SMG4: The Grand Festival is the forty-eighth episode of Season 9 and the five hundred and fiftieth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is also the final blooper episode of Season 9, 2019, and the 2010s. It was aired on December 28, 2019.
Mario and friends visit a festival for new years.
"Next year is the last Splatfest. And I'm gonna win it... no matter what!"
The gang are standing at the entrance of a new years festival. Everyone was amazed and ready to take it all in. Saiko was initially unimpressed, but became excited upon learning that there would be fireworks. Bob attempted to lead the group, but everyone almost immediately split up.
Mario, Luigi, SMG4, and Bowser came across a duck scooping game. After Luigi showed him how to play, Mario ripped off Bowser's shell and proceeded to scoop ducks with it, to his embarrassment and SMG4's anger, with chaos ensuing.
Meggy, Saiko, and Tari were seen hanging out at a mask stand. Meggy put on a Mario mask and did a Mario impression (somewhat terribly). Saiko, in return, grabbed another mask and put it on. Unfortunately, the mask was Majora's Mask, which started to possess her. Meggy attempted to warn Tari, but she was absorbed in Duck Pyro doing a dance. Saiko was then turned into a monster, and Meggy screamed in terror while being chased around.
Shroomy, Boopkins, Axol, and Bob came across a shooting gallery game. Axol picked up the gun to start shooting, but Swag suddenly appeared and took the gun back. He revealed that he, along with his "idiot sidekick" Chris, have taken up running this game to make some money for a holiday vacation. Bob, having experience running a carnival, decided to help out. Upon paying the 20 coin fee, the three each got a gun as stacks of cans rose up.
Meanwhile, Mario's group came across a string game. Luigi won a DK plushie, while Bowser ended up getting a headcrab attached to his head. Mario yanked on a line, but ended up pulling down a power pole onto another stand, which threw a plunger at him, which Mario accepted as his prize. SMG4 tried, but ended up getting a Bob-omb that launched them (sans Bowser), to the mask stand. Tari greeted them, and SMG4 asked where the other girls were. Mario became startled, having found Meggy being chased by the possessed Saiko. Everyone began screaming while Mario attempted to leap at Saiko, but was pummeled. Bowser suddenly ran into Saiko, immediately knocking her out as Bowser apologized and ran off (still having the headcrab on his face). Meggy then hugged the returned-to-normal Saiko, who then tried to push Meggy away.
Back at the shooting gallery, Boopkins was up first. He immediately lost all his bullets out of fear of harming something, which was ironic because he ended up shooting Swag with nearly all his bullets. Shroomy went next, but wasted his ammo on a plush bear, having flashbacks of hunting animals back at Scout Camp. Axol went last, and began to shoot the cans no problem. Bob then asked Swag if he rigged the game, to which Swag responded by pressing a button, causing a large wall to appear and block the entire row of cans. Axol proceeded to ricochet his next shot to hit the cans regardless. Swag unhappily gave Axol his prize. Mario, Luigi, SMG4, and Tari came by, and Tari proceeded to take Axol's prize and hug it. Upon hearing the fireworks were to start soon, Mario panicked and rushed out to grab food. Bob left to go see the fireworks, causing Swag and Chris to become depressed, but Bob invited them to hang out with them.
The entire gang, including Swag, Chris, and even Duck Pyro, all gathered to watch the fireworks. As they stared in awe, they reminisced on all the things that have happened throughout the year, including Meggy's human transformation. Looking forward to the next year, Meggy resolved to win the last Splatfest, and everyone yelled "happy new years". Bowser then dropped dead, having never removed the headcrab stuck on his face.
- Meggy Spletzer
- Bob Bobowski
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Fishy Boopkins
- Monty Mole
- Mr. Blizzard
- Peach Toadstool
- Big Smoke
- Masahiro Sakurai
- Dr. Eggman
- Happy Mask Salesman
- Head Crab
- Heavy Weapons Guy
- Donkey Kong
- Freddy Fazbear
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Majora Mask
- Bonnie the Bunny
- SMG4: The Mario Carnival: Bob mentioned to Chris and Swag that he once ran a carnival.
- The Anime Arc: Just as Meggy mentions how there were many changes the SMG4 Gang went through, Boopkins brought up how they met Axol.
- SMG4: There's Something Up With Meggy...: Meggy still has her courage to win the final Splatfest for Desti in the new year.
- SMG4: Mario's Mask Of Madness: Meggy pretends to be Mario with a Mario mask provided by the mask stand. Meggy accidentally wearing a Mario mask and being possessed later ends up being one of the central conflicts of this episode.
- This blooper was originally named SMG4: The Festival of the Year, but was changed to its current title.
- Though only when fused with Majora, this is Saiko's first villainous role since SMG4: Final Fantasy Mario.
- Though only as a toy, this is DK's first appearance since SMG4: Sans's First Day In Smash Bros.
- This episode marks the final time the old intro and outro was used.
- This blooper reveals that the upcoming Splatfest would be the final one, setting the stage for the SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny