SMG4: The Other Universe is the twenty-fifth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and thirty-first overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
It is the sixth episode of the Genesis Arc. It was aired on July 17, 2021.
If he shows again, Mario will get rid of SMG0 once and for all!!
|—Mario and SMG4|
After entering the USB's wrecked interior, Mario & SMG4 found the console and went through the memories of SMG1 & SMG2.
The memories showed that 1 & 2 also had an avatar named Spudnick and the recent memory they were in was their recent adventure to find Spudnick's teddy bear and rescue him from a Tedi holding it for hostage. They resume to chase him through the universe until Zero appeared and killed Spudnick, which marked the end of the universe. Upset but listens to SMG1, SMG2 saved all of the Newgrounds characters, but after that, before they could even go into their USB stick, Zero appeared, but SMG1 activated the anti-virus program from SMG0's USB stick and tried to destroy it, but Zero managed to escape with one arm and followed SMG1 & 2 in the new dimension. The dimension is seen when the same man (from SMG4: Into the Dark Web), revealed to be Luke Lerdwichagul himself although his face obscured, shocked when his game was corrupted by the virus, disconnected the USB from the laptop, and downloaded Project 64 emulator to play Super Mario 64.
Immediately afterwards it became clear that Mario is very important to the world of SMG4 & SMG3, as SMG4 forbid Mario to do anything reckless that could kill him, because otherwise Mario would endanger and causes the end of universe. The two of them then left the USB stick and made their way home. But unknown to them, Zero's eye appeared and tampered with the USB console and called Zero's Guardian Pod from the Old Universe, the Toytoy Kingdom in which the rest of Zero's true form was.
Thus, Zero's return came a little closer.
- Luke Lerdwichagul
- Henry Stickmin
- Meat Boy
- Skid and Pump
- Howard The Alien
- Hank J. Wimbleton
- Tricky the Clown
- Zone Tan
Opening advertisement only
- The Skeleton got shot by Spudnick.
- Hank J. Wimbleton accidentally got shot multiple times by Spudnick when Tedi uses him as a shield.
- Tedi got crushed by SMG0's Guardian Pod.
- Spudnick got killed by SMG0.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 1:50 - Super Mario World - Ending
- 2:00 - Wii Shop Channel
- 2:18 - Super Mario 64 - Level Select
- 2:21 - Putt-Putt Joins the Parade - Introduction
- 3:14 - Kirby's Dream Land - Sweet Potato Shooting
- 4:08 - Mario Kart Wii - Coconut Mall
- Despite SMG1 and SMG2's names being revealed, SMG1 is still referred as "Hobo 1" in one scene. This is due to the fact it reuses footage from SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special.
- At 4:49, SMG1 looks glitchy even though they were infected later in the video. The same thing happens at 5:02.
- SMG4: If Mario Was In... Newgrounds: Many of the Newgrounds characters (majority of them being the Friday Night Funkin characters) reappear during the memory playback. Coincidentally, this blooper is the prelude to this blooper.
- SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special: Mario saying that he's seen SMG0's Guardian Pod is a reference to how he was shown by SMG0 how he killed Spudnick. Additionally, the scene where SMG1 uses SMG0's Guardian Pod against SMG0 is reused, although showing what happened when SMG0 got sucked inside.
- This video was aired later than most SMG4 episodes, being released 5 and a half hours later than usual, due to SMG4's error with time zones.
- This video was apparently private at first on YouTube when watching it on the Genesis Arc's playlist.
- This is also the first video since "SMG4: Mario VS Siren Head" to not be uploaded according to schedule.
- A scene from this had SMG2 make Tedi as a woman from behind, tricking the Castle Crashers thinking it's a woman to simp. This scene was only seen in the community if members see it on SMG4's community page.
- At 4:04, the music "Sweet Potato Shooting" (from Kirby's Dream Land) has skipped some notes.
- Zero was referred to as SMG0 by Mario. This potentially confirmed that Zero is also called SMG0.
- Outside of the universe Luke could be seen playing the game and after the "crash" of the game he downloaded "Project 64" and thus created the SMG4 universe.
- This episode shows that Newgrounds characters new and old all came from Old Universe.
- Boyfriend being a baby in this episode is a visual gag on how Friday Night Funkin' didn't exist in any form yet.
- This is the first episode since SMG4: If Mario Was In Friday Night Funkin 2 to not have Nintendofan997/Aaron Rodgers as a writer and the second episode since SMG4: If Mario Was In... Newgrounds to have Luke Lerdwichagul as a co-writer.
- Irony: Mario is told that since he is the avatar, his universe dies if he does. However, he has been killed off in numerous videos. SMG4 might've meant that if Mario dies by SMG0, then it would be his final death, making him unrevivable, as such with his world.
- The Matrix Reloaded: This blooper is an obvious parody to this film directed by The Wachowskis and starring Keanu Reeves.
- The avatar was killed causes the universe destroys is reference to the One other choice is refuses cause the Matrix to crash and killing everyone connected to it, which combined with the pending destruction of Zion would mean humanity's extinction.
- Undertale: Spudnick scats the tune of Megalovania after decapitating the skeleton.
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Pico is shown stockpiling toilet paper, claiming that it’ll help him survive his universe falling apart before he’s picked up by SMG2