SMG4: WHAT IF...? is the twenty-sixth episode of Season 11 and the five hundred and seventy-eighth overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 2.1 Prologue
- 2.2 What if Mario never became stupid when SMG4 showed up?
- 2.3 What if Bob became the next Colonel Sanders?
- 2.4 What if Francis, SMG3, Waluigi and Bob won in their arcs?
- 2.5 What if SMG4 had a "job"?
- 2.6 What if Chris and Swag were the rulers of the Mushroom kingdom?
- 2.7 What if the world ran out of spaghetti, and Mario gets depressed?
- 2.8 What if Bob was a sussy baka?
- 2.9 What if Saiko worked for KFC?
- 2.10 What if Nintendo came with a cease and desist?
- 2.11 What if Melony ran the SMG4 channel?
- 2.12 What if Bob was polite to women?
- 2.13 What if everyone had the wrong voice for their character?
- 2.14 What if SMG4 was an anime?
- 2.15 What if Mario never got his Pingas out of the door?
- 2.16 What if Melony simps for Veggietales?
- 2.17 What if everyone became Bob?
- 2.18 What if SMG4 was high on drugs?
- 2.19 If Mario was in Persona 5 Royal?
- 2.20 What if the entire cast SMG4 cast had lightsabers and Force Power?
- 2.21 What if Desti never died?
- 2.22 Epilogue
- 3 Characters
- 4 Continuity
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Music used
- 7 References
We take a dive down the SMG4 rabbithole of different timelines...
Mario and SMG4 are seen leaving Brazil, and they spotted upon a factory named the "Fan Fic Idea Plant", where a Redditor dumped toxic waste (what ifs). Mario, curious about the Idea Plant, and wanting to check it out, idiotically decides to touch the toxic waste against SMG4's wishes. Mario's touching of the toxic waste led to an entire plethora of ideas emerging.
What if Mario never became stupid when SMG4 showed up?
The USB did not reduce the IQ of Mario, and when SMG4 told him to do something stupid on the camera, Mario was confused. Realizing that his one selling point isn’t working, SMG4 is sent to the Internet Graveyard, followed by a screen stating he was "cancelled".
By: NO DRAMA MAMA
What if Bob became the next Colonel Sanders?
The television shows an advertisement of Bob's Fried Crap, with its owner Bob showing off how frying anything, including actual people, is allowed now.
What if Francis, SMG3, Waluigi and Bob won in their arcs?
Francis would ultimately have a waifu party to himself in The Anime Arc, SMG4's channel was renamed to SMG3 in The YouTube Arc, Waluigi managed to rule the world at the expense of his brother Wario's death in The Waluigi Arc and Bob continued his successful rapping career, devoid of his friends in The Rapper Bob Arc.
What if SMG4 had a "job"?
SMG4 became an office worker rather than a YouTuber. However, the loud, suggestive audio in his computer disturbed everyone in the office.
What if Chris and Swag were the rulers of the Mushroom kingdom?
In a parody of the French Revolution, Swagmaster is the corrupt princess of the kingdom, who decided to use the kingdom's funds to buy packs of McNuggets. Suddenly, an angry mob of peasant Toads stormed the Mushroom Castle, eventually burning him and his advisor Chris at the stake.
What if the world ran out of spaghetti, and Mario gets depressed?
As the title suggests, a montage shows Mario being saddened when spaghetti supplies ran out.
By: Yeet Farklebum
What if Bob was a sussy baka?
Melony called Bob a "sussy baka", who was confused.
What if Saiko worked for KFC?
Colonel Sanders was waiting for Saiko to deliver his supply of chicken, when it is shown that Saiko was enjoying her meal, until Tari asked her what was underneath her bed. As Saiko replied that she didn't know, the camera pans out to reveal a KFC delivery truck underneath Tari's bed.
What if Nintendo came with a cease and desist?
SMG4, now having lost access to Nintendo characters for the show, including his own appearance, replaced them with knock-off originals, where Shigeru Miyamoto was closely watching them to Tari's confusion.
What if Melony ran the SMG4 channel?
Melony is showing a play with her plot centered around friendship, using Lil' Chonks to play the characters. Obviously, the only audience were SMG4 and Mario, who found it boring.
What if Bob was polite to women?
Bob went out with a date with Saiko, to which he said nice compliments. However, as Bob told her a very perverted (but still polite) pick-up line, Saiko burned him alive and sent him to the hospital where he complained he was polite.
By: Liu Lucas
What if everyone had the wrong voice for their character?
Everybody else had their voice switched to the others, with funny results.
By: Rei Gamer
What if SMG4 was an anime?
Everybody, acting like anime characters, said "nani", until Toad, annoyed with their babbling, threatened to shoot them if they said "nani" again, to which Mario was shot when he ignored his warning.
By: mario mata
What if Mario never got his Pingas out of the door?
An alternate ending to the first episode of Season 10, where Mario lives the rest of his life with the door stuck on his crotch, leading to citizens avoiding him, and him being unable to use the bathroom.
What if Melony simps for Veggietales?
Melony watches the suggested "What if?" on a laptop and in horror states "God is dead, and we have killed him."
What if everyone became Bob?
Bob hilariously portrayed the entirety of SMG4's Gang.
What if SMG4 was high on drugs?
SMG4 made a stand-up joke that this was just normal SMG4, and after nobody laughed, he then went backstage, claiming that he wanted to cry.
If Mario was in Persona 5 Royal?
Mario's neutral special, Gun, was not powerful enough to stop Wario and Waluigi from robbing a bank, and it backfired when they used machine guns on him.
By: Jack Reed
What if the entire cast SMG4 cast had lightsabers and Force Power?
In a parody of Star Wars, Bob demanded Saiko to give him her KFC bucket, causing them to fight, ending in Saiko's victory.
What if Desti never died?
An alternate ending to the Anime Arc is shown when Desti was nearly killed by False Sephiroth's blade, and made it out of Anime Island alive. Alternate plots were made, including a version of Meggy's Destiny where she and Meggy both won the Splatfest together. As they celebrated on the rooftop, Meggy was impaled and killed by the False Sephiroth that attempted to kill Desti, then sparing her. Sooner or later, she faced False Sephiroth to avenge Meggy's death.
By: Madmicro 15
Mario and SMG4 are now stripped to their skeletons thanks to the radiation from the toxic waste. As Mario asked SMG4 how was their ideas, SMG4 had enough and went on an angry tirade, ordering his fans to stop with their horrible ideas and get help.
- Fishy Boopkins
- Peach Toadstool
- Bob the Tomato
- Larry the Cucumber
- Chris Gordman
- Hobo Mario
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Shigeru Miyamoto
- Meggy Spletzer
- False Sephiroth
- Gourmet Guy
- Hatsune Miku
- Colonel Sanders
- Koopa Troopa
- Monty Mole
- Shaggy Rogers
Many alternate timelines to past bloopers are seen throughout this blooper:
- SMG4: SMG4's Origins: An alternate timeline of what would happen if SMG4's USB never made Mario dumb.
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2018: An alternate timeline to see where Waluigi was never defeated.
- SMG4: Final Hours: An alternate ending to see where Francis succeeded in creating his island of waifus.
- SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020: An alternate ending where SMG3 managed to take full control of SMG4's channel.
- It was implied that the country SMG4 and Mario entered was Guyana, evident with the "Fan Fic Idea Plant" sign written in English, which makes sense as Guyana is the only English-speaking nation in South America.
- However, Brazil has a significant population of English speakers. Therefore, it is possible that they entered some other country.
- Wolfychu, Melony's voice actress, had more involvement in the episode, as she spoke in full lines.
- This episode marks a few milestones for Desti:
- This episode marks Meggy Spletzer's first appearance since SMG4 Movie: 10 Year Anniversary Special, as well as her first physical appearance since SMG4: The Pursuit of Happiness (if one excludes My New Adventure.).
- The music in the background of the Cease and Desist segment is a poorly done version Birabuto Kingdom from Super Mario Land, the Channel's outro music.
- It was famously used in a game named "Supra Mayro Kratt".
- This is the first appearance of Tari's apartment since SMG4: The Big Bad Bully.
- The entry involving Nintendo coming with a cease and desist order references what happened to SuperMarioLogan being forced to stop using Nintendo characters in his videos.
|Can I sing a song for you?|
|This music list is incomplete and needs to be completed. Any user is obliged to do so.|
- Thrills at Night - Paper Mario: The Origami King OST Extended
- 11:46 - Menu Theme - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 5:26 - I eat ass - TVFilthyFrank
- 8:15 - Bitch Lasagna OwO Cover
- What If...?: The episode is based on Marvel's concept of alternate anthology stories since 1977, though it is also more based on the then-upcoming Disney+ show, released on August 11th, 18 days after this episode aired.
- Avengers: Endgame: Desti seems to be based on Hawkeye in his "Ronin" persona in her scenario.