SMG4: The Mario Concert is the fifty-first episode of Season 8 and the four hundred and fifty-seventh overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode is also the first officially announced episode and the third episode of The Rapper Bob Arc. It was aired on November 24, 2018.
|—, Bob revealing he never cared about anyone, not even Boopkins, his best friend.|
Luigi was filming the whole time, and claimed the footage a success. Bob, however, had just burned Mario with a flamethrower, but tried to play it cool and hoped his fans would come, "or he'd be pissed." In addition, Mario and Luigi had to manage his tour. Mario refused, so Bob gave the sob story of having nowhere to live and that he would get AIDS and die. Mario just insisted nobody cared, but Luigi was quick to turn his brother's view around, and Mario would do it if he got paid. His pay was drawings of spaghetti, much to his excitement.
Bob proceeded to call his private jet (which was an airplane from Ryanair), which was odd because he was supposed to be poor, and that was the point of the tour. Bob insisted that of the seven jets he had, the one he called was for poor people. Luigi was shocked into silence, but Fishy Boopkins came running over asking if he could come on Bob's tour.
For some reason, however, Bob said that the plane only fit one person, and the Mario Bros. were riding in his luggage. Luigi and Mario refused, but Bob threatened to shoot the brothers if they refused, forcing them to comply. Either way, Bob did not want Boopkins on his tour but said he would send him a postcard. Boopkins was initially sad but decided he would just take a taxi to his tour.
Bob's jet flew into an airport, crashed and exploded at the Terminal, and then he announced his arrival as he exited the airport. Suddenly Bob was swarmed by fans, one saying he was so brave for doing this after his house got burned down. Bob broke out the tickets to help his cause and told the fans to pay his managers, which just so happen to be the Mario Bros. Since they were not prepared, they were hit with rapid-fire money.
Meanwhile, on an island somewhere, Boopkins was packing his things for the trip, which consisted of many animated films, a Miku plush, his toothbrush, and a sandwich made by his father Joe (the driver was visibly flabbergasted at the fact that Joe was nothing like the son). Boopkins bid Joe farewell as the taxi drove off, while Joe wiped a tear from his eye. Boopkins was excited to surprise Bob, whom he believed was waiting for him to show up. In reality, Bob gave permission for anyone to take the Spike out if they saw him. Luigi was obviously shocked, as he had no idea Bob would allow the murder of his closest friend.
At the said location, Mario was setting up for the concert, though Bob was unimpressed with the size of his balloon. Mario claims he was not getting paid enough for this, but the Garo claimed he was paying him too much already. Mario was furious and took the rage to put into the inflation process. Bob wanted the balloon to be "THICCCCCCCCCC" and Mario furiously inflated, catching on fire after Bob wanting it "extra thicc." Luigi was happily checking his clipboard when he noticed the balloon a little too late. Bob claimed it was perfect while Luigi crawled out to tell Bob the fans were outside. Bob said to tell the opening acts to get ready, as it was almost his time to shine.
The concert was underway. Luigi thanked everyone for coming and announces the first opening act: Snoop Dogg, who imitated Filthy Frank while the Car rap from Parappa played. Bob was happy with the number of people that showed up, but his happiness was cut short when he heard Boopkins. Boopkins insisted he came to see Bob while Mario was doing his best to keep him from passing. Snoop Dogg finished his act and when asked for feedback, claimed the place smelled like sh*t.
The next act was Reggie, in his Reggiegigas form, who did a remix of his infamous "My body is ready" quote. Bob ordered Boopkins to buy a ticket and join the crowd, but he wanted to cheer for Bob from backstage. In order to avoid making a scene, Bob allowed Boopkins to pass. In addition to his stuff two paragraphs ago, Boopkins also brought a tambourine to play with Bob, but at this point, Bob was losing it and yelled at Boopkins to just stay there and shut up.
Reggie wrapped up his performance, and Luigi announced the main event of the night. The lights went out, and when they got back on, Bob was there performing a new song, entitled Booty. The song was dedicated to his favorite thing in the world: a$$. Boopkins said Bob sounded great, but, in a moment of Idiocy, said that he would sound better with a tambourine. Mario literally jumped out to stop him, while Luigi played good cop and insisted Bob would be done soon. In a moment of desperation, Boopkins ran right through Luigi and past Mario, who had fallen asleep standing up. Bob was on a roll but his flawless performance was cut short by Boopkins, much to his embarrassment. Bob called for Security, which was Mario, and the chase was on.
Bob continued to rap while Boopkins continued to evade Mario. He hopped up onto the speakers and begged Mario to leave him alone, but Mario was out for blood. Boopkins hopped off as Mario rammed into the speakers, landing on the extra thicc Bob balloon, causing it to rumble, and shortly afterward exploded. The fans were not happy with this turn of events and stormed out. Bob dropped his microphone and ran out, pursued by Boopkins. The Mario Bros. were also on cleanup duty, but Mario insisted his legs were broken so he could not, and even broke them to prove it, much to Luigi's frustration.
Meanwhile, outside, it had started to rain and Boopkins found Bob sulking in an alleyway, ashamed and humiliated. Boopkins tried to apologize, but when he brought up Bob needing help, Bob finally snapped, claiming he was doing better than amazing and he had made it clear that Boopkins was not to interfere. Luigi was taking out the trash and happened to hear the conversation, and could not help but listen to Bob and how he got so far, but it did not matter because it was all ruined. A true rapper would have told Boopkins how much hard work and dedication they put into getting there, but not Bob. Bob had lied and scammed to get where he was, and even admitted that he pushed Boopkins down the well that one time.
Boopkins being down there was no accident; it was the perfect chance for Bob to be the hero and push his rap career. Boopkins was at the point of tears, and Luigi could not help but feel sorry for the two of them, especially Boopkins. In fact, Bobsgiving was all a scheme as well. Disguising the flamethrowers as fire extinguishers, the Bob juice being gasoline, and telling Meggy to go cook knowing she would burn down the house was all part of a sob story he could use to skyrocket to fame.
Boopkins was now crying and saying that was not nice, but that only made Bob even angrier. He then told Boopkins the truth about the real world: that it was not nice. This was a world where one was either an asshole or a pushover, or if one was a Bob or a Boopkins, ending his monologue with "I sure as hell don't want to be a Boopkins" as he stormed off. He vowed to run his career the way he wanted to: selfishly and alone, without someone like Boopkins or the Mario Bros. working for him. Mario had also seen it all and was still mad they never got paid. He was so mad he forgot his legs were broken until Luigi reminded him, ending the episode.
- Bob-omb (normal in merch advertisement, Bombette as fan but named as Bob-omb)
- Jay Jay (appears at 00:53)
- Koopa Troopas
- A normal variant (appears at 2:58)
- Koopie Koo (appears at 3:07)
- Goomba (appears at 2:58 as a fan and at 3:32 as a taxi driver)
- Lakitu (appears at 2:58)
- Monty Mole (appears at 2:58)
- Dr. Eggman (appears at 2:59)
- Toadette (appears at 3:00)
- Hatsune Miku
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Meggy Spletzer
- Justin Bieber (mentioned by Bob-omb Buddy when it saw Bob)
- 0:00 - Wii shop channel
- 1:05 - Hoohoo Village;Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
- 2:11 - Flower Garden;Super mario world 2:yoshi's Island
- 2:36 - Course Clear;Super Mario World
- 4:25 - Megalovania;Undertale
- 5:41 - My body is ready song
- 6:38 - Booty;Bobs raps 3
- SMG4: Mario And... The Well: It is revealed that Bob actually pushed Fishy Boopkins in the well.
- SMG4: Mario and the Bob Mansion...: It is also revealed that Bob invented Bobsgiving and invited his friends to unknowingly destroy his mansion in order to create his sob story.
- SMG4: The Melancholy of Fishy Boopkins: The sequel to this episode.
|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|
- Despite the episode's title, the main star of the concert is Bob, funnily enough.
- This video is the beginning of The Rapper Bob Arc (despite the videos SMG4: Mario And... The Well and SMG4: Mario and the Bob Mansion... being confirmed to be canon in this episode timeline).
- Compared to previous episodes, this episode has a rather small cast, with only Mario, Luigi, Bob, and Fishy Boopkins being prominent characters. However, Joe Boopkins makes a reappearance when helping his son get to Bob's concert, and several other characters appear in flashbacks.
- Bob mentions New Donk City in his rap.
- This is the second time Bob is seen with angry eyes, with the first being in SMG4: Mario University.
- Bob's private jet is a Boeing 737-800 from Ryanair, a commercial passenger airline.
- This is the second time where Bob is featured as the main antagonist, the first being SMG4: Mario's Train Trip.
- This is the fourth episode with the initials of TMC, after SMG4: The Mario Café, SMG4: The Mario Carnival and SMG4: The Mario Convention!.
- Ironically, all four are part of two arcs.