SMG4: The Final Piece is the thirty-third episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and thirty-third overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
It is the eleventh and penultimate episode of the Genesis Arc. It was aired on September 11th, 2021.
With Mario captured, Eldtrich Axol reveals his final plan. What will our heroes do?
Continuing where it had started, Ax0l had gathered all of the Guardian Pods to finally complete his plans, which was to find a new avatar for himself. He was about to complete his plans, by using the power of the Guardian Pods to suck the life out of Mario, similar to what he did with Spudnick. However, the rest of the gang, apparently searching for Axol, Mario and SMG4, intervened, and they fought Ax0l back, who exposes into a figure that resembles Zero's true self, releasing Mario from captivity. As they fought SMG0, SMG2 ordered SMG4 and SMG3 to hide Mario. Meanwhile, Ax0l fended off the gang, and went into the castle to find Mario.
As SMG4 trying to hid Mario somewhere, Ax0l barged in and was breaking down every single door in the castle, forcing him to think of a plan. When Ax0l entered the room he was in, SMG4 distracted him with a meme, which was an axolotl, and ran outside. However, he was eventually captured, and was forced to surrender the box. However, SMG4 tricked Zero into thinking he got Mario, but instead he was shot by SMG3. However, as Ax0l held the guardians hostage, the rest of the gang barged in as well to fight him. Melony, in particular, was reluctant to hurt Axol. Meanwhile, SMG1 told the SMGs to follow his plan, and they left the castle.
As the rest failed to defeat Ax0l, Melony had programmed Tari to transform her arm into a rocket, while Luigi and Boopkins distracted him. Ax0l was thrown outside. Outside, Melony was at the helm of killing Ax0l, but ultimately backed down as she feared that killing Zero would also kill Axol. As Ax0l shoved her away, the guardians used their Guardian Pods to seal him back, but not before Ax0l grabbed hold of Melony and pulled her into his brain.
In Zero's brain, Melony found Axol, who was chained and he looks very weak. As she struggled to unchain Axol, he told her to reach out to his pocket. As she found his notebook, Axol told her to read it, finding his manga and his confession. However, the last frame has been smudged out, meaning that it's up to Melony to decide the destiny of their relationship. As Axol thanked her, he loses consciousness and is dragged away from Melony, the latter rushing to get to him. However, she fails and she found herself awoke in the real world with Axol's book. Ax0l managed to resist the sealing and stopped the guardians, knocking them off of their respective Guardian Pods and went back to his plans.
Using the power of the Guardian Pods and Mario as the avatar of this universe, Ax0l created a portal to consume the universe's meme energy, to act out his ultimate plan: a new universe with his own avatar, albeit at the expense of the other universes, as he wanted back the nice and peaceful life that he used to have. As the gang protested, he touched the crystal sealing Mario, and dropped into the moat, emerging as an enlarged, giant alien form, thus beginning the final battle to save their universe and everyone in it. The episode ends in another cliffhanger without the outro music.
- Meggy Spletzer
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Fishy Boopkins
- Bob Bobowski
- Chris Gordman
- The memes' energy is consumed by SMG0 to create his new universe.
- Genesis Arc:
- SMG4: MARIOS OKAY: This blooper picks up immediately after this one.
- SMG4: If Mario was in The Sonic Movie: Swagmaster briefly says "Holy Sonic tits!", reference to how he is still dating Sonic.
- This episode confirmed that WOTFI 2021 will conclude the Genesis Arc.
- However, this episode did not include the scene from the trailer where Ax0l jumped down from the castle roof. Instead, Ax0l exposes his second form inside his shell on the castle roof after being hit by one of Swag's missiles.
- The part where SMG1 throws SMG2 towards Mario in an attempt to save him is a call back to the flashback seen in SMG4: The Other Universe, where they use the same move to try to save their avatar, Spudnick. Of course, just like that last time, it doesn't work.
- In this episode, it is shown that Axol/SMG0 has reached his third and final form.
- The Final Stage shows that this will be the second finale of the Genesis Arc.
- This is the eleventh SMG4 video to place a greater emphasis on horror rather than comedy, the first 10 being SM64 Bloopers: Can the Villager come out to play?, SMG4: Doki Doki Mario Club, SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus, SMG4: Mario SAW, SMG4: The Mario Purge (Halloween 2018), SMG4: Mario vs IT 🤡, SMG4: The Weegee Uprising, SMG4: The Demon Among Us, SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND, SMG4: The Day HE Arrived., and SMG4: Mario and The Backrooms.
- Axol has finally confessed his love for Melony. It, however, wasn't until the next episode where this Axol and Melony relationship subplot was finally resolved with Melony filling out the smudged out frame.
- The full comic is later uploaded by SMG4 on Twitter.
- Melony has her largest speaking role in this episode, with the Voice of Wolfychu.
- The GMOD map Flatwood Bizaro was used in this video.
- The video was released on the 20th anniversary of the September 11th attacks.
- Coincidentally both this video and the attacks involved life-threatening or world changing events (the Twin Towers falling down in NYC, and Ax0l using Mario's unconscious body to create his new universe, with the ultimate risk of destroying the SMG4 universe).
- This is the first video Mario appears in where he has no specific talking role or a single subtitle.
- Swag saying 'Holy Sonic tits!' is a reference to how he is dating Sonic the Hedgehog.
- In the description/synopsis of this episode, eldritch is misspelled as 'eldtrich'.
- This is the 3rd episode in a row that has no credits music and a slightly darker background.
- After this episode released, the banner changed once again, now including SMG1 joining the other SMGs and Mario to fight Ax0l, who is now in his final form, and the background has been taken over by SMG0's tendrils, with the background now containing drawings of realistic eyes everywhere.
- Mario, however, shouldn't be with the SMGs to the fight with Ax0l in his third form, since he was completely unconscious at the time.
- The Matrix Revolutions: This blooper is an obvious parody to this film directed by The Wachowskis and starring Keanu Reeves.
- Zero's plan of creating a new universe using the life energy of memes is a reference to Agent Smith intending to destroy both the Matrix and the real world.
- MordeTwi: The shipping was referenced when Twilight Sparkle and Mordecai are seen sitting right next to each other in a park before being sucked into the portal.
- Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL: Zero's plan of creating a new universe using the souls of people is similar to Vector and Don Thousand's use of Mr. Heartland to assimilate humans with Barian Numbers for their world.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: This blooper has some reference from this game published by Nintendo.
- Zero's plan of creating a new universe using the life energy of memes is a reference to Majora-possessed Skull Kid use Majora's Mask's power to expedite the moon's collision with Termina.