|This is a featured article!
That means it's considered to be one of the best articles the SuperMarioGlitchy4 Wiki has to offer.
SMG4: The Grand Mario Hotel is the twenty-seventh episode of Season 7 and the three-hundred-and-fifty-third overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on July 8th, 2017.
Welcome to the Grand Mario Hotel! Where Marios from different universes all gather to rest, share stories and... beat up SMG4's Mario?
After being misled by the pipe to his bathroom, Mario finds himself in the Grand Mario Hotel, a luxurious hotel visited by many variations of Marios from different universes to get a break. The hotel is run by Don Mario, who is the wisest one of them all, even above Smart Mario. Mario is first greeted by Smart Mario and then registered as "Mario no. 8052011 from the SMG4 universe", or "Stupid Mario".
It starts with Mario emerging from a pipe outside the Grand Mario Hotel, wondering where the bathroom had gone. Smart Mario came to Mario and greeted him by telling him what the Grand Mario Hotel is and showing him some of the other Marios. Then Grand Dad recalled an agreement to keep Stupid Mario away from the Grand Mario Hotel. Then Kawaii Mario was like being nice and Grand Dad shut him up. Then suddenly Don Mario appears. When everyone came in Don Mario looked at our Mario and said "You're from the SMG4Verse! Let me give you a tour."
Shortly after being greeted and registered by Don Mario, (His number is 8052011.) everybody gets to the table for dinner, but where's Mario? Don Mario opens the giant platter, revealing a spaghetti platter. But... (News Flash.) Mario is happily swimming naked in the spaghetti. Everyone gets mad, which starts a big food fight, gets This uh Mario turned into a watermelon by Grand Dad, triggering 8-Bit Mario, and eventually getting Don Mario severely injured.
Don Mario, in hospitality, tells Mario that he is not in condition to run the hotel. He asks Mario to do a favor, and Stupid Mario, in his excitement, immediately assumes that he is requesting Stupid Mario run the hotel. Don Mario however says that it would be a bad idea and suggested to get Smart Mario to run the hotel, but Mario, still overzealous about the thought of running the hotel, stupidly ignores him in order to run the hotel himself, and as he leaves, Don Mario dies of a heart attack imagining what would happen to the Grand Mario Hotel having Mario running it.
Mario, replacing Don Mario, becomes the manager of the hotel, which is very poorly managed by him, with Paper Mario in particular being placed through a paper shredder, and Mario blowing up Grand Dad's room with dynamite just to get rid of bugs. After Mario's severe mismanagement, all other Marios (with the exception of Baby Mario, who Stupid Mario played with) target him, but he is helped by Smart Mario, who leads him to Don Mario's deathbed so he can fix the problem, little knowing that he was already dead.
On the way, Stupid Mario falls into a trap by Grand Dad and Mario Head, but Smart Mario distracts Mario Head by telling him that Grand Dad thinks that "your" and "you're" are the same thing. Keep in mind that the Mario Head is from the game Mario Teaches Typing, so this kind of stuff triggers him. While the Mario Head is assaulting Grand Dad with hundreds of heavy guns, Stupid Mario and Smart Mario make their great escape. The two finally reach Don Mario's deathbed, with them finally seeing that Don Mario is dead, but Stupid Mario revives him with a 1-Up Mushroom.
At the end of the video, Don Mario fixes the conflict and tells Stupid Mario to return to his home and spread his message of love and understanding. Once Stupid Mario leaves, however, a massive dance party erupts at the hotel, due to everybody being happy that their beloved Mario has left the hotel.
- Baby Mario
- Kawaii Mario
- Mario's Fundamentals Mario
- Paper Mario
- Bellboy Mario
- Disco Mario
- Animatronic Mario
- Missing Textures Mario
- Boo Mario
- Smash 64 Mario
- Mario Party Mario
- Mario Maker Mario
- Dr. Mario
- This uh Mario
- Lou Albano
- Medical Person With Mario Head Mario
- 8-bit Mario
- Pikachu (On Mario's Pokemon Card)
- King Harkinian
- CD-I Mario
- Super Mario Kart Mario
- Raccoon Mario
- Traffic light Mario
- Mario T-rex
- Bowser Mario
- Sunglasses Mario
- Spoopy Mario
- Skeleton Mario
- Toad Mario
- Bullet Bill Mario
- Engineer Mario
- Cape-Powered Mario
- Midget Super Mario World Mario
- Weird Mario
- Don Mario died from heart attack.
- This marks the first video to focus on Mario only and not the other SMG4 characters (as Mario does not mention them or make any cameos.)
- Mentioned in the description, the idea of this blooper was taken from a HOBO THEATRE episode Luke Lerdwichagul and Kevin Lerdwichagul did on Hobo Bros.
- Stupid Mario being assigned number 8052011 most likely is referring to 8 May 2011, the day SMG4 uploaded the first Mario blooper, The Cake is a Lie, on YouTube.
- Don Mario breaks the fourth wall by saying that Mario is from the SMG4 universe.
- Excluding Smart Mario who did not interact with Mario during his time in charge of the Hotel, Baby Mario was the only one to not attempt to get revenge on Mario.
- Mario's hot air balloon from SSENMODNAR 12 - STOLEN SPAGHETTI EDITION can be seen at the dinner table.
- The other Marios do not appear to share SMG4 Mario's pasta fetish (though they do enjoy eating pasta), as Grand Dad demands that Stupid Mario does not swim in the pasta naked.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel: The title of the episode references the 2014 film directed by Wes Anderson, and it references some aspects of the plot.
- The ambiguous location of the Grand Mario Hotel is a reference to the location of the Grand Budapest Hotel, located in Nebelsbad in the Alpine Sudetenwaltz in Zubrowka, all fictional locations.
- Mario taking over from a sick Don Mario references Zero (played by Tony Revolori) taking over from Gustave H. (played by Ralph Fiennes) after the latter was killed by soldiers of a fascist state.
- The other Marios targeting Mario and Smart Mario is loosely based on the shootout scene in the hotel.