackled by many Charging Chucks, causing Wario to get the ball with Mario chasing him. Fishy then goes to Luigi and they both agree to play Pokémon. Wario then gets angry, but Fishy finally snaps, telling Wario that he’s not playing, making Wario say “Fuck you”. For the rest of the segment, Mario and Wario were chasing each other with weapons for the football while Fishy and Luigi were playing Pokémon.
Peach thanks the gang to show off their skills. She then determines that they all suck, so she hired a professional team: the Teletubbies. Peach tells Mario and friends to suck caterpillars' dicks before leaving the room with the Teletubbies. Luigi questions why they haven't been chosen so Toad concludes that she's a b*tch, which everyone agrees.
- Toadstool Toads (On newspaper)
- Kobe Bryant (On newspaper) †
- Solgaleo (On Pokémon card box)
- Lunala (On Pokémon card box)
- Meggy got dissolved by water. (later revived)
- SMG4 dies after seeing Mario naked (later revived)
- SMG4: MarioTube & Mario's Extras: Mario University: Bob in the beginning is seen holding a sign that says "make Bob the movie 3".
- In Archery, Bob Bobowski notes that he was a native American in his past life, referencing his role in SMG4: Wild, Wild Mario and the story he tells in Bob's Mansion.
- The background used for the sport title introduction is Yankee Stadium; which is a baseball stadium in the Bronx of New York City.
- The music used for the sport title introduction is the Roulette music from Fortune Street.
- The Roulette music also happens to be a remix of the Overworld theme from Super Mario World.
- Fishy Boopkins' line about being born and molded in water and not seeing land until he was a man is a reference to the famous quote said by Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.
- Despite being fairly prominent, SMG4 gets no speaking subtitles.
- Swimming is the only aport Meggy fails in, due to her being an Inkling.
- it is unknown what the other members of the cast are doing during those segments with limited characters, but it can be presumed they are practising in a separate area.
- Despite Meggy succeeding in almost every sport, Peach still says she sucks at the end. This could be due to either peach referencing their poor team play, or simply thinking that it's easier to hire a whole team than a single character.
- 00:06 – 100 Mario Challenge – Map; Super Mario Maker
- 00:19 – The Stolen Star; Mario Party 1
- 00:39 – Mini-Game Stadium; Mario Party 1
- 00:57 – Casino Slot; Fortune Street
- 01:00 – Let’s Try; Mario Hoops 3 on 3
- 01:32 – Ranking Announcement; Mario Hoops 3 on 3
- 01:45 – Laboratory; Mario Party 2
- 02:05 – Deep Blooper Sea; Mario Party 3
- 02:27 – Splattack; Splatoon
- 03:02 – March Ahead; Paper Mario
- 03:23 – Grand Prix – F-Zero; Super Smash Bros Melee
- 03:36 – Victory Theme; Bomberman 64
- 03:43 – Victory Theme; Splatoon
- 03:49 - Battle Arenas; Mario Kart 64
- 04:11 – Tennis Wii Sports (parody); SilvaGunner
- 04:39 – It’s Tricky; SSX Tricky
- 04:54 – Let Mom Sleep; Jet Set Radio
- 05:41 – Training Menu; Wii Fit
- 06:21 – Pokey’s House; Earthbound
- 06:51 – Title Theme; Punch-Out (NES)
- 07:14 – Greenhorn Forest; Wario World
- 07:23 – Last Surprise; Persona 5
- 07:32 – Take Me to Partytown; Mario Party 7
- 07:45 – Let’s Play Baseball; Mario Superstar Baseball
- 08:23 – Mario’s Theme; Mario Strikers
- 08:52 – Delibird’s Delivery; Pokemon Stadium 2
- 08:56 - Luigi’s Theme; Mario Strikers
- 09:06 – Brewster’s Café; Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- 09:20 – Goomba Village; Paper Mario
- 09:37 – Adventure Begins; Mario Party 1
- 09:51 – Mannrobics (parody); SilvaGunner