SMG4: The Mario Showdown is the fourteenth episode of Season 9 and the four hundred and ninety-third overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This is the sixth episode of The Anime Arc. It was aired on April 20, 2019.
Mario and friends team up to fight a growing threat. But... they may prove to be too strong for them!
Desti sharing a laugh with Octoposse over stealing Meggy's weapons in the previous blooper when Meggy, Luigi, Tari, and Mario crash through her ceiling. Meggy demands her weapons back but an unfazed Desti presses a button, activating several sentries. Meggy demands a fair fight, but Desti refuses to fight them since they have no weapons and shoots them out of her hideout moments later. Meggy then accuses Desti of cheating, but Desti says that cheating is a legitimate strategy. The Octoling then presses her button again, this time fortifying her house. When Mario attempts to politely enter, he is shot.
Meanwhile, at Mushroom Kingdom-Metro International Airport, Fishy Boopkins and the others arrive back into the Mushroom Kingdom only for Chris and Swagmaster6969696969 to deny Saiko's entry. Axol draws up some anime creatures which run past the guards and distract them long enough for Saiko and the others to slip by. Bob hijacks a bus and SMG4 gets in the driver's seat.
Meggy drives her newly-acquired monster truck and runs into SMG4. Everyone except Bob has a joyous reunion with their friend. Boopkins introduces Axol, who asks for the help of everyone to unban anime. Everyone except Meggy (due to her dislike of anime) agrees to this, but she changes her mind when she finds out the anime ban prevents Saiko from staying in the Mushroom Kingdom. Even with Meggy's agreement, she still requests that they help her get back her weapons. Axol agrees to help Meggy reclaim them and inquires about who her "nemesis" is.
Back at Desti's house, a disappointed Desti assumes that Meggy gave up just as her Woomy Alarm sounds. As Meggy and her friends arrive riding on the backs of a Snorlax, a Charizard, and a Blastoise, she has her minions to shoot them down, but to no avail. One of Desti's own bullets is sent back into the barrel of her gun when the Blastoise shoots a waterball, causing the gun to jam and explode. Desti finds herself ejected onto the ground and is confronted by Meggy. Desti makes a bet: if Meggy beats her in a one-on-one splat duel, she will give Meggy her weapons back, but if Meggy loses, they will have to pull out of Splatfest. Meggy agrees.
Mario counts down the start of the duel, but Meggy suddenly throws her gun at Desti and knocks her down. Meggy then tells her friends to quickly take a gun and retreat. Axol draws Thomas the Tank Engine, they all board it, and leave Desti in their dust. She then angrily accuses Meggy and the others for cheating, only for Meggy to mock her by repeating the same line she said earlier that cheating is a legitimate strategy. Axol notices Inkopolis and reveals he was born there, but then Bob ruins the moment and complains that he hardly got any lines at all in this blooper.
- Hatsune Miku
- Black Gold Saw
- Konata Izumi
- Kagami Hiiragi
- Old Man Hobo
- Viktor Smokavich
- Coin Coffer
- Bowser Jr.
- Hideo Kojima
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- The Anime Arc: Several pieces of evidence points to this.
- SMG4: Mario's Illegal Operation: Bob runs while the A.S.S tries to get Bob because of the anime ban in the merch segment of the video.
- The fourth wall is broken twice. The first time by Mario when he points out how he, Meggy, Tari, and Luigi are currently in the middle of their own plot arc, and the second time by Bob when he complains about his almost total lack of lines.
- This video also revealed that Axol was originally born from Inkopolis (at the end of the video and how he knows Meggy is an Inkling, and knowing her species as well).
- This is the first episode to feature Axol with Meggy and Tari.
- The entry of SMG4, Axol, Saiko, Fishy Boopkins and Bob Bobowski to the Mushroom Kingdom is considered illegal because they just simply passed the gates without having their passports stamped or getting their items checked.
- This is the first time Chris now has a Gmod model.
- Mario's line at the end of the episode "Eat my hot Italian sausage!" is a line taken from the Robot Chicken sketch "The Smashing Games", a mash-up of The Hunger Games and Super Smash Brothers. This applies to SMG4: Mario Gets Stuck On An Island as well.