SMG4: The Mario Purge (Halloween 2018) is the forty-seventh episode of Season 8 and the four hundred and fifty-fourth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is the eighth video of the Halloween series and also serves as a prologue to The Rapper Bob Arc. It was aired on October 27, 2018.
In the purge, all crime is legal for 12 hours. What will Mario and friends do to survive?
Teletubbies are gonna get my Italian ass!
Peach announcing the annual Purge, where crimes especially committed by Teletubbies during this time was legal for 12 hours, as a way to allow the normally psychotic Teletubbies to blow off steam, allowing the Mushroom Kingdom's crime rate involving them to remain low. Peach advised everyone to stay inside and not do anything stupid, making sure Mario got the message before announcing the beginning of the Purge.
Meanwhile, at her castle, Mario panicked and freaked out, asking SMG4 about the news. He was not concerned, as they did this every year. Naturally, he already had a giant gate surrounding the castle to block off the Teletubbies. He also pointed out the many people inside the castle for the aforementioned reasons. Luigi and Fishy Boopkins were playing Warhammer, Tari invited Saiko (who was drinking wine) to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Toad was on the couch with his phone. SMG4 advised Mario to not worry, as it would be morning in no time.
Suddenly, there was a loud bang outside. Mario grabbed Luigi in self-defense, though SMG4 was still not worried, believing it to be a Teletubby. However, it was merely Bob Bobowski wanting to seek refuge as well. Though there were no Teletubbies visible outside, SMG4 did not want to risk opening the door, with Mario and Toad joining in, with Toad pointing out Bob would never do the same for them, and Mario claiming it to be punishment for Bob for leaving him and Luigi to die during the first T-Pose outbreak. Tari however, was still concerned for his well being.
Everyone else except Fishy Boopkins seemed to be okay with him dying as Bob helplessly begged them to let him in. Eventually, Boopkins in a moment of desperation opened the gate just long enough to let Bob in. Bob was overjoyed as he and Boopkins embraced in a hug and spin, proving their friendship. SMG4 allowed Bob to stay, but only because they could not risk letting any more Teletubbies in.
As if on cue, Luigi panicked as several of them have approached the entrance, led by the Tubbie Leader, a Po in a pumpkin mask. They were here for Bob and promised they will let the others be if they could just purge Bob in exchange for their safety. SMG4 still was not worried and did not care despite their claims of knowing their way in. The Tubbie Leader gave them five seconds, which was already enough for Mario to grab Bob, only to get in a tug of war with Fishy Boopkins.
After the countdown reached zero, they broke in through the floors, and by then, even SMG4 lost his cool. Everyone was panicking, as Bob and Fishy fled upstairs. Saiko prepared to fight, but the Teletubbies had her outgunned. As she and Tari fled to the catacombs, the Tubbie leader ominously said: "Let the purge begin..."
Mario and Toad fled to the garden. As Mario attempted to use Toad's head to block the door, a Teletubby broke in with a chainsaw. The two split up (Toad not being very fast due to his lack of legs) and Mario jumped up a tree. The Teletubby attempted to cut down the tree Mario had hidden in before realizing he was in another tree. This resulted in the Teletubby chasing Mario between both trees before he taunted it. Naturally, his cockiness was a mistake as the Teletubby took out a gun and shot him in the balls. As Toad was cornered by the other Teletubby, he attempted to join the Teletubbies as a last-ditch effort. The Teletubby seemed to accept, but then slammed Toad's head on the ground numerous times, knocking him out.
Down in the catacombs, Saiko and Tari were still evading the Teletubbies, as Saiko remarked if she had a weapon they could take care of them. Just then Tari cried: "WATCH OUT" and tackled Saiko for a good reason: in slow-motion, an arrow just brushed past Tari's hair. Saiko was still willing to take them on, but Tari was distracted over the fact her rubber duck got hit with the arrow. Tari mourned the loss of "Quackington" but risked getting hit with arrows had Saiko not returned the favor from ten seconds ago.
The Teletubbies made remarks about Saiko's a**, who questioned their psychotic level when Tari noticed a torch on the wall. Saiko still had the wine she was drinking from the beginning of the episode, and Tari announced that she had a plan. Saiko downed some of the wine, then smashed the bottle on the Teletubbies, drenching them in leftover wine. Tari then threw the torch, which would have caused the Teletubbies to burst into flame but her throw was terrible and fell short completely. Saiko had a facepalm and although not shown, both she and Tari were soon captured.
Meanwhile, Luigi and SMG4 made it outside the castle as Luigi attempted to call RMKP, but forgot their number (911), much to SMG4's frustration. They were slowly being approached by 2 Teletubbies, and Luigi finally dialed 911. The stakes were high for the two escapees as one of the Teletubbies threatened to shove a calculator up their butts. Luigi successfully typed the numbers and could not help but celebrate despite SMG4 getting clobbered in the background. Luigi made the call, but no one was there, as RMKP were not allowed to stop the purge.
Luigi and SMG4 were captured, and they found out everyone else had been, too. Even Bob and Boopkins had been captured and were being brought in by the Tubbie Leader as Mario remarked that he literally wanted to die. SMG4 questioned their motives, and the response was "We're gonna have a bit of fun," though it was directed at Bob. He threw Bob on a table and just as the Garo claimed he knew Bob-jitsu and was in the military, proceeded to pull out a sword. Bob claimed it was just a joke and insisted they eat Boopkins as he was "nice and juicy". The Tubbie Leader raised the sword as Bob begged them not to do it for he was still a virgin.
Just when it seemed all hope was lost for Bob, the clock struck, showing the time to be 7:00 am, indicating the Purge was over. The Teletubbies returned to their happy-go-lucky and stupid selves, much to Mario's surprise. Bob was apparently responsible for their anger, and when Boopkins asked why, Bob claimed it was the most badass illegal thing ever imagined: he kicked over a bowl of Tubby Custard that one of the Teletubbies was about to eat. Knowing the history of the Teletubbies and their tendencies with Tubby Custard, everyone angrily glared at him, but Bob still insisted he was a badass.
- Fishy Boopkins
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Bob Bobowski
- Quackington (Tari's wizard duck)
- Teletubbies Narrator
- Fire Toad
- Pianta Guards
- Royal Mushroom Kingdom Police (mentioned by 911)
- SMG4: Mario VS Steve: The way Mario grabbed Luigi is also how he did so in that episode.
- SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus: Mentioned by Mario when agreeing with SMG4 to not let in Bob due to how Bob acted towards them.
- SMG4: Mario's Late!: At 2:15, Toad was doing the same thing in that video.
- The Rapper Bob Arc: Although not involved directly, this episode is linked to the arc.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 00:15 - (chill music during Tari merch section)
- 01:02 - (ambience when Peach announces Purge)
- 01:38 - Mini-Game Park, Mario Party 2
- 01:40 - Combat Theme (Overlord DLC), Mass Effect 2
- 01:48 - Goomba Village, Paper Mario
- 02:12 - Shop Theme, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- 02:25 - Revenge of Meta Knight – Halberd, Kirby Super Star
- 02:35 - Track 05, Alien Arena 2011
- 03:14 - Onett, Super Smash Bros Brawl
- 03:29 - Drunken Waltz, Hotel Dusk: Room 251
- 03:34 - (music when Luigi spots Teletubbies)
- 04:38 - (rock music when Teletubbies appear)
- 05:44 - (happy music when Toad tries to join)
- 05:52 - (dramatic music when in underground)
- 06:12 - (drums when Teletubbies with arrows appear)
- 06:31 - Sad Song, Super Mario RPG
- 06:37 - (ominous music when Teletubbies approach)
- 07:12 - (rock when plan is enacted)
- 07:38 - (ambience when Luigi dials number)
- 08:17 - Victory Theme, Final Fantasy I (YoshiOSTs)
- 08:24 - (frantic music when Luigi contacts police)
- 08:34 - (ambience when gang is caught)
- 09:41 - Good Luck!, Mario Party 3
- 10:02 - Laboratory, Mario Party 2
- This is the first time the Purge is mentioned, even though the Mushroom Kingdom does this every year. However, it may be the reason why Teletubbies are less violent in recent videos than they are in earlier videos.
- Due to his knowledge of technology, it is likely that SMG4 set up the defense system prior to the episode.
- It is unknown where Peach was during "The Purge" while the Teletubbies took over the castle and captured everyone. Presumably, since she is a government official of the Mushroom Kingdom, she was granted a safe haven from the Teletubbies during the Purge.
- This episode aired during the Super Mario Odyssey One Year Anniversary.
- When the group separate from each other in an effort to escape the Teletubbies, the duos each contrast each other in personality.
- Mario is partnered with Toad. Mario is unintelligent and cheerful, while Toad is intelligent but cynical.
- Fishy Boopkins is partnered with his friend Bob. Fishy Boopkins is friendly and childlike, while Bob is rude and is more adultlike.
- Tari is partnered with Saiko. While Tari is peaceful and doesn't enjoy fighting with other people (even with Waluigi while he was temporarily a villain), Saiko is prone to violence and has attacked the heroes in the past without any provocation.
- Luigi is partnered with SMG4. While both of them are similar in intelligence, SMG4 is more cool-headed than Luigi is, at least before the Teletubbies manage to find a way inside the castle.
- Despite the fact that Bowser, Meggy, Shroomy, and Jeeves are part of the main cast, they do not appear at all in this episode (although it is possible that Bowser was hiding in his own castle, Meggy was likely in Inkopolis, and Shroomy was likely in the Luncheon Kingdom at this time with Jeeves). Waluigi and Wario (who made a cameo at the start, being beaten by a Teletubby) were gone too. Possibly they were taking advantage of the chaos by stealing money.
- During the episode, it is unknown where Fishy Boopkins and Bob went before they were captured by the Teletubbies (They probably went upstairs).
- Unlike all of the rest of the cast who hated Bob for several reasons (such as him being a jerk), Tari and Fishy Boopkins (and possibly Meggy, despite not appearing in this blooper) felt sympathetic towards Bob because of their kindness. They also did not like anyone who refused to help Bob.
- This is the fifth SMG4 video to place a greater emphasis on horror rather than comedy, the first four being SM64 Bloopers: Can the Villager come out to play?, SMG4: Doki Doki Mario Club, SMG4: Mario And The T-Pose Virus, and SMG4: Mario SAW.
- Bob's kicking over the Tubby Custard and then saying "lololololololololololololol" while travelling backwards was repeated some fifteen months later, by Swagmaster6969696969 in Mario Gets His PINGAS Stuck In The Door, although in Swag's case, he kicked two aliens into the water.
- The Purge: The episode is both a reference and a parody of the action-horror film franchise from Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes.
- The First Purge was released on the same year as this blooper.
- One of the Teletubbies attacking SMG4 and Luigi is wielding a lightsaber from Star Wars.