SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2018 is the forty-fifth episode of Season 8 and the four hundred and forty overall to be uploaded by SMG4.
It will be in the form of a war... of the fat idiots.
|—, Waluigi and Mario complaining about the actual name of the event.|
The episode begins with SMG4 and Mario falling through the Rejection Dimension where they were sent to by WaluRambo from the previous episode. Mario was horrified to find that he was flying and hoped that it was only because they were tripping out. SMG4 said he did not know and that he last recalled WaluRambo sending them into the place they were in now. Suddenly, WaluRambo appeared and told them that they were in the "Rejection Dimension", a place where nothing, not even life or companionship existed. SMG4 did not understand why WaluRambo sent them here to which the crazed person replied that if he could not get into the latest Super Smash Bros. game, then he would create his own Smash Bros. SMG4 disagreed with the idea but WaluRambo said it was not just any Smash Bros., but also a form of War of the Fat Idiots to which Mario corrected him saying it was Fat Italians but WaluRambo did not care any longer and said they had to fight each other in a series of challenge or they would never leave the dimension. Mario hated it but WaluRambo just sent them to their challenges anyway to a barbershop. Then he summoned Bob and released the Garo from his T-pose state who proceeded to ask what was up with Mario and SMG4. They asked if Bob felt OK which he replied he was feeling great although he suddenly had the urge to cut some hair and went over to do so, much to their horror. This started the war.
1. Who can survive a haircut done by Bob AND not try to die during it?
After Bob tied both SMG4 and Mario to chairs, they were panicking a lot with Mario claiming he already had a haircut recently. Bob dismissed that, saying his haircut would be much better. When SMG4 and Mario realized that Bob gave Baldi his haircut, who commented that both of them were f***ed, it caused them to panic even more. Bob just thought of them being excited and went to get his hair-cutting blades which were scimitars. Bob started with SMG4 who dodged the blade a few times before pleading with Bob to have mercy on him, which the Garo whispered to him that it did not exist in his world before cutting SMG4's hair to his dismay. Mario, seeing that was going to happen to him too, distracted Bob by saying there were women's boobs nearby, causing the Garo to scan for them while SMG4 was left with a large bald patch on his head. Mario used that time to make his escape but he did not get very far before he fell, causing Bob to realize what Mario tried to do. Since there's no evidence of Mario getting his hair cut.
- Winner: Mario
- By: Zomblox (@MoistOcto)
2. Who can make a better anime for Fishy Boopkins?
SMG4 went first showing his cartoon work, SMG4 Goes to the Grocery, the city-based one where he tried getting groceries against Jeeves. Boopkins, however, gave it a mixed review, causing SMG4 to get mad before being pushed aside by Mario, who showed Boopkins his cartoon work, Super Sexy Meme High School. Boopkins loved it and SMG4 announced he quit making cartoon for Boopkins.
- Winner: Mario
- By: SomethingChara
3. Who can steal Bowser's chicken nuggets without getting caught?
SMG4 tried to use a Minecraft fishing rod to steal Bowser's nuggets, but pulled the wrong items, including, a vase, a Kamette picture, and Jr. That caused Jr. to scream out, distracting Bowser into finding out where was the noise. Mario exploited that situation by dressing up as Jr., and taking Bowser's nuggets. However, Bowser then turned around to see that Mario was stealing his chicken nuggets and said he could not take them while doing the a major variant of "Johnny Johnny Yes Papa". After a while, Mario made a run for it with the nuggets. Bowser chased after him hoping to grab him, but instead grabbed Jr. who was still recovering from his injury. SMG4 continued to try to hook Bowser's nuggets, this time from the hallway.
- Winner: Mario
- By: MarvinComix (@MarvinComix)
4. Who can make Yoshi pay his taxes?
Mario arrives with police department surrounding the house. Mario made Yoshi pay his taxes which the dinosaur replied he would do it. Mario then smiled knowing he easily won the challenge just for Yoshi to suddenly pull a fast one on him and escaped. He crashed landed on a boat when suddenly, SMG4 was nearby. He said that either Yoshi paid his taxes or he would never see his son again. Yoshi decided that rather than save his son, he would keep evading his taxes and just jumped into the ocean to swim away. Let's be honest: Yoshi will NEVER pay his taxes.
- Winner: Tied
- By: King Inkling
5. Who can build the best paper airplane? Farthest one to fly wins!
Mario made a simple airplane and used a slingshot to launch it as far as possible. When he let go of the band, the airplane flew for a while, killing a Jay, before crashing into a couple, Red Yoshi & Birdo, in a nearby city, vaporizing it in the process. Mario was pleased with the outcome until he saw SMG4 create a much bigger paper airplane that resembled the world's best-selling commercial airliner (but by a small margin), the Boeing 737, and took off with it. Mario was pissed at that.
- Winner: SMG4
- By: Viger the Magnemite
6. Who can get Luigi a date?
At a clothing store, SMG4 said he would get him a suit, a tie, and some hair products and told him to stay put meanwhile and then added when he was done, he would look fabulous before leaving. Just then, Mario appeared with a wheelbarrow of spaghetti. Luigi wondered what would Mario do with that load and Mario said it was to get the ladies. In this case, by covering him with spaghetti. Mario then said to go out and get the ladies, which Luigi agreed. Later outside, a crow spotted Luigi covered in spaghetti since his a** was holy. More crows came and went to attack him, just as SMG4 returned with some cologne and the suit. Mario claimed he succeeded but Luigi was being attacked. However, the rules didn't say anything about animals wanting Luigi's butt.
- Winner: Mario
- By: Damian Johnson
7. Who can beat Wheelchair Koopa in a wheelchair race, with obstacles?
On Rainbow Road, both Mario and SMG4 started very fast while Wheelchair Koopa started very slowly. The duo fought each other in the race, with Mario slapping off SMG4's hat, and to with SMG4 responded with a chainsaw. Meanwhile, Wheelchair Koopa was in no way ahead of the race. Eventually, the duo upgraded their vehicles using the ? boxes. Mario's upgrade gave him a bike, and SMG4's, Thomas, which proceeded to get both him and Mario into the sky before exploding. Wheelchair Koopa soon followed nearby but then fell.
- Winner: Tied
- By: Silveo Algentum (@silveosalgentum)
8. Who can scare Meggy?
Mario went first by disguising as Callie (although he did succeed in freaking Marie out), an Octoling (but got gunned down instead), stealing her headset, and finally tried calling her and disrupting the power supply to her house. Mario laughed as he expected to win but Meggy was soon outside behind him. He turned around to realize he was done for and subsequently stuffed in a trash can. SMG4 then appeared with Boopkins in his hand before throwing him inside her house. He then asked if she wanted to watch anime with him, making her scream in terror.
- Winner: SMG4
- By: Jazvi1
9. Who can survive a night out with Saiko
Mario was first but as she talked about her problems, Mario became very distracted with 3 Baldis doing the "Take the L" emote in his mind. When Saiko asked for his opinion, he told her to shut up. Insulted, Saiko angrily threw him through a chandelier. SMG4 was next and Saiko grumpily told him to listen to her or he would regret it. SMG4, scared, agreed. Saiko then angrily asked why was he not pouring the drink to which he quickly struggled with but managed to do so after a while. Saiko thanked him but he had a heart attack.
- Winner: Tied
- By: gabenpereira
10/Finale. Who can last longer in a match of "Super Smash each other in the ass brothers" against Tari
The duo come out of the rubble like in the trailer. WaluRambo then came tasking both Mario and SMG4 to play Super Smash each other in the ass Bros. Mario initially was relieved that he could simply sit down and play. WaluRambo then corrected him saying it was in real life before taking control of Mario's body and using him to beat up SMG4. As the two fought, suddenly, an unknown voice told WaluRambo to stop it. Turned out it was Tari but she clumsily fell from the rubble. She was soon back on track where she claimed she would help end the challenge by taking control of SMG4 with the magic controller she used to control Master Hand.
As a result, SMG4 and Mario became equally matched. Mario, however, turned the tables and kicked SMG4 into a building. Satisfied, WaluRambo ordered Mario to kill SMG4, mind-controlling him into doing so. Realizing she cannot let WaluRambo win, Tari went into Expert mode and had SMG4 fly out of the building (accidentally falling on Mario) and rush towards WaluRambo, expertly dodging all the bolts shot at him and knocking the scepter out of his hand, and exploding.
- Winner: SMG4/Tari
- By: Mike Geno
Due to the scepter being destroyed, all of the T-Pose Zombies returned to their normal states. As a result, WaluRambo became even angrier as the rest of the SMG4 cast celebrated. The battle was not over, though. WaluRambo challenged everyone to a rap battle.
(The following lyrics are set to the song Picture Perfect by Pascal Michael Stiefel, more specifically the remixed version produced by him and Overclocked ReMix for the A Hat in Time soundtrack.)
Mario and SMG4 said that since he gained power by rejection, he must be weakened by affection. Therefore, there had to be someone who still loved him, even though WaluRambo believed it was impossible.
Suddenly, Wario joined in the rap and in it, he apologized to WaluRambo for always being an a**hole.
WaluRambo momentarily lost his power, turning back into Waluigi, but he declared that it was too late. Wario said that he expected such a reaction and because of it, he went on a long journey to find a therapist, who happened to be SMG3, with the therapy meeting in front of the cast. SMG3 said he was only doing this due to WaluRambo being the bigger villain than he was. After evaluating his mood, SMG3 asked if Wario had anything to say to him to which he replied, that despite his villainous acts, he still loved his brother. Moved, WaluRambo reverted back to Waluigi again and the two hugged, causing everyone except for Toad (who found it disgusting), Bob (who was disappointed as to how the arc was ending so generically), and Saiko (who found it boring), to be happy. SMG4 was happy that everything turned out to be okay but Mario realized that Mushroom Kingdom was still destroyed due to the events that unfolded in Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse. Since nobody seemed interested in restoring the kingdom, Tari suggested playing some more video games, to which everyone except for SMG3, Wario, and Waluigi all happily agreed to. SMG3 then shrugged and left shortly after, leaving the Wario Bros. in their hugs, as the episode and the first arc end.
- Meggy Spletzer
- Saiko Bichitaru
- Bob Bobowski
- Fishy Boopkins
- Baldi (appears in challenge 1 to say that both Mario and SMG4 are done for)
- Ronald McDonald (appears in challenge 2 in Mario's anime)
- Shrek (appears in challenge 2 in Mario's anime)
- Hobo Mario (appears in challenge 2 in Mario's anime)
- Kermit the Frog (appears in challenge 2 in Mario's anime)
- Kamek (appears in challenge 3 in a picture as Kamette)
- Policemen (appears in challenge 4 during Mario's attempt; using Gmod model)
- Yoshi's Child (appears in challenge 4 during SMG4's attempt)
- Jay (appears in challenge 5 during Mario's attempt but got killed by his flaming airplane)
- Red Yoshi & Birdo (appears in challenge 5 during Mario's attempt but are presumed dead from the explosion)
- Lakitu (appears in challenge 7)
- Thomas the Tank Engine (appears in challenge 7 as SMG4's upgrade)
- Callie (appears in challenge 8 as Mario's disguise)
- Marie (appears in challenge 8)
- Bullet Bill (appears in rap battle)
|1||Survive a haircut done by Bob, AND not try to die during it||Mario|
|2||Make a better anime for Fishy Boopkins||Mario|
|3||Steal Bowser's chicken nuggets without getting caught||Mario|
|4||Make Yoshi pay his taxes||Draw|
|5||Build the best paper airplane and fly it farther||SMG4|
|6||Get Luigi a date||Mario|
|7||Beat Wheelchair Koopa in a wheelchair race, with obstacles||Draw|
|9||Survive a night out with Saiko||Draw|
|10||Last longer in a match of "Super Smash each other in the ass brothers" against Tari||SMG4/Tari|
- SMG4: Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse: The continuity of the previous blooper.
- The Waluigi Arc: This is the finale of the Waluigi Arc.
- SMG4: Mario University: SMG4 has his degree in memes when he is asked about his bachelor.
- SMG4: Mario waits for pizza: Once again, Meggy gets scared by Boopkins when he told her she was going to watch some anime with him.
- SMG4: Mario's Prison Escape: The Rap Battle Section is heard on Meggy's phone when they're escaping from the prison.
- The YouTube Arc: Rob and Bob were in the finale of the YouTube Arc,
It appears in Rob's rapping segment of the rap battle, pushing aside Waluigi.
|"I have absolutely no idea what's going on."|
- In the trailer, Mario and SMG4 are supposedly being controlled by Master Hand. However, it turns out that they are actually being controlled by Waluigi because, after a while, the gloves have a "Gamma" ( on them.
- At 23:48, this is the third-longest episode of the War of the Fat Italians series, the longest episode of The Waluigi Arc, the longest blooper of Season 8 and the fourth-longest SMG4 blooper ever, after SMG4: 3 MILLION SUB FAN COLLABORATION!, SMG4: War Of The Fat Italians 2020, and SMG4 Movie: Meggy's Destiny.
- This is also the first War of the Fat Italians where X does not appear nor is mentioned at all due to being one of the T-Pose Zombies in SMG4: Mario and the Waluigi Apocalypse. Instead, the role of the war's judge was given to Waluigi. He would later return as host in the 2019 edition.
- This is the first WOTFI episode where Mario and SMG4 were unwilling to fight.
- This is also the first time that they team up for the whole rap battle. Previously, they had teamed up against Bowser.
- In the fifth challenge, SMG4's paper plane is a retextured Boeing 737 (whether is a -400 or an -800 is debatable), and was believed to have flown some 2,900 nautical miles, although this is unconfirmed and based on the 737's real-world range specifications.
- This is the second episode to feature Meggy without her headphones while Mario steals it.
- The first was actually in SMG4: Final Fantasy Mario. However, that might be a possible error.
- At 05:23, a picture of Kamette can be seen, a parody of the famous Bowsette meme.
- The trailer was made entirely with Source Filmmaker. This is also the second WOTFI trailer to be made using entirely SFM animation, the first one being either "A war is coming... #teamSMG4 or #teamMario" last year.
- With the release of the episode, the channel banner was back to pre-SMG4: Waluigi's Time, which now featured the Glitch Productions logo above Mario and the SMG4 logo, implying that Waluigi no longer controlled the channel.
- Waluigi breaks the fourth wall by pointing out how SMG4 is a YouTuber. Bob later breaks it again by expressing his disappointment at the Arc's ending.
- Viger the Magnemite is the second SMG4 reactor (the first being GameCubeDude200) to have his comment appear as a challenge in the War of the Fat Italians series.
- Many people suggested a fight with Tari in Super Smash each other in the ass Bros. in real-life edition but only Mike Geno got his request due to it being first.
- This was the very first episode to tease Meta Runner.
- The boat used by Wario during his flashback is the King of Red Lions from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
- SMG3 must have survived the apocalypse, otherwise, Wario would never have found him.
- In one post, SMG4 joked: "Now to take a break and sleep for 1 year". This is because Luke and his brother Kevin were exhausted after finishing WOTFI 2018.
- Weegeepie released the Clean and Loopable version of the WOTFI 2018 Rap Battle with WaluRambo at the thumbnail from the previous blooper.
- One of Tari's lines doesn't make any sense. This is because she says that fighting is lame, but her (presumed) favorite game is Super Smash each other in the ass Bros.: a game whose main gimmick is fighting (however, she might be talking about real fighting, not virtual fighting).
- This video forgot to show all the other T-Pose Zombies and Master Hand turning back to normal.
- Mike Geno, the person who suggested the final challenge, would later become famous after he composed the music to a Friday Night Funkin’ mod.
- 00:00 - (background music during WOTFI merch)
- 00:56 - (ambience when in Rejection Dimension)
- 01:29 - When Memories Break
- 01:59/05:35 (sped up)/08:13 - Main Theme; Hotel Mario
- 02:13 - (quiet music when Bob is unfrozen)
- 02:31 - Potion Shop; The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (SilvaGunner rip)
- 02:44 - Combat Theme (Overlord DLC); Mass Effect 2
- 02:53/04:00/05:06/06:13/06:59/07:55/09:05/10:06/11:22/12:28/14:28 - (rock music when Waluigi presents questions)
- 03:02 - Creating a Microgame; WarioWare D.I.Y.
- 03:25/03:38 - Keepin’ on the Path; Mario Party 2
- 03:34 - (ambience when Bob refuses mercy)
- 04:04 - Trial; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- 04:13 - 干渉レジスタンス by Kikyow; Trial & Error Collection Vol. 1
- 04:44 - 再会の約束 by Kuyuri; Trial & Error Collection Vol. 1
- 05:11 - (shady dealings music from Mario Mafia at 02:51)
- 05:49 - Johnny Johnny Yes Papa (a major variant); LooLoo Kids
- 06:17 - (happy music when Yoshi is shown)
- 06:34 - And My Name’s Booster; Super Mario RPG
- 06:46 - (tragic Mafia song 2 in c minor from Mario Mafia at 00:59)
- 07:05 - Magnum Force (Sniper’s Theme); Team Fortress 2
- 07:18 - Penguin Cap; CarboHydroM
- 07:30/07:35 - (rock music when paper plane flies)
- 07:34 - (quiet xylophone in f major when bird flies past)
- 08:00 - Main Theme; Mii Channel
- 08:25 - Death by Glamour; Undertale
- 08:39/08:48 - (romantic music when Luigi gets swarmed)
- 09:09 - Starting Race 1; Mario Kart 64
- 09:18 - Elmo’s World Theme; Sesame Street
- 09:21/09:43 - Sooner Than You Know; Sebastian Forslund (Instrumental)
- 09:55 - Thomas the Tank Engine ft. Biggie Smalls; Norkkom
- 10:12 - Inkopolis News; Splatoon
- 10:25 - (funk in e minor when Mario attempts to scare Meggy)
- 10:47 - (creepy ambience when Mario plays with lights)
- 10:58 - Ending Cast Roll; Super Mario World
- 11:26/11:50 - Whiskey on the Rocks; The Flax
- 11:35 - (fast paced song in d minor when Mario is not listening)
- 12:05 - (dramatic music when SMG4 tries to pour drink)
- 12:51/20:07 - Main Theme; The Price Is Right
- 13:03 - (dramatic music when the fight begins)
- 13:55 - Green Greens; Super Smash Bros. Melee
- 14:12 - (rock segment when Tari reveals controller)
- 14:33/15:34 - Brilliant Thief; DjtheSdotcom
- 16:16 - Route 201 (Daytime); Pokémon Diamond & Pearl
- 17:05 - WOTFI Rap 2018; SMG4 et. al.
- 19:32 - Castle Grounds; Mario Party 3
- 19:53 - Title Theme; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- 20:19 - (background when SMG3 appears)
- 20:53 - (quiet music when SMG3 begins therapy)
- 21:06 - (quiet piano when Wario has something to say)
- 22:40 - (presumably original music for Meta Runner), SMG4 et. al.