SMG4: The Internet Graveyard is the twenty-eighth episode of Season 10 and the five hundred and eighty-second overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
Dead memes tell no tales ☠️
“SMG4 episodes are getting weirder... -Luigi
The episode starts at Mario's House, where Luigi is seen relaxing while listening to music on his AirPods, until an Oof Button suddenly appears and abducts him. Luigi is dropped off at the Internet Graveyard, where he meets Mario and a mysterious person (who Mario recognizes as Axol) before the latter attacks the brothers. After a lengthy confrontation, Mario does the Naruto Run on him, making Axol regain his memories.
As Axol goes sane, he tells his story of how he ended up in the Internet Graveyard: because of Mario summoning the Oof Button three weeks prior, breaking Inkweaver upon arrival and driving him insane because of all of the dead memes that live in the realm. As Mario laments the broken Inkweaver, they are suddenly ambushed by a colony of Ugandan Knuckles trying to take them away. They manage to escape when Axol feeds them Tide Pods.
After showing his handmade anime to the brothers and showing a bout of insanity, Mario asks Axol for a way to get home. He says the only way to leave the Internet Graveyard is to make a dead meme relevant again. Luckily, Mario happens to know a local expert on memes. However, since there is no reception in the Internet Graveyard, they need to adventure to a Starbucks Coffee near the realm's temple to get Wi-Fi. The trio travels far and wide throughout the cursed realm for Starbucks. One of their escapades including a desert filled with irrelevant YouTubers (Such as Fred Figglehorn).
They eventually arrive at the temple, where they are immediately denied by the lords of the temple access to the Starbucks. When everyone sees the guardians' toilet overflowing, Mario decides to use his plumbing skills to fix it. The guardians are overjoyed and allow the heroes to pass. But before they can, the toilet suddenly breaks away from its base and is sent flying towards one of the guardians killing him. Outraged, the rest of the guardians chase the trio into the coffee shop.
Mario, Luigi, and Axol get into Starbucks, and thanks to the Wi-Fi signal, Mario is able to call SMG4 on his iPhone for help, thus enabling him to revive a dead meme. SMG4, with Mario's suggestion, his meme trading skills and some help from Meggy and Bob Bobowski, manages to revive the Harambe meme, allowing the three to escape the Internet Graveyard.
Back in SMG4's room, SMG4 asks how they got there in the first place. Mario tries to explain, but has a toilet break first. Wondering where Harambe is, the rest see him flying out to the sky, with the three admiring him flying into the sunset as the episode ends.
- The Ancient Protectors of the Internet Graveyard realm
- Oof Button
- Snapchat Hotdog
- Big Chungus
- Mafia City Boss
- Mr. Krabs
- Mr. Peanut
- Barack Obama
- Ray William Johnson
- Annoying Orange
- Meggy Spletzer
- Bob Bobowski
- Professor E. Gadd
- SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】: This blooper explained how Axol ends up in the Internet Graveyard.
- SMG4: Mario VS Youtube: Prequel to this episode.
- This is Axol's first appearance since SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】.
- This is also his first major role since SMG4: Mario The Supreme Leader.
- This episode, along with the previous episode is linked to SMG4: Mario Gets【Ｗｏｋｅ】, since both of them had storylines regarding on the aftermath of Mario's tampering with the YouTube Remote.
- The synopsis is a reference to the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tells No Tales.
- This is Big Chungus' first appearance since SMG4: Mario's Big Chungus Hunt, over a year prior.
- After the blooper was released, the SMG4 // Glitch Productions channel banner was changed, with all of SMG4's Gang, except for Mario, being surrounded by low-quality pixelation, red streaks around Shroomy, Saiko, Luigi and Meggy, the SMG4 logo glowing, and Mario's facial expression changing from his signature derpy triangular-mouthed grin to a more neutral and slightly unnerved expression. This may hint towards The YouTube Arc.
- Internet memes: A lot of memes were in the videos (e.g. Harambe, Ugandan Knuckles, Snapchat Hotdog, etc.)
- YouTube: When Axol, Mario and Luigi were in the desert, YouTubers Ray William Johnson, FRED, Annoying Orange and FPSRussia were in the desert.
- The Matrix: This blooper is an obvious parody of this film starring Keanu Reeves.
- Flying Gorilla: Flying Gorilla is a mobile video game developed by Japanese company pinbit and released in 2015. In early August 2019, the video game achieved the status of a meme on Instagram, with edits based on the game footage posted by multiple users. In the video, SMG4 says "A flying gorilla. This'd make a great mobile phone game", referencing the game.
- Donkey Kong Country Returns: The Mask Axol was wearing looks like a Tiki Goon, a common enemy found in the game.