SMG4: Super Mario Taxi is the forty-first episode of Season 9 and the five hundred and thirty-ninth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
. It was aired on November 9, 2019.
WELCOME TO MARIO's CRAZY TAXI SERVICE.
The actual blooper begins with Mario riding in Jeeves' taxi to La Porchetta. Unfortunately, Mario didn't understand what a taxi service was and not wanting to deal with him any longer, decided to pay Jeeves with fake money and get away before he felt his wrath. Of course, Mario was intrigued by what he experienced. He decided to become a taxi driver. He looked around and saw Toadsworth putting in his laundry into the back of his taxi. Taking the chance, Mario pushed him into the trunk and trapped him in there.
Now ready to be a taxi driver, Mario drove around looking for his first customer. It turned out to be Luigi. He needed to get to the hair salon in the Mushroom Mall. Mario delivered but went beyond just driving him to the mall. He drove inside the mall and right next to the salon, terrifying Luigi into being unconscious before leaving, to the point that King K. Rool thought he was a hobo and gave him some money out of pity.
Mario's second customer was Shroomy, who needed to go to the bank. At the red light, however, he encountered Bowser, where they ended up in a race. After running over Don Resetti for the second time (or in this case, just his stall, as Bowser was the one who ran him over), Mario picked up a banana which he used to try and stop Bowser but it failed. Bowser then picked up a Green Shell, which conveniently was from the Koopa Troopa passenger in his taxi. He threw the shell at Mario and succeeded, fling Shroomy out of the road (right next to the bank) and causing Mario to crash right into a fire hydrant. Mario could only swear at Bowser as he drove off, laughing over his victory.
Just as Shroomy was about to enter the bank, he heard gunshots far away. Turned out Yoshi was shooting at the Police, where he said he wasn't going back to jail while carrying a huge pile of money. Yoshi then ran through Shroomy, knocking him down. He then noticed Mario's taxi nearby and got in, ordering him to drive away. Mario obeyed and as he tried chatting with Yoshi, the police car was shot away, forcing the police to send in a helicopter to chase after the taxi instead. After a while, the police ordered Mario to stop and once again, Mario complied (though not before the police shot at the trunk, injuring Toadsworth). As Mario suddenly braked, Yoshi was flung out of the taxi and onto the road (he called out Mario for this action) before resuming his escape from the police briefly before getting blown up. Just as Mario was feeling a bit disappointed over not having any payment, he saw that Yoshi left behind the huge pile of money. He then took it.
Mario's fourth customer was Bob Bobowski, who wanted to go to Africa. Mario was confused before realizing how to get there: Drive through the ocean via a beach, nearly accidentally running over Master Chief, Fishy Boopkins, Professor E. Gadd, Sandy Cheeks, Tari, and Saiko Bichitaru (and somehow disturbed Shrek who treated the ocean like his swamp). As Mario asked what was his purpose to go to Africa, Bob said he had a Tinder date, which Mario liked him for. Unknown to them, there was something behind them until Mario's app revealed that it was giant eel from Jolly Roger Bay. By the time Bob turned around to see the eel, he could only say "Oh crap!" before he, Mario, and the taxi got eaten, leaving behind the app which lost its signal to the ocean. In Africa, somehow the eel reached their location and spat them out. bob got out and thanked Mario who then returned the way he came.
Mario's fifth and final customer was Meggy Spletzer (she complained about how her expensive phone only had 20 minutes of battery life), who wanted to go to Inkopolis so she could return home. Mario agreed and while they were driving singing about the country road, Meggy noticed that they somehow passed by the same building 20 times. Mario also noticed that and wondered why. Turned out it was a decision made by SMG4 to save on editing. Mario then stopped at McDonald's to get a meal. Meggy decided why not and joined him.
After getting the meal, they were about to resuming going to Inkopolis when they saw Big Smoke towing away the taxi due to it being illegally parked on the disabled parking lot. Meggy tried defending Mario by saying he has a disabled leg. Big Smoke was unimpressed naturally, panicking Mario to look around for an answer, which so happened to walk by in the form of Heavy Weapons Guy. Mario asked Heavy to shoot him in the leg. Heavy wouldn't just do so, causing Mario to say that he never flushed the toilet after using it, disgusting Heavy into shooting his leg off. It worked and Big Smoke had to release the car. Suddenly, the repercussion came in and Mario yelled out in pain.
One screen cut later, Mario was exclaiming how he was a natural at being a taxi driver and that he should use his earnings to buy himself some spaghetti when Toadsworth came out from the trunk and started clinging to the front of the taxi. Horrified, Mario tried running him over but all it did was to get him to be at the back of the taxi. Mario then tried throwing random objects (including SMG4) but it didn't work. Soon, Toadsworth ended up beside him and was about to beat up Mario. Just then, Mario asked if he could keep the money he earned. Toadsworth's response was to attack him and later on back at the starting location of the video, throw him out back on the road.
Fortunately for Mario, Toadsworth was nice enough to let him keep some of the earnings. Just then, a taxi ran him over, causing Mario to drop his earnings near him. Turn out the hitter was none other than Jeeves, who took the rest of Mario's earnings away to pay for the unpaid taxi riding, but not before telling him that whatever happened just now should be a lesson for not paying upfront, making Mario's effort fruitless.
- Fishy Boopkins
- Don Resetti
- King K. Rool
- Master Chief
- Professor E. Gadd
- Sandy Cheeks
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- This is the first blooper where Bowser plays a major role since SMG4: A Day In The Life Of Everyone, through without a speaking role.
- Excluding SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!, this is Ben's first appearance since SMG4: Stupid Mario Odyssey 2 over 2 years prior.
- This episode is similar to R64: Mario for Hire. and SM64 Bloopers: Casino, Cards and Chaos, as they have Mario trying to get money to buy something but something bad happens to him and causing him to lose all of his accomplishments.
- Much of this episode contains themes to Australia, the country the SMG4 series comes from, with references such as:
- Most of the episode being set in a town/suburb called New Exton, which is a GMOD map resembling a typical Australian town, which had been featured in previous videos. The link to the map on the Steam Workshop could be found here:()
- Mario paid for Jeeves' taxi fare using fake Australian dollars, which is the currency of where this series came from. According to that, there were 3 stacks of $50 dollar notes bundled up into $5000, which would have been $15000 Australian dollars (or around $10300 American dollars) paid, though still, it has no value due to it being fake.
- The company buildings in the town are puns on real-life Australian companies, such as LJ Hooker as EJ Hooker, a real estate company, and defunct company Westfield as Bestfield, a shopping center company, which brands the fictional Mushroom Mall.
- This is Meggy Spletzer's first speaking appearance since SMG4: The Big Bad Bully.
- This is Toadsworth’s first speaking appearence of Season 9 as well as his only biggest role in this season.
- This is one of several episodes to take a simple concept and turn it into chaos. Another example would be SMG4: Mario Works at Mcdonalds.
- This episode received some controversy due to the editing of the Yoshi and Bob Bobowski scenes. The reason was that editing was considered being lazily made.
- Wario is revealed to have been at the mall when Mario drives Luigi to the salon as shown in SMG4: Wario Tries To Stop Himself From Dying.
- Crazy Taxi: This blooper is based on this video game.
- Taxi: This blooper is based on this film.
- Deadpool: When Mario trapped Toadsworth in the trunk of the taxi, Dopinder did the same thing by trapping his cousin Bandhu in the trunk of Dopinder's taxi in Deadpool.
- Pokémon Go: Mario's app to find customer resembles said game.