SMG4: To Become A God is the thirty-eighth episode of Season 11 and the six hundred and fifty overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
This episode was aired on October 16th, 2021.
Mario and friends try to control the madness and powers of the Fierce Diety Mask.
As Mario, Luigi, Meggy and Saiko were doing their own things in the castle, they suddenly felt tremors. Looking outside for any earthquakes, they found Melony practicing her sword skills on a wooden SMG0. However, as she went on, her Fierce Deity Mask powers controlled her and charged to attack Luigi, but was stopped by Meggy with a ping-pong paddle. As Meggy snapped her out of it, Melony fainted.
Melony then found herself in the royal infirmary, where her friends were worried about her. Bob, who was injured and wheelchair-bound from Melony's attack, confessed that he wanted to unlock Melony's full potential with her Fierce Deity Mask powers, which Melony did also confess that she wanted to harness her powers to protect people. Hearing this, Meggy decided to help her, since it would be helpful for her training as a sports coach.
Meggy trained Melony, but all she could ever do is to hurt herself and others during training. Then, Luigi had the idea to invite his friends over to his temple to meditate to find their true selves. As they meditated, Melony found herself in her mind, where the Fierce Deity was waiting for her to control her body. With Melony fully controlled by the Fierce Deity, she bursted out of the temple, with her friends chasing her.
Fierce Deity Melony began rampaging in the Industrial District, destroying a Coca-Cola bottling plant as one of the signs contained the word 'zero' advertising Coca-Cola Zero. Despite their best efforts, neither Mr. Monitor from the police or Swagmaster and Chris from the army were able to take her down. Fortunately, her friends came in. With Meggy's instructions, Luigi and Saiko played baseball with Mario, launching him towards Melony, but missed. As Melony was about to take him down with her Sword Beam, Meggy reminded Mario to curl into a ball and deflect the Sword Beam with a ping-pong paddle to knock out Melony.
With the Fierce Deity now lost control, Melony snapped out and cried for the destruction she caused. However, her friends came to console her, Meggy promised that they would do more to train Melony to harness her powers easily. Hearing this, Saiko and Luigi praised her for her willingness to help her, but Mario could only brag about being the best table tennis player under her coaching. When everyone fell on deaf ears, Mario simply left.
- Luigi Dolls
- Bullet Bill
- Barack Obama
- Cheep Cheep
- Koopa Troopa
- Doc Louis
- Donkey Kong
- Mr. Blizzard
- Monty Mole
- Pepsi Man
- Hal Monitor
- SMG4: Mario's Corn Trip: Bob once again mentions his parents not loving him, this time saying that his father abandoned him.
- SMG4: She's Back!: Meggy reminded Mario about his promise that she will be his coach in various sports.
- Genesis Arc: This episode takes place after the events of the Genesis Arc
- SMG4: The Day HE Arrived.: The way how the Fierce Deity possessed Melony is eerily reminiscent to how Niles assimilates Axol. However, it was more voluntary with Melony, because after Melony had calmed down she turned back and Fierce Deity made no sign of taking over Melony again.
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021: Melony still suffers from PTSD since she feels guilty of Axol's death. It was also stated to be one month since Axol's death.
- Ax0l appears as multiple wooden dummies. Additionally, Melony previously being unable to cut one is a reference to how she was forced to sacrifice Axol since she was unable to break Zero's brain nerve that were trapping him.
- SMG4: There's Something Up With Meggy...: Melony here also showed an emphatic depression in the form of a strange behavior. Just like Meggy, Melony could be comforted after she calmed down.
- SMG4: Mario's Mask Of Madness: Bob mentions Melony's transformation from watermelon to human in the form of a flashback. It is unknown, however, how Bob seems to know this considering the fact that Bob was absent in that blooper.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- 2:10 - Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time - Holli Jolli Village
- Pepsi man got crushed by a Coca Cola Zero sign.
- Melony first unlocks her enhanced Fierce Deity powers in this episode, but is unable to control it, at the moment. The way she walks after getting possessed by the mask is coincidentally similar to how Axol walks after getting possessed by SMG0 in SMG4: The Day HE Arrived. However, it was harmless and voluntary, but there was a short armok, which was later peacefully ended.
- Basically Melony was not violently in possession, Fierce Deity only awakened Melony's strength, but Melony could not control this powerhouse the first time.
- Fierce Deity Melony's personality is somewhat similar to Anti-Shroomy, as Anti-Shroomy attacks any demons he sees, and Fierce Deity Melony attacks anything related to SMG0 such as the number or the word "zero".
- Melony being possessed by the Fierce Deity Mask seems to have been made as a parallel to Axol being possessed by SMG0, as both have two stages of their possessed forms, and both of them achieve terrifying power upon getting them unlocked.
- Although only in a flashback, this is the fourth episode to depict Melony as a watermelon following SMG4: TEXTURES NOT FOUND, SMG4 2020 COLLAB SPECIAL and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021.
- This is the first (and currently the only) episode to be edited by Weegeepie, who is currently the second most-subscribed SM64 machinist after SMG4 itself.
- This is the first time since SMG4: The Fan Written Episode (4 Mill Sub Special) that the Fresh Spaghetti Tubbie is seen, only that it appeared as a Coca-Cola bottling plant.
- This is the first time since SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special where they used the Castle SM64 background within the first few minutes of the episode.
- This is the first time Luigi's Negative Zone has been used since SMG4: Waluigi's Time.
- Meggy was seen with a braid/ponytail for the first time thanks to John10v10's add-on for different hairstyles.
- This blooper's plot is eerily similar to Season 9's SMG4: There's Something Up With Meggy...:
- Both take place a whole month after the traumatic death of a best friend (Axol for Melony in SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021, and Desti for Meggy in SMG4: World War Mario).
- Both focus on a female character.
- Both involve that female character ending up becoming the main antagonist of the episode (Meggy, however, became the antagonist on purpose in the Season 9 blooper, while Melony only became the antagonist because of the Fierce Deity's possession over her).
- Both take place a whole month after the end of an arc. (The Anime Arc for Season 9, and for this season, the Genesis Arc).
- This is the third episode where Melony speaks in full sentences. The first two times are in SMG4: The Final Piece and SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2021.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The way Mario holds a mask on the thumbnail is similar to how Dio Brando holds the Stone Mask on the cover of Phantom Blood.
- Coca-Cola Zero: The Coca-Cola bottling plant that Melony destroyed because the signs on the plant advertising the said drink contained the word 'zero', Melony trying to destroy the plant is a reference to her arch-enemy being SMG0 (Zero)